As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ExaltedOOC] "Rollan rollan rollan, raaaawhiiide"

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm still here y'know.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey, if I get picked I say first choice to you.

I'll play whatever mechanically.

Exalted is about the characters to me, not the castes.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shoe you put me in an impossible position, but on the other hand you're right here and Arc is somewhere else posting in a different thread.

Udjat, go ahead and go ninja. Shoe, take Eclipse. Let's do dis.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wut

mega frowny face for rainy not PMing me if she needed meeeeeee

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    arc

don't hate me baby

rainy is it okay with you if i maintain my policy of not being super aware of the major world metagame stuff

and being more into the character and how he reacts to things in the moment

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    1. Arc it was totally a snap judgement made solely on the fact that Shoe had posted in the thread more recently than you.

2. Fuck metagame major world plot stuff. As I said in the OP, we're doing corebook only which negates most of the added etc from expansion books.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    1. See Arc, I am not the bad guy.

2. Awesome. I like it.

I will work up the character sheet and background and whatsis tonight, trying to keep in mind what the other players have going on so I don't get all in love with an idea that don't work.

Rainy will you be on IRC later?

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yep, I'll be on the channel if you wanna talk about your character.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    it's fine

starcraft 2 came for me today

soooo

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tsas Khan of the Desert Hordes

tsasshiherbybitrixstudi.jpg

Storyblah:
    Geser sat down to drink tea with his old friend, the merchant Shiher. The sun was deflected by the cloth that was spread over Shiher's carpet where he displayed his goods among the many vendors of a dusty market on the desert's edge. After the first cup, Geser leaned in and spoke so that Shiher might hear him, and the buyers milling about would not.

"Friend Shiher... what is wrong?"

"Another shipment from the South... gone."

"Stolen?"

"No. Gone. Never even made. The Horsemen are becoming more difficult."

"It won't last. They're only difficult for a bit, and go back to fighting one another over some pathetic patch of grass."

"Not this time. I've heard rumors."

"Of what?"

"That they aren't fighting one another anymore. They've started coming under banners, warriors leaving chieftains, allegiances being formed and not broken the next day, attacks with greater speed and cunning. They're becoming more than a Horde. They're becoming an army."

Geser sipped at his tea again. The thought of a man who could bring the barbarians of the south together chilled his thoughts.

Though the name of Tsas Khan is known to few outside the arid steppes, the whispers of the gathering tribes have concerned many. Tsas rose quickly amongst the ranks of the horse-archers not only by his skill, but his ability to make men swear oaths to them, to detect treachery in a tenuous alliance, to find weak points in the defenses of his enemies, and his ability to develop new and powerful strategies that have overwhelmed trade caravans and enemy tribes alike.

Though he is strong in the saddle, swift with the bow, uncanny in intuition, and adept in tribal politics... Tsas Khan feels a call, the knowledge that something has awoken inside him. He must be more than what is considered to be a great man. He has come to know that he is more than human.

He rides to destiny.

Motivation:

"For generations, my people, who wanted nothing more than to herd and live in the arid lands of the south, have been exploited and enslaved... the land ravaged for resources... man, beast, and nature alike subjugated by the will of the Empire.

Those days are at their end."

Here's what I got so far on sheet... might still need work.

Essence OO
    Willpower OOOOOO

Compassion O
    Temperance OO
    Conviction OOO
    Valor OOO

Personal Essence 12; Peripheral Essence 29

Strength: OOO
    Dexterity: OOOO
    Stamina: OOOO

Charisma: OOOO
    Manipulation: OOO
    Appearance: OO

Perception: OO
    Intellegence: OOO
    Wits: OO

Archery: 4
    Melee: 2
    War: 4 (Specialization - Desert: 2)

Linguistics: 2
    Ride: 3
    Socialize: 2

Athletics: 3
    Dodge: 3

Investigation: 2
    Presence: 3
    Resistance: 3
    Survival: 3

Languages: Low Realm, Flametongue, Local Desert People Dialect.

Charms:

- First Archery Excellency
    - Trance of Unhesitating Speed
    - There Is No Wind
    - Master Horseman's Technique
    - First Investigation Excellency
    - Judge's Ear Technique
    - Sagacious Reading of Intent
    - Hardship Surviving Mendicant Spirit
    - Durability of Oak Meditation
    - Iron Skin Concentration

Background Dots:

- Familiars: 3 (1-dot badass hawk and 2-dot awesome horse)
    - Allies: 3 (other tribal leaders who are also badasses)
    - Followers: 4 (horde of loyal horseridin' barbarian maniacs)
    - Resources: 2 (for like weapons and armor and saddles and stuff)
    - Mentor: 2 (Gods like me)

Character sheet still probably tentative. I think I still need virtue flaw and intimacies and stuff. My maths are hopefully right.

I'll probably write some more later on, this is kinda thrown together, need to think on it some more and get it to gel with the other characters more I think.

Also need to find out just how awesome my awesome horse and awesome falcon are.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just a friendly note: Anyone who doesn't have a character sheet/background up by Saturday is getting replaced. This preptime is taking waay too long.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I believe my sheet is in order, as is my background. I just need to find a way how he joined the circle.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tried to send rainfall a PM, she's probably ticked. My PC crashed, I rebuilt it, was getting my sheet back in order, and days later it succumbed to a virus and I had to do a lowlevel format/reinstall. Lost all my exalted books, had to re-d/l them...all that's done, but now I'm not up to date on who has what characters, what castes are open.

If there was a replacement found for both slots, that's fantastic, best of luck and I'll be reading the game intently.
    If not, I'm trying to rebuild my character today. It wouldn't take a ridiculously long time, since I had him almost entirely fleshed out.

However, after about 4pm today, I become unavailable and my time to do any type of designing of a character is sketchy for the weekend, lots of RL plans involving family. So, someone want to give me an update?

Snowdown on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Udjat Eye took the Night spot and Horseshoe took the Eclipse

So I think you're out for now, Snowdown

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is all good. I'm glad the game's still getting off the ground.

Hope everyone has a blast, and I can't wait to read it!

Did Papillion keep twilight, or did he have to bow out?

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    He had to drop. Lodwik is our new twilight

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    lodwilk wrote: »
    I believe my sheet is in order, as is my background. I just need to find a way how he joined the circle.

Ringo and I threw out an idea a page or two back, take a look and see if you like it.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Plutonium wrote: »

Ringo and I threw out an idea a page or two back, take a look and see if you like it.

Ok so I officially love the idea of you two busting EV out of jail, and am more than willing to go with that. I did change my two background points from cult into Manse, so those can be added to the one provided by Plutonium and Udjat.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Two questions for two different people.

1 - Lodwilk: I like your character. I really, really dig it. However, I'm not sure if it's going to be a character that will fit in with the warmongering crowd of Shoe, Pluto, and Ringo, the three guys who are dominating the input/group/conversation here. I'd like you to tell me how you intend to fit into the war-plans and the group with your character after they break you out.

2 - Udjat - Your character is not Exaltedly awesome. This campaign is going to be about warfare and politicking, and while I see your character being respectable on the politics side, what does he bring to the war? For that matter, how is his Exaltation in any way epic? This is Exalted, of the sort where you're awesome right away.

Also, Udjat, your Intimacy is ridiculous. Why on earth would he care about the midwife who delivered him? An intimacy is something he cares about right now.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    you know what the Khan could really use

the Khan needs a group of assassins with an extremely canny and ruthless leader

one who can get behind enemy lines with his/her loyal-to-the-death killers

and execute as many officers as possible

that is the sort of thing that a Khan, a Warrior Poet, and a One-Man-Army are lacking at the moment

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    you know what else the Khan could really use

some extra help on the battlefield

i mean the gods of the elements, the wild dudes, even the demons and the etc

like he's got diplomatic power with the sorts of things that a twilight sorceror could summon

being able to say something like

alright, me and the wizard got it sorted out yesterday so listen up my army of barbarians

so after the sandstorm swallows and blinds their archers and the pack of blood apes eats their horses

we charge in and ruin their shit

whooo

a Khan, a Warrior Poet, and a One-Man-Army could use a dude like that

especially if he's bringin in background dots that let him boost said army even more

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't think I could call a stealthy ninja character "Shade" and keep a straight face.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    man i just thought of the greatest pen-name because of that pluto

Venetian Blinds

man with that name how could people not publish anything i wrote

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »

1 - Lodwilk: I like your character. I really, really dig it. However, I'm not sure if it's going to be a character that will fit in with the warmongering crowd of Shoe, Pluto, and Ringo, the three guys who are dominating the input/group/conversation here. I'd like you to tell me how you intend to fit into the war-plans and the group with your character after they break you out.

Well I see EV as being the "Military Intelligence" of the group. If the group needs information on anything then he's the one who would most likely have it. Add in his obscenely high investigation abilities with charms, any prisoner the group does take, he would be able to separate what is fact and what is fiction.

As for actual combat roles. He is decent at using thrown weapons, and I will be increasing his abilities with those later on, but his main shtick is his sorcery. Death of Obsidian Butterflies does create a football field sized zone of death, and I 'm considering using Demon of The First Circle immediately to summon a Erymanthoi
    and have it serve it's year and a day as my bodyguard.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    lodwilk wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »

Well I see EV as being the "Military Intelligence" of the group. If the group needs information on anything then he's the one who would most likely have it. Add in his obscenely high investigation abilities with charms, any prisoner the group does take, he would be able to separate what is fact and what is fiction.

As for actual combat roles. He is decent at using thrown weapons, and I will be increasing his abilities with those later on, but his main shtick is his sorcery. Death of Obsidian Butterflies does create a football field sized zone of death, and I 'm considering using Demon of The First Circle immediately to summon a Erymanthoi
    and have it serve it's year and a day as my bodyguard.

If you're going to do that (and you should, cause it's awesome), you should consider instead taking some dots in familiar.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    He doesn't need to, really. It's a side-effect of Demon of the First Circle that you get to have a pet.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gyler meets the Khan
    The heat of the desert sun blazed down upon the rocks, brush, and sparse bunch-grasses of the arid steppes. The hooves of a pearl-white horse clicked upon the occasional stone, its rider swaying in the saddle. He looked up occasionally to ensure that he was headed south. The heat, the grit, the sweat... it didn't concern him. His eyes constantly scanned the horizon, for he appeared to be the tallest object for miles around.

It was much to his surprise when the group of horsemen rode up and surrounded him. They must have been using what little topography there was to lay low. It was impressive. These desert raiders (by the looks of them) were cannier than he expected.

Their leader, a man with wild black hair and a long spear, paced his horse about before him as the others remained encircled, weapons drawn.

"What are you doing here?"

"I've come to see the leader of your tribe."

The black-haired rider laughed, and called out in an odd language to the circle of warriors about him who laughed as well.

"You want to see the Khan?" The horseman circled this newcomer, examining his white steed, his appearance, his weapons. "Okay. We'll take you to see the Khan."

The group rode onward, encircling their new 'guest' (at least he hoped he was their guest) deeper into the south. The day passed slowly, the sun blazing, the riders rarely speaking -- and then, only in their odd native tongue. At last, as the sun began to near the horizon, they reached a large encampment in the wastelands, a large mass of tents surrounded by men and horses. Riding into the encampment, the black-haired horseman gestured to the largest tent, which was guarded by many men.

"The Khan is there. Go see him."

With that, the raiders rode off and left their guest in front. He dismounted and walked toward the tent. Immediately, five men walked up to block his path. They crossed their arms and stood shoulder to shoulder, making a wall in front of the tent.

"What?"

"I'm here to see your Khan."

Again they laughed. Why did they laugh when anyone said that? Perhaps it was what was suggested by the unfolding of their arms and the cracking of their knuckles, and the cruel smiles that began to cross their faces.

---

Sitting on a cushioned chair in his tent, the Khan sipped at his water. Two fearsome guards sat at his side upon cushions, the heights of their heads well below his. He listened to the fighting outside intently, every fallen body and crunch of bone. Eventually, the noise stopped and a figure strode into the tent.

He was tall, with unkempt orange hair, which was swept back as he raised the goggles that had been protecting his eyes from the dust and sand. The Khan noticed that his long coat concealed fine armor, crafted by the hands of many men, as well as a strange weapon near his hip and a fearsome sword. He nodded in approval and gestured to a cushion on the floor before him, where a glass of iced water and food waited.

"Sit."

"What? You dare accost me, attack me, and then command me to sit?"

The two guards grabbed the hilts of their swords and began to stand. The Khan held up one of his hands and barked a single word in the strange barbarous dialect. The two men sat back in their cushions, but looked upon the red-haired man with a fearsome gaze.

"Please forgive their manners. Here, in the desert, it is considered very rude to turn away the hospitality of a Khan. I am offering you a seat, which means I have welcomed you into my house. I have offered you water, which means that I have no intention of harming you. I have offered you food, which means that you will be protected by me while in my camp. It may seem strange... but here, it is very important."

His brows furrowed, the red-haired man sat down upon the cushion. He wasn't sure that the Khan was just saying all this to put him in a vulnerable position, or to make him sit in a lower position. Something about it seemed genuine, but it was hard to be trusting when surrounded by the most notorious band of desert warriors to have been seen in the South.

"My name is Conlyth Gyler."

"I am Tsas Khan."

There was a pause as the two men scrutinized each other. Gyler noticed that the Khan was clad in a few bits of finery... but that most of them appeared to be blood-stained and at some point subjected to the arrow or the blade. His skin was deeply bronzed by the sun, and his hair arranged in the manner of the southern barbarians who made their living in some of the harshest lands known to men. But as ragged as he looked... he was still the Khan of a growing army. Gyler sipped at his water as he considered this.

"The water was cooled with snow from the distant mountains. The last from a box my riders brought me yesterday. I saved it for you."

"You knew I was coming?"

"You knew I was here. Is it all that surprising?"

"When you put it that way, perhaps not."

"So... Conlyth Gyler. Why have you come to see me?"

Gyler considered for a few beats how to answer the question as he chewed at some of the dates that had been in the wooden bowl before his cushion. He decided that with this sort of man, the direct approach should be best.

"I am a bringer of the Law. I am here to discern your intent. And if you are yet another tyrant who will bring suffering to the South in the name of avarice and barbarity, bloodshed disguised as a people's birthright, I will not allow it. I will kill you.

The two guards once again began to become hostile, and once again the Khan silenced them. He looked back and smiled.

"One does not become Khan by tyranny. You see these men? When mistreated or spoken to with disdain, they do not tolerate it. I lead them for a nobler cause."

"That being?"

"You have to ask? You have traveled through the South to find me. My people are the folk of the steppes and the desert. They have been enslaved, tortured, brutalized and worse. This sacred land has been stripped for its resources by a greedy Empire. They have been waiting for someone to bring them together, to bind them, and to take it back. I am he. I am their Khan."

Gyler continued to chew as he weighed the response. The Khan could be lying. If so, it was a good lie... but something about his passion as he spoke betrayed a deep commitment to what he wished to do. Not a mad quest for power, but a sincere desire to bring the hope of a better life to his people. To Gyler, it sounded a bit like Justice.

"Yes, I see now."

"You would do the same, yes?"

"I would."

"Then we shall be friends."

The Khan raised his glass and smiled, and the two men drank water together. Tsas Khan stood from his chair and squatted in front of Gyler, extending his hand. He nodded for Gyler to grasp it. Gyler made a quick estimate in his mind of how that might affect the ability to draw his fire-wand before deciding it was safe to do so.

"I swear to you that we shall be allies, and that we shall usurp the dogs who have taken this land that belongs not to them. Will you swear such an oath to me, Conlyth Gyler?"

"I shall," responded Gyler, a bit unsure of where this was going, but wishing to make an ally rather than an enemy of this Khan. He was at the very least useful. Then something a bit more than what he had expected happened. He felt a strong sensation of warmth in his hand as the Khan's voice seemed to grow larger, with an almost metallic tone.

"We make this Oath in the name of those long forgotten but unconquered, born in blood, bound in word, bonded in soul, eternal as the Desert Sun."

The Oath was short, but the moment seemed to last as upon the Khan's forehead, a golden mark shone forth and an aura blazed behind him, the figure of a rearing horse. The Khan looked up at Gyler.

"I have been waiting for you, Conlyth Gyler. He whom the ghosts and gods call Pale-Skin-With-Sun-In-His-Heart. I have heard your name in the wind, in the water, in the sand. We were both born of women, but are sons of a higher calling. We are meant to ride together. And now... the seal is made."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Udjat: In your writeup you have Shade being captured - we could just go all out and have Gyler/Ketan/EV/Khan hijack your transfer of custody before you were to be delivered to the Wild Hunt. This kind of builds up some antagonists for us in the region. The Dynasts know we're here, but they've never seen us as we keep striking before they can get involved. Hell, if we're really crafty, we can feed the Realm disinformation on the whereabouts of the Anathema and have them chasing their tails while we move behind the scenes.

Hell, if we've already been doing that, we may have already somewhat discredited the Dynasts hunting us as all they've been able to report is repeated failures.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, is Udjat the Half Life: Full Life Consequences guy?

This is pretty epic stuff here.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay, this is rapidly turning into a vortex of madness from which there is no return. Udjat, much as I liked your original Eclipse concept, which was neat, Stoic Mountain Shade and his backstory has turned into a lumbering behemoth/festering boil that really, really, really needs to be completely excised from the game.

The point of this game and the backstory exercises is to draw the group together, not to have one person define the entire plot of the first segment of the game. You're also getting considerably overburdened with NPCs, organizations, titles, and groups that do not exist in the corebook, which is something that I'm trying to walk away from, and quickly. Hell, in a previous post I mentioned that there was only a single Immaculate trying to hunt you down in Chiaroscuro, and you completely ignored that.

So, you know, it takes a rare moment for me to actually kick someone out but at this point, with these giant walls of texts, dozens of NPCs you made up on the fly, and a completely incoherent and relatively impossible plot to revolt against the realm, the guild, and the Delzhan Horde simultaneously for what seems to be no reason at all, I gotta say.

Udjat, you out. I wish you could have stayed around since I liked your first character, but this is too insane.

Four players.

Plutonium - Conlyth Gyler
    Ringo - Ledaal Ketan
    Horseshoe - Tsas Khan
    Lodwilk - The Ethereal Voice

I think I'll start the game at the precise moment that The Ethereal Voice has been rescued by the rest of the Circle. The defenders have been overpowered with relative ease, but the alarm is going and reinforcements are sure to arrive soon.

You've made hasty introductions and inducted Voice into the oathbound circle(thanks, Tsas Khan!)

If all four of you could make a quick post describing your state of mind, any plan you have for an exit, and anything else you feel is relevant, I can make the IC thread immediately after that.

Alternatively, if one of you has a better idea for a starting point and want to do something aside from jailbreaking, we can go there. I am, as always, open.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, it's Saturday. Guess I need to actually finish this before I start drinking. God I hate moving. Why do I do it so much? Anyway the big things:

Dropped the Secondy Dodge Excellency for Twisted Words Technique
    Dropped a point of Temperance for a point of Compassion (Willpower goes to 7)
    Set Conviction Flaw to Deliberate Cruelty
    Set Perfect Defense Flaw to Conviction
    Set Contacts to Ledaal Sansrin (Uncle) and other Ledaal functionaries
    Set Familiar to Intelligent Mospit named 'Traitor' a birthday gift from Ketan's mother
    Set Artifact to Orichalcum Dire Lance called "Truth" found in Chiaroscuro
    Set Intimacies to Traitor, Truth, Ledaal Sansrin, and Fine Brush Set
    Set Languages to Old Realm, High Realm, Low Realm, Flametongue, Riverspeak, Four Southern Tribes To Be Named Later (make Khan's one of the tribes, I guess)

Also I wanted a decent warhorse and some fine brushes for my calligraphy. Had that written up in my background which is somewhere in my boxes. 30th birthday presents from Ketan's Father and Uncle respectively (both his mother and father live in the Blessed Isle and have little contact with Ketan except through written messages).
    Ledaal Ketan
    Caste: Zenith
    Motivation: Destruction or Humiliation of the local Immaculate Order
    Concept: The Warrior Poet

Attributes: Strength 4, Dexterity 5, Stamina 2
    Charisma 5, Manipulation 2, Appearance 2,
    Perception 2, Intelligence 3, Wits 2

Virtues: Compassion 3, Conviction 4, Temperance 1, Valor 1
    Willpower: 7
    Essence: 3

Abilities: *Melee 5, *Thrown 1, War 1
    *Integrity 1, *Performance 2, *Presence 4, *Resistance 2, *Survival 1
    Lore 1
    *Athletics 1, Awareness 1, Dodge 3, Stealth 1
    Bureaucracy 1, *Linguistics 5, Ride 2, *Socialize 1

Backgrounds: Resources 3, Familiar (Intelligent Mospit named Traitor) 3, Artifact (Orichalum Dire Lance) 2, Contacts (House Ledaal; Ledaal Sansrin) 1

Charms:
    First Linguistics Excellency
    Sagacious Reading of Intent
    Flawless Brush Discipline
    Letter-Within-A-Letter Technique
    Twisted Words Technique
    First Melee Excellency
    Dipping Swallow Defense
    Bulwark Stance
    Heavenly Guardian Defense
    Solar Counterattack

Quick and Dirty Background: Born to Dragonborn parents of House Ledaal, Ketan was a dutiful son. When it was decided that House Ledaal needed to bolster its Legions, he put aside his thoughts of joining the Immaculate Order and trained to become a warrior. When his Legion was disbanded, he took his spear and shield to the South to work for his Uncle Ledall Sansrin doing the bidding of his House. It wasn't until his 30th birthday that Ketan Exalted during a day of fasting and praying alone. When he Exalted, Ketan found himself standing outside of all the structures and order he had thought to be the foundation of his life. In his doubt and confusion, he has dedicated himself to fulfilling the Immaculate Order's perception of a Solar: One who rebels and disrupts the standard order of things. To this end, he has been covertly attempting to foment rebellion within the South.

Well let's hope that's good enough, I'm so goddamned tired. I say starting with the breakout sounds like a fucking excellent idea.

Ketan's state of mind is close to absolute glee at actively thwarting the Order. He's excited that the Circles skills have taken them this far, and that he's been able to take an active hand for once. If anything, Ketan is edging towards blowing the plan and simply staying to fight. He hasn't felt this in tune with his destiny in a long time.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm a taaaaad drunk right now from my friends going away party to china. i shall post on Sunday.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Gyler's a little less enthusiastic about this jailbreak than Ketan.

Imagine! Weeks preparing for the visit of Tsas Khan, a meticulously planned survey of the Solars' efforts so far in the city, and an inside and out tour of the military fortifications of Chiaroscuro, all gone out the window.

Naturally, he understands that rumors of this magnitude (We just captured ourselved an Anathema!) demand immediate action. Nevertheless he's a bit disappointed that they have to resort to such an off-the-cuff method that completely comprises their three best-developed cover identities.

Imagine all the trouble that they went to - the massive amount of paperwork that needed filing, the enormous quantity of high-quality seals, signatures, and documents that Ketan had to forge by hand, all gone in an instant.

"Here's the plan!" Gyler called out from the side of the manse with the large file cabinet, deep under Chiarascuro. He pulled out three of the thicker folders, each stuffed full of official-looking documents, and tossed one of them to each of his companions, holding on to one of them himself.

"You're Ragara Granite, the Special Assistant to the Minister of Trade of Arjuf. You're Star Ring, the Ambassador from Kether Rock. I'm Assessor Greenjade of the Humble and Honest Assessors of the Imperial Tax Office."

"We bluff our way in, we blow our way out" He finished, hefting a satchel full a firedust over his shoulder.

"Let's move."

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Ethereal Voice would still be trying to cope with the Immaculate Order betraying him, and wouldn't mind letting out his frustration on anyone trying to stop the circles escape. His main priority would be to get out and learn a bit more about the three who had just rescued him. Yes they are Anathema, so he trusts them, but he knows nothing about them at this point in time.

As for a plan of exit, well he wasn't expecting to get free in this manner so he'll mainly follow the group and hope that they had the escape planned out ahead of time. If EV is being held in a location that he's been to personally than he will help the guide the group out.

At this point in time the only plan he has upon being freed is following the others, since they seem to have a plan/group mission already in place.

lodwilk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Khan did not like this new identity. The falcon perched upon his shoulder made a hissing noise. Apparently, he was unappy that his own identity had not been considered.

"I am Tsas Khan. I am nobody's assistant, ambassador, or clerk. This is plain to any who see me."

The Khan was also a bit disappointed that Gyler was considering keeping his weapons sheathed.

"I have hundreds of swift horsemen waiting nearby that will descend as soon as they hear my falcon's cry. And until they arrive, you are nearly an army unto yourself, Conlyth Gyler. If we are to fight our way out, why not just save the trouble of bluffing and fight our way in?"

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "The war your people long for is soon coming, Tsas Khan. But to strike such an open blow against the heart of Chiaroscuro would unify its proud people behind their corrupt rulers in the defense of their city."

"We must fill the hearts of the people of this city with hope and elation, so that your armies will be greeted as righteous liberators, not invaders. Blood shed in the streets would only spread fear and panic and drive the masses into the arms of their tyrants, and so we must use less honorable methods to rescue our captive brother or sister."

"Once safely behind the doors of the compound, there will yet be need for such violence, but if we are successful in making our escape, the Immaculate Order will suppress word of our actions for fear of embarrassment, and the people will not be turned against us."

"Tsas Khan will not find an invitation inside, but Ambassador Star Ring just might. It is only a momentary ruse, but it is an essential one."

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Very well... if you must see your ruse fail, so be it."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    come onnnnnnn thread

pluto

should we banter while we wait for an answer

(in the IC of course)

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nah, let's give the others a chance to get in a few words.

There's always the first-time IC jitters. You've spent so much time figuring out who your character is, now you have to become them.

Plutonium on