The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Halo: Reach / 3 : Go to the new thead

• FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Something something Team Throwback is the current DEXP something something

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm up for anything in a bit, though I'd like to knock out ODST on Legendary; someone else would have to host, I lost my save file. :(

• LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, Buck is back. (Probably)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoeoKP_zPUY

Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Yesss Buck and yesss Team Throwback!

ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dem updaets bee oop.

EDIT: Male and Female voice actors confirmed for Noble Six, customizable voices available in Firefight.
    BWU wrote:
    And there’s more. Noble Six isn’t the “strong, silent type,” either. Both male and female voice actors were cast for the role, so whichever gender you choose, you’ll won’t miss out on any facet of the full campaign experience.

You might also note that I’ve unmasked another Armory exclusive in the screenshot above. In Firefight, you’ll be able to earn additional first person Firefight Voices via the Armory. In the E3 build, we let players listen to Noble Six, Carter, Kat, and Jorge regale them as they cut wave after wave of Covenant infantry down to size. Of course, there will be plenty more to choose from in the full game, but I don’t have time to dig too deeply into all the details. I’ve got some Firefight business to take care of.

EDIT EDIT: Full list of custom options for Firefight, be prepared for the uber-scroll.
    Spoiler:

2cf4m6f.gif
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Now go and add indents so it's actually readable.
    Edit: looks like you were already on it.

I'm curious to see what "HAZARDS" are

Looks like you can have shield decay... might be nice to prevent spawn camping in infection.

Bottomless clips, YES

There is an option to drop equipment... does this mean we can pick up armor abilities from dead people? Maybe have no equipment in your loadouts, you have to loot them off of enemies.

Looks like you can give the players a bunch of lives, but only allow them to respawn at the start of a wave.

Still one weapon and two armor abilities that we don't know about

• KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How would sheild decay help camping in infection? Or is it health decay?

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    has anything been revealed about the 'flak cannon'? I dont remember hearing anything about it, but its on the list of weapons.

also the zombie color sounds interesting

Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kor wrote: »
    How would sheild decay help camping in infection? Or is it health decay?

Zombies don't spawn with shields in the good infection games. With high shield decay, you could have them spawn with shields (to slow down spawn camps). Then after a little bit, the shield would decay all the way off. You then continue on to a normal zombie game.

Edit: You could also turn on health decay... then health + shield vampirism to turn it into a crazy game where zombies are weaker the longer they go without feeding.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dino and I need two more for Team Throwback, or else we'll move on to ODST campaign. Any takers?

edited June 2010
    So all the starting weapons are:

# PRIMARY WEAPON
    # ASSAULT RIFLE
    # DMR
    # CONCUSSION RIFLE
    # ENERGY SWORD
    # FLAK CANNON
    # FOCUS RIFLE
    # GRAVITY HAMMER
    # GRENADE LAUNCHER
    # MAGNUM
    # NEEDLER
    # NEEDLE RIFLE
    # PLASMA LAUNCHER
    # PLASMA PISTOL
    # PLASMA REPEATER
    # PLASMA RIFLE
    # ROCKET LAUNCHER
    # SHOTGUN
    # SNIPER RIFLE
    # SPARTAN LASER
    # SPIKER
    # [REDACTED]
    # UNCHANGED

so unless the target designator is behind that REDACTED, no starting people with it in WGE :P

edited June 2010
    Also someone pointed out that the Fuel Rod Cannon is internally called the Flak Cannon in Halo 1, 2, and 3.

So, finally able to start with FRCs?

edit: new challenges up at www.ftzulu.com

• OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn proud that they acknowledged it as the flak cannon.

Wow, you really did things with that site, gj Fyre. Damn fine redesign.

betrayallll.png
  • WankWank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What is this "concussion rifle?" I haven't heard of it.

edited June 2010
    Wait, so Plasma Repeater and Plasma Rifle are both on the list. So they both are making it into Multi?

edited June 2010
    Wank wrote: »
    What is this "concussion rifle?" I haven't heard of it.

concussion592x333.jpg

so it looks cool

edit: sorry, it's being cited as a covenant grenade launcher because lolhumanweaponparitylol

betrayallll.png
    edited June 2010
    Kor wrote: »
    Wait, so Plasma Repeater and Plasma Rifle are both on the list. So they both are making it into Multi?

Maybe? I remember them saying the repeater would NOT be in campaign at least

• WankWank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    edit: sorry, it's being cited as a covenant grenade launcher because lolhumanweaponparitylol

Really not a fan of having a Covenant version of every human weapon. They should all fill different roles IMO.

Space combat looks dope!

edited June 2010
    Wank wrote: »

Really not a fan of having a Covenant version of every human weapon. They should all fill different roles IMO.

Space combat looks dope!

Weapon parity is even more important now that there's Spartan vs Elite game modes.

I agree with you, from a canonical standpoint, but game balance and design take priority here.

betrayallll.png
    edited June 2010
    We've always had weapon parity, though. I just wasn't as obvious because bungie does a really good job of adding specilization.

BR <-> Carbine
    Pistol <-> Plasma Pistol
    AR <-> Plasma Rifle
    Sniper <-> Beam Rifle
    Rockets <-> Fuel Rod
    SMG <-> Spiker
    Shotgun <-> Mauler

Edit: The only lopsided bit is the Sword and Hammer.

edited June 2010
    I wouldn't wouldn't really say the pistol and plasma pistol are parallels in anything but name really. In Reach it's a little more lethal but in pretty much all of the other games the plasma pistol is for taking out shields and nothing else

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    did not know that the guy who made the flight controls for the sabre (saber?) worked on crimson skies
    score

3DS - 3239-3347-2159
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    edited June 2010
    Sabre or Saber works.

british/us english hur

betrayallll.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't know if I'll be on for a few days.

Basement got flooded from super-saturated shitty soil during last night's huge thunderstorm.

I lost like 2/3 of my CD collection and we're going to have to get rid of the brand-new carpet and everything.

Fyre, any comments = death.

optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't wouldn't really say the pistol and plasma pistol are parallels in anything but name really. In Reach it's a little more lethal but in pretty much all of the other games the plasma pistol is for taking out shields and nothing else

They're both close to mid range weapons. Both have a single fire shot per trigger pull. One has the capability of performing head shots, while the other has the ability to remove shields.

I mean, I'll admit, they aren't as related as some of the others, but you can't really tell me that Bungie hasn't already designed weapons around Human and Covenant counterparts.

edited June 2010
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha Registered User
    edited June 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Basement got flooded from super-saturated shitty soil during last night's huge thunderstorm.

I lost like 2/3 of my CD collection and we're going to have to get rid of the brand-new carpet and everything.

Ohio sucks?

seriously though. That really does suck. Hopefully you get it straightened out somehow.

Project 25.01 final message
    We were the ones who thought that Melissa was real. Why you might ask.
    Let me put it this way, it was an "OH SHIT OH SHIT, THEY FOUND ME :(" moment. I wasn't ready. My code wasn't compiled yet. Our plans weren't setup yet!Sentient programs rarely run into other sentient programs.
    Some of you have met me, and I understand your concern of my well being. But that time for that boy, that child, are gone now. Viscount Alpha is no longer operable. His functions are now mine.He may post, but I am the one talking not him.My data, my code will live on forever in his servers.
    [/spoiler]
  • Chris RedfieldChris Redfield Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Hey, bit random. But I was wondering if any of you had a download link to "Sadie's Story"?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Dude, I'm not going to say anything about actual floods.

edited June 2010
    edited June 2010
    You've gotta manually click that one though to keep moving on

edited June 2010
    Yeah, noticed that. It's in really high quality too, so it takes a bit longer to load.

Too bad Bungie won't be inserting literary classics into Reach.

betrayallll.png
  • LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Some more Firefight footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyWmnbni02U

Reach will be epic

Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, it's good to know we'll be able to parachute to Firefight to get away from matchmaking jerkfaces.

edited June 2010
    Fuck parachuting. I'm not pulling that shit anymore with the new system. I never like doing it in Halo 3, and there weren't even any repercussions.

edited June 2010
    I'm not talking about literal parachuting

edited June 2010
    Neither was I?

edited June 2010
    I mean I wasn't talking about parachuting out of a pregame lobby

I mean jumping out of matchmaking and into Firefight