As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Re-covering a hardcover book (Please Lock. I r dum.)

Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now.Outpost 31Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just paid $20 CAN inc. shipping for a copy of the Warhammer 40K rulebook. The picture on eBay shows that it has no cover, making the cheap price fairly obvious, but I just couldn't pass up the price.

I'm thinking that when I get the book I would like to re-cover it with either a new hard cover or a soft leather cover.

The picture on the auction shows that the actual binding is still intact and it almost looks as though the seller has reinforced the spine. The seller listed the item as being in Excellent condition, so I'm sure that the book is in good condition minus the cover. The seller also has high feedback.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or a good link that would provide me with some instructions on how to put a new cover on a book? Has anyone here ever done this before? Was it difficult? How much did it cost?

Thanks!

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a moron with an impulse shopping problem. The book I bought is actually the 3rd edition rulebook, which is why it looked so different. The seller did not indicate the edition in the description, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Sigh.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
Descendant X on