As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NY/NJ] forumer hangouts and temporary Bogart marriage thread

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    OK, so tomorrow is the day. Alyce, Synd, etc: 12:30pm at the Manhattan Marriage Bureau (141 Worth Street). Text or call me if you can't find it, but it should be pretty easy. We're counting on at least one of you to turn up to be our witness. I'll check again in the morning, so if you'd like to ease my worries by confirming in this thread that you're definitely coming that would be great.

I will do my best to look fantastic. If alyce can't make it, the iPhone 4’s camera isn't half bad... but I bet you would much rather have a professional than me.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Awesomesauce, dude. We have a digital camera we can foist on to people to take pictures if Alyce doesn't make it, but whatever is to hand will be great.

Bogart on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just bought a snazzy black dress (because I'm terrible, and didn't own a dress before this. I hope black is appropriate!), a new camera battery, and some heels (because my others hurt like a bitch), so I will BE there! :D

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    are we doing anything after?

Casual Eddy on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well fuck me, someone forgot to pick up dry cleaning (Hint: It was me), so unfortunately I will not be rocking my Sunday Best, but rather some abominable outfit of cobbled together blazer / pants.

With confidence, I'll own it.

Deebaser on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    are we doing anything after?

I'm going back to work and then going to class. :(
    I get out of class around 9 though if yall are still in the area.

Deebaser on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    are you doing anything after after

edit: as in like, i dunno, evening

though i have dinner to go to at 8
    and might get off work late

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not sure I'm gonna make it today but I want to make sure I give Bogart a huge

CONGRATULATIONS!

right here and right now. I hope I get there but either way have a fucking blast man!

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited October 2010
    I'll be there at 12:30PM in a black blazer, brown pants, and a purple tie with blue stripes. I will not be using my mobile as my international calling plan is rape.

Deebaser on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2010
    I will be in a blue Hugo Boss suit, outside at 12:30p as well.

You have my number... I have yours.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited October 2010
    I`m on my way (from upstate, yeeaaah!), and will be outside at 12:30 in a black dress, peacoat, and polkadot heels (...and a camera bag). See you guys there!

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited October 2010
    You guys rule. The missus is getting her hair fiddled with by a tall gay man in the finest traditions of airdressers all over the world, and then we are heading out. I am currently the best dressed man in this flea-ridden internet cafe.

And this is what I look like, except, imagine a suit instead of a t-shirt and a sandwhich.
    Summer2009Barcelona039.jpg

Bogart on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hope you and the missus have an awesome day.

Hugs all around!

BobCesca on
    edited October 2010
    what is your schedule looking like for the rest of your trip? (semi-important)

Deebaser on
    edited October 2010
    This is me; I am here :-)
    WfU3UwO

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited October 2010
    Welp, I`m here, guys. SItting on a bench cause I`m a half hour early. I`m to the left of the building if anyone is early as well.

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited October 2010
    leaving the office in 5

Deebaser on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am weirdly excited about this strange internet wedding (possibly just because I've met Syndalis, Bogart and the soon to be Mrs Bogart). I want photos.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited October 2010
    Back in the office. Wedding Accomplished. Congrats to the Bride and groom!

Deebaser on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Congratulations, Bogart!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited October 2010
    Had a lovely time, Mr. and Mrs. Bogart are a charming couple. We lost Bogart for a little while but then we got lunch and the manager of the restaurant gave us limoncello to celebrate!

anyways I had a lovely time and got a few photos. I tried to call you Jacob but just got a message. Sorry!

Casual Eddy on
    edited October 2010
    Woo, just got home! As Eddy said, Mr. and Mrs. Bogart are very lovely people, and I had a fantastic time with everyone today!

P.S. Eddy-Sorry for not saying bye! I dashed to my train with out thinking cause it was about to leave! It was great meeting you and Deebaser as well as the bride and groom!

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited October 2010
    Yes, it was nice to meet everyone. I wish I could have stayed a while longer but 2 hour long lunch breaks are kind of ridiculous.

Deebaser on
    edited October 2010
    Woo, just got home! As Eddy said, Mr. and Mrs. Bogart are very lovely people, and I had a fantastic time with everyone today!

P.S. Eddy-Sorry for not saying bye! I dashed to my train with out thinking cause it was about to leave! It was great meeting you and Deebaser as well as the bride and groom!

we probably dashed to the same train! it was leaving in like 2 minutes

Casual Eddy on
    edited October 2010
    http://db.tt/s7ovMJP

Not posting it online because it is HUGE... But here is the lovely couple :-)

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    They look positively British.

JustinSane07 on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bogart actually looks respectable in a suit. I am shocked.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They look positively British.

They really do, don't they. Not that it is a bad thing

Congrats to the happy couple etc

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Had a lovely time, Mr. and Mrs. Bogart are a charming couple. We lost Bogart for a little while but then we got lunch and the manager of the restaurant gave us limoncello to celebrate!

anyways I had a lovely time and got a few photos. I tried to call you Jacob but just got a message. Sorry!

Oh weird, I didn't get any calls. Sprint must have been acting up, as usual. Thanks for trying, though.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Congrats to both of you. May you have many anniversaries.

Thomamelas on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    yay congrats sorry I couldn't make it

how is our fair city treatin ya

nexuscrawler on
    edited October 2010
    It's a damn good thing the missus was earwigging on someone elses conversation while we were waiting in the office. We need to do some extra stuff today to have our marriage recognised internationally, so we'll be off to do that shortly.

Alyce, thanks so much for being our photographer, and I look forward to seeing what miracles photoshop can perform. Eddy, Synd and Deebaser: thanks for coming guys, it was lovely to see you all.

Bogart on
    edited October 2010
    Bogart! Before you leave the city, get a reuben. This is VITAL to the success of your marriage and all future happiness in general.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited October 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    the missus was earwigging on someone else

I think that's ground for an annullment.

(I will find a way to use this word in conversation by nightfall)

Deebaser on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Congrats! I'm sorry I could not attend. You look lovely together!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Bogart!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Bogart! Before you leave the city, get a reuben. This is VITAL to the success of your marriage and all future happiness in general.

fuck that shit get a real bagel and a real slice o pizza

nexuscrawler on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yaaaay grats Bogart and mrs Bogart! Looking forward to more photos. You two look dashing!

Aldo on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

ye

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited October 2010

like bagels have ever expanded human consciousness

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif