As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have to share this round, I'm so damn proud of it

I must have pissed a lot of people off, since I was going around on a dinky ATV and roleplaying the lone ranger in chat.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Has the PA server been conspicuously empty in the past few days or is it just me?

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd play more, but I have this problem of EA's stat server booting me when I connect to a game server, which logs me out of the game server too. Takes about 10 restarts of the whole game to get into one server.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2010
    It has. It isn't just you.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • JDcapoJDcapo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Definitely new maps. Though I'd like to see what else theyd have in store.

JDcapo on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've always wanted a map which is in a large structure with destructible walls and floors. So the game starts out with cramped hallway combat, but then rapidly devolves into wide-open fights as more and more of the walls and floors get blasted away. One of my favorite things for BC2 is seeing maps with a lot of structures and cover at the start of the fight and then they just end up a blasted wasteland by the end.

Doing things like killing people by blowing out the floor while beneath them would be endless fun. And to make thing really messy, it could have a center section where mortar strikes can come through.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Battlefield 3042. Fight in a massive space colony with full destructibility. Mortar Strikes/Battleship Broadsides are only available in the last stage of the map as the outer layer of the colony starts to rip and fighting moves to taking place both inside and outside (with magnetic boots or some shit).

Space Midway would be amazing.

Suriko on
    edited November 2010
    I remember I played BF1942 when I was really bad at shooters. I would always play Omaha Beach.

I was so bad that I would get in a firefight, lose, then come back and kill the guy because he had less health now.

finnith on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've always wanted a map which is in a large structure with destructible walls and floors. So the game starts out with cramped hallway combat, but then rapidly devolves into wide-open fights as more and more of the walls and floors get blasted away. One of my favorite things for BC2 is seeing maps with a lot of structures and cover at the start of the fight and then they just end up a blasted wasteland by the end.

Doing things like killing people by blowing out the floor while beneath them would be endless fun. And to make thing really messy, it could have a center section where mortar strikes can come through.

Red Faction 1 had a map just like this called Office Block or something. It was a 2 story office block with sets of rooms, with corridors between them. Missiles and C4 could blow holes in the walls, and the Railgun let you see and shoot through them. After about 10 minutes, there were holes in nearly all the walls and floor, so you'd be fighting vertically as well as horizontally, with not many places to hide. Was good fun.

-Loki- on
  • ACSISACSIS Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    Battlefield 3042. Fight in a massive space colony with full destructibility. Mortar Strikes/Battleship Broadsides are only available in the last stage of the map as the outer layer of the colony starts to rip and fighting moves to taking place both inside and outside (with magnetic boots or some shit).

Space Midway would be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKBCcA9LJzk

ACSIS on
    edited November 2010
    They should make the lighthouse in Valparaiso destructible. I want to crush those goddamn snipers inside.

finnith on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, just 'accidentally' do it in a patch and fill it with explosive barrels if someone sits in it without moving for 10 seconds or more.

L|ama on
    edited November 2010
    "Working as intended"

The worst games are when the entire attacking team sits there with only one or two people actually getting out of the lighthouse and trying to attack the objectives.

finnith on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    They should make the lighthouse in Valparaiso destructible. I want to crush those goddamn snipers inside.

That would be awesome. It needs to be fully destructible, though. Allow people to take chunks out of it with C4 and rockets without bringing the whole thing down, though.

That_Guy on
  • DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Since a bunch of you guys are getting the 'Nam DLC, I might pick it up, too.

Also, a bunch of new maps and guns also sounds nice.

Daemonion on
    edited November 2010
    Great news. I installed a new plugin that will allow me to control the map types better. We are now running all 4 map types. If fewer than 8 people are on the server, the map type will be alternating between Squad Death Match and Squad Rush. Once 8 people are on the server it will switch to Conquest/Rush. Let me know what you all think.

How about we try it out right the fuck now?

That_Guy on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll login in a few minutes!

Satsumomo on
    edited November 2010
    PA server has been showing up greyed out for me, changing filters hasn't fixed this.

Go go awesome server browser.

Satsumomo on
    edited November 2010
    The last filters you applied in the main browser apply to the servers tab outside of it as well, for some reason. You sure you had all filters off in the main server browser?

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    edited November 2010
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy.. shit.. I think MY dev process is better than the insanity at DICE...

And I think the whole point of that post was to explain why there aren't, can't be, and never will be mod tools for BC2

hailthefish on
    edited November 2010
    Truth be told, this is approximately where the industry average is at for game studios' internal game engines.

Really?

Hopefully BF3 will prove to be a much better game.

finnith on
    edited November 2010
    edited November 2010
    But I have to write an essay!

finnith on
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i'm downloading this for my laptop so i can play

fuck school internet

Doctor Deimos on
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    let's play fuckers

Doctor Deimos on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow, I had an awesome fucking round earlier on some random server. Nearly 9000 points, plus nearly 9000 points in pins and such. All that and I was still third on my team (first place had over 11,000 points or some shit). Pretty fucking awesome match, we were fighting tooth and nail the entire way through.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    today I got a gold star with vehicles from a double road kill

it was my favorite moment of today :)

later in the same game I got the drop on someone (with a sniper rifle to the back) and he turned around and carl gustaved me

it was the least favorite moment of today, after hearing about leslie nielsens death of course :(

Feels Good Man on
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One of the better matches I had last night was pubstomping on PS3 with some goons. It's amazing and horrible how bad spawn camping is when Arica Harbor is locked down.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
    edited November 2010
    What is the map that is on green hills with 3 points and you can only exit the spawns by a choke point?

my worst experiences with this game are consistently on that map

Feels Good Man on
    edited November 2010
    Laguna Alta. Horrible.

The first time I played on that map, I got banned from my favorite server for blasting the uncap from A in a Bradley for five straight minutes, killing everything that came out. Because hey, I wasn't paying attention to the chat, didn't look at the map, and I figured no sane map designer would put an uncap at the end of a fucking dead end alley.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    edited November 2010
    TheExAm wrote: »
    Laguna Alta. Horrible.

ah yes. I want to know whose idea it was to create a map where the only point you can exit your spawn is a choke in direct line of sight from one of the cap points, from where you can shell the spawn with all manner of tanks and explosives. so I can kick them in the balls

Feels Good Man on
    edited November 2010
    Games this morning were really fun. First it was just me and That_Guy doing squad rush. Which sucked hard. Then it went to team DM, and we had some full teams with decent players, and it was probably the most fun I had playing this game ever. We need to do more of that mode.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2010
    Aw I got to play somewhat, first few hours had my dumb roomate pirate-streaming that scary movie that's still in theaters so my ping would end up spiking to 900 so much of the time, then I kept on getting phone calls, and finally when my roomate left and no phone calls were coming, 20 minutes later the girlfriend calls and drags me out of the house.

:)/:(

Satsumomo on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Games this morning were really fun. First it was just me and That_Guy doing squad rush. Which sucked hard. Then it went to team DM, and we had some full teams with decent players, and it was probably the most fun I had playing this game ever. We need to do more of that mode.

Hey man, I was there too! Topped the fucking leaderboard for most of the rounds too!

Pah, that's the thanks I get....

Jimmy Marku on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I've had people actually say they don't spot because they will get their kill stolen.

Those are the people you should shoot in the face with a tracer dart. I'm not typically one to grief teammates but hell, they should go play BlackOps.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    edited November 2010
    Ok. After last night I have tweaked the map list slightly. I removed squad rush as I can not have 2 sets of player count triggers. At this time if there are 12 or fewer people playing, it is just Squad Death Match. 13 and up, conquest/rush. The tank is disabled in SDM.

I have lowered the ticket bleed rate in conquest to 85% and lowered the ticket count to 65%. I was noticing that conquest matches tended to get rather one sided so this is an attempt to fix that. I wanted to put more of a focus on killing mans than camping points.

That_Guy on
    edited November 2010
    I dunno, last night the Conquest matches felt really one sided but then near the end the other team would pick up and then it became really close.

Satsumomo on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Ok. After last night I have tweaked the map list slightly. I removed squad rush as I can not have 2 sets of player count triggers. At this time if there are 12 or fewer people playing, it is just Squad Death Match. 13 and up, conquest/rush. The tank is disabled in SDM.

I have lowered the ticket bleed rate in conquest to 85% and lowered the ticket count to 65%. I was noticing that conquest matches tended to get rather one sided so this is an attempt to fix that. I wanted to put more of a focus on killing mans than camping points.

Sounds good. I look forward to trying it out if anyone wants to play early'ish. I guess around 2-4pm Western US time (10-12pm in the UK).

I enjoyed your response to the muppet who was complaining about the server on Panama Canal conquest yesterday.

Jimmy Marku on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In celebration of my recently unbanned status, I will join you people for a morning of killing mans tomorrow.

Warcry on