As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PS3 HDD update and transfer questions

DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
ok so i want to update, finally, my 60 gig. I wanna get something around 200+ for a decent price, but what I want to know is how does the transfer process work? would I also need an external HDD with usb to plug into the PS3 so that I can hold the files there before switching the HDD? and if so, wouldn't it just be better to just get an extrenal and just use that? Also would I be able to backup all the accounts I have on my system with game purchases tied to them? There are some I got from friends and don't remember the passwords but would like to know whether or not I can actually transfer 1) the content and 2) be able to get back to using the content afterwards.

and last but not least, what are some HDD's that definitely work with the PS3 and aren't tremendously expensive?

DarkSymphony on