As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Transformers: Fall of Cybertron] Available now. Roll out!

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That DLC makes me so happy. I can't wait.

For PS3, is it pretty safe buying with a credit card from PSN? Or is it a fiasco like with 360? I'd rather not get a $20 PSN card from a store since I only need $10 for the DLC.

It's super easy. You save your credit card number and whenever you buy something it just charges the exact amount.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait, no DLC for PCs?

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »

For PS3, is it pretty safe buying with a credit card from PSN? Or is it a fiasco like with 360? I'd rather not get a $20 PSN card from a store since I only need $10 for the DLC.

It's super easy. You save your credit card number and whenever you buy something it just charges the exact amount.

Can you not save it? Because on 360, it's like once you put your card on there, you can't take it off unless you jump through some hoops and it's a whole load of crap.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »

Can you not save it? Because on 360, it's like once you put your card on there, you can't take it off unless you jump through some hoops and it's a whole load of crap.

Sorry, not sure.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Edit: NightSlyr, where do you see the connective pieces when not combined?

I found them, I think, by following a link in the comments. It may have been in the comments for one of the specific Dinobots (most likely Grimlok). The connective pieces become Wheelie's fortress. Some of it looks off - he couldn't find a way to hide the hands from looking like hands - but overall it was a clever solution to the old "what do I do with the extra bits?" problem.

Oh yeah, the fortress transforms, too....

If I had $$, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. It's thematically on point, looks great, and embodies how I saw G1 as a kid. Every part of it has a purpose, it looks to be brilliantly engineered... I just can't stop looking at it.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Here's some robot mode pics:
    1444923-vid00025_010.jpg

1444918-vid00025_001.jpg

1444920-vid00025_006.jpg

1444922-vid00025_009.jpg

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Edit: NightSlyr, where do you see the connective pieces when not combined?

I found them, I think, by following a link in the comments. It may have been in the comments for one of the specific Dinobots (most likely Grimlok). The connective pieces become Wheelie's fortress. Some of it looks off - he couldn't find a way to hide the hands from looking like hands - but overall it was a clever solution to the old "what do I do with the extra bits?" problem.

Oh yeah, the fortress transforms, too....

If I had $$, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. It's thematically on point, looks great, and embodies how I saw G1 as a kid. Every part of it has a purpose, it looks to be brilliantly engineered... I just can't stop looking at it.

Found it. Wow. Even the connective pieces have an altmode.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/dinobots-wheelie-mastodon-sabertooth-boneyard-and-moon-base-55-t67376.php

Delzhand on
  • Options
    SakeSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Trying out a new build recently for my scientist. Calling him Ramjet, and I'm sure some of you can guess how I use him based off his name. Currently lvl 14.
    Primary- EMP Shotgun
    Secondary- Photon Burst Rifle
    Shockwave
    Disguise
    Energon Storm
    Master of Disguise
    Weapon Stabilizer
    I have been tearing people apart with this build over the last two days, almost always end up 1st or 2nd on my team, and the exp. is really coming in good, even if my K/D ain't that good. (think its the points for double agent that are really doin it for me) I feel like an ass when someone who needs health stops in front of me, expecting heals, and I just ditch him. but oh well, healing is Dr. Horrible's job. What are some of your favorite builds on your classes?

Sake on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Probably my favourite class is my Scout class called 'Fischer'

Scatter Blaster/Null Ray
    Cloaking/Mark Target
    Ghost/Surprise Attack/Weapon Stabalizer

Nothing quite like scaring the shit out of an enemy by coming out of cloak with the Scatter Blaster firing away.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate that skirt on Masterpiece Starscream.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate that skirt on Masterpiece Starscream.

I understand your complaint, but I find it a rather elegant solution. I mean, in the G1 cartoon, you never saw Starscream with those giant tail fins on his feet, right? So it would've been weird to have them attached like that. Ultimately, both approaches result in an inaccurate cartoon model, but at least this one doesn't just resemble the 1984 toy.

And it doesn't really strike me as a "skirt." I read somewhere that the Takara designer meant for them to be reminiscent of two swords hanging from the waist, like a samurai. It works for me. *shrug*

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So happy about the DLC. Transformers has become my go to multiplayer title.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey I picked this game up on Amazon's sale the other day.

Jesus fuck is it hard. I'm doing the campaign on Medium and I die so often. I'm not even sure I get the point of a melee attack in this context because it winds up costing me a ton of health just do it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bamelin wrote: »
    So happy about the DLC. Transformers has become my go to multiplayer title.

Yeah, I totally get that. It may completely ape the leveling and perk system from Call of Duty, but I actually have fun playing this online, whereas MW2 is an exercise in frustration.

Ceno on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Jesus fuck is it hard. I'm doing the campaign on Medium and I die so often. I'm not even sure I get the point of a melee attack in this context because it winds up costing me a ton of health just do it.

It's not hard as long as you're willing to play it 'lame'. You aren't going to be melee'ing shit. Most active abilities are pointless (best ones are buffs, shields, and dash IMO... whirlwind blows because you'll take too much damage).

Weapon choice should be long range. Snipers, 3 shot rifles, etc. Avoid shotguns/rockets. Then just play it lame and be as far back as possible and pick things off. I beat it solo on hard doing this mostly.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    aBlank wrote: »

It's not hard as long as you're willing to play it 'lame'. You aren't going to be melee'ing shit. Most active abilities are pointless (best ones are buffs, shields, and dash IMO... whirlwind blows because you'll take too much damage).

Weapon choice should be long range. Snipers, 3 shot rifles, etc. Avoid shotguns/rockets. Then just play it lame and be as far back as possible and pick things off. I beat it solo on hard doing this mostly.

Don't be shy about transforming. A lot of the boss battles are designed around the fact that you can become a vehicle almost instantly. Figure transforming into your strategy as much as cover or weapon selection, and you will become more effective and have more fun too.

Ceno on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There are some rooms that are just murder regardless of your strategy. I had serious problems with the room where there's a giant megatron head-display pillar and hordes of generics and flyers spawn.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Quick update: Looks like the initial report that the XBL pack would be hitting a day later was false. The pack will be available for both systems on 7/27. OP has been updated.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ceno wrote: »
    aBlank wrote: »

Don't be shy about transforming. A lot of the boss battles are designed around the fact that you can become a vehicle almost instantly. Figure transforming into your strategy as much as cover or weapon selection, and you will become more effective and have more fun too.

When you're playing the Megatron missions and you're Megatron, use drain. Seriously. That is the life-saving ability for him.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Is that what his second ability does? I had no idea what it does. I thought it was just a defensive shield or something.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Is that what his second ability does? I had no idea what it does. I thought it was just a defensive shield or something.

Yes, he unleashes this orange energy beam that drains health from all enemies within range. And IIRC, you can still kill people with your weapons.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was hoping for info for the PC version, I still have it in my wishlist. If Activision isn't going to let High Moon just patch it in since they can't charge since they only allowed HM to do a basic port that didn't accommodate DLC, there isn't much point to me getting it then. =\

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    übergeek wrote: »
    I was hoping for info for the PC version, I still have it in my wishlist. If Activision isn't going to let High Moon just patch it in since they can't charge since they only allowed HM to do a basic port that didn't accommodate DLC, there isn't much point to me getting it then. =\

Yes there is.

It's a fun game that has a startling amount of depth in multiplayer! It's just never going to be patched, updated, or expanded upon. I'm seriously hoping for a PC mod community.

Fuck Bobby Kotick. I'm almost hoping Starcraft II loses them a ton of money, just because if Activistion can fuck that up, maybe they'll fire the douche. Except it would probably be blamed on Blizzard, so never mind.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shadowen wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »

Yes there is.

It's a fun game that has a startling amount of depth in multiplayer! It's just never going to be patched, updated, or expanded upon. I'm seriously hoping for a PC mod community.

Fuck Bobby Kotick. I'm almost hoping Starcraft II loses them a ton of money, just because if Activistion can fuck that up, maybe they'll fire the douche. Except it would probably be blamed on Blizzard, so never mind.

There is no conceivable way Starcraft II will lose money. A Blizzard exec could take a shit in a box, call it a Zergling, and sell 400 hojillion copies.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man, $10 is definite maybe... i need to decide how much i like the online...

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm liking Onslaught's design quite a bit, might have to switch from Soundwave's Chassis occasionally. I also enjoy how they just took Brawl's scene from Chapter III and pasted Scattershot's skin over it, so he's actually slaughtering other Autobots. Though I do find it depressing that Shockwave looks so badass, since his skill set is so utterly terrible in Escalation.

I also really hope a patch is released at the same time as the DLC to fix some of the various bugs and issues.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can any PC users tell me how well the graphics scale down on this? I'm at or a smidge above the reqs except my cpu is an oldish dual core 3.0ghz.

Is it like say... GTA4 which runs terribly no matter how low i set the settings, or can I set things to medium / low and enjoy the game

edit: Too Late! I'll be finding out the hard way. reading that there's only res and texture settings and some good testimonials i'm not worried

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, the DLC is definatly tempting. What class was Jazz, out of curiosity?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    He's a Scout. He's my favorite of the 3 Autobot choices for my multiplayer chassis.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thought so, thanks.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The new characters look awesome. I feel like I almost owe it to them to get this DLC, since I got the game for 25 bucks with the sale at gamestop, my edge card, and the 25% extra trade in credit I got from trading a game in towards it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I'm pretty excited to get the new chassis, but 2 more multi maps will be very nice to see also. If they're good.

I like pretty much all the multi maps though, except for Streets. Well, Streets is alright in TDM, but it's awful in Conquest.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm not really interested in multiplayer, so I'll probably pass on the DLC. Shame there isn't a special "bonus" mode where you could run through the SP campaign as other characters.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm. Yeah, I could see that working...maybe replacing one character per mission with one character from the DLC. Onslaught instead of Brawl for the first Con mission (he's not a soldier, but whateves), say Shockwave instead of Thundercracker for the second, and so on. It would require new voice acting, of course...

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Hmmm. Yeah, I could see that working...maybe replacing one character per mission with one character from the DLC. Onslaught instead of Brawl for the first Con mission (he's not a soldier, but whateves), say Shockwave instead of Thundercracker for the second, and so on. It would require new voice acting, of course...

EDIT: I mention it as a bonus mode so they wouldn't need to change voice acting or cutscenes or whatnot. Just either turn them off or not worry about it at all.

However, if they make a sequel, I think being able to modify your roster in SP should be a must. It'd require more work, but RPG's get away with it all the time.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Finally got my first class up 25 (scientist). 10 to go in both leader and soldier, then 12 in scout. New maps should make that less of a grind.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Made level 20 in Soldier. I'm starting to get the hang of the Neutron Assault Rifle, as well as getting more comfortable in melee. I'm even learning to handle characters with Warcry on them. Scouts are still my bane, though.

I have 0 levels in other classes, though. So that'll be fun when I max out Soldier. D:

(I decided to take them in order of difficulty. I started as Soldier because that's just standard run/gun/smash. I was a pretty good sniper in UT, so I think I'll probably be Scout next. Then Leader, because it's a bit like the Soldier, but with a conditional "I Win" button. And finally the Scientist, which I understand is the hardest class to play right.)

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So I joined into an active Conquest game, capture Point A by myself, and notice Point B is being contested back and forth so I roll in with my Soldier blasting shit and throwing grenades, kill a couple enemies, and then I get a message saying "boosting, knock it off"

Man, fuck that. Both teams, all of them were just boosting, each capturing the point back and forth. So goddamn annoying, I harassed them for awhile. It sucked, because I would quit, but the servers would keep tossing me back into that game.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You mean you got like a message from the game telling you to knock it off?

DarkPrimus on