Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Transformers: Fall of Cybertron] Available now. Roll out!

145791044

Posts

  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I joined into an active Conquest game, capture Point A by myself, and notice Point B is being contested back and forth so I roll in with my Soldier blasting shit and throwing grenades, kill a couple enemies, and then I get a message saying "boosting, knock it off"

    Man, fuck that. Both teams, all of them were just boosting, each capturing the point back and forth. So goddamn annoying, I harassed them for awhile. It sucked, because I would quit, but the servers would keep tossing me back into that game.

    I've heard about Boosters, but haven't encountered it myself (well, not in action, but I've seen people who almost certainly had boosted considering they had prime mode and multiple 25s within the first week). I'm not quite sure why the hell someone would bother, it seems like its making the game more work than fun. Kind of wish there was something to penalize them, but I suppose they're technically not doing anything wrong.

  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro Frame Runner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You mean you got like a message from the game telling you to knock it off?

    No, like one of the guys messaged me through the PS3 interface. What audacity right?

    zcvOnOq.png
    PSN & XBL - OFRunner | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus IT'S DARE! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You mean you got like a message from the game telling you to knock it off?

    No, like one of the guys messaged me through the PS3 interface. What audacity right?

    Yeah, fuck him. I wish I could boost, because it takes forever for me to level, even when I'm doing great.

    spartasig.gif
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro Frame Runner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You mean you got like a message from the game telling you to knock it off?

    No, like one of the guys messaged me through the PS3 interface. What audacity right?

    Yeah, fuck him. I wish I could boost, because it takes forever for me to level, even when I'm doing great.

    I never want to boost. Once I got my Scout to 25, even though it was my favorite class, I didn't want to play it as much because I wasn't gaining anything. So boosting would make me reach that endpoint faster and in a much more lame and boring way. Fuck them. They should have made it a private match if they didn't want me killing them.

    zcvOnOq.png
    PSN & XBL - OFRunner | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus IT'S DARE! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hahaha, so he was complaining because you were beating them up? Classic.

    spartasig.gif
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 I believe they disproved that on Mythbusters... Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I still remember the first time I was booted out of a CoD4 game for actually doing well (complete with 'fuck off' message), it's sad to see it here.

    You have giant, gun-wielding robots at your command, why the fuck would you do something as boring as play pass the parcel with a conquest point?

  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus IT'S DARE! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God now I'm realizing that when I play with randoms, that must be the reason points get re-captured so quickly. I hurry around frantically killing the opposing team and re-taking points solo while the rest of the team does god-knows-what, and the reason is because I'm not in on it.

    spartasig.gif
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 I believe they disproved that on Mythbusters... Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It could also be the fact that pubs often consider that type of game mode as Unlimited Team Death Match.

  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there a list of people who play this? We need to just add each other. I'm sick of randoms too. I'm on 360. GT is in my sig.

    steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There is a metatag in the OP.

    Also, vid up on XBL Marketplace detailing new maps. The new Escalation maps feature randomized events like a thick fog rolling in or blackouts that keep you from purchasing from the kiosks.

  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It could also be the fact that pubs often consider that type of game mode as Unlimited Team Death Match.

    Indeed. I can't count the number of times the enemy team had a ridiculously good Kill/Death ratio but lost in Conquest because they were too busy trying to keep themselves alive or pick off stragglers to take the god damned points.

    @anoffday: There is the "Eroticons" tag for the 360. As far as people who play this, I took a short break (about a week) and I just started playing Single Player again to get the controls back down. My live ID is "DamustheWolf" for reference. Not sure how much I'll play when Blazblue Continuum Shift comes out this week, but with the DLC coming out too I'll probably be playing around with some of the characters.

  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I never want to boost. Once I got my Scout to 25, even though it was my favorite class, I didn't want to play it as much because I wasn't gaining anything. So boosting would make me reach that endpoint faster and in a much more lame and boring way. Fuck them. They should have made it a private match if they didn't want me killing them.

    You're an idiot. Private matches don't give any xp. Why would they boost for no xp?

    If you don't want to boost, that's fine. Everybody has different goals while playing this game. But uh, if you enter into a room and find out everyone around you is boosting, you should either happily play along or just leave. Harrassing everyone just makes you an asshole. Yes, an asshole. When you're the only one going against the rest of the server and you're not ignorant of what they're trying to do, you're the problem. You're not a unique snowflake, you're just being a prick, a thorn in the side of others trying to peacefully coexist. It's not your fault that the matchmaking keeps sticking you into their games. It's not your fault if you haven't caught on to what everyone else is doing (Though it's pretty clear that something's going on when you see the entire enemy team clustered around a node and not firing at you). But if you do know what they're all about, and you insist on staying and going contrary to the prevailing majority, and getting cheap kills when no one's actually trying to fight, then it is your fault for being a douche.

    Technically, you're not doing anything wrong, no one can report you or anything. But if you intentionally go out of your way to ruin the fun for 9 other people playing online (boosting being their idea of fun), well... what can I say. That's just not something I respect. That's something to be loathed. It's the sort of antisocial behavior that happens all too often on Xbox live.

    2212462-batsig.jpg
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So... he's a geesehole for trying to play the game? The game where, as a general rule, you kill the opposing players?

    I disagree. The silly geese were the ones who are standing around not doing anything fun trying to grow their e-peens.

    Anyone up for some Escalation or Multi tonight? Eroticons, assemble! Form Superidong!

    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm down. About what time do you think you'll be on?

    steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So... he's a geesehole for trying to play the game? The game where, as a general rule, you kill the opposing players?

    I disagree. The silly geese were the ones who are standing around not doing anything fun trying to grow their e-peens.

    Anyone up for some Escalation or Multi tonight? Eroticons, assemble! Form Superidong!

    I'll be game around 10ish PM EST.

  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So... he's a geesehole for trying to play the game? The game where, as a general rule, you kill the opposing players?

    I disagree. The silly geese were the ones who are standing around not doing anything fun trying to grow their e-peens.

    He's trying to play the game in a manner contrary to the established norms of the community he's in (the 9 other people on the server). There are societal standards that one must be aware of. Him transpressing against that standard is immature and yea, being an asshole.

    "Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. " -Spock, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

    2212462-batsig.jpg
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So what, if the game keeps putting him in that group every time he quits and tries again, he should just not play the game? That's bullshit.

    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • DeMoNDeMoN Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Besides, boosters aren't real people. It doesn't matter if they're angry!

    PSN: Toxic_Cizzle Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • CenoCeno Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So... he's a geesehole for trying to play the game? The game where, as a general rule, you kill the opposing players?

    I disagree. The silly geese were the ones who are standing around not doing anything fun trying to grow their e-peens.

    He's trying to play the game in a manner contrary to the established norms of the community he's in (the 9 other people on the server). There are societal standards that one must be aware of. Him transpressing against that standard is immature and yea, being an asshole.

    "Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. " -Spock, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

    That's rigoddamndiculous. He's playing the game (the standard of which is defined by the rules of the game's various modes i.e. "take over conquest points by killing other players in order to win"). They are subverting that standard to boost their xp. Just because they outnumber him doesn't mean they're not the assholes.

  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ceno wrote: »
    So... he's a geesehole for trying to play the game? The game where, as a general rule, you kill the opposing players?

    I disagree. The silly geese were the ones who are standing around not doing anything fun trying to grow their e-peens.

    Anyone up for some Escalation or Multi tonight? Eroticons, assemble! Form Superidong!

    I'll be game around 10ish PM EST.

    I might be able to get on if I can wrestle the TV away from my sister.

  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I should be on at 10 ET as well.

    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
  • CenoCeno Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I should be on at 10 ET as well.

    May be a little after 10 for me. Be on asap.

  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I might be around for some escalation. I've never actually tried the mode yet.

    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So what, if the game keeps putting him in that group every time he quits and tries again, he should just not play the game? That's bullshit.

    The matchmaking's to blame, then. Though given how many games there usually are, it's very unlikely that he'll try again and again and keep getting the same group. That hasn't been my experience.

    2212462-batsig.jpg
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well if you read his post, it sounds like it was his experience.

    Anyway, just added Eroticons to my buddy list. I'll be around for a while if anyone wants to play.

    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro Frame Runner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I never want to boost. Once I got my Scout to 25, even though it was my favorite class, I didn't want to play it as much because I wasn't gaining anything. So boosting would make me reach that endpoint faster and in a much more lame and boring way. Fuck them. They should have made it a private match if they didn't want me killing them.

    You're an idiot. Private matches don't give any xp. Why would they boost for no xp?

    If you don't want to boost, that's fine. Everybody has different goals while playing this game. But uh, if you enter into a room and find out everyone around you is boosting, you should either happily play along or just leave. Harrassing everyone just makes you an asshole. Yes, an asshole. When you're the only one going against the rest of the server and you're not ignorant of what they're trying to do, you're the problem. You're not a unique snowflake, you're just being a prick, a thorn in the side of others trying to peacefully coexist. It's not your fault that the matchmaking keeps sticking you into their games. It's not your fault if you haven't caught on to what everyone else is doing (Though it's pretty clear that something's going on when you see the entire enemy team clustered around a node and not firing at you). But if you do know what they're all about, and you insist on staying and going contrary to the prevailing majority, and getting cheap kills when no one's actually trying to fight, then it is your fault for being a douche.

    Technically, you're not doing anything wrong, no one can report you or anything. But if you intentionally go out of your way to ruin the fun for 9 other people playing online (boosting being their idea of fun), well... what can I say. That's just not something I respect. That's something to be loathed. It's the sort of antisocial behavior that happens all too often on Xbox live.

    For one, I was not aware that Privates did not offer XP. Doesn't that tell you something though? Why would they take XP out from Private matches?

    It put me into that game 4 times in a row until I settled with TDM instead of Conquest.

    Also you need to chill out. Doesn't matter what your logic or opinion is, it's not correct, it's not the rule. You could argue that THEY are a thorn in multiplayers side, since a majority of people want to play the game as intended, not boosting. Technically, wasn't I boosting, getting some easy kills? What's wrong with my mode of boosting, huh? Because it was at odds with their method? Who's right?

    Don't try to lecture me.

    zcvOnOq.png
    PSN & XBL - OFRunner | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    I beat the single player today. A bit disappointed with the ending, but it fits the continuity. Gonna go achievement hunting pretty soon.

    And I played some online with Arcee as a Scout. It was fun. A bit frustrating but once I learned the ability that does extra damage when you come out of stealth it was all SWORD AND SHOTGUN IN YO BACK BITCHES.

    Good times were had by me.

  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It put me into that game 4 times in a row until I settled with TDM instead of Conquest.

    That's very unfortunate. I guess the matchmaking isn't perfect. Sorry to hear that.
    Also you need to chill the fuck out. Doesn't matter what your logic or opinion is, it's not correct, it's not the rule. You could argue that THEY are a thorn in multiplayers side, since a majority of people want to play the game as intended, not boosting. Technically, wasn't I boosting, getting some easy kills? What's wrong with my mode of boosting, huh? Because it was at odds with their method? Who's right?

    I'm pretty chill, dude. I don't enter games and deliberately try to fuck with people.

    My logic is correct, in that... you really shouldn't be going around harrassing other players who aren't harrassing you. I think that's a valid opinion to hold. When we were all in kindergarten back in the day, what were we taught? That's right, "play nice with others." At least, that's what I was taught. It's a fundamental rule. You just seem pissy that I happened to call you out on your antagonistic antisocial behavior. You could argue that they're a thorn in multiplayer's side, but that would be a silly argument to make. They aren't a thorn in anyone's side, because they're harmoniously playing together in a closed environment. They're playing the game how they want to, and it's perfectly valid. There's nothing wrong with agreeing to gain nodes in the most efficient manner possible. It may not be to your liking, but the majority trumps the minority. If you don't like how they're playing, just leave. Staying and being annoying is a dick move. A majority of people in the entire Xbox Live community might want to play the game without boosting, but those people don't figure into this particular situation. The server's just 10 players, that's the only community that matters for this scenario. Local communal standards matter more than some international consensus. I don't give a rat's ass what's happening over on some other hosted game, it doesn't affect me at all.

    And yea, you technically were boosting. What's wrong is that you're harrassing everyone who's trying to play a different way. They aren't going out of their way to harrass you, you're harrassing them. One guy going out and harrassing nine other people is something that's generally frowned upon in society. Fortunately, there are adequate repercussions in real life. Who's right? Well, the nine people playing together and having fun are in the right. The one person being a pest is in the wrong. It's not that hard to grasp.
    Don't try to lecture me.

    Oh I didn't try. I did.

    2212462-batsig.jpg
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    For one, I was not aware that Privates did not offer XP. Doesn't that tell you something though? Why would they take XP out from Private matches?

    I suppose it's to avoid easy XP. Think about it--some friends set up a private game and take turns setting things up so that they're getting the maximum amount of XP possible from killing each other (making easy multi-kills, positioning themselves so that Whirlwind Attack hits the most amount of people possible, etc.).

    As I've noted before, I play PC multiplay. I go by Macdeth. I've recently received a friend request from a "fopnedfe". Is that anyone here?

  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Once again, I will say that it's total bullshit that he should be expected to just not play the game because the only group he gets matched with is boosting.

    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • CenoCeno Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So strength in numbers = a correct opinion? What about the thousands of real-life examples that completely contradict that? For that matter, what about the nine or so people that think you're wrong, Delta? Are we now right?

    Also, people who are "pretty chill" don't go around calling other people idiots. Get the fuck outta here with that crap.

  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And yea, you technically were boosting. What's wrong is that you're harrassing everyone who's trying to play a different way. They aren't going out of their way to harrass you, you're harrassing them. One

    Emphasis mine. The people boosting weren't actually playing the game, they were doing what amounted to a circle jerk in an attempt to maximize experience point gain so they could unlock the perks and abilities of the classes earlier to gain an advantage over other players. Because let's face it, there are perks which are clearly better than others and some of them come at later levels.

    The developers do not want players doing this, evidenced by the fact that they made Private Matches give no experience to limit farmers. Taking it to Public Matches runs the risk of people who want to actually play the game joining, and the boosters disrupting their game time which is a bigger problem since they're actually playing as the developers intended and the game mode itself describes as opposed to just farming XP.

  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, honestly, if you want to try and bend the game into something the developers don't want it to be then go ahead, but you're going to run into people who want to actually play the game and I have no sympathy for people who whine about having difficulty cheating.

    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ceno wrote: »
    So strength in numbers = a correct opinion? What about the thousands of real-life examples that completely contradict that? For that matter, what about the nine or so people that think you're wrong, Delta? Are we now right?

    Well, I'm not sure if the people who think I'm wrong are the majority. There's such a thing as the silent majority, ya know. If you guys were, then all that would mean is that griefing is the accepted norm of the PA community.

    And anyways, not wanting to boost is not an incorrect opinion. Just as wanting to boost is not an incorrect opinion. Both are completely valid. It's just a preference. However, where Forever Zefiro went wrong was trying to punish that majority for not holding to his personal preference. Being a disruptive force against a larger whole that isn't acting as you want it to... that's just being selfish and needlessly adverse. Remember your kindergarten lessons. And if you don't like it, just leave.

    2212462-batsig.jpg
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Iblis wrote: »
    And yea, you technically were boosting. What's wrong is that you're harrassing everyone who's trying to play a different way. They aren't going out of their way to harrass you, you're harrassing them. One

    Emphasis mine. The people boosting weren't actually playing the game, they were doing what amounted to a circle jerk in an attempt to maximize experience point gain so they could unlock the perks and abilities of the classes earlier to gain an advantage over other players. Because let's face it, there are perks which are clearly better than others and some of them come at later levels.

    The developers do not want players doing this, evidenced by the fact that they made Private Matches give no experience to limit farmers. Taking it to Public Matches runs the risk of people who want to actually play the game joining, and the boosters disrupting their game time which is a bigger problem since they're actually playing as the developers intended and the game mode itself describes as opposed to just farming XP.

    The people boosting are capturing nodes. That sounds like playing the game to me. The point of Conquest is to capture nodes, and that's what they're doing.

    And just because someone's not actually playing as the developers intended doesn't mean they're in the wrong. People bought the game, they can play it however they want to, as long as they're not cheating. And no, I don't consider farming XP to be cheating.

    2212462-batsig.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Iblis wrote: »
    And yea, you technically were boosting. What's wrong is that you're harrassing everyone who's trying to play a different way. They aren't going out of their way to harrass you, you're harrassing them. One

    Emphasis mine. The people boosting weren't actually playing the game, they were doing what amounted to a circle jerk in an attempt to maximize experience point gain so they could unlock the perks and abilities of the classes earlier to gain an advantage over other players. Because let's face it, there are perks which are clearly better than others and some of them come at later levels.

    The developers do not want players doing this, evidenced by the fact that they made Private Matches give no experience to limit farmers. Taking it to Public Matches runs the risk of people who want to actually play the game joining, and the boosters disrupting their game time which is a bigger problem since they're actually playing as the developers intended and the game mode itself describes as opposed to just farming XP.
    This. :^:

    I don't care what anyone says. There is no arguing with this statement. Let's all hereby agree that if anyone even attempts to disagree and argue with this statement then they will from here on out be completely ignored in this thread.

    I still can't believe that you are telling people who just want to play the game that they are harassing the boosters. That's like telling aborted babies that they are harassing their mother's wombs.

    steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hoookay, things are taking a turn. Let's get back to basics here.

    Gee, I'm sure excited about that DLC! Wish it was cheaper though. That Activision is sure up to its usual hrglbrgl

  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

    And just because someone's not actually playing as the developers intended doesn't mean they're in the wrong.

    The point isn't about right and wrong, the point is that they are twisting the game into something that they want it to be, and anyone who expects to do that needs to understand that there are going to be players that play the game the way it's intended to be. They are making the choice to go against the spirit of the game, and as far as I'm concerned that means anyone who doesn't want to play by their made-up rules has every right to not play along with it. If they have trouble boosting like they want to, tough shit. That's not what the game is about, so they should be expecting difficulties doing it. It's not the job of the players who play the game normally to stay out of their way or submit to their boosting.

    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro Frame Runner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, in a society, it is ok for a minorty to go against what the majority holds as the proper way to act, as long as the minorty is compartmentalized from the majority?

    Even if you think that's correct, in this situation, the common majority can be randomly tossed into this compartment without wanting to be in that situation. So it would make them wrong to continue with the behavior that the majority holds when they're tossed into this?

    What if the game was just 4 people at first, 2 vs 2, but they were boosting. I get tossed in and start playing, and they tell me to knock it off. But eventually 5 non-boosters join, so that we are now the majority. Were we wrong to stay in and keep playing how we wanted until we became the majority in that particular game? 6 of us, 4 of them, fuck those boosters, we're the majority now, right?

    Look, you're not intellectual multiplayer teacher. From other's responses, it seems you're in the minority with your argument, so you must be wrong here, right?
    Shadowen wrote: »
    For one, I was not aware that Privates did not offer XP. Doesn't that tell you something though? Why would they take XP out from Private matches?

    I suppose it's to avoid easy XP. Think about it--some friends set up a private game and take turns setting things up so that they're getting the maximum amount of XP possible from killing each other (making easy multi-kills, positioning themselves so that Whirlwind Attack hits the most amount of people possible, etc.).

    As I've noted before, I play PC multiplay. I go by Macdeth. I've recently received a friend request from a "fopnedfe". Is that anyone here?

    Exactly, so it seems High Moon was trying to get people to not boost right? If the creator of a world doesn't want you to do something, am I still the jerk for following the creators desires?

    zcvOnOq.png
    PSN & XBL - OFRunner | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm jazzed to have a second Decepticon leader chassis. Soundwave is distinctive enough that I haven't been able to come up with a color scheme that differentiates him to my liking. I can at least make all my other characters into an original creation.

    I haven't yet gone so far as to give each of my multiplayer chassi a name/background, but the idea is ticking the back of my mind.

    sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
145791044
Sign In or Register to comment.