Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational [chat]

14850525354

Posts

  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    main character and a guy she met at the grocery store: first names only when they introduce themselves at their second meeting is appropriate, right? informal setting?

    edit: this is Cara and Paul, same book I've been discussing in [chat] off and on for the past few months

    Captain Carrot on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    I think I made like 10-12 k last year.

    :P yay student life

    10 - 12 K?

    What kind of student life nets you that amount of scratch?

    One with a job?

    Working part time year long (thought I usually get shit hours and go away a lot in the summer so this year might be good) gets me around 10k I think.

    Also I did a work study thing which was basically chilling in a professor's lab doing grunt work and fucking around half the time which paid somewhere from 1-2k :P

    Alright, so you had a non-student part time job thing. Alright.

    I was thinking that you were getting student assistanceships and somehow getting 10 - 12K out of them.
    My friend's wife was going to NC State to get her masters in Genetics. In addition to them paying her tuition they were also giving her an $18k a year stipend.

    Then she got pregnant 3 months into the first semester and dropped out.

    Ugggh, this is exactly the kind of thing I would like to do.

    Did things work out for her?

    Sarksus on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Once more into the breach Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    It pretty much doesn't. But you get more used to the way it feels.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will never make more money than my dad

    ever

    Lets become bounty hunters.

    You distract the guy by hitting on him and making his question is sexuality while I sneak up behind him with a plastic bag which I will pull over his head.
    That's a little more contract killer than it is bounty hunter.

    You only hold the bag on long enough for them to pass out.

    However I can see me and eddy making a wonderful Mr and Mr Smith

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    evilbob wrote: »
    I will never make enough money to not feel like a failure.

    tying money to how you define success is a generally poor idea

    I am happier now making considerably less than I was a year ago because it turns out a healthy environment is a lot more important than cash on the barrelhead

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • WinkyWinky Do you love me? It's funny if you think about the universeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    Are you seriously just sitting at your computer, shaving your genitals in between posts?

    Winky on
  • descdesc harte Zeiten erfordern harten Techno Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    guys should I go to bed or should I [chat] for one more drink?

    I bet you are brighter-eyed and bushier-tailed in the morning if you skip the drink.

    In other news I am old, boring.

    desc on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    I think I made like 10-12 k last year.

    :P yay student life

    10 - 12 K?

    What kind of student life nets you that amount of scratch?

    One with a job?

    Working part time year long (thought I usually get shit hours and go away a lot in the summer so this year might be good) gets me around 10k I think.

    Also I did a work study thing which was basically chilling in a professor's lab doing grunt work and fucking around half the time which paid somewhere from 1-2k :P

    Alright, so you had a non-student part time job thing. Alright.

    I was thinking that you were getting student assistanceships and somehow getting 10 - 12K out of them.
    My friend's wife was going to NC State to get her masters in Genetics. In addition to them paying her tuition they were also giving her an $18k a year stipend.

    Then she got pregnant 3 months into the first semester and dropped out.

    Ugggh, this is exactly the kind of thing I would like to do.

    Did things work out for her?
    She got pregnant on purpose. Decided she wanted kids now and would just "go back to it" once they were old enough. 4 years and a second kid later, guess who's not going back to it.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    much

    much much much

    also the itching goes away

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    main character and a guy she met at the grocery store: first names only when they introduce themselves at their second meeting is appropriate, right? informal setting?

    edit: this is Cara and Paul, same book I've been discussing in [chat] off and on for the past few months

    Face-to-face it would make sense to use first names conversationally if it's not a professional setting.

    Leaving a voicemail or email or something, one would still use the full name as you don't want to assume the other person only knows one person with your first name.

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    Are you seriously just sitting at your computer, shaving your genitals in between posts?

    I bet you she is shaving while she posts.

    It eases the pain.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Why are people getting jealous over podly's friend having a hot girlfriend.

    Unless pictures were posted, did I miss the pictures?

    it's not that she's hot.

    it's that she does gender-transgressive and bdsm-inspired photography

    if i think about "SHIT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE" that's a pretty big chunk of it

    this is my version of envy for all you guys oohing and aahing over mr. vp

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    so last night general procrastination kept me from doing essays

    tonight it is envy over podly's friend's girlfriend

    fffffffffffffffffffff

    Hahaha what. What are you doing.

    I have never been this jealous before, it is really quite disarming.

    It seems like a weird thing to get hung up on a while after you learned about it.

    huh? he posted it like 10 minutes ago and I AM STILL SEEING PURPLE ENVY

    (it's like rage but with less destructive murder and more I want to curl up inside their skin)

    It was awhile ago! Why don't you be intellectually sexy or something too?

    Sarksus on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    Are you seriously just sitting at your computer, shaving your genitals in between posts?

    your sig/av makes this.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Imma stop posting in the mechanics of relationships thread and go home to actually attend to the mechanics of my relationship. Gnight [chat].

    Galahad on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    not really

    or maybe, kinda

    how are you shaving anyway?

    against the hairs?

    don't do that

    also use plenty of water

    Carrot: don't know about where you live but first names are what everyone is introduced by, from the gutter drunk to the prime minister to the king

    Abdhyius on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    Are you seriously just sitting at your computer, shaving your genitals in between posts?

    No I finished up a while ago and now I'm sitting here in dismay.

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    Are you seriously just sitting at your computer, shaving your genitals in between posts?

    Well how do you shave your junk?

    I sure as hell don't gaze into space and hum

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will never make more money than my dad

    ever

    Lets become bounty hunters.

    You distract the guy by hitting on him and making his question is sexuality while I sneak up behind him with a plastic bag which I will pull over his head.
    That's a little more contract killer than it is bounty hunter.

    You only hold the bag on long enough for them to pass out.

    However I can see me and eddy making a wonderful Mr and Mr Smith
    I see you as more a Bludofsky and Matheson from Pineapple Express honestly.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    I think I made like 10-12 k last year.

    :P yay student life

    10 - 12 K?

    What kind of student life nets you that amount of scratch?

    One with a job?

    Working part time year long (thought I usually get shit hours and go away a lot in the summer so this year might be good) gets me around 10k I think.

    Also I did a work study thing which was basically chilling in a professor's lab doing grunt work and fucking around half the time which paid somewhere from 1-2k :P

    Alright, so you had a non-student part time job thing. Alright.

    I was thinking that you were getting student assistanceships and somehow getting 10 - 12K out of them.
    My friend's wife was going to NC State to get her masters in Genetics. In addition to them paying her tuition they were also giving her an $18k a year stipend.

    Then she got pregnant 3 months into the first semester and dropped out.

    Ugggh, this is exactly the kind of thing I would like to do.

    Did things work out for her?
    She got pregnant on purpose. Decided she wanted kids now and would just "go back to it" once they were old enough. 4 years and a second kid later, guess who's not going back to it.

    Oh well, as long as she's making it work and she likes how it turned out I guess.

    Sarksus on
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I will never make more money than my dad

    ever

    does he work for the Federal Mint

    no he develops clinical trials for biotechs

    same thing

    My dad owns a construction company, and quite a large one at that. me and both my brothers said hell no to working there and taking over, because I have seen how fricking stressful that job is, and I don't want to be a quantity surveyor or architect and then go on to running a building contractors.

    Johannen on
  • EllieEllie Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Single now?
    Yep.

    Game over.

    Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

    Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Once more into the breach Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Single now?
    Yep.

    Game over.

    Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

    Lose your job and you earn a gold card.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will never make more money than my dad

    ever

    Lets become bounty hunters.

    You distract the guy by hitting on him and making his question is sexuality while I sneak up behind him with a plastic bag which I will pull over his head.
    That's a little more contract killer than it is bounty hunter.

    You only hold the bag on long enough for them to pass out.

    However I can see me and eddy making a wonderful Mr and Mr Smith
    I see you as more a Bludofsky and Matheson from Pineapple Express honestly.

    Am I... the black guy then?

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    so last night general procrastination kept me from doing essays

    tonight it is envy over podly's friend's girlfriend

    fffffffffffffffffffff

    Hahaha what. What are you doing.

    I have never been this jealous before, it is really quite disarming.

    It seems like a weird thing to get hung up on a while after you learned about it.

    huh? he posted it like 10 minutes ago and I AM STILL SEEING PURPLE ENVY

    (it's like rage but with less destructive murder and more I want to curl up inside their skin)

    It was awhile ago! Why don't you be intellectually sexy or something too?

    I...can't. I'm working on it but it'd be years.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    not really

    or maybe, kinda

    how are you shaving anyway?

    against the hairs?

    don't do that

    also use plenty of water

    Carrot: don't know about where you live but first names are what everyone is introduced by, from the gutter drunk to the prime minister to the king

    I shave in the bath, I shave with the hairs and then against the hairs as per Choco's advice.

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Why are people getting jealous over podly's friend having a hot girlfriend.

    Unless pictures were posted, did I miss the pictures?

    it's not that she's hot.

    it's that she does gender-transgressive and bdsm-inspired photography

    if i think about "SHIT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE" that's a pretty big chunk of it

    this is my version of envy for all you guys oohing and aahing over mr. vp

    so what's stopping you?

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Please tell me shaving gets easier on your skin the more you do it

    Are you seriously just sitting at your computer, shaving your genitals in between posts?

    No I finished up a while ago and now I'm sitting here in dismay.

    In the shower, shitload of shaving FOAM, good assed wet-shave razor, and use a tonne of moisturiser afterward.

    Johannen on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Let's see

    So far we have had genital shaving and a breakup occur in this [chat]

    Nocturne on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty happy with my skill set

    music
    mixology
    electronics
    squash
    classical languages

    nice mix there, I think

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    Imma stop posting in the mechanics of relationships thread and go home to actually attend to the mechanics of my relationship. Gnight [chat].

    Oh my god I just now got your name/title/location

    That is genius

    Nocturne on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Single now?
    Yep.

    Game over.

    Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

    This is when you find out what comic con he is going to and dress up so he wouldn't recognize you so you can randomly hook up with him.

    All the while you will have the rape axe waiting for him.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Let's see

    So far we have had genital shaving and a breakup occur in this [chat]

    business as usual

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem I've got waffles and I've got beerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will never make more money than my dad

    ever

    Lets become bounty hunters.

    You distract the guy by hitting on him and making his question is sexuality while I sneak up behind him with a plastic bag which I will pull over his head.
    That's a little more contract killer than it is bounty hunter.

    You only hold the bag on long enough for them to pass out.

    However I can see me and eddy making a wonderful Mr and Mr Smith
    I see you as more a Bludofsky and Matheson from Pineapple Express honestly.

    Am I... the black guy then?
    Hm, a hitman who does it in blackface.

    matt has a problem on
    m9KVEYF.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wish I were intellectually sexy

    or either of those two things separately

    Elendil on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I wish I were intellectually sexy

    or either of those two things separately

    oh but you are my sweet

    you are

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Single now?
    Yep.

    Game over.

    Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

    This is when you find out what comic con he is going to and dress up so he wouldn't recognize you so you can randomly hook up with him.

    All the while you will have the rape axe waiting for him.
    Rape PAX

    Elendil on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Let's see

    So far we have had genital shaving and a breakup occur in this [chat]

    Mix the two and we get $$$$$$?

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I wish I were intellectually sexy

    or either of those two things separately

    Gotta practice that positive thinking!

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Let's see

    So far we have had genital shaving and a breakup occur in this [chat]

    was this a breakup related to genital shaving?

    Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
This discussion has been closed.