As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Quest (PA)IX!! FINAL INSTRUCTIONS!! OP UPDATED!! I'M YELLING!

• Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah me too, I'm only a 38 Warrior and I just got to the last dungeon today. Can't wait to canvass with everyone!

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    ZiedrichZiedrich Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    What are the advantages of revocating? If I have a weapon, shield, and all the class skills maxxed... whats the point of revocating? I guess I am just not sure what exactly it entails. (sorry for being nubbish)

Ziedrich on
  • Options
    ArkanoidArkanoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, my MC is currently a Thief 99+1, but I should be a Gladiator 99 for PAX. I've got my Uber Falcon Sword and should be doing some damage by then.

@rmalena = DPS.

Arkanoid on
  • Options
    DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ziedrich wrote: »
    What are the advantages of revocating? If I have a weapon, shield, and all the class skills maxxed... whats the point of revocating? I guess I am just not sure what exactly it entails. (sorry for being nubbish)

You get the swell number by your name or a star when you've done it ten times! Other than that, each time you do it slightly gives you increased odds of receiving better grotto maps. Your first revocation in each class will also reward you with a special accessory.

DTJAAAAM on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    @deveric thief 26 or so...I think it's a thief? or rogue? I haven't paid that much attention

deveric on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    finally got myself surviving well with the stupid metal slimes kings. now if they'd just stop running :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    ArcheiousArcheious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Please add me to the twitter list.
    @archeious

Archeious on
  • Options
    PerytonPeryton Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So let's say that a cohort of mine is going to be at PAX and perhaps carry my DS around to canvas for people in this game. What all needs to be done to get this to work assuming I've never done this before? I could really use some Masayuki's Map fun times.

I vaguely remember reading that every 4-5 people you get added you have to leave the inn and re-enter to reset the count or something?

Thanks much!

Peryton on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    a) you can only get 3 new visitors at a time, then you have to stop canvassing and talk to erinn again
    b) there's a limit to how many you can get before you have to leave the inn and go back in. Dunno how much though.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    a) you can only get 3 new visitors at a time, then you have to stop canvassing and talk to erinn again
    b) there's a limit to how many you can get before you have to leave the inn and go back in. Dunno how much though.

Same number. 3. you have to leave after you cap out do she can get the rooms ready

but do remember to collect the 3 maps before you recanvas, otherwise you have to go hunt them down all over the inn, and if you get over 30 guests, people will start cycling out of your inn.

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Does the DS need to be set up special at all, or do you just talk to Erinn in the inn and just select "canvas for players" and it's good to go? And then after you get 3 people you walk out of the inn, then walk back into the inn and cancel the canvas and restart it?

And my cohort doesn't have to actually get the maps himself since all the dudes will still be there with the maps for me to get when he is back?

Peryton on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Peryton wrote: »
    Does the DS need to be set up special at all, or do you just talk to Erinn in the inn and just select "canvas for players" and it's good to go? And then after you get 3 people you walk out of the inn, then walk back into the inn and cancel the canvas and restart it?

You actually have to cancel the canvass before you can walk out of the inn, but otherwise yah.
    Peryton wrote: »
    And my cohort doesn't have to actually get the maps himself since all the dudes will still be there with the maps for me to get when he is back?

Well, as was mentioned it's a bit easier to find everyone if you get them right away because they'll be in the lounge next door rather than in various rooms. Also, if you get over 30, some get cycled out so if you haven't talked to them already you miss out on whatever map they might've had.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Awesome then, thanks for the replies. Hopefully he randomly gets somebody with that map then at some point since that would be fantabulous.

Peryton on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    At this point, we've pretty much confirmed that the NOA1, NOA4, and Misayuki map will be available

No word yet on NOA2 (comicon) or the Simons Mall map.

Solelron on
  • Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Solelron wrote: »
    At this point, we've pretty much confirmed that the NOA1, NOA4, and Misayuki map will be available

I've got both Comic-Con (Mortamor) and Simon Mall (Malroth) beaten and ready to distribute. I think DTJAAAAM does, too.

Covet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Covet wrote: »

I've got both Comic-Con (Mortamor) and Simon Mall (Malroth) beaten and ready to distribute. I think DTJAAAAM does, too.

Covet I am so jealous. I can't even beat Zoma yet (Getting there though!) :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Covet I am so jealous. I can't even beat Zoma yet (Getting there though!) :)

No need to be jealous! In just about a week's time, you'll have them all! (and possibly beaten, too!) :)

Covet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I just have Mortamor, which will probably be the map that I share for the majority of the time. Please do the same for Malroth!!!!!

DTJAAAAM on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I feel bad that I only have gimpy maps to share

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DTJAAAAM wrote: »

I just have Mortamor, which will probably be the map that I share for the majority of the time. Please do the same for Malroth!!!!!
    Sure thing! I figure at the meet up(s) we can coordinate who shares what (especially since I'd like to get my hands on your Kawasaki map!).
    akjak wrote: »

As I've mentioned before, I don't care if you're sharing a gimpy or low-level map, as long as you're making an effort to share something (assuming you're at the point of the game where you have something to share). Besides, there are a few grotto bosses that I haven't encountered yet that you just might have. :)

Covet on
  • Options
    squidgetsquidget Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I hear you. I only have two maps.

I have some questions on the whole sharing thing - can you only canvas once and share maps per person?

IE - My BF and I have this game can we canvas with each other again to share maps?

squidget on
    "Work is the curse of the drinking class." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and who knows. maybe NOA will suprise us all with a handful of new maps and DLC at their booth >:)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    squidget wrote: »
    I have some questions on the whole sharing thing - can you only canvas once and share maps per person?

IE - My BF and I have this game can we canvas with each other again to share maps?

You can share with the same person/people multiple times for different maps. Just talk to Erinn and ask to see the guest list, then "send them packing" between tags.

Covet on
  • Options
    ArkanoidArkanoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I will need you to be my best friends for at least a few moments at 3pm on Friday, as I would also like to be able to distribute all five of the crazy awesome maps and I still need these two!

Also, for the sake of format:

Arkanoid @rmalena Gladiator 99 (or should I make that 99+1?! Can I do it in a week??)

Arkanoid on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just a note

for the meetup, we should get a dry-erase board (or some kind of poster point) so everyone knows what Map each of these fancy words are so they know if they get them.

IE
    GameStop=Zoma Level 1
    Bestbuy=Estark Level 1
    Misikari=Ruby Path of Doom 87

Etc for all the speciality maps

That way we make sure when someone is looking they are sure they got them all (they won't be getting them from the original distributors after all.)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's a fabulous idea Solelron.

akjak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Would you prefer a poster or like a slip of paper you could pass out so everyone has one?

Covet on
  • Options
    ZerhackermanZerhackerman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    and who knows. maybe NOA will suprise us all with a handful of new maps and DLC at their booth >:)

" Nintendo will provide DRAGON QUEST IX owners at the show with a special downloadable “Orgodemir” map via the game’s cooperative “Tag Mode” feature. "

:mrgreen:

Zerhackerman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Nintendo will provide DRAGON QUEST IX owners at the show with a special downloadable “Orgodemir” map

!!!

Can I get a "WOOT WOOT"?

akjak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1116250p1.html

"Nintendo will have the map available for download at both its booth and a special DQ-themed area inside the convention center"

Hmm... Maybe we should move the meetup to wherever that is?

akjak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think I like your thinking Akjak. I may spend more time here then the SJ Booth :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    monkeyholemonkeyhole Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Or we just need somebody to beat it ASAP and bring it to the rest of us! I'm guessing the download will happen inside the expo hall. Crowded.

monkeyhole on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    monkeyhole wrote: »

Or we just need somebody to beat it ASAP and bring it to the rest of us! I'm guessing the download will happen inside the expo hall. Crowded.

Which means LOTS OF TAGS!

Covet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I should be going in fairly early on friday to snag it, but no way I'll be able to beat it. Key is going to be getting lots of people with it and working as a group to beat it.

Solelron on
  • Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay, well, everyone post up the super awesome maps that they have like this:

<Forum Name> = <Character Name> : <Map as it appears in game Treasure Map Menu> (<source>)

By filling it out like this, we know who does what on this thread, AND everyone should know who to look for in their Canvassing AND when they've gotten all the maps they want.

So:

HonestD = Ellen : Lvl 87 Ruby Path of Doom (Masayuki)

HonestD = Ellen : Zoma Map (GameStop)

HonestD =Ellen : Orgodomir Map (PAX)

I'll collect the names, and filter them out so that each person only has to Canvass one of the maps that they have, and all the other people can more easily fill out their check list, does that sound good? For example, if I have the three above, but am one of only two people that have the Zoma map, then for all of PAX, I'll know my job is to carry around that map while passively canvassing so that I'm overlapping as little as possible.

Thoughts, suggestions?

We can still have a poster/whiteboard/checklist so that people can keep track of the info in realtime, because that is a really good idea. Thanks!

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I'm going to assume that it may look similar to the space they had at Comic-Con:

68.jpg

If so, that may not be a great idea due to the spacing.

DTJAAAAM on
  • Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DTJAAAAM wrote: »

I'm going to assume that it may look similar to the space they had at Comic-Con:

If so, that may not be a great idea due to the spacing.

I tend to agree. It'll be awesome to go there and hang out for a bit, but we really should be going there just to (get the map and then) recruit people to come back to the handheld lounge for the "organized" event. There will be more space there, even on the Pokemon days. If we have folks go to the DQIX booth periodically, let the people there know what's going down at random intervals, we'll ALL have more freaking maps then we know what to do with...

We'll try to keep in touch over the Twitter, but I imagine that this is how it's going to end up.

Also, Updated OP!

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    Blackfox138Blackfox138 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The sumos are comfier. I vote just to stay in the handheld lounge.

Blackfox138 on
  • Options
    ZiedrichZiedrich Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Almost forgot!

@skycrickett
    Ziedrich Gladiator 50ish

I am going to try to get much higher by PAX... although I have most vocations to 40ish. Any tips on where to level up post 50? All the maps I have are ones I have found, with no king slimes yet.

Ziedrich on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ziedrich, if you approve my follow request (@akjak), you'll be on the twitter list.

akjak on
This discussion has been closed.