As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Aluminum Foil on the Foreman?

KamarKamar Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Thread title says it all. Can I use aluminum foil on a George Foreman grill without it melting or anything unpleasant? The one I've got it ancient and needs to be replaced, but in the meantime I'd like to be able to use it without EVERYTHING EVER sticking to it (it doesn't have the removeable plates and is almost a decade old, so you can imagine the condition it's in).

Thanks in advance!

Kamar on

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yes you can. The foil may act as a heatsink causing longer cooking times.

Shogun on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    aluminum foil is really made out of just aluminum which has a melting point of about 1200F....

so yeah, there won't be any problems with melting the foil.

Dunadan019 on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    That would be the most impressive george foreman grill ever.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's a fairly common way of cooking veggies on a grill, you package them together with some oil, garlic and onions in aluminum foil and you've got a nice side dish to the meat. I do it all the time without messing stuff up on my grill.

Movitz on
  • soxboxsoxbox Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Foil can be fairly scratchy, so you don't normally want to use it on a non-stick grill, but if the non-sticky-ness of your grill is already gone, it's all good.

soxbox on