As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Quest (PA)IX!! FINAL INSTRUCTIONS!! OP UPDATED!! I'M YELLING!

• Options
    Lynx_Lynx_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Solelron wrote: »
    and who knows. maybe NOA will suprise us all with a handful of new maps and DLC at their booth >:)

" Nintendo will provide DRAGON QUEST IX owners at the show with a special downloadable “Orgodemir” map via the game’s cooperative “Tag Mode” feature. "

:mrgreen:

poor expo hall enforcers...they're going to be clearing the canvassing DQ9 folks out of the aisleways all day long :P
    and everyone is going to be there forever trying to get the right NOA guy rather than the 3 people standing next to them. hm...

People with rare maps: I'm Enforcing handheld in the mornings, so if you come find me, give me the map, and help me beat it (:P), I can be in the Handheld Lounge for 6 hours sharing it. That way, it'll be easy for people who want the map to find it, since I won't be going anywhere. Even if I reach my maximum of 3 people, as long as I'm still in canvassing mode, others can find me, right?

Lynx_ on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    odds are the booth will look like the picture from Comicon, but the room will probably be closer to the Star Wars Cantina from last years PAX (and probably in a similar location)

Solelron on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just beat Zoma today, with my 75-ish gladiator; in 7 turns no less!

I've also got Baramos beat, but that's not a rare one per se.

I'll be sharing Zoma for sure, I could use any of the other rares (Masayuki or other good leveling maps would be nice but I'd really like a complete rares collection to conquer).

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh wow I am super excited for the booth now. Think anyone will recognize me in my Tara outfit from Dragon Quest Monsters II? I'm bringing it to PAX along with my healslime plush and my friends Slime plush.

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    MoosiferXMoosiferX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Awesome news about the Orgodomir Map!

I agree that the DQIX booth would be an alright place to meetup before we head to the handheld lounge. We could all get that new map and just dive right in!

As far as my character goes right now:

MoosiferX Minstrel 99.2

MoosiferX on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    update on my main

Solelron Armanentalist 65 (and climbing..took brief pause to do some more class quests).

Solelron on
  • Options
    EladrisEladris Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    @registerzero

Please add me to the Twitter list!

I am a lowly low-30s Monk/Minstrel obsessed with fans and with no maps (I've only had the game 2 weeks with limited play time). I'm coming from NYC, so I'll try and hit up the Nintendo store on the 31st and see what's available map-wise to bring out there.

Eladris on
  • Options
    ZerhackermanZerhackerman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All this handheld time sounds like a hoot. But this is my boy's big deal and so he is gonna be leading the way. And he's not much of a DQ player. I guess I'm just gonna be his enforcer :D

So its gonna be roaming canvassing for me, I think

Zerhackerman on
  • Options
    BumbloBumblo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    um looks like I'm real late to the party here but I'll be at PAX on sat, I have kawasaki and masayuki cleared and ready to share, as well as Baramos Murdaw Estark and Zoma (all at or around lvl 18 atm.) Main is a 99.1 Warrior with every class skill at 100, should have paladin to 99 by PAXtime. twitter is @bumblo, avatar is Erste if anyone was at the first Seattle meetup a few weeks back. Did i leave anything out? :winky:

Bumblo = Erste : Emerald World of Gloom lvl 86 (aka Kawasaki Locker)
    twitter = @Bumblo
    Erste = 99.1 Warrior, 99 Paladin

[e] for formatting

Bumblo on
  • Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bumblo wrote: »
    um looks like I'm real late to the party here but I'll be at PAX on sat, I have kawasaki and masayuki cleared and ready to share, as well as Baramos Murdaw Estark and Zoma (all at or around lvl 18 atm.) Main is a 99.1 Warrior with every class skill at 100, should have paladin to 99 by PAXtime. twitter is @bumblo, avatar is Erste if anyone was at the first Seattle meetup a few weeks back. Did i leave anything out? :winky:

Just formatting!

[E]: Awesome, thanks! I'll update tonight.

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    @mhasko Pez Warrior 19

I'm only like lvl 19 Warrior, and just got my first map, so I've not been able to put much time into the game. Hopefully can catch some of you like leveled folks and team up for a bit.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Updated OP, Please check it out everyone, major changes are afoot, please post if there are any changes. Let me know what crazy maps you have!

honestD on

• Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bumblo wrote: »
    Bumblo = Erste : Emerald World of Gloom lvl 86 (aka Kawasaki Locker)

Does it end in Fowleye? Cuz I've got a map with that exact name and level that was discovered by ÌΔÌ→Ì! (the second character actually looks like a star, I just couldn't find it to type it). It's at location 58. Could that be the Kawasaki map?

Covet on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Would folks "assigned" to canvas a certain map be opposed to wearing a sign (maybe on their DS?) advertising which map?

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Covet wrote: »

Does it end in Fowleye? Cuz I've got a map with that exact name and level that was discovered by ÌΔÌ→Ì! (the second character actually looks like a star, I just couldn't find it to type it). It's at location 58. Could that be the Kawasaki map?

Yep, that's it.

DTJAAAAM on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DTJAAAAM wrote: »

Yep, that's it.

Awesome. All this time I thought it was just a random map, so I didn't bother to poke around in it. I should be able to beat it this weekend, so I'll have that to pass around, too.

So that leaves me with:
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 87 Ruby Path of Doom (Masayuki)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 86 Emerald World of Gloom (Kawasaki)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 1 Zoma (GameStop)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 1 Estark (Best Buy)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 1 Malroth (Simon Mall)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 1 Mortamor (Comic-Con)

Covet on
  • Options
    disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What level should I be able to beat Granite Tunnel of Woe Lv. 1? I want to have something new to share, but I can't seem to beat the boss. I am 24 right now. Do I just suck? :lol:

disposablecomp on
  • Options
    BumbloBumblo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    covet is right! /want

speaking of maps, anyone able to land Dragonlord yet?

Bumblo on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Updated with Covet's info, thanks!

honestD on

• Options
    Blackfox138Blackfox138 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So that leaves me with:
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 87 Ruby Path of Doom (Masayuki)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 86 Emerald World of Gloom (Kawasaki)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 1 Zoma (GameStop)
    Covet = Covet: Lvl 1 Estark (Best Buy)

Does want...

My list:

Masayuki
    Kawasaki
    Zoma lvl 1, 23 (trying for 69+ for the headpiece)
    Psaro lvl 1
    Murdaw lvl 1
    Nimzo lvl 1
    Dhoulmagus lvl 1
    Dragonlord lvl 1, 4, 19
    Mortamor lvl 1
    Estark lvl 1
    Baramos lvl 1, 19
    Steel Void of Evil lvl 99 (grotto boss #12)

The majority of these were found by other people and then tagged to me at meetups, so credit to them for finding them :3 Just trying to spread the love.

I'm trying to get at least two copies of each legacy map, one to keep at lvl 1 to pass around and one to lvl up for the gear/maps. Also have plenty of other random maps if there are any grotto bosses or map types anyone is looking for.

Oh, almost forgot.
    MC: Sage/Glad/Arma 99.0 any other classes that might be good to level up for multiplayer?

Blackfox138 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    add baramos 1 to my list. I have it beat and avail. hoping to have zoma by PAX (ALMOST got it)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Psaro lvl 1
    Murdaw lvl 1
    Nimzo lvl 1
    Dhoulmagus lvl 1
    Dragonlord lvl 1, 4, 19
    Steel Void of Evil lvl 99 (grotto boss #12)

Oh jeez, I need all these. Hope there's time! :D

Covet on
  • Options
    quiksilverquiksilver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    @quietresolve Thief 99.1

I have Zoma Lv.1 and Baramos Lv.1 conquered, looking forward to trading maps! My main character's name is Dicarus.

quiksilver on
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wooo yeah! Just beat the game. Trying to level up now before PAX so I might be a little bit closer to some of you guys.

Highest level I have right now though is 42 :/

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    KeversKevers Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    @wafflematic on twitter

Kevers 76 Warrior (Revocated once)

I've got a lvl 5 Baramos and a Silver Marsh of Bane lvl 58 the 11th floor contains nothing but Metal King Slimes

Kevers on
  • Options
    SharkKQSharkKQ Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    @SharkKQ

Shark Lvl 99 Gladiator

SharkKQ on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kevers, you're going to have to approve me before you'll be seen on the Twitter list.

You should have a request from @ akjak

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    journies_endjournies_end Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What level should I be able to beat Granite Tunnel of Woe Lv. 1? I want to have something new to share, but I can't seem to beat the boss. I am 24 right now. Do I just suck? :lol:

I think I was in the late 20's when I beat that grotto (team levls 28 - 30) and was using Gladiator with sword (main), Mage with wand, Martial Artist with fan, and Priest with spear. It took me around 3 tries before I learned the boss's attack pattern before I was able to beat him.

And yeah, this sounds cool, I only have a handful of maps, none legendary or promotional, but willing to trade and collect all the same! Twitter @journies_end

journies_end on
    Totally pumped for PAX Prime 2010
    Tweet me @journies_end
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Updated OP with a bunch of new maps from Blackfox and co.

honestD on

• Options
    Blackfox138Blackfox138 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yesssss finally done with Zoma forever! (or until I decide to 99 him)
    Got the headpiece, got way too many silver orbs, got him to level 69 and ready to pass around! (dunno if anyone actually wants it, but hey who knows)

Next goal, Nimzo to level 69 for the V gear and Estark/Dhoulmagus for the IV gear.

Does anyone else have any higher levels Legacy bosses? Perhaps we can co-ordinate something so that we can help each other out 8D

Blackfox138 on
  • Options
    MoosiferXMoosiferX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Finished up my DQIX canvassing shirt this morning! :mrgreen:
    dqixcanvassing.jpg

Also, finally beat Greygnarl in my 85 grotto last night. It was waaaaay more work than I thought it would be...

MoosiferX on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    finally beat equinox in the first treasure map.
    he gave me 'Basalt Mine of Glee (Lv. 4)', which had 3 levels and...Equinox as the boss.
    Completing that one got 'Graphite Cave of Dolour (Lv. 4)', which is 4 levels with Nemean as the boss.

Current party makeup is 28 minstrel, 28 priest, 29 martial artist, 28 mage...who got chomped up pretty easily by Nemean, but can lay the smack down on Equinox.

If I go back and defeat a treasure map a 2nd time, will I get a different map drop, or do you only get 1 map drop per?

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    MeiteronMeiteron Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kjeldor wrote: »
    finally beat equinox in the first treasure map.
    he gave me 'Basalt Mine of Glee (Lv. 4)', which had 3 levels and...Equinox as the boss.
    Completing that one got 'Graphite Cave of Dolour (Lv. 4)', which is 4 levels with Nemean as the boss.

Current party makeup is 28 minstrel, 28 priest, 29 martial artist, 28 mage...who got chomped up pretty easily by Nemean, but can lay the smack down on Equinox.

If I go back and defeat a treasure map a 2nd time, will I get a different map drop, or do you only get 1 map drop per?

You can go back as many times as you like, and get a different map every time. The map you get is influenced by two main things: the level of the grotto you just did (like, lv4 for your grottos) and the level of your main character. Revocation also effects it, but you won't run into for quite some time and shouldn't worry about it. Basically, the higher the combined number from both levels, the more difficult (within some random bounds) the grotto you get will be.

Meiteron on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Put me down for Murdaw as well, just got it today!

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Put me down for Murdaw as well, just got it today!

Okay.

honestD on

• Options
    teh0megateh0mega Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Throw me on that list as well. I'm another lowbie looking for maps to grind on.

@teh0mega - 30s Paladin

I'll be working on getting some levels and some getting maps that at least the other people who aren't quite so high can work on.

teh0mega on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    well now that I"ve finished my personal project (I've completed every quest in the game extcept the metal slime shoes and a handful of weapons quests), its time to grind up the people and the grottos :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Solelron wrote: »
    well now that I"ve finished my personal project (I've completed every quest in the game extcept the metal slime shoes and a handful of weapons quests), its time to grind up the people and the grottos :)

I totally misunderstood the bolded section at first read. Must have coffee before reading forums! Congrats on the quests! That's quite a feat! :)

Covet on
  • Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I finally got my first map from Christopher Collapsus (I love the puns in this game) and managed to beat Equinox. I assume, from what I'm reading, that everyone has the same first map, right? So the only unique ones you get are the ones you get from other sources (e.g., the one I got for beating Equinox)? And I have to beat those before I can share them, right?

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    acidfingersacidfingers Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The meetup is still on for Friday at 3 PM in the handheld lounge, right? Just want to make sure since I couldn't see it in the OP.

I'll be there. My character is named Hugo and is a level 50 Minstrel. No revocs, nothing special. I have the Gamestop Zoma map, but haven't beaten it yet, as I'm only level 50! I'll just be passing out my crummy maps that have nothing special.

acidfingers on
This discussion has been closed.