As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shit That Smells Good (not actual shit)

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I like things that smell good, consequently I spend a lot of time in Lush and Sephora

Today I'm wearing this

Usagi on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    I'm still of the opinion that axe usually doesn't smell BAD

people just use way too goddamn much of it. And it seems to be famous for overuse

like any cologne, it should be used in moderation

The spray-on stuff is just a thing from when everyone had gym together and people would bathe in that shit

Roll-on is so much easier to control

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i really dig the new old spice deodorants

i've gotten matterhorn and fiji and both are lovely. fiji has a nice lime thing going on.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    polo black, polo double black which doesnt smell as good but i bought because polo black was so good and i was curious and very sexy for him by victorias secret.

those are the three i currently have, i use to be a big fan of calvin klein contradiction

and i actually went out to buy that old spice body wash but none of the duane reades around me have any so i stick to my usual light/barely scented st ives mineral body wash

Aretè on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    I like things that smell good, consequently I spend a lot of time in Lush and Sephora

Today I'm wearing this

My wife wears that and it's fantastic.

Hunter on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

Today I'm wearing this

My wife wears that and it's fantastic.

I wear that, Armani's She and Kenzo's Flower most often, though I have a crazy collection of scents

Usagi on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OG Old Spice gangsta

represent

(also sometimes swagger)

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hate all apparel with a Ed Hardy logo on it, but the cologne smells surprisingly good. I don't wear it daily though. Usually its just Old Spice Arctic Force.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I use unscented shampoo and conditioner because my scalp is a whiny bitch, and I use some kind of unscented aluminium moisturising cream for my pits which I don't think I'll ever change because it's great

When I want to smell good I wear Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male which I think smells like manly cantaloupe

#pipe on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Love Spell from Victoria's Secretis the super best smelling lotion, etc that there is. Ladies, use this stuff because it is the sexiest.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    brb Lysoling my vagina
    Straightzi wrote: »
    So http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/ is like my favorite thing ever

I use some of their stuff when I want to smell great

Coyote, Nyarlathotep, Hades, and Dorian are my current favorites.

I ordered samples of Bengal, Belle Epoque, Hermia, and Black Pearl. I like shit with vanilla in it. Can't wait to get up all on that vanilla.

My only problem is all of their vetiver stuff smells weird on me

I usually am all about vetiver, but no, Highwayman and Iago both end up smelling weird as soon as they touch my skin

Straightzi on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2010
    In searching for a picture of it, I found out that Aveda has discontinued their after-shave balm. That shit is the best-smelling skinfacening awesomeness. I only have half a bottle left!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    One time I walked onto the T-line in San Francisco, and was immediately struck by one of the worst smells I'd ever encountered. It was like someone had dumped the contents of a porta potty right onto the floor of the streetcar.

Then I noticed that people were packed at either end of the car, holding their noses (I mean, in everyone's defense, the smell was pretty unbearable), loudly saying things like "damn, who shit their in pants here?"

Then I noticed in the middle of the car, in one of the seats, was a homeless man. The smell was coming off of him. He seemed kind of crazy, but he had it together enough to know what was going on. He just sat there. He had this look on his face...it wasn't embarrassment so much as defeat and resignation.

:(

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Resignation
    by Fabergé

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I like the smell of Head and Shoulders so I use that a lot. I also really really like Garnier Fructis but I can't use it for long due to my dandruff.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm big into citrus. Limes, lemons. Some orange. I usually get a lemony or orangey body wash.

Oh and this stuff, I fucking love it.
    old_spice_cyprus.jpg

That's right fuckers. Smells like limes and muthafuckin' FREEDOM.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love the smell of rain and the water, so any scent purchases I make reflect this. I also like the smell of freshly cleaned laundry.

I did go to bath and body works and pick up a little hand sanitizer that smells like Japanese Cherry Blossoms and its pretty great, I don't usually go for flowery things. Maybe I should?

EDIT: Oh and at Christmas time I must have a Christmas tree scented candle.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I actually need a cologne

something cheap/smells good, please

Projeck on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I too, need to purchase cologne at some point

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I use Stetson after I shave and sometimes when I go out

Also I have a psychological compulsion to wear deodorant

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    fruit scents are the best scents

scientific fact

sometimes my conditioner smells like skittles

also I am a big fan of pretending that I am a hibachi chef with my shampoo and conditioner in the shower

I am a cool guy

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also after working in Middle Schools I have grown to hate the smell of Axe/TAG

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    I smell sex and candy

Hunter, I would just like you to know that I appreciate this post.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm big into citrus. Limes, lemons. Some orange. I usually get a lemony or orangey body wash.

Oh and this stuff, I fucking love it.
    old_spice_cyprus.jpg

That's right fuckers. Smells like limes and muthafuckin' FREEDOM.

Oooo, that sounds really good. I once had a candle that smelled like limes and cilantro, it was pretty fucking awesome.

And in citrus-smelling related info, my wife uses some sort of body wash that smells like grapefruit and it makes me hungry every time I smell it.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, in lieu of Cologne/Perfume/Body Wash talk.

I love the smell of garlic being cooked.

B.C. on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    I always wear deodorant/antiperspirant because I am a horrible sweat monster

during the summer months I am sometimes known to melt into a semi-sentient puddle of goo

nah

Antimatter on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    aw what? a scent thread?

fuck this thread, this thread sucks, I fucking hate this thread

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I bet you Kochikens smells like a goose.

B.C. on
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmmm, I wonder what scents that package I got for christmas a couple years ago from my Uncle (Probably at the behest of my parents, I think they are concerned) I shall go check!

Hmmm, it looks like most of it is just Curve, is that any good? Never heard of it before

Retaba on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I only sweat out of my left armpit but I still use deodorant on both sides.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am the Unsweaterest, however my one weakness is being nervous!

Retaba on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I used to work with a guy who had that bad kind of BO

you know the kind where they don't just smell like old, unwashed shorts, or like the used towel bin at the gym

but their armpits have literally gone septic and they start smelling like ammonia and every time you walk past them you get tears in your eyes

one time I walked past one of those guys in the crowd at a Tenacious D concert and I got a headache and had to sit down because of his stench

#pipe on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Retaba wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wonder what scents that package I got for christmas a couple years ago from my Uncle (Probably at the behest of my parents, I think they are concerned) I shall go check!

Hmmm, it looks like most of it is just Curve, is that any good? Never heard of it before

curve for men is good stuff. its my default, everyday cologne. though its kinda popular and you'll run into a lot of dudes who use it, but hey, it smells great

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    I used to work with a guy who had that bad kind of BO

you know the kind where they don't just smell like old, unwashed shorts, or like the used towel bin at the gym

but their armpits have literally gone septic and they start smelling like ammonia and every time you walk past them you get tears in your eyes

one time I walked past one of those guys in the crowd at a Tenacious D concert and I got a headache and had to sit down because of his stench

my favorite is when you are out in the woods and you begin to culture a sort of woodsy odor

like, you can't smell anything but when you sniff your armpit you are just assaulted by something that has transcended normal armpitstank

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I would like to wear Old Spice but for some reason it is impossible to find it in deoderant form.

I also occasionally wear Hugo boss BOSS because I am.

Blake T on
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just wear deoderant but I seem to attract those random guys that walk around trying to sell you cologne out of a backpack. Just yesterday I had someone yell at me from across a parking lot "I can make you smell like an orange!" after the initial rebuff.

I almost stopped and bought something.

shorttimin on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I only sweat out of my left armpit but I still use deodorant on both sides.

Elsewise you would be lopsided!

B.C. on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wear old spice sometimes, and burberry brit sometimes when I want to class it up

but lately I've actually stopped putting on deodorant nearly as much because something like the last four girls I've been with have told me that they really, really like the natural smell I get (I really don't sweat at all, I just get, you know, "my" smell) when I haven't showered in a day or two, and I can only go "ew, what, you're gross" so many times before thinking that they either (A) are part of some secret society with a really boring point or (B) are sincere

I've also stopped washing my hair more than once or twice a week and holy shit it looks GREAT

It's funny that I've been stressing about hair and smell all these years and the answer all along was "stop stressing and things will work out just fine"

Of course it's not that funny because that is pretty much how everything in the world works from when you're born until you die

edit: it is worth mentioning that I am 130lb and the least sweaty guy ever, so I don't necessarily recommend this for everyone

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    the key is to wash your hair sometimes but conditioner it every day

and never comb it

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]