As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PTA] Team Wang! Hey, what do you know? Updates!

1202122232426»

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay cool

I'm gonna be driving all day Thursday but with any hope I can squeeze both days of downtime into tomorrow, but that's unlikely too.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    @Spoit & Cap:

Can we do part two of our Day 4 this Friday same time (8:00 PM GMT+2 time)?

Also, I vote that future downtime should be at most 2-3 In-game days. No more. No less.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah. I should be able to do that, Tiamat.

Again, this is my first time running this and also my first time running a play by post, so all I can say is that I'll have a better idea for next time.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    it's all good cap i've been ultra busy too trying to get stuff done so my LP'll be set to start on time

Rent on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    @Spoit & Cap:

Can we do part two of our Day 4 this Friday same time (8:00 PM GMT+2 time)?

Also, I vote that future downtime should be at most 2-3 In-game days. No more. No less.

Yeah, that's fine.

I would like to get taming this growlithe in sometime before downtime ends, but other than that, this infiltration is the only other thing on my list

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Will also update my character sheet regarding the arms features having been tweaked in the new version.

Laterish....

Edit: Same here Spoit. I caught a Murkrow and I still need to earn its obedience.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OK, so it's Friday here.

I'll wait for you guys @ 8:00 PM (+2 GMT) tonight on Rizon.

That OK?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yep. 2 PM CST.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    1 PM CDT, isn't it?

20:00 GMT +2-->GMT -5 = 1300?

Now that I got a poke with wired and high intelligence, the next thing on my list is a marill with huge power

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alright I am in a hotel right now, I'll be getting to my school apartment around 4 or 5 tomorrow. After that I really wanna get this hammered out. Hopefully tomorrow night but Saturday at the latest.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So me and Spoit were finally done with our co-op Day 4 heist.

Short version:

Best adventure EVAR!!!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can't wait to see that, if it's anything like the Pokemon Center heist, I'm going to lol my head off.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    busy being a worthless faggot and doing lp stuff, but I swear to god once I actually start it (tonight) I'll do my day 4

Rent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hokay

I am on Rizon and AIM

and I am not getting off either until I go to sleep or do my downtime stuff

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Day er...2 :(
    Sleuthing Problems pt 1
    The handful of contacts Sam had in the city weren’t all that helpful. At least none the ones that were cheap enough to get information without laying down some serious pokebucks. About all that he was able to ascertain is that there might be some connection between the ubiquitous Silph Co and that Silph scope thing that he was suppose to snatch. Once that connection was made, it only took a small jump, and only a couple roughed up eggheads, to reveal that the most promising campus, Future Sight Ltd, was a squat, grey concrete office building, only distinctive from the surrounding ones in that it was fenced off, with a security checkpoint well away from the entrance.

Sam settled down for a stakeout across from the entrance, watching a couple groups return from an early lunch. In contrast to the well groomed guards who were patrolling the ground with dogged determination, the gate guards gave those returning from restraints only an indeterminate inspection, a quick flash of their badge was all that appeared necessary to brick break your way in. But there was no way that it would be that easy. Sam retreated back down the alley, he knew that this disguise he worked on the past couple of days would be useful. After all, who would doubt a policeman, especially one in a nice miniskirt like Officer Jen…..wait a second, where’d in Suicine’s name did that come from? Darn it, Maxie must have been messing with the designs again. Will just have to go with the pants I have on, even if the Russet Pewter trousers didn’t quite go with the Burnt Cinnebar that constitution the rest of the costume.

I walked down the street, the detective disguise itching a bit. Not from the sewing, that was perfect. No, wearing the uniform again, even if for a con, felt weird. Like being mightyena in mareep’s clothing. That, or it might actually be a few leftover cottonspores from the afore mentioned ovines. Either way, I found myself slipping. Both into old habits, as well as apparently the first person. Like a cheap actor, asked for an encore, the narration came again, in a particularly hardboiled way. Unbidden, nor really warranted.

I returned to my nook across from the entrance, steam billowing out from the vent in the ground, blowing up the back of my trenchcoat. The steam was hot, hotter than Ho-oh Sacred Fire. Questions bounced through my head, like a herd of overcaffinated spoinks. Who should I accost? What is it about this disguise that makes me want to monologue anyway? When does the lunch rush really stat? Where would they keep half decade old plans anyway? Why are pinap berries so Lugia damned expensive in Kanto? And most importantly, How does that freaking bad egg keep beating me at cards? At least I can still trounce her at voltorb flip, probably helps that I can count so much gooder than her. Why, on a good day, I can get as high as a dozen without having to my fingers!

Lost in his thoughts, Sam barely noticed as the Silph Co building began to Spit Up employees as the lunch hour came into full swing. A handful of Executives flocked together like a clutch of prinplups, their cool demeanor creating a veritable bubble around them that no one other than their harried hangers on tried to pierce. But the majority of the workers leaving the building were the garden variety of Silph scientists, supernerds, and other various socially stigmatized souls who tended to toil away underground working on Science!

I was lost in my thoughts, already a bit disconcerted by Maxie’s brazen acts of sabotage, not to mention a bit hungry, when a Supernerd walked by, his pungent body odor so strong that it might even give squishy a run for his pokebucks. Seeing him walk by, I hurried to get upwind of him before flashing my fake badge.

“Hey Pal! Yeah, youze! I gotta have words wit youze!”
    Yeah, dat’s de stuff, catch a nerd with loud noises and big gestures, and they fold like deck of cards

“Who, me? What do you need officer”
    Yup, abouts as much spine as a tentacool outta wata’. Just gotta give ‘em Da Look and it’ll be like tahkin’ rarecandy from a baby pokemon.

“So...um, what do you want, Officer?”
    Dat shoulda ‘bout do it. Now ta get down ta de business

“You know dose silph scope thingies dey have in those newfangled pokedexes now? Silph makes dose, right?”
    “…Yes. Yes we do”
    Darn it, I’m loosing ‘em. Gotta keep diggin’ for more information.

“Ya sure?
    “Silph Co makes Silph scopes? Yeah, we sure do”
    Damn, he’s good. Like trying to bluff a straight against Maxie’s unbeatable 3 of a kind

“Just check’n. Ya never know”
    “…right.”
    “I mean, dat Stone or rock or sometin’ guy makes dat devon scope knockoff thing”
    Yep, exactly like that. Gotta keep ‘em guessing while you complete your pair of deuces.

“Yes…Devon Corp does indeed make Devon Scopes. You know, I’m beginning to sense a pattern here, sir.”
    Darn, it looks like he might actually know what he’s talkin’ bout. Or worse, what I’m talking about. Gotta change the subject. Keep ‘em guessing.

“Anyways, some of dose eggheads ova at headquarters where talkin’ bout it and sent me to go find someone ta talk to ova here.”
    “So, what, you want to see one? That might be a bit of a problem”
    Yup, sharp as a scizor, dis one. What was dat trick? The phonebook scam? Wortha shot.

“Nah, dey wanted me ta talk to someone who worked on it. Think his name started with a C…or a K….maybe an S? Sssssssssssssss”
    Darn it, what do I look like, an ekans? He better darn give me a name before I run outta breath.

“…Um…I think there’s a Kevin who leads a team over in quality control…?”
    Well, shoot, where do I go from here? Might as well seek ‘em out. ‘E Might know something.

“Maybe, what’s he look like?”
    “Kinda tall, maybe? About your height. A bit overweight. Let’s see…black hair? Fake tan.”
    “Fake tan? Yeah, dat’s probably da guy. Where can I find ‘im again?”
    “Quality control, by the garages. Just follow the signs. They’re everywhere.”
    “Thanks for the help, Pal.”

As I patted myself on the back for my masterful performance, and they said that you needed to be smart or beautiful to be in a contest… His body odor caught my nose, and I remembered the original reason for accosting him.

“Hey Pal! can I see your ID badge?”
    Oh yeah, Even I can tell that’s incredibly smooth. Gotta think of an excuse…
    “So that we can give you an official thanks or something?”

“Really? Um…sure!”

Wow, that was easy. A quick inspection show’s that this particularly odiferous specimen of nerdery’s name is George, and that more importantly, the ID badges seem to just be a piece of printed and laminated plastic, easily forged at the nearest Ditto’s Copying Solutions™.

“Thanks again. The Saffron City Police are grateful for your support.”
    “Um…right! Good Luck!”

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh crap, when I was trying to prune off some of the empty entries of joining the server and nothing happening, I accidentally deleted the log of the heist. Do you have an extra copy Tiamat?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You mean part 1?

It's here: Link (This link works BTW)

As for Part 2, it can be found here: Link

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Wow, and I'm the one who copied part one in the first place *facepalm*

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Day 3
    Sleuthing Problems: Part 2

Sam looked at his notes, well, the legible parts anyway. Which was pretty much only the drawing with the general layout of the security badge. Which was about as helpful as an escape rope in the middle of an empty field. Nothing helping it, Sam thought, going to have to actually try to infiltrate first to get some more information. Ho-oh, if he was lucky, they’d let him walk right out of there with the plans, and he wouldn’t have to take that freaky ninja guy up on his offer and could keep the whole payoff to himself…probably should have asked what it actually was…

The detective ruse was…clearly not cut out for the job of getting past the front desk, much less moving around inside. He needed a cunning disguise, something that would let him be the man, Be as discreete as a coursing ditto, with all the force of a great typhlosion. With all the strength of a raging Gyrados, Mysterious as the dark side of a Lunatone~!

Yeah, screw that prissy princess. Encore is a cheap ripoff anyway, everyone knows that they’re just a basic cable rip off of that one movie from the Aussie Azurill’s channel. Besides, their movies made much better montage music to work with while trying to make his disguise. Trying to be a nerd would result in him sticking out even more than the delibird in “The Ugly Psyduck” the second someone tried to say something vaguely smart-ish at him, and being a guard would be too risky without knowing their protocols, which left trying to imitate an executive. A sharp suit, or at least as good a facsimile as he could make with the materials he had on hand was no problem. Even if his Wild Celadon tie didn’t quite match the Viridian undertones of the fabric.

Entry was no problem, the guards barely gave his fake badge a first look, much less a second one. And finding the quality control area was no problem with the huge map in the reception area and colored lines going every which way. On the way, he noticed a bunch of scientists working on some computers, and a porygon. The digital pokemon could be a real use on WANG’s capers, he thought. The one back on the force was able to hack into anything in a matter of seconds. And it’s not like we have any eggheads on our side either. Sam decided to wait though, maybe he could come back in a couple hours during lunch time and snag it when no one was looking.

Making his way to QA, Sam could see a bunch of drones putting together something with some sort of lenses. And a lot of fancy microchips and other sciencey stuff that he couldn’t even attempt to guess the use of. Not seeing any plans lying about, he decided to direct his inquiries towards someone who wasn’t doing honest work.

“So, where’s da boss guy?”

“He’s up in the forman’s office.”

“Which is where?” Sam said, then realizing that the accent probably didn’t quite go with the suit, added, “my good sir?”

“Up there”

…oh. Yeah, there was a big office overhanging the work area with a huge window looking out of it. That Sam walked right by on his way in. And was facing while talking to the worker. Yes, that office.

As he makes his way up the stairs, Sam hears some yelling through the door. “Don’t tell me the Union wants more! They’ll have to pry that improved health insurance from my cold, dead hands.”

Yeah, I think I can work with this Sam thinks to himself, swinging the door open dramatically. “Oh, I agree one hundred and ten percent sir! Damn union remoraids, think they can leach life us dry.”

“Huh? Oh! Sorry, sir. I’ve had the union on my back all day”

Seeing the question on the foreman’s face, Sam quickly flashed the fake bage, “George, from corporate relations”

That clearly helped, as the manager quickly jumped to attention, no longer slouching. “But I’m holding down the fort just fine sir! What can I do for corporate today?”

“Some of our friends in Hoenn were requesting some help with the scope. And I heard that you were the guy to talk to about it.” After all, flattery never hurt.

“Our friends in Hoenn? Devon corp? What do you need?”

“They said that they were having trouble with something in the prototype. That they needed a good look at the plans to find the problem.”

“Unless you have specifics, or an actual prototype for me to look at, you’d have to go talk to the guys down in records.”

Shaking his head in the negative, Sam said, “Nope. How do you get there again?”

“Oh yeah, you’re not from this building. Go back to the reception desk and follow the red line. It’s in the other wing.”

Nodding his thanks, Sam leaves. On the way back to reception, he checks on the lab again. There were still three or four eggheads there, nattering on like a flock of chatots about some arcane sciencey stuff. Still too crowded, will have to try again later.

Returning to the reception area, Sam heads down the red line, stopping briefly to check out the security checkpoint about halfway to the records department. It wasn’t much, just an open window in the side of the hallway, with the guard only giving a cursory look to passersby, not even checking badges. The attached locker room was different, as Sam was confronted before the door was even open. It was too risky to force the issue, so Sam just gave a lame excuse and went on his way rather than try to get a better look.

Despite being a fairly long hike down a couple flights of stairs and hidden in basement level behind a few rows of storage closets, the entrance to the archives was well lit, and unlike a lot of the surroundings, relatively dust free. But more annoyingly, there were 2 guards standing right in front of it, and unlike all the other guards in the building actually seemed to be alert and paying attention to their surroundings. Sam waffles a little, and examines a few of the further back storage rooms, grabbing a few random chemicals to give to squishy (though odds are that he actually doesn’t care for cleaning chemicals) before deciding not to risk confronting the guards. Checking the fire escape plans though, he did notice that there was a storage closet that shared a wall with the archives, maybe they could bring in that trap guy to dig through, or didn’t the ninja mention he got an abra?

Sam heads back out and swings by the lab with the porygon. Seeing only one scientist there, who was clearly absorbed with…something, Sam lets Maxie out and signals for her to try to hide behind him as he sneaks in. His attempts at stealth are ruined when the porygon lets out a digitized cry and get’s the scientist’s attention. Straightening up, Sam decides to try the same tactic that worked so well on the forman. Yell, and keep yelling. And if they didn’t seem to be listening to what he was saying, yell some more, even louder.

“What’s the status on the project?”

“Pardon? Just give me a second, this is a very delicate procedure”

Upping the volume a notch, and theatrically glancing at his wrist, a movement whose impact is a bit diminished by the dual facts that 1) he didn’t have a wristwatch and B: the scientist was looking the opposite direction altogether, Sam sarcastically replies, “Sure. Take your time. Not like there’s a deadline or anything.”

Still not looking up, the scientist whined, “Well, I’d be doing a lot better if I wasn’t being constantly interrupted! I know it’s embarrassing that Team Rocket figured out how to evolve Porygon-2, but Science! takes time!”

Sam impatiently regards the room, noticing that most of the scientific doodads had been neatly put away by the other scientists who had apparently gone to lunch. Becoming bored of the conversation, the porygon had gone back to hibernation in it’s tube. And the scientist was getting more and more agitated.

“ARG! I can’t work like this! What is it that you need!”

“Your Project. It’s status” Matching the scientist’s exasperated tone with another volume increase, Sam talks slowly, so an idiot could understand (something he had much experience with). “Our bosses are starting to lose their patients.”

“It’s going,” the scientist sweats, “We’ve cracked most of the code in the Dubious Disk, but it’s…bad. I mean, we think it’s a miracle it works at all. Reminds me of a friend of mine’s coding. Heh, back in..”

“Enough! If those…those criminals can get it to work, what in Lugia’s name are we paying you for?”

“Oh no, getting it to work is no problem. What we’re having problems with is the intermediate step.”

Seeing that yelling wasn’t doing enough, Sam made a half hearted reach for the pokeball on the desk.

“I have half a mind to just scrap this project and sent it to another team! I heard the winters in Sinnoh are nice.”

“Um…wait! We’ve made progress! We’re on the verge of a major breakthrough!”

“Oh yeah? Then how come all I hear about this division is how you throw away money like a drunken meowth who just learned payday?! What do you actually have to show for all this money?”

“Well, um…This porygon here doesn’t need an upgrade to evolve!”

Sam gives the digital pokemon another glance. While he’s not all that knowledgeable about its evolution…”Then why is he all sharp and polygonally?”

“We’re not sure what level it needs to be, but we’re pretty sure it can evolve into a porygon 2.”

“What, did you learn how to unevolve pokemon or something? Pretty sure doesn’t cut it. We’re paying you to be scientists, not psychics”

“Well, he needs to get out in the world! He’s not learning anything in here. Don’t we have some people to do field testing like this?”

Seeing his chance, Sam swooped in like a fearow, “Yeah. People like me”

The scientist gave him a look, but eventually pulled out some forms.

“Um, if you could just sign for it then? You know, paperwork is what makes the world go round and all?”

Sam doesn’t even look as he signs, making it an even less decipherable blob of loops and slashes.

“Right then, mr. (mumble mumble). Now, when he evolves, bring him back back here for the next treatment, if they both work, we can both keep our jobs. Hehe?”

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Day 4

Saffron City, Sunset.
    Security suit, Silph co.

The ninja puts on the disguise with minimal fuss, and secures his pokeballs and other equipment with the quick, efficient moves of a master. Sam…well, at least he put on the outfit, and at least had the majority of his pokeballs.

Getting impatient, Sam nags the ninja, “Let’s go already, while dere’s still a crowd.”

“Alright then! Ready?” Buckling the last belt, the ninja gives Sam a critical look.

“What about your gear? All set up? And you tools, your pokemon?”

Sam is unsure how to respond, “…sure?”

“No second thoughts now…We either do it, or don’t”

“C’mon already!”

Sam rolls his eyes and starts walking for the gate. The flow of people leaving for the day has trickled off, so when the pair approaches the gate, it’s no surprise when they are immediately accosted by the guard. Sam holds his breath as they flash the forged ID badges, walking by in the middle of the day with a queue of other people waiting to enter was different from being scrutinized by the obviously bored guard.

“Night shift huh?”

Recognizing that despite being about as well groomed as a muk, with manners to match, Shino defers to Sam’s experience at sweetalking and keeps quiet. Seeing that the ninja wasn’t feeling particularly talkative, Sam follows suit.

“Yup.”

“Man I feel for ya”

An uncomfortable pause.

“…yup”

Shino gives the guard, then this idiot. He tries his best to look bored, but to Sam, it just ends up making him look constipated.

The guard waves them forward.

“Anyway, See ya later.”

“Yup.”

Walking away from the checkpoint, Shino drops the act and gets down to business.

“How many more check points are left?”

“Two. First, the small guard post by the offices, den da difficult one in front of da archives”

“Heh. If their security there is as lax as the gate guards, it should be a piece of cake”

“Unless you’re secretly a torchick, don’t get cocky.”

They enter the lobby, passing the reception area where the sole remaining receptionist was just finishing up packing for the night. Little happens as they follow the Yellow Line Corridor, until they reach the security checkpoint. A curious guard waves them over.

“Hey, where are you guys going?”

Thinking fast, Sam replies with the first thing that came to mind.

“Getting some cleaning supplies from the storage closets. I spilled some coffee”

“Coffee, eh?” The guard asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, a little moomoo milk too, but you don’t see me cryin’ bout it.”

Shino rolls his eyes, questioning just how this goof is actually able to convince people to keep breathing, much less do anything more complicated.

“Psh, spilled coffee.” The guard suddenly lost all interest in this riveting tale of beans and whey.

The pair walks past the checkpoint, One self satisfied at his cunning coffee ruse, the other shaking his head in disbelief.

“So, one more, eh?”

“You said yah gotta abra right? Is it under control yet?”

“I got him obedient, if that’s what you’re saying. As for under control, who could say. How are we doing this?”

“I was checkin’ da pokedex the other day. Dere are a pair of storage closets ova dere, teleporting a few feet from one to da other should be no problem, right?”

“Well, at least 30 feet, why? Should I go in?”

“Dat’s da plan.”

“And do what? Some sightseeing in the archives? You haven’t exactly told me what we are looking for.”

“The silph scope plans. Not sure what dey look like. Could be paper, in a tube, could even be one of dose newfangled data cartridges. Like in dose gameboy things.” Sam rambles, “Or we could just try takin’ out dose guards.”

“I can easily knock one out. Maybe from behind, after I teleport?”

Sam nods. “Sounds good. You teleport and try to sneak up behind dem, all quiet like,” Sam slams his fist into the other palm, “And knock ‘em cold if I have any problems.”

Sam watches the ninja sulk off to the supply closet. In the meantime, he realizes that while it worked fine on the previous guards, there actually might not be much reason for someone wearing a security guard uniform to be wandering around the Archives, so he spends a few minutes searching for a lab coat, which he finds easily in an empty lab. Combining it with his pair of fake glasses, Sam combines the two to make a CLEVER DISGUISE.

Walking towards the pair of guards, it’s no surprise when they greet him with the familiar “Hey, what are you doing?”

Seeing how well yelling worked in the past, Sam gives it a go.

“Going to the archives, what does it look like to you, primeape?”

…which doesn’t go over so well with someone who has an actual backbone, unlike the supernerds and middle managers he tried it on before.

“Oh yeah? Where’s your form? Surely you know that you gotta have an order to get things outta the archive?!”

“Does it look like there’s anyone else here to sign off on it? Lazy ass executives leaving in the middle of the afternoon, while expecting us to do Science! in all hours of the night…”

Clearly not impressed, the guard folds his arms, “Well then, I guess science will just have to wait for another night.”

Floundering, Sam reaches for the last straw.

“…but when he gets in tomorrow, I’m sure he’ll just be tickled pink as a miltank’s side to know that you primeapes have cost the company millions of pokebucks. What’s your name and badge number?”

“Marcus Jordon, 56482. What’s yours? I’ll report you for not filing the right paperwork!”

Running out of ideas, Sam struggles.

“And your deaf, dumb friend here?”

Any time, Shino…”

I don't think I could do shino's voice justice, tiamat. Can you incorperate the teleport and sneaking part into part 2?
    <TiamatZ> "Got it then. See you in a few moments..." *Shino scurries off to the closet*
    <Spoit> (or actually...)
    <TiamatZ> *Shino enters the closet*
    <TiamatZ> (what?)
    <Spoit> (nah, never mind, stupid idea)
    <TiamatZ> (ok then, I'm in the closet. What do i see Cap?)
    <capfalcon> It's dark.
    <capfalcon> You may be eaten by a Grue.
    <TiamatZ> It's not safe to go alone. Take this!
    <capfalcon> and there's some junk lying around.
    <TiamatZ> I pop out Orpheus
    <TiamatZ> from his ball
    <capfalcon> It looks at you for your orders.
    <TiamatZ> "OK, Orpheus, I got a little job for you. Can you teleport me into the archive room over here?"
    <TiamatZ> *points to the room diagram*
    <TiamatZ> *at the archive chambers*
    <TiamatZ> (I'm assuming Sam drew some maps or something)
    <capfalcon> It focus for a brief second. you finish the sentence in the room.
    <TiamatZ> "Good work, there's hope for you yet. Return!"
    <TiamatZ> *back into your ball!*
    <capfalcon> As you look around the room, it's a maze of shelves and filing cabnets.
    <TiamatZ> OK, so I stand near the door where the guards were standing
    <capfalcon> You can barley see the wall in through.
    <capfalcon> However, you hear someone coming towards you.
    <capfalcon> "What was that noise?"
    <TiamatZ> *oh shit*
    <TiamatZ> I hide
    <TiamatZ> Ninja skill FTW!
    <capfalcon> You hide well!
    <capfalcon> Yay Ninja!
    <TiamatZ> Who is it? Can i see him/her/it?
    <capfalcon> You perch up in a dark corner of the room.
    <capfalcon> It looks like a guard in here.
    <capfalcon> From up at the top of the room, you can see that there's a lighted desk on the other wall.
    <TiamatZ> "Hmmmm"
    <capfalcon> SPOIT!
    <capfalcon> What's sam doing?
    * Spoit sam gives shino 10 minutes to circle around to the doorway behind the guards
    <capfalcon> Ah, it isn't that long yet.
    <TiamatZ> so he's waiting for a signal?
    <Spoit> and raids the supply cabinet for some toxic cleaning fluids for squishy
    <TiamatZ> what's funny is that it's cleaning fluids
    <capfalcon> So, what's shino doing?
    <TiamatZ> Ah ok then
    <TiamatZ> Shino sneaks past the guard, hoping to get to the door where the other two were standing
    <TiamatZ> should i roll?
    <capfalcon> you can just wait for him to move.
    <capfalcon> So, no not really.
    <TiamatZ> Ah ok, I wait...
    <capfalcon> He eventually decides that he just heard somthing.
    <capfalcon> and leaves back to the desk.
    <TiamatZ> "Huh."
    <TiamatZ> Shino now sneaks to the door
    <Spoit> (actually, how long does chaging a disguise take?)
    <TiamatZ> Readies some sleeping powder on his fist

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Looks like it's dead dude.

Haven't heard of Rent, Speed, or Cap lately...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, I've been in IRC most days.

Maybe we should coordinate a time to meet here, though...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    We should just wrap up downtime and get this show on the road

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, if no one else has any objections, I'm just going to declare downtime over. This has dragged on waaaay too long.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Let's hear from Rent and Speed 1st.

Also Cap, you still haven't dished out Shino's and Sam's reward for that heist.

Also, which Pokemon lvled up? Were there any lvl ups?

And what about the trainers? Also any lvl ups?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, we should probably finish the heist first. Are you going to do it, or should I?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Should be almost finished.

I'll post up all of the deatails regarding getting in the room right up to setting up the trap with my Koffing.

YOu can post the battle then.

I'll post the aftermath afterwards.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Day 4 Downtime:

Morning

Shino woke up earler than normal (if one would even call 4 AM normal), and decided on sending his Pokemon once more back to the PokeCenter. With his 'tools' out of the way, Shino focused on his strict training schedule. He trained long and hard, but decided he had enough after 7 hours of intense physical training.

Afternoon

It was only early the afternoon, after picking up his Pokemon, that Shino spotted the dull, dreary detective working on something. It wasn;t what the detective did that intrigued the ninja, but rather... the plans the man was looking over. On the large sheet of paper, was a number of scribbles, lines, and other strange symbols written all over it.

One word caught Shino's attention: The Silph Scope

When Shino asked the dim-witted man about it, Sam explained that it was some sort of thingamagigger or prototype that allowed people to see Ghost-Type Pokemon.

As though looking for extra help, Sam begs the ninja to help him in his heist. The heist in question would take place in a secured warehouse facility near the outskirts of Saffron... or something like that. Shino wasn't paying much attention.

Now, if people knew what sort of crazy stunts they would have pulled tonight, the most sane man would probably have objected to Sam's proposal. Some might even bitch and whine about it, thinking about some sort of pathetic excuse not to go.

Shino said yes...

Why not, the ninja thought to himself. He wasn't doing else lately. And with two new recruits under his belt (literally), Shino wanted to push and test his ninja skills to the limit. He felt that these past few days were getting to him, and he felt that his skills might be getting a bit rusty. After gratuitously taking Sam's many appreciations and flatteries, the two set off, and went back to the plan, figuring out ways on how they could successfully pull off this 'simple' heist...

Evening
    Location: Silph Co. Storage Facility (After passing through the checkouts)

As Shino skulks off towards the closet, he looks around, making sure no-one spotted him. Satisfied, he opens the door, and goes in. He quickly closes the door, for fear of being spotted. One of the rules to good espionage, Shino remembers, is to keep things as they were. Even a simple thing, like a rug briefly unturned, or a vase out of place, is enough to put even lazy guards on alert. Shino was in no position to screw this up.

He searches his pokeballs, until he finds the one he was looking for. He brings out Orpheus. The little Abra looks around, not sure of where he was this time. He still gave Shino the same stink eye, as per usual.

Yeah, yeah. Right back at you! Ass! the ninja thought out, preferably out loud, for Abra to hear.

But Shino was on a schedule, and he didn't want to idle.

"Listen Orpheus. We're in a heavily guarded facility..." Shino takes out a small map. "We're in here, a closet. I need you, to get us..." Shino points to an adjacent toom, the archive room. "to get us..."

Orpheus followed his orders, teleporting both of them to a secluded area of the Archive room. Shino stops in midsentence. "...here..."

He looks around. Satisfied with Orpheus, he patted the Abra on the head. "Good work. But be ready for when I call you. I may need you yet again tonight..."Shino returns the Abra, then sneaks around the room. The room itself was quite large, with tons of cabinets, files, and containers everywhere. This gave the ninja ample hiding spots. He managed to dodge a patrol of guards, who were busy investigating the area. Satisfied, they found nothing. The then pass through a door (with a small window directly on top of the door), guarded by two guards on the outside. This was the same door Shino and Sam saw outside.

Shino looks around, trying to find somehing that remotely resembled "Silph Scope". A name, a file, a disk... thingie. Anything.

Shino then heard an argument from outside.

As he sneaks to the door, he hears the two guards arguing with... a scientist? Shino facepalmed himself when he saw who the 'scientist' was. "Ho-Oh burn me now! What is that Slakoth doing?! Can't he do anything right?!"

As the guards start to go for their pokeballs, Shino grabs his sword, and dabs his glove with some chloroform.

"It's showtime!" Shino cries, as he kicks the door down.

!BAM!

Both guards (including the fat scientist, Sam) were caught off guard by the young assassin jumping them from behind. Before the unnamed guard could do anything, Shino grabs the guard's mouth with the chloroform-dipped hand. The vapor instantly knocks out the guard, falling to the ground with a soft *THUD*. "Sweet dreams!" Shino taunts the knocked out guard. The other one (the one named Marcus) looks in shock at the quick ninja.

"I got dis!" Sam yells to the ninja, and he tries to get a Pokemon out. Unfortunatley, the burly man steps into a conveniently placed bucket, making a noise in the process. Shino got distracted by the noise momenteraly, allowing Marcus a split-second opportunity to punch Shino in the jaw, turn tail, and run away, yelling for help in the process.

"Alert! Alert! We got intruders in the compund! Need assistance!"

Shit! Entei's hairy balls! Mission just got compromised, Shino thought to himself.

"Crap, go aftah him!" Sam yells at the stunned ninja.

"Neva mind! I got dis one!" Sam hurls Maxie's pokeball. The Togepi pops out, and looks at Sam. "Dun lookit me! Give that squealer over there a 'present'!" The detective points at the escaping guard. Maxie complies, and tosses a small yellow present at the guards direction. The present lands in front of the guard. A little firecracker rolls under Marcus, and causes a large explosion! The explosion lifts him off his feet as he's flung down the rest of the hallway. He gets shakily gets to his feet before continuing down the hall.

"Shit! He's still going?!" Shino calls out Zuul. The Zubat appears. "Zuul, pursue our prey!" The ninja points at the escaping (now limping) guard. Zuul gladly complies, and chases the injured guard. Zuul charges the guard, and connects with the guard's head with a sickening *CRACK*. The guard falls limply to the ground.

"Excellent Zuul! This may yet pay up for your cowardice last night! Oi, detective! Let's move it!"

But Maxie's explosion has already done far more harm. The sound of the explosion echoed throughout the compound. If they didn't know they were here before, they would know now.

"No doubt your little 'firecracker' tipped them off" Shino replies snidely to Sam.

"Ya wanna hide them bodies? I'll try ta stall em!" Sam responds.

"For how long? And where exactly?" the ninja replies, not quite understanding what Sam was up to.

"There's plenty of storage closets, ya go an' pick one"

"I could try carry one away, but what of the other one?"

"Ye're a big strong ninja, ya figure it out!"

"Fine! Also... nice 'lab coat'." Shino snickers.

Sam seemed to puff at that last remark. He takes off the lab coat, and chucks it towards Shino.

"Hey, the hell... what am I supposed to do with that?"

Sam doesn't answer. While still wearing the security clothes from before (how many sets of clothes does this guy wear anyway?), Sam rushes off towards the hallway, with Maxie in tow.

Shino, with the exception of the knocked out guards, was alone.

After returning Zuul back to his ball, the shinobi picks up BOTH guards, and tossed them into the nearby storage closet. He scanned the hallway, taking note of the small crater the firecracker left. An idea started to form in Shino's head...

Your turn Spoit.

You think Speed and Rent is ever coming back?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm here

i guess i should read up

Rent on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Leaving the ninja to deal with the incapacitated guards, Sam runs down the hallway towards the approaching footsteps. Seeing a group of guards approaching, he pulls to a stop in front of them, trying to keep them from going down the corridor.

“Thank Lugia you’re here! I heard some noises coming from down the hall and came to investigate, but you know, now that you’re here, I probably should just go back to my post..?”

The guards looked at him like he was an idiot, something that Sam was so used to that it didn’t even really register anymore.

“Come on! If we’re getting robbed, we need you here!”

Grumbling, Sam followed after the other guards down the hall towards the archive WHEN SUDDENLY, GAS!

A purple haze fell down the entire hallway, causing everyone to cough, and the more experienced guards to cover their mouths and drop to try to avoid the gas. Shouts of confusion filled the hallway.

“What’s going on!”
    “I think it’s some pokécriminal!”
    Keeping in character, Sam shouts, “Who’s that? Pokémon?!”

The lead guard keeps a cool head, and throws his pokeball, revealing a red dog.

“Right! Growlithe, Go! Burn away the gas!”

The gas burns away, revealing the bloated form of Shino’s Koffing, Blight, spewing his poisons fumes everywhere. The fire pup manages to tag the poison balloon, leaving him floating a little bit unsteady in the middle of the corridor.

Seeing his chance to attack while no one was looking, Sam quietly signaled for Maxie to use metronome. She shakes her fingers, and suddenly a razor sharp blade of air goes flying towards the other fighting pokemon, carving a small cut in the dog’s side.

Immediately crying foul, the growlithe trainer turns and yells at the doofus.

“Hey! You’re with him, aren’t you!”

“Uh…no?” Sam feebly bluffed, “Your growlithe jumped in the way?”…Despite the fact that it had yet to move from where the pokeball had deposited it.

Clearly not buying it, the three guards crowd in towards the imposter, threateningly.

“No! You hit him!”

Coming to the rescue yet again, Shino makes a dramatic appearance…by opening the door he was hiding behind!

“OK! Listen up, cause I’m only going to say this once! Unless you guys don’t mind being blown up, or killed…I suggest you surrender! Blight, use your smog attack on the group!”

Clearly their teamwork is the thing of legends, as blights cloud of toxic fumes floats right through the group of trainers, stopping right by Sam’s head, which begins to feel a bit light. Taking offence at the attack on his master, the growlithe pounces at the koffing, who dodges with ninja-like agility. However, this puts him out of position to block the guards, who ran after what was the clearly bigger threat, leaving Sam to choke in the hallway.

A bit miffed at how easily they went to ignoring him, Sam has Maxie throw another present their way. A nicely wrapped egg bounces down the hallway, glowing angrily… to release the glow in a soft light around the furthest back guard, healing his aches and wounds… Rolling with it, Sam shouts down the hallway.

“See, I’m Helping!”

Shino orders Blight to tackle the Growlithe, which he does to modest success. Unfortunately the dog didn’t really appreciate the hit that much, and quickly responds with a mouth full of flame, knocking out the poison gas pokemon, and leaving him still sizzling a bit.

A red light shoots out from the darkness of the supply closet, rescuing the gas ball from any further punishment. Confused, one of the guards shouts out in alarm!

“Who’s there!?”

In an enviously hardboiled manner, the darkness responds.

“Your Doom!”

A crazed ninja jumps out of the shadows and flips the fuck out! Flailing wildly with his sword, he manages to catch the lead guard’s shoulder, making a nastly looking cut on his upper arm.

Disgusted by how helpful Maxie was being in this fight, her fabled luck not everything it cracked up to be today, and noticing the line of trainers going towards the room, a risky idea popped into Sam’s head as he recalled one of the few games that egghead wasn’t able to reliably beat him at. Sam returned her to the pokeball and retrieved the new porygon, lining up the pokeball carefully with the remaining guards and shino.

“Pory gon?”

The porygon looks confused at being back in silph co so soon, and in a battle no less. And why is his master wearing a security guard uniform when he was supposed to be some sort of suit guy?

The digital pokemon was hardly the only one to be confused, as the growlithe turns his dead in puzzlement. Even the guards manage to turn in surprise at this turn of events.

Heck, even Sam was confused. He hit himself in confusion. Oh yeah, you’re supposed to give pokemon order to do stuff.

“Cypher, use psybeam on that intruder!”

Nodding, as clearly the job of silph co guards would be to take care of intruders, Cyper unleashes an off pink beam of concentrated thought towards the ninja person, unfortunately hitting, and knocking down everyone else in its path. Well, except the ninja, but good enough.

“Good job, Cypher! Return!”

Sam hooks ball on his belt, ignoring his teammate’s angry words, the pain in his lungs blinding him now that the adrenaline was no longer pumping.

“Go on…get the plans….just going to…sit down…a minute.”

And everything fades to white.

(Does Shino steal half my money for defeating me? :P)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Right then, so Porygon, Growlithe, and Koffing ding!

The money is going to be 4000p each.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ...Did shino steal the guards growlithe? Or did mine or rent's magically level up from the safety of their pokeballs?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Indeed. I think Cap mistook some pokemon there.

I believe the only pokemon that took part in the heist were: Zuul, Blight, Maxie, and Cypher. Orpheus too if you count his teleports.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Indeed. I think Cap mistook some pokemon there.

Yes. Yes he did. Let's try this again.
    I believe the only pokemon that took part in the heist were: Zuul, Blight, Maxie, and Cypher. Orpheus too if you count his teleports.

Zuul, Blight, Maxie and Cypher leveled up. The money is still good, though.

So, since no one has mentioned interest in extending the down time, I guess it's time to get back to the main event! However, what with my work schedule in the next few days, that seems very unlikely to happen before Thursday. Thanks for your continuing patience everyone! :)

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ...sup?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry. I've just got too much on my plate to try to plan for this game. It's my senior year, and the work is piling up. I think I'm going to have to declare this dead.

Sorry for the delay, but I really thought I would be able to keep this up this year.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, FWIW, thanks for hosting this game for us.

Had fun while it lasted.

And so Shino walks off into the sunset, searching for another team to join up; the thought on becoming the greatest Pokemon ninja assassin always swirling through his mind.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, uh, shame about this dying. Really, it was the most hilariously dysfunctional group of the lot, great fun to read your misadventures.

In other news, I come attempting to offer you guys a chance to transfer your character into my game. If any of you decide to take up my offer, PM me, and I will explain the exact nature of what I can plan for your character's entry into Leftovers.

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    notsoy wrote: »
    Well, uh, shame about this dying. Really, it was the most hilariously dysfunctional group of the lot, great fun to read your misadventures.

In other news, I come attempting to offer you guys a chance to transfer your character into my game. If any of you decide to take up my offer, PM me, and I will explain the exact nature of what I can plan for your character's entry into Leftovers.

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo

:P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Who is the worst at remembering that people kept telling me that things were back in action here

it's me

I am

Fortunately (in a... certain sense of the word) it looks like it didn't matter that I was kind of a jerk here! Woooooo vindication!

Speed Racer on