Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WoW] Have you been posting? I'm sorry but I'll have to see some [RealID]!

1333435363739»

Posts

  • yellowdart2yellowdart2 Registered User
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Do you use Steam, by any chance?

    No. It works similarly?

    Where do you think the idea came from?

    Shit X-Box Live does the same thing, doesn't it?

    This isn't new or controversial.

    Sorry, I've never used Steam. I played WoW afterall :P

    The difference between Live and b.net is that I don't personally know the other 24 people that I play WoW with; they're just people I met online in a video game. All of my friends on Live are people I work with, friends from school, people who have my phone number to call me and say "get on Live let's throw down in Halo." I think there's a big difference between these two types of people - people I see and know in real life, and people I gather with twice a week to slay internet dragons.

    Edit: if you friend random people on Live that you enjoyed playing a match with, then you probably don't have a problem with b.net. I think there are arguments to be made on both sides.

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Do you use Steam, by any chance?

    No. It works similarly?

    Where do you think the idea came from?

    Shit X-Box Live does the same thing, doesn't it?

    This isn't new or controversial.

    Sorry, I've never used Steam. I played WoW afterall :P

    The difference between Live and b.net is that I don't personally know the other 24 people that I play WoW with; they're just people I met online in a video game. All of my friends on Live are people I work with, friends from school, people who have my phone number to call me and say "get on Live let's throw down in Halo." I think there's a big difference between these two types of people - people I see and know in real life, and people I gather with twice a week to slay internet dragons.

    Edit: if you friend random people on Live that you enjoyed playing a match with, then you probably don't have a problem with b.net. I think there are arguments to be made on both sides.

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

    At least until they decided that you should use your RealID with everyone in the world via the forums.

    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | LoL: Karulytic
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

    At least until they decided that you should use your RealID with everyone in the world via the forums.

    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

    At least until they decided that you should use your RealID with everyone in the world via the forums.

    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    That doesn't matter. The fact that they changed their mind after people complained doesn't negate the fact that they first advertised RealID as a 'IRL friends only' system and then tried to enforce posting with your real name on the forum. Posting with your real name on the forums is NOT 'IRL friends only'

    steam_sig.png
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    The only way to submit bug reports and to get tech support is via the forums.

    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When RealID was announced for WoW, people freaked out about the use of real names/email addresses. Blizzard justified the inclusion of real names by saying "you should only be sharing your RealID with people you know in real life and trust."

    (2?) weeks later Blizzard was telling us that our real names would be plastered all over the official forums if we wanted to use them. Obviously we have the choice to not use the forum, but the choice to make real names mandatory on the forums seems pretty counterintuitive to their "real names are precious and you should only share them with people close to you" line from less than a month beforehand.
    shryke wrote: »
    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    Except that the fact that they undecided it has (in my mind) much less to do with them having a change of heart and everything to do with the total shitstorm that came out of the idea.

    So either Blizzard doesn't actually care if random weirdos on the internet know who you are (and initially lied about it to calm people down), or they're actually stupid enough to think that most people would think this was a good idea.

    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | LoL: Karulytic
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

    At least until they decided that you should use your RealID with everyone in the world via the forums.

    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    That doesn't matter. The fact that they changed their mind after people complained doesn't negate the fact that they first advertised RealID as a 'IRL friends only' system and then tried to enforce posting with your real name on the forum. Posting with your real name on the forums is NOT 'IRL friends only'

    Except none of that has anything to do with the RealID Friends system.

    Those random people who now know your name because you posted on the forums? They can't see what game you are playing or what you are doing or whatever unless you let them.

  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

    At least until they decided that you should use your RealID with everyone in the world via the forums.

    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    That doesn't matter. The fact that they changed their mind after people complained doesn't negate the fact that they first advertised RealID as a 'IRL friends only' system and then tried to enforce posting with your real name on the forum. Posting with your real name on the forums is NOT 'IRL friends only'

    Except none of that has anything to do with the RealID Friends system.

    Those random people who now know your name because you posted on the forums? They can't see what game you are playing or what you are doing or whatever unless you let them.

    ...

    What conversation are you having?

    Because that certainly wasn't meant to be in response to anything I said. Do you not understand the conversation we are having here?

    steam_sig.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

    At least until they decided that you should use your RealID with everyone in the world via the forums.

    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    That doesn't matter. The fact that they changed their mind after people complained doesn't negate the fact that they first advertised RealID as a 'IRL friends only' system and then tried to enforce posting with your real name on the forum. Posting with your real name on the forums is NOT 'IRL friends only'

    Except none of that has anything to do with the RealID Friends system.

    Those random people who now know your name because you posted on the forums? They can't see what game you are playing or what you are doing or whatever unless you let them.

    ...

    What conversation are you having?

    Because that certainly wasn't meant to be in response to anything I said. Do you not understand the conversation we are having here?

    Do YOU? I mean, seriously, did you actually follow the conversatino at all? Or did you just jump in with comments that had nothing to do with what was being discussed? Why don't you actually pay attention to the conversation. Back track it to the original comments.

    The guy was complaining about people knowing every move he made on his character. People pointed out "That's just like Steam or XBL" and he's like "Well I only invite my RL friends to be my XBL friends".

    To which I responded "Yes, which is what you should then do with RealID also."

    Then a bunch of you were like "But the FORUMS!!!". Which is meaningless since the people who see your name on the forums still can't RealID Friend you unless you let them.

  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is what we refer to as tangential conversation.

    I honestly don't care if my "real friends" can see my status whenever I'm in the game. And really, using my real name with these people doesn't bother me a whole lot. Mostly I'm just amused at the dissonance between this bit from the Real-ID FAQ
    Real ID is a system designed to be used with people you know and trust in real life -- friends, co-workers and family.

    and the subsequent change to the forum
    Vaneras wrote:
    The first and most significant change is that in the near future, anyone posting or replying to a post on official Blizzard forums will be doing so using their Real ID.

    There's more than a little bit of a disconnect there.

    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | LoL: Karulytic
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Their response to the question about using a username instead of your real name confuses me. They want RealID to be used for people who already know each other right (that's what they seem to be saying anyway)? Wouldn't that mean they ALREADY know their names?

    Yes, but then that forces you to remember, as they put it, which one of your friends "Thrall123" is. Cause (hopefully) you don't call him that in real life.

    To put it another way, they want you to know that Brian is online, not that "HotSylvanasAss669" is online and then leave you going "Which one of my friends is that again?".

    That's their thinking right now anyway.


    That shit from the Q&A sounds perfect. Just bring something just like that Starcraft2 handle over to the WoW forums and everythings perfect.
    Do people actually have trouble remembering which real life friend is behind a user name? Have AIM, Xbox Live, Steam, etc. just been confusing the ever-loving shit out of people for the past decade or so?

    Patch 5.4 wrote:
    First win of the day now awards 150 Conquest Points (up from 100).
    Subsequent wins now awards 75 Conquest Points (up from 50).
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

    Those people you know IRL are the type of people you are SUPPOSED to use the RealID Friends list with.

    At least until they decided that you should use your RealID with everyone in the world via the forums.

    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    That doesn't matter. The fact that they changed their mind after people complained doesn't negate the fact that they first advertised RealID as a 'IRL friends only' system and then tried to enforce posting with your real name on the forum. Posting with your real name on the forums is NOT 'IRL friends only'

    Except none of that has anything to do with the RealID Friends system.

    Those random people who now know your name because you posted on the forums? They can't see what game you are playing or what you are doing or whatever unless you let them.

    ...

    What conversation are you having?

    Because that certainly wasn't meant to be in response to anything I said. Do you not understand the conversation we are having here?

    Do YOU? I mean, seriously, did you actually follow the conversatino at all? Or did you just jump in with comments that had nothing to do with what was being discussed? Why don't you actually pay attention to the conversation. Back track it to the original comments.

    The guy was complaining about people knowing every move he made on his character. People pointed out "That's just like Steam or XBL" and he's like "Well I only invite my RL friends to be my XBL friends".

    To which I responded "Yes, which is what you should then do with RealID also."

    Then a bunch of you were like "But the FORUMS!!!". Which is meaningless since the people who see your name on the forums still can't RealID Friend you unless you let them.

    Hmmm. Except none of that was in what I quoted.

    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    forty wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Their response to the question about using a username instead of your real name confuses me. They want RealID to be used for people who already know each other right (that's what they seem to be saying anyway)? Wouldn't that mean they ALREADY know their names?

    Yes, but then that forces you to remember, as they put it, which one of your friends "Thrall123" is. Cause (hopefully) you don't call him that in real life.

    To put it another way, they want you to know that Brian is online, not that "HotSylvanasAss669" is online and then leave you going "Which one of my friends is that again?".

    That's their thinking right now anyway.


    That shit from the Q&A sounds perfect. Just bring something just like that Starcraft2 handle over to the WoW forums and everythings perfect.
    Do people actually have trouble remembering which real life friend is behind a user name? Have AIM, Xbox Live, Steam, etc. just been confusing the ever-loving shit out of people for the past decade or so?

    Throughout several different games/servers, I am SniperGuy, Dohaeris, SniperGuy710, SniperGuy210, Morghulis, Katet, Kaerin, Kaerin 210...my friends have similar systems. At this point i've gotten to knowing what is where, but had I an option to see their real name regardless of the game I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat.

    Love that that's what the RealID system lets me solve. Although if it got changed to a single account name, that'd be nice, but for me it doesn't matter.

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    When RealID was announced for WoW, people freaked out about the use of real names/email addresses. Blizzard justified the inclusion of real names by saying "you should only be sharing your RealID with people you know in real life and trust."

    (2?) weeks later Blizzard was telling us that our real names would be plastered all over the official forums if we wanted to use them. Obviously we have the choice to not use the forum, but the choice to make real names mandatory on the forums seems pretty counterintuitive to their "real names are precious and you should only share them with people close to you" line from less than a month beforehand.
    shryke wrote: »
    Which they then undecided. And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    Except that the fact that they undecided it has (in my mind) much less to do with them having a change of heart and everything to do with the total shitstorm that came out of the idea.

    So either Blizzard doesn't actually care if random weirdos on the internet know who you are (and initially lied about it to calm people down), or they're actually stupid enough to think that most people would think this was a good idea.

    You say that, but there's 0 way for Blizzard to prove it differently. You've given them 2 bad options. What about, "Activision said we have to try this new system, so we'll roll it out. Oh shit, all of our users hate us for it. Lets change that back."

    I mean, that's basically what happened, right? There's not some grand conspiracy here to make everyone show each other their names.

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sometimes 2 bad options is all you get when you fuck up.

    Patch 5.4 wrote:
    First win of the day now awards 150 Conquest Points (up from 100).
    Subsequent wins now awards 75 Conquest Points (up from 50).
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah but people are acting like there's some huge conspiracy and Blizzard owes them fucking reperations for announcing a bad idea, then repealing it when people got touchy.

    Blizzard doesn't owe anyone shit for bringing up an idea and scrapping it. In my eyes, the company of Blizzard has returned to a neutral status. The one thing their customers didn't like, they changed. That's uh..good customer service?

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nobody's saying conspiracy but you.

    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | LoL: Karulytic
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    And I didn't say anyone else was.

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's a conspiracy. The government did it.

    And you can't have conspiracy without piracy.

    maybe nothing else is real
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig~medium.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm sorry but when you say "real names are private, personal information, only share them with people you trust" and then turn around and say "ok, if you want to post on a public forum you're going to have to use your real name," it makes the first comment seem pretty disingenuous.

    The fact that they changed their mind in light of the backlash doesn't make me think they have a newfound respect for privacy, they just responded to the rude awakening that their customers put more value on privacy than they do.

    End wrote: »
    And you can't have conspiracy without piracy.

    If there's one kind of piracy I don't like, it's conspiracy.

    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | LoL: Karulytic
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    Until you get some sort of bug or other issue and you either can't log into the game or once in game the GM tells you "use the forums for this type of issue".

    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm sorry but when you say "real names are private, personal information, only share them with people you trust" and then turn around and say "ok, if you want to post on a public forum you're going to have to use your real name," it makes the first comment seem pretty disingenuous.

    The fact that they changed their mind in light of the backlash doesn't make me think they have a newfound respect for privacy, they just responded to the rude awakening that their customers put more value on privacy than they do.

    And changed it back, at the will of their customers.

    So we should still be angry because...

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    Until you get some sort of bug or other issue and you either can't log into the game or once in game the GM tells you "use the forums for this type of issue".

    If you have an -actual- problem, phone support works too. The forums are -never- required.

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if we should be angry still or not, but we should probably be suspicious.

    maybe nothing else is real
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig~medium.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Well we should always be suspicious of things relating to our privacy. And clearly we are, otherwise this RealID thing would have snuck by.

    Yet, people are still complaining. Even though Blizzard fixed it to really the best of their ability. Which is why I am confused.

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I believe the specific word I used was "amused," not angry.

    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | LoL: Karulytic
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    End wrote: »
    I don't know if we should be angry still or not, but we should probably be suspicious.

    This! If nothing else, the recent debacle has shown that they have an extremely disturbed thought process. Or Activision does. In the end, it doesn't matter who had the bad idea. It was a horrid idea and the fact that someone up top thought it was awesome is something to be concerned about.

    steam_sig.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    Until you get some sort of bug or other issue and you either can't log into the game or once in game the GM tells you "use the forums for this type of issue".

    If you have an -actual- problem, phone support works too. The forums are -never- required.


    Have you ever tried calling them? Their phone queue has a maximum amount of people it can take, so if it's full you just get a dropped call.

    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    And it was still your choice whether to use the forums or not.

    Until you get some sort of bug or other issue and you either can't log into the game or once in game the GM tells you "use the forums for this type of issue".

    If you have an -actual- problem, phone support works too. The forums are -never- required.


    Have you ever tried calling them? Their phone queue has a maximum amount of people it can take, so if it's full you just get a dropped call.

    Yes, and? You still aren't required to use the forum. Keep calling back. At no point is RealID required. If all tech support had to go through the forums, they'd spend 90% of their time doing tech support FOR the forums.

    Is there any statistic on how many WoW players have posted there Vs. how many accounts are actually open?

    I actually have called them and got through and solved my issue. As did my girlfriend three weeks ago. Anecdotal, but really, they're not THAT busy all the time.

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RealID isn't required because you can just quit the game too! Brilliant!

    Patch 5.4 wrote:
    First win of the day now awards 150 Conquest Points (up from 100).
    Subsequent wins now awards 75 Conquest Points (up from 50).
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The reason people are still complaining is because this is still the beginning of how Activision Blizzard is trying to squeeze a little more out of their cash cow.

    First, Blizz started charging a ridiculous amount for name changes, faction changes, and server changes, all of which were repeatedly said to never be implemented. Whether you like it or hate it, they became possible, the prices of which have already become the accepted pricepoint. Same with pets and mounts.

    This pisses people off because many, many people believe that if you're paying $40 for a game and then an additional $15 every month for a game, you should have access to all the content in the game. (For the record, I have the mount because I'm a pretty pretty princess).

    Many people already feel betrayed at these practices, although many people also enjoy them, and the numbers have proven that these options are high demand.

    Then we get to battle.net, which Blizz said would be optional, and anyone who wanted to switch their WoW accounts would get a Mountain Dew robot, but your login name would be your email address, which seems like a pretty bad idea as it is. Next thing you know, it's mandatory and everyone who enjoyed having semi-anonymous login names were disappointed.

    This is complete speculation on my part, and I have absolutely no proof whatsoever to back up my claim, but even with the advent of the authenticator, it seems like account hacking and spam has gone up approximately 18 hojillion percent since they changed your login name to your email.


    Then we get to the realID. It was going to be a completely optional feature that allowed you to track your closest friends and family, so you could talk to them, no matter what game they were playing. Granted, it's still optional, but you have to jump through a hoop or two to turn it off if you think it's the debbul. I personally like it and use it with a few people.

    However, the whole forum hullabaloo changed everyone's opinion from "Meh, this might be ok" to "OMGWTF" and realID got lumped in with the forum change because your realID name is...well, your name.

    Nobody sane, and that includes the forum MVPs and many of the CSRs in the forum, thought this was anything but a terrible, terrible idea.

    Anyone who tried to prove how negligibly your privacy was infringed upon was met with all of their personal details thrown out for all to see, down to the color of the walls in their house. Within 15-20 minutes of posting their name.

    It went against everything Blizz had said about account privacy, from the tooltips on the loading screens to the FAQ about the realID and everything in between, posting your name is a bad idea for everyone except males named John Smith.

    There's no argument for the forum name change, except to be able to take advantage of Blizz's new deal with Facebook, which would generate $shitload for Blizz since they'd be adding 11 million real names to the targeted ads that Facebook generates revenue from.



    From all of this, there are many people that have realized that Blizz is no longer the altruistic company that exists solely to make you happy and fart kittens, but they have evolved into the stereotypical dirty conglomerate hellbent on killing nuns and.....wait for it.........making money.

    Blizz, before the Activision merger, had a flawless reputation that made Mother Teresa look like a biker running over kittens while blowing 10 of those annoying horns from the World Cup and pissing in your pancakes. Now, they are seen more as a company and less like a best friend, and that disappointed many, many people.

    Without that air of untouchability that Blizz has enjoyed for many years, they're lumped into the whole "Micro$oft they'll do anything for a buck" mindshare, and it seems like an out and out betrayal by those who saw Blizz as their blood brother.



  • reVersereVerse Never odd or even Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The people who complain that name changing, server switching and faction swapping aren't part of their 15e/month are idiots. The 15e enables you to roll a new character on a new server on the opposing faction. The extra you can pay to change your existing character is a luxury, not a mandatory gameplay feature.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I really don't understand the Facebook angle in this. What does facebook offer to most people who place this game? For me it seems people build a relationship? with other people in the game over time.


    The whole email is a log on is dumb when you think of the fact most people have 1 or 2 email accounts

    A semi off topic thing is this state until recently was charging a sales tax when i would do business with blizzard so it was one of the many reasons I don't do the other services.
    When it comes to the 15 dollars a month most people do not understand what blizzard does with it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5WEI9i6Ls

    A.jpg
  • Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Because it's Facebook! Or should I say FA$EBOOK?!?!

    Ignore the fact that as of right now, the only interaction between the two is, if you want it to, battle.net will scan your facebook friends and tell you which ones have battle.net accounts.

    THEY WILL NEED A TRAIN TO MOVE THE DOLLARS

  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If I used Facebook I'd probably integrate it with my b.net account for SC2 purposes, I think.

  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    forty wrote: »
    RealID isn't required because you can just quit the game too! Brilliant!

    It's also not required because you can resub under the name Phineas Q. Butterfat!
    Brilliantx2!

    shamanhealingwave.jpgabilitypaladinshieldofv.png
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    forty wrote: »
    RealID isn't required because you can just quit the game too! Brilliant!

    It's also not required because you can resub under the name Phineas Q. Butterfat!
    Brilliantx2!
    Rebuying the battle chest and purchasing character transfers for most accounts? I guess we're seeing the triplebrilliant truth of all this finally rearing its ugly head...

    "In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."
Sign In or Register to comment.