As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Youtube Thread - It's much better if you put CJ on ignore

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i'm not giving them out to people that WANT them geez

Raneados on
  • Options
    CircaCirca Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    really not making any sense now

Circa on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    well they're scottish that's how they do

Raneados on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hobo licks nipple vid

before long we will have descended into Fat Man territory

Beasteh on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What is Fari doing in Japan? GET OUT OF THAT VIDEO FARI YOU DON'T BELONG THERE

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Starting the third ep of this mini-series and god I love James May even more now. Really just a charming, and in some parts touching, show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gjJIbBEBI&feature=related

Gatsby on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Simply cause the GOW trailer is so damn catchy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y

And something I would expect to see on the actual GOW movie soundtrack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcCZ8QZzi-A

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

This was really, really good, and totally unexpected

That was hilaaarious and great

Possibly because coincidentally I have been listening to that song a lot lately

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That really is a great song, and those guys pretty much nailed it with that trailer. Reminds me a bit of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5KfHEoZDKI

Gatsby on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huh, weird. The Budd Dwyer suicide is on youtube uncut, has been for half a year, and has 100k+ views.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drew-B wrote: »
    Huh, weird. The Budd Dwyer suicide is on youtube uncut, has been for half a year, and has 100k+ views.

The internet has desensitized me a great deal, but that video really did shock me.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Brand new Improv Everywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR4vUZT7Y28

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »

The internet has desensitized me a great deal, but that video really did shock me.

yeah that's something I could live happily without seeing ever

the picture on wikipedia is creepy enough. There's just some images and such on TV that make you acutely aware that it's real people you're looking at, not actors and special effects.

There's another clip that really did this for me, a bit of eastern front WW2 footage. Two german soldiers just drive up on one of these

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-725-0184-22%2C_Russland%2C_Soldaten_auf_Kettenkrad.jpg

with an MG42 on the back, turn around, and shoot a russian dude in the back as he runs away

just makes me think "oh okay I just witnessed the end of someone's life"

I should be drunk

also the first machete trailer has titties in it and it's been on youtube for a couple of years

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not Youtube, but Jewel goes to a karaoke bar in disguise and sang some songs.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4a87d48fdd/undercover-karaoke-with-jewel

Also, you guys are lightweights! I have seen the most horrible things.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    L|ama wrote: »

the picture on wikipedia is creepy enough. There's just some images and such on TV that make you acutely aware that it's real people you're looking at, not actors and special effects.

There's another clip that really did this for me, a bit of eastern front WW2 footage. Two german soldiers just drive up on one of these

with an MG42 on the back, turn around, and shoot a russian dude in the back as he runs away

I should be drunk

also the first machete trailer has titties in it and it's been on youtube for a couple of years

I find it hard to believe that little wheel can turn that thing

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Okay I just went to a shock video site I know of and these are some of the headlines on the front page right now

SHOCKING MURDER Video: Begging Man is Dragged, Shot snd Set on Fire by Gang of Men and Kids
    Half Decapitated Female lies only in her Black Bra after Suicide
    Female IMPALED in Suicide Jump left Upright on Building

There are sites that'll have like 10 'budd dwyers' posted a day.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I saw a guy try and jump between two parking buildings on video once

'try' being the operative word

he bounced a few times

it's just mortality that freaks me out, that and I don't really see having viewed awful things as something to be proud of unless it's hilarious (goatse)

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-725-0184-22%2C_Russland%2C_Soldaten_auf_Kettenkrad.jpgwith an MG42 on the back, turn around, and shoot a russian dude in the back as he runs away  just makes me think "oh okay I just witnessed the end of someone's life"  I should be drunk   also the first machete trailer has titties in it and it's been on youtube for a couple of years

uhh it doesn't

the tracks aren't there to make it look pretty

L|ama on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seen some pretty nasty shit on Live leak, some mercenary in Iraq survived a helicopter crash, then 3 militiamen come up to him, ask him his name and where he is from, bring him up to his feet and then empty an entire clip of an AK47 into him, it was messy and horrific. I don't think I will ever unburn it from my memory.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oddly enough, I've seen cable news networks occasionally use liveleak video in some of their segments, watermark and all. Though, liveleak is honestly the tamest of these 'shock sites' that I know of.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I should be drunk

uhh it doesn't

I meant to actually steer it, unless it has a control mechanism in it that governs the power to the tracks

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Kettenkrad.jpgwith an MG42 on the back, turn around, and shoot a russian dude in the back as he runs away  just makes me think "oh okay I just witnessed the end of someone's life"  I should be drunk   also the first machete trailer has titties in it and it's been on youtube for a couple of years

uhh it doesn't

I meant to actually steer it, unless it has a control mechanism in it that governs the power to the tracks

yes
    Steering the Kettenkrad was accomplished by turning the handlebars: if little movement was used then the wheel would steer the vehicle, however if they were turned further they would engage the track brakes to help make turns sharper.

L|ama on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oddly enough, I've seen cable news networks occasionally use liveleak video in some of their segments, watermark and all. Though, liveleak is honestly the tamest of these 'shock sites' that I know of.

Yeah, I've noticed that a few times, shock videos with the watermark. I really thought liveleak was one of the worst ones, but apparently I'm wrong. Although I did see a guy get decapitated in the street with a hacksaw while he screamed and begged, that's when I said "Ok fuck that!" and never went back. I could not imagine there being worse ones.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Damn I'm good

And I make it a point to never go onto shock sites

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    uhh

'just turning that wheel can't steer a car, there must be some other mechanism'
    'yeah... that turns the other wheels'
    'damn im good'

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I thought you thought I was saying "how does little wheel push cart"

you weren't all that informative at all until I asked if there was an additional mechanism

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This girl is 11. Her entire Youtube page, it's like staring into the abyss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PItJHk4h2Wg&feature=related

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah that video is gone now because 4chan did what 4chan does

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure whether I'm sad about that or-

Actually fuck it, I am happy it's gone. It's better this way.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Judging by the still shot, we've been saved mental abuse.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I will pop you with a Glock and make a brain slushie!"

Direct quote. I will admit some of the charm is lost without the delivery.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wh- why is there a dead man at :19 seconds in?

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    that's just a guy sleeping in the hallway

nothing to see here, move along

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    looks like he had a fight with that plant and lost

M.D. on