Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

2010 World Cup, literally astounded

No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTEDRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Social Entropy++
500px-2010_FIFA_World_Cup_logosvg.png
World Cup 2010 Final Round of Qualification and Playoffs!
Spoiler:

World Cup Finals Draw and Schedule

Draw:
Spoiler:

Schedule:
Spoiler:

U.S. TV Schedule

ASimPerson wrote: »
Below is the entire World Cup group rounds schedule, with times posted in Eastern time and the appropriate US TV station.

Since I know that there are many PA readers in the UK and Australia, here's how to translate:
EDT is UTC-4
British Summer Time is UTC+1
Australian EST is UTC+10

So for each common start time:
7:30 AM EDT = 12:30 PM BST = 9:30 PM AEST
10:00 AM EDT = 3:00 PM BST = 12:00 AM AEST (+1 day)
2:30 PM EDT = 7:30 PM BST = 4:30 AM AEST (+1 day)
Spoiler:

Live Streaming Sites

ESPN 3 is the online streaming version of the popular sports network in the U.S.A. Their upcoming live streaming schedule includes the kick-off on June 10th, the opening ceremonies on June 11th followed by the FIFA World Cup matches. According to the NY Times, ESPN 3 will be streaming all 64 games.

ESPN Mobile TV will be streaming the kick-off, opening ceremonies and 56 world cup matches including semifinals and final to Sprint customers on the new HTC EVO smartphone, according to MarketWatch.

CBC Sports is Canada's national public broadcaster. The CBC Sports website states "Between June 11th and July 11th 2010 watch every game streamed LIVE on CBCSports.ca".

Optus is the #2 Australian telecommunications carrier and will be live streaming 2010 World Cup matches for free to customers with compatible 3G mobile devices.

TVU Networks is a live streaming Internet TV platform and, according to Ask MetaFilter, should be carrying the 2010 World Cup.

BBC Sport states that "All BBC matches will be available to watch live online in high quality video" according to this article, which also contains a schedule of which matches are on the BBC and which will be on iTV.

iTV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. According to their FIFA World Cup Live description they will have select content from all 64 games, and be broadcasting live any matches that iTV carries.

Online not so official streams:
http://www.atdhe.net/index.html
http://www.channelsurfing.net/
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=worldcup2010

World Cup Bracket Predictions and Pick-Em
http://games.espn.go.com/bpredictor/en-us/frontpage
Group: Penny Arcade
PW: wang

http://us.wc.fantasysports.yahoo.com/world-cup
Group ID#: 22443
Password: wang

No Great Name on
Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This isn't out of Honduras' reach yet.

• risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No, but they're not really playing that great or Spain is just really on their game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    haha "'miscarriages of justice"

martin tyler you are a treasure

oh dear penalty

way to blow your hattrick son

• psychoticdreampsychoticdream Registered User
    edited June 2010
    This isn't out of Honduras' reach yet.

it is now :winky:

• hectorsehectorse Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tomorrow morning

084_24chica.JPG

• HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hm no more games at 13:30 starting tomorrow.

Now what will I do all day instead of watching football?

edited June 2010
    Round 3 startin tomorrow.

Shit is gettin real

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    gonna be tighter than a badger.

• King NadaKing Nada Registered User
    edited June 2010
    At some point in one of the games today the vuvuzuela's started organizing and honking in unison. 6/21 - vuvuzuelanet became self aware...

• timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Ghostbuster Hook & Ladder 8Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Why are the next England and US games on at the same time? Damn it, I want to watch both!

3a6d8230-e44a-450d-989b-b8c17c4043da_zpsf1979ceb.jpg
    (3DS Friend Code) 5472-6198-4568 (PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork
    edited June 2010
    It's that way for all the games. It's so one set of teams doesn't have an advantage over the other.

edited June 2010
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/06/sbi-world-cup-diary-my-first-two-weeks-in-south-africa.html#more

"USA fans may hate the Mexican national team and Mexican fans, but the hatred doesn't really go both ways. I've met so many Mexico fans who say they are rooting for the United States as their second team. Many of them live in the United States, but even some Mexicans from Mexico go out of their way to root for the USA. Whether it's because more USA success makes the losses by Mexico to the USA more easy to explain, or whether it's respect, I've been impressed. I won't tell USA fans to return the favor because I know the emotions run deep, but it's something to think about."

Found your problem brah.

• chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    3 lions and FAI crest? Interesting combination. :)

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Ghostbuster Hook & Ladder 8Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    It's that way for all the games. It's so one set of teams doesn't have an advantage over the other.

I totally didn't notice that till now. I guess I'll have to have one game on the tv and the other on the computer. The sound of dual vuvuzuela's may cause my brain to liquify though.

edited June 2010
    I love both my children equally.

(I am definitely going to an Ireland qualifying game next year!)

edited June 2010
    The current implosion in the French camp almost makes up for what happened...almost...

edited June 2010
    It is the next best scenario.

• MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Red ZoneRed Zone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    edited June 2010
    Is there some summary of what's going on with France?

edited June 2010

Anelka gave Domenech some grief at half time during the Mexico game and was sent home.
    On Sunday the French squad refused to train (because Anelka was sent home without consulting the squad) and the French captain, Patrice Evra, had a go at the French fitness coach and had to be physically restrained from going after him, there are some videos on youtube. :) The fitness coach then threw his id away as he stormed away from Evra, presumably to keep Evra from killing him, and has left the French camp (as far as I know).

Domenech has since released a statement, from the players, that they are ready to get on with the tournament.

That's the gist of what's going on anyway.

edited June 2010
    Gotcha. Is there some previous event which is causing all the France hate, or is that just beacuse they are French?

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The coach is an idiot and the players are all pricks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrogeyBrogey Aca-awesome! Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    Hand-ball in the last qualifier game.

Sex-scandals.

Etc.

XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

R.I.P. Wampa Milk
    edited June 2010
    Hand ball IN THE BOX that led to a goal that put Ireland out of the world cup. I think Thierry Henry basically stole my ticket to the world cup. What's worse Ireland had completely outplayed France in that game.

It still hurts.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the French problems go back way further than that though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Just got back from playin pick up for about 3 hours, gad dang I'ma have the biggest blister you don't even know

edited June 2010

Anelka gave Domenech some grief at half time during the Mexico game and was sent home.
    On Sunday the French squad refused to train (because Anelka was sent home without consulting the squad) and the French captain, Patrice Evra, had a go at the French fitness coach and had to be physically restrained from going after him, there are some videos on youtube. :) The fitness coach then threw his id away as he stormed away from Evra, presumably to keep Evra from killing him, and has left the French camp (as far as I know).

Domenech has since released a statement, from the players, that they are ready to get on with the tournament.

That's the gist of what's going on anyway.
    Actually it was the coach that had to be restrained~

edited June 2010
    Oh also it was 88ish with 50% humidity

Got my entire light grey shirt to trun dark grey 8-)

edited June 2010
    Also Mexico and Uruguay are gunna tie and South Africa is going to pull a last minute winner and it'll be so sad.

Then someone will blow a vuvuzela and it'll be far less sad.

• BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    The coach is an idiot and the players are French

Fixed. :)

leonroughdividesig.jpg
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 XBL - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    edited June 2010
    it's true, being french exacerbates the problems.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

I totally didn't notice that till now. I guess I'll have to have one game on the tv and the other on the computer. The sound of dual vuvuzuela's may cause my brain to liquify though.

See this problem right here? This is the sole greatest reason I have found to use my Picture-In-Picture.

docshifty.png
  • IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    The coach is an idiot and the players are le tired

Fixed. :)

• Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User
    edited June 2010
    sorry, south africa, but I just put money on you to win today

so you're almost definitely going to get dicked

edited June 2010
    hell no

france is going the fuck down

those bitches

• gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Im excited about the Uruguay Mexico game! Both teams have looked real slick. Hopefully it should be a good matchup.

Though I would be happy with a 0-0 draw just to see France out.

• Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User
    edited June 2010
    I'm so far responsible for north korea's drubbing, germany's loss, silva being dropped by spain and both of New Zealand's points

I'd blame myself for England, too, but it's more fun to blame John Terry for that

edited June 2010
    I'm so far responsible for north korea's drubbing, germany's loss, silva being dropped by spain and both of New Zealand's points

I'd blame myself for England, too, but it's more fun to blame John Terry for that

what did you doooooooooooooooooo

This discussion has been closed.