Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Internet Problem.

HunteraHuntera Talk phobos to meRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm having an odd issue with my internet after deleting a virus, that being I can only connect to Firefox as for some reason, Steam, Google Chrome, Opera, and Internet Explorer all don't work anymore.

I don't have any idea where to start that would fix this, I tried reinstalling all of the browsers, but that didn't help.

Anyone ever have a similar problem and could give me some advice on how to fix it, or where to go to fix it?

Huntera on
hYSTarq.png?1

• theclamtheclam Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Is your computer set up to use a proxy when it shouldn't? Go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, and uncheck "Use a proxy server."

rez_guy.png
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You could start with posting a Hijackthis log to their forum, and maybe here. I'd bet that there are some malicious bits of virus left.

steam_sig.png
    For Sale: Sony PVM 14L5 - multisync video monitor for exquisite retro gaming. RGB/Component/S-Video/Composite
  • HunteraHuntera Talk phobos to meRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    theclam wrote: »
    Is your computer set up to use a proxy when it shouldn't? Go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, and uncheck "Use a proxy server."

Thank you! That worked.

hYSTarq.png?1