As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PTA] Decapitation and Dismemberment versions, available now

• Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I edited my post to remove the Poison Sting order.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Don't take away my dreams, Terrendos. :( Don't take away my dreeeeeams.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Edited for double command

bratr on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Busy weekend for us retail types, probably get around to updating in a couple hours when I get back from work.

Thanks as always for bearing with me.

Edit: Okay, lets go.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hoo boy, this update.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Don't hold back, Marsh! Will Cave Canem smite the kitty cat? Will the Rocket Leader be slain?

Will The Steez ever see his soulmate Rawanda again?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [Alpha]

Before they leave the hospital, Ebert confides with Dayton that he was, in fact, planning on heading to Mount Moon on assignment. Not as far as Cerulean, to be sure, but a decent distance into the mountains. Al, Dayton, and Alex head back to their room through the night streets, to be greeted by an only slightly worried Parson, fresh sheets, and soft beds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sprayed potion binds together the worst of the gashes on Belmont's back, and the eager pokemon runs back into the fight to aid his fellow party member, and perhaps more importantly, give that Raticate a bit of payback.

Belmont healed 10+2 damage! (22/54)

[11] "Don't let that bug get away, Raticate, Pursuit!" the non-fleeing Rocket shouts, and his Raticate is more then happy to obey, leaping at the retreating Kakuna and seizing it in its jaws with a crack of exoskeleton.

Spike takes 43 damage! (-28/26)

[11] Belmont's tendrils arrive, but too late to save his stricken ally. Thick vegetation slamming into the Raticate and tearing it away from its cruelly savaged victim.

Raticate takes 12 damage! [||--]

Spike's carapace is beyond ruined, hemorrhaging fluids through pierced and shattered armor plates, his tortured body, still, and dark eyes, lifeless.

Archer sees this, hate boiling deep in his conflicted breast. Only days ago he too had lashed out against his now-allied Spade, borne of frustration at his capture, his separation from kind and kin. His heart screams to lash out at the victorious Raticate and tear it limb from bloody limb for killing a member of his newfound murder, but at his trainer's urging he spots the fleeing, black-clad men. His master is right, they are the true culprits. He'll "stop" them. A black silhouette of vengeance and rage, he dives after the running Rocket, keen instincts guiding him to attack the most vulnerable part of the escaping man.

The Rockets are familiar with the move Pursuit. Heck, most of their own Pokemon know it, given its use in weakening or eliminating those who'd seek to escape their clutches. It also gave an excellent thrashing to any psychic types that tried to capitalize on their use of poison types, and would easily faint a weakened Pokemon a trainer was attempting to save.

They were also quite familiar with its use on humans, they are Rockets after all. Without a type advantage, Pursuit would at best give a human escapee a good thrashing, and only a very experienced and powerful pokemon would have a chance of knocking out a healthy, unharmed human with it.

[20, Crit] They'd never seen it remove someone's head before.

Rocket 1 took 84 damage! [xxxx]
    Rocket 1 is Dead.

The formerly radio-bearing Rocket looks in horror at the formerly head-bearing Rocket's collapsing form and shrieks, stumbling backwards, the psychics words reverberating terribly in his head.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    looking at pursuit's damage, it could probably kill him

Shawn gets mad when he has to exert his powers

D:

I was only kidding!

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Archer doesn't fuck around.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [Beta]

[15] The great cat moves leaps before Cave can make an attack of his own, retractable claws sliding out to slash at the canine's face. Cringing under the expected pain, Cave is instead treated to a sound like a dozen metal garbage cans chained together and tossed down a hill. Opening his eyes, he finds Gravitas has joined the battle. Playing a capable defense to complement his own offense, and blocking the Persian's scything attack with the screech of claws on steel.

Gravitas takes 0 damage! (36/36)
    It's Not Very Effective!

[13] Diving from the shelter of the Aron's protection, Cave leaps after the repelled Feline, jaws snapping. The Persian retreats further, sacrificing a patch of fur and pride to the Growlithe's spirited bite.

Persian takes 14 damage! [|||-]

Circling, the Persian regains its composure, hissing haughtily at the pair through bared fangs.

[15] The Rattata moves blindingly fast, zipping across the ground like it was shot full of X-Speed. Not nearly fast enough to avoid Maximum's Gust, however, the strong wind tumbling the small Pokemon across the ground like a tumbleweed. It unsteadily gets to it's feet, it's owner shouting encouragement, "wait for it, Rattata, hold steady!"

Rattata took 20 damage! [||--]

Beneath the miniscule rat, the ground rumbles, Wrecker clawing his way through the dirt underground as naturally as a fish in water.

[19] Ralph dives again at the Leader, who was only just getting to his feet, and throws him back to the ground. Grabbing the Rocket's (now deviceless) hand. The Ranger pulls back an arm an punches at his prone enemy's face.

Rocket Leader takes 0 damage! [||||]

[19] The Rocket seems to be no stranger to brawling, and easily wards the blow with his free arm. He grunts and pushes Ralph off him, driving an elbow into the youth's stomach to weaken his grip, before rolling away and to his feet. He spares a moment to scan the ground around him, probably looking for where ever his device has fallen or been thrown in the confusion. "Damn!"

Ralph takes 8 damage! (27/35)

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [Alpha]

Spike holds on... (1/??)

The Rocket's solitary shriek is drowned out by an intense buzzing, such as might be made by a once-in-a-lifetime swarm, the kind that ends a harvest like a guillotine ends a life. Spike's lifeless shell rumbles and cracks as a massive, spinning shard drives its way out the dripping, bleeding corpse. Around the kakuna, small motes buzz and flare in the darkness, like small, glowing insects come to investigate a long-dead body. This is no body though, and those aren't insects.

With a shuddering crack, the chitinous plates fall away piece by ruptured piece, revealing Spike's new form. Its new body had fared only slightly better then its torn and broken protection, the soft, bright yellow chitin hardening in the cool forest air already bearing the scars of a battle lost, and its fledgling wings sundered, punctured, and snapped into uselessness from the damage wrought by the Raticate's prenatal attack. They blur into motion, bringing not flight but a deep, angry tone to accompany that of the motes now flitting into renewed, heated flight around it.

Twin drill-like claws alternate spins with heavy, industrial growls, their owner testing their weight and heft and finding it satisfactory. The Beedrill turns a pair of baleful, red eyes to his trainer for instructions.

[Spike Evolved into Beedrill! Congratulations!]
    [Spike has activated its Swarm Ability!]
    [Spike learned Payback!]
    [This Beedrill has no Sky capability...]

And time for bed, got work in a bit more then 4 hours so some sleep would be a fine idea.

Bloody amazing rolls these last few rounds.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] {Cave Canem}

Cave spat out the fur he had got in his mouth, but was delighted to see a bleeding wound on the enemy's side where his teeth had done their work. He was happy to see the newcomer Pokemon taking part in the battle, too, and decided that this plan was working out pretty well. If Gravitas could keep blocking the Persian, he could get around behind the cat and wound it more severely.

Cave barked orders to Gravitas to keep up the good work, then it continued its assault on the ferocious feline. He'd take the Persian down, and then he'd have the one who hurt his master all to himself.

A heads up to the conscious players, it should look pretty evident that Cave is going to try and kill the Rocket guy, so if you are wanting to question him you're going to need to either knock Cave out or get him back into his Pokeball once the fight is over.

I like how Ralph's punching dealt 0 damage.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [Beta] [Ralph Colton] {Cave Canem}

Ralph groaned as the rocket's elbow struck him in the stomach. He seemed to be taking an awful lot of punishment since leaving home. It was a cruel cruel world. Ralph pushed himself to his feet, wincing as old and new injuries shot jabs of pain through his body. His punch had had no affect on the rocket, he was going to need to try something else. Something jabbed his behind. What was that? Reaching into his back pocket Ralph withdrew his slingshot, he had forgotten about it. He quickly grabbed a stone from the ground and slung it at the Rocket.

"Hey jerk, take this!!"

Seeing Maximum circling above the rattata, toying with it, he yelled at Maximum,

"Hurry up knock the rattata and help me with the men we need to take them out."

Maximum Ride will hit the Rattata with another gust, and Ralph is shooting at the Rocket leader with a slingshot, woot a whole 4-5 damage.

Spike's evolution was awesome.

bratr on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm still trying to work out how Shawn is going to react to this latest development

considering how bad his mental state was already, it probably won't be good

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Take your time.
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I like how Ralph's punching dealt 0 damage.

Against an armored opponent familiar with defending themselves in a fight? Yeah, that'll happen.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So we can in fact wear armor? How's that work? Just spend money and get ourselves a Def/SpDef score to reduce incoming damage?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There's a couple Features for reducing damage to oneself, mostly the I Can Take A Hit ones and the Ranger SOM's armor padding.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [Alpha] [Doug] - [Spike] - [Belmont]

A look of shock crosses Doug's face, then anger.

"I'm going to motherfucking kill you!"

But then, Doug notices something out of the corner of his eye.

spiked.png

"Spike, I think it's time we give these guys some payback. I'll pin the rodent and you fuck him up. Will go after the wimp afterwards."

Doug rushes forward and slams himself into the Raticate and hefts it up to give Spike a good jab with his drill-arms.

Busted as his wings are, Spike uses them to preform an epic leap towards the Raticate.

Using Improved Attack to add my half my Strength to Beedrill's Payback and fucking Raticate's shit up with one of my own attacks.

That Rocket is lucky that he didn't kill Spike, because Doug would have done his best to killed him. Doug hasn't realized the other Rocket has been decapitated though, he's been to focused on Spike.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010

[Alpha]
    [Shawn]

-{Spade}-{Archer}

The young psychic's eyes flash brightly at the sight of the dead Rocket, then return to their original hue.
    Once more, a disembodied voice rings out through the darkness, but this time it's different. Instead of an angry yell, it's a small, scared whisper.

T-this...this wasn't supposed to happen!

Shawn sinks to his knees and screams, loud and long.

Hearing his master, Spade rushes from the fray to his side.

Shawn's a bit too freaked out to take an action this round.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Shaun's gonna be all 'D:' for a while now, and then Archer'll come back and Shaun will be even more D: and then Archer will be all like...

128_2fd44ce84d1e258e7658ca2428f09ba1.gif

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    kay

that is perfect

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    bugboy

deal with it

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Spike has his new stats all done up.

He...he's a monster. If that Raticate doesn't take Spike down this round, then it's shit is going to be seriously fucked up by Payback. Look at Payback. Look at it.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    yes lynx he is a monster

but

bugboy is a murrrrdurrrrerrrrrr

BEAT THAT

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    nooooooooo

Shawn didn't mean to kill him!
    This is a good lead in for where I was planning to go with the character, though

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Where's that? Pokemon assassin?

Or just insane Pokemon Maniac?

bratr on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    nah, nothing like that

Shawn isn't much of a killer

he's a pretty peaceful guy, when he's not angry

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Quiet guy who ends up going crazy in the end?

PokeJesus?

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    you are all so silly

BugBoy on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    More like PokeHulk

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    [Alpha] url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Dayton-Clark]Dayton[/url - url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Gondorff]Gondorff[/url

Dates wakes much as he did the first day in Pewter: late, groggy and a bit grumpy. Gondorff, not requiring sleep, amused himself all night by mixing up all of the labels on the rocks in Dates' pack.

He crawls over to his bag, shooing away the pesky ghost to check on the egg.

sorry I've been scarce, classes started and its becoming more and more difficult to find free time

Squall on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    what have the rest of you alpha folks been doing, anyway

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    sleeping, mostly

Squall on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    sounds thrilling

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I mostly dream about waking up to my alarm at 5am and getting ready for work

and then I wake up

and then I do that a few more times

Squall on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    dreams are fun

the other day I took allergy medication and then dreamed my little brother was becoming a horse tattoo artist

also I won a crane game

that's how I knew I was dreaming

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [Alpha] url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Aleksandr-Ruskidoichev]Aleksandr[/url - [Volnoy]

While Dayton is waking up, Aleksandr is out on a morning run. A morning run that he's almost finished.

All three of his Pokémon are out and about Pewter with him, and Date's wakeup ritual is interrupted by the sound of the young boy arriving back at his boarding house, quickly followed by the sound of the shower turning on full blast.

...And some shockingly deep-voiced inspirational lyrics in Al's native tongue.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    bleh, school.

Anyway, if anyone wanted to give some vent chat/irc playtime another go I'll be around all day today, and have some flexible free time over the weekend if we can figure a time when people'll be available. Might be good to get things a little boost, or at least get these two battles wrapped up since they've been going on for a while now (due to me not updating as much as I should, naturally).

[Alpha]

[2] Doug charges the Raticate, but his flailing fists fail to connect with the agile rodent. [7] Spike's wings blur into life, and he leaps nimbly through the air, droning like a buzzsaw. A whirring spike snaps forward to impale the dodging Raticate.

Raticate takes 51 damage!
    Raticate Fainted!

Which collapses to the ground, twitching. "Damn," says its Trainer.

The other remaining Rocket continues to freak out, much like Shawn.

[Beta]

[2] Ralph draws his slingshot, and sends a rock hurtling at his opponent. The shot goes wide, but still causes the Leader to duck on instinct. Getting back up, the Leader makes his way to his Rattata-training underling's side, pulling another pokeball from his belt and holding it ready.

[16] The Persian screeches, the grating noise interrupting Cave and Gravitas' focus.

Cave Canem's Defense fell 2 stages! (-2)
    Gravitas' Defense fell 2 stages! (-2)

[5] Pirouetting midair, Maximum effortlessly sends another blast of air at the Rattata, sending it spinning. It surely can't take much more punishment.

Rattata takes 16 damage! [|---]

[2] Irritated by the louds yowls of his foe, Cave jumps forward to bite at the Classy Cat Pokemon another time. His expertise fails him this time, however, as the cat leaps away agilely, to continue its careful watch on the pair opposing it.

[16] Underneath the Rattata, the grumbling grows, nearly throwing the exhausted Pokemon from its feet. A great crack forms in the ground, expelling Wrecker! at high speed to heave a claw into the rodent's side.

"Alright, Rattata! Let's go!" the Rocket Grunt shouts.

The Rattata moves with nigh-impossible quickness, rolling with the sandshrew's blow that would have almost certainly knocked it out in a bad way.

Rattata took 36 damage!
    ...But Rattata Endured the hit! [|---]

"Now, hit that Ranger with Endeavor!"

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sure, I'll be around tonight Marsh.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2010