As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NY/NJ] forumer hangouts and temporary Bogart marriage thread

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I will wear my best neckbeard for the occasion

nexuscrawler on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Photography is a hobby of mine, and I'd happily take pictures of your wedding! I'd also be able to edit them in photoshop as well (Brightening the photos, getting rid of blemishes, black and whites, etc, if you'd like). My mother is a professional photographer, so she taught me the ropes, in addition to taking classes (I go to art school).

So yeah, I'd be happy to help you out!

AlyceInWonderland on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Strangely enough, I'm getting married on October 9th and will land in Dublin on the 11th. If I was doing the England half of my honeymoon first it'd be a straight up swap and you wouldn't be allowed back in the EU until the 24th

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Where is this thing on October 11? I'm two blocks from city hall and this is shaping up to be a 'thing' :)

Mazel Tov

Deebaser on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey deebaser, if you have cutethulu by then, cutethulu can witness the ceremony and we can do a handoff... that would be awesome!

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was thinking that as well. Christ, I hope the door staff at my old building put him back in the mail.

Deebaser on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    This thing will be taking place hopefully at the Manhattan Marriage Bureau.

Alyce, that sounds great.

Nexus, I will hire snipers to keep the great unwashed away from my special day, so if you come with a neckbeard you should also make sure you're wearing kevlar.

Bogart on
    edited September 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

Alyce, that sounds great.

Nexus, I will hire snipers to keep the great unwashed away from my special day, so if you come with a neckbeard you should also make sure you're wearing kevlar.

So, you said this will either take place on a Wednesday or a Thursday? I have off Thursdays, but Wednesday I have class from 12-3, HOWEVER....I'd totally skip that class....(SHHHH)

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited September 2010

Stop making up places. Damn furriners with your.... Oh... apparently it actually is called the Manhattan Marriage Bureau. Looks like it's at 141 Worth, which is damn close by. :)

Deebaser on
    edited September 2010
    Alyce, I'll keep your free hours in mind and try to work around them so you don't have to skip the class.

Bogart on
    edited September 2010
    Man, don't try and work YOUR WEDDING around my time! Do it when you want, and I'll be there :P

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited September 2010
    Well, if we have the choice of slots and only one of them is when you can make it, we'll take that one. We have several potential witnesses, but only one person who knows which end of a camera to point at us.

Our wedding plans consist of 'turn up, ask for a slot', so it's not like there's much to rearrange.

Bogart on
    edited September 2010
    Will you be getting wed in your stormtrooper outfits?

nexuscrawler on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I believe Bogart has bought a snazzy suit in a vague attempt to try and look better than japan in his kilt for the wedding photo contest.

Sorry Bogart, but you can't win :P

BobCesca on
    edited September 2010
    Bob I look hawt beyond belief in my Paul Smith suit and ridiculously expensive Duchamp shirt and tie. For reals.

Bogart on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm in New York for the month, by the way.

Fencingsax on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2010
    Who wants to see the social network in manhattan this Sunday?

Cause I totally will be seeing it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is anyone in NY a fan of miike snow? They're playing live and I'm not sure anyone here likes them

syndalis I would totally see it with you but I'm moving this weekend

Casual Eddy on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm gonna be at nyc comic con this weekend. definitely all day sat and sun and at least some of the day friday.

I am pretty sure I've heard other people are gonna be there, figured this was the best place to check.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm gonna be at nyc comic con this weekend. definitely all day sat and sun and at least some of the day friday.

I am pretty sure I've heard other people are gonna be there, figured this was the best place to check.

Dude dude

get something signed by Stan Lee

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited October 2010
    Wait I'm missing the NYC Comic Con by a single day? Dammit.

Bogart on
    edited October 2010
    Wait I'm missing the NYC Comic Con by a single day? Dammit.

If it makes you feel better, I LIVE in NY and I'm missing it

Spawn and I were going to go. We had PLANS to go, but oh HELLO BANK ACCOUNT, WITH NO MONEY IN IT!

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited October 2010
    naked party at my house?

nexuscrawler on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Only thing I have that involves stand Lee is mutants monsters and marvels. Its a dvd and I don't even know really of what.

But if he's gonna be there ill have to.

Oh bogart... two things. If I don't have a suit will I be welcome at whatever fun occurs after the wedding? Also is whatever day that ends up being you're only day for pa folks? Sorry if you explained this ill check the thread thoroughly when I get back to my computer

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited October 2010
    Vari, you'll be very welcome. I just wanted to make sure that during the ceremony itself the wedding party wasn't two people doled up to the nines and one guy in shorts and a Sonic t-shirt. I think Syndalis has the suit thing covered.

As for the rest of the week, I dunno. Me and the missus have got some plans for museums and so forth, but we can talk about other things on the day. I know she wants to visit Coney Island.

She just texted me that she's boarding her flight to NYC (and thence to Buffalo for a friend's wedding). Take care of my lady, America.

Bogart on
    edited October 2010
    She's going to Buffalo so she will likely be well preserved

packed under about 15 feet of snow and misery

nexuscrawler on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    She's going to Buffalo so she will likely be well preserved

packed under about 15 feet of snow and misery

I hear the misery is especially piquant this time of year.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    The addition of the Bills' failings just make it that much more delicate.

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2010
    OK, I leave on Monday, and will be applying for a license on Tuesday morning. One day later we'll pick up the license and get a slot at the registry office for hopefully the Wednesday or the Thursday. Alyce, Spawn, Vari, Syndalis, Deebaser, maybe Nexus but I can't tell if he was kidding or not and maybe Eddy have all indicated they can come, so I'll PM you guys my mobile number soon. If you guys have significant others who can make it then they'd be welcome too, of course.

How often do you guys check the forums? Would it be better to post details of the ceremony here or rely on mobiles to sort things out?

Bogart on
    edited October 2010
    I check the forums multiple times a day, so posting info on here would work just fine for me.

Also, if it's on a Wednesday Spawn MAY be able to come, if it's on a Thursday, he won't (both due to school), so don't count on him being there. But I'll be there if it's on either day.

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited October 2010
    I'm subscribed to this thread, so I get notice of new posts via email anyway. :)

Deebaser on
    edited October 2010
    I will be leaving for North Carolina Thursday evening, so any daytime hours on that day, or any hour on any earlier day is cool.

Friday and onward are right out though.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited October 2010
    Okay, just an update on my schedule. Apparently I have a shitload of projects due on Wednesday, and absolutely can't miss class that day. My teacher just emailed the entire class like 5 minutes ago with a *surprise project*.

Thursday is a go, though, as it's my day off, so hopefully everything works out well.

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited October 2010
    my schedule will likely be open this week. keep me posted!

Casual Eddy on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    maybe i could

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my schedule will likely be open this week. keep me posted!

Same here

No-Quarter on
    edited October 2010
    OK, I'm in the Big Apple and have applied for a marriage license. We'll be heading back there on Thursday afternoon at 12:30, looking to have the ceremony at 1pm or as close as we can get to it. Alyce, Synd, Eddy, etc: please be at the Manhattan Marriage Bureau in your Sunday best at 12:30. Also, bring some ID, as one of you will be our witness. Alyce, please bring your camera. Vari: the hookers and booze are your responsibility.

I'm in the Public Library right now (using what apperars to be a prehistoric version of IE). I'll check in again tomorrow. Heading out to see the Addams Family tonight. If anyone fancies a drink somewhere tomorrow evening we'd be well up for that as well.

Bogart on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i cant wedding cuz, you know, job

but i can drink a few or two

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited October 2010
    I apparently have an interview well it's at 4:00 now that day so forgive me if I show up looking like I'm going to an interview

I can probably rejoin yall afterwards!

Casual Eddy on
    edited October 2010
    OK, so tomorrow is the day. Alyce, Synd, etc: 12:30pm at the Manhattan Marriage Bureau (141 Worth Street). Text or call me if you can't find it, but it should be pretty easy. We're counting on at least one of you to turn up to be our witness. I'll check again in the morning, so if you'd like to ease my worries by confirming in this thread that you're definitely coming that would be great.

Bogart on