As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls Meetup at Prime: CHANGE OF VENUE *FULL*

EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
****NOTE* THIS EVENT HAS REACHED CAPACITY! Please PM me if you still want to attend and I will keep a waitlist in case people let me know that they will not be coming******

******MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT******

Fonte has crapped out on us at the last moment (and I am BEYOND pissed off). I received an email from the manager today that they would not be hosting us and we should find somewhere else. However, I called the cheesecake factory and they will be able to take care of us (MY HEROES). I know it's not ideal, I wanted some place really nice for this event, but it was the best I could do on such short notice. There will most likely be gratuity added for such a large group. I will be talking with the manager tomorrow and will make sure to find out how much that will be.

I will be sending out PMs to everyone and will update the facebook page. Again guys, I'm sorry for the last minute change. Fonte has acted in a VERY unprofessional and rude manner toward this group and I am sorry for it (you can see my yelp review for more). Thank you guys for your patience with this and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, 10am at The Cheesecake factory.

Cheesecake Factory

700 Pike St (Right next to the convention center)
Seattle, WA 98101

*EDIT*

Okay, I talked with the manager at the Cheesecake factory this morning they will be able to have us there. However there are two things that need to be noted. 1) We will not have a special room and they WILL NOT hold tables in our area if there are no more seats in the restaurant and people are waiting. That means we need to be there AT 10am when the doors open. If you are late you run the risk of either not being seated in our section or not being seated at all. 2) There will be an 18% gratuity added to your bill. Please take this into consideration when budgeting for the event.

So to reiterate
1. SHOW UP ON TIME OR YOU MIGHT NOT GET A SEAT
2. Be prepared to add 28% to your bill (18% gratuity + 10% tax)

Attendees
1. EruditeAphrodite
2. SmallLady +1
3. Cabsy
4. Katherine +2
5. MetaverseNomad
6. BrokenAngel
7. Teenychicka
8. Tajah
9. Crackgoblin
10. Elgaladwen +3
11. Chaosisorder
12. CaptainTapole (I wrote that as tadpole three times before I got it right, XD)
13. Daksa
14. Liger
15. AKReign
16. Mystral721
17. Covet
18. Masquerade78
19. oxfroggy
20. jacalata
21. jenelle +1
22. Twinkie
23. eggz2021
24. eye-shuh
25. ohkatey +1
26. inkedcats
27. Jadelyoness +1
28. clerise
29. cherin
30. Honeydew
31. zaxytara +3
32. tehnakki
33. itchbay +1
34. Sassafras
35. Nightingale
36. TenaciousGG
37. circeramone +1
38. Maledicte
39. meloncollie
40. Innocent Vice
41. theDireMuffin +4
42. Rae Beta
43. ohmsickle16 +1
44. Jinka
45. Jenny_Spaghetti
46. Chibipandora
47. stankerbell
48. agentmobius
49. Cryana
50. MarySue
51. AmyLukima
52. Danicia
53. Emerez
54. Esmeh
55. meloncollie +5
56. Covet
57. Alatheia +1
58. Jenga! +1
59. punzie
60. takoayako
61. alegria
62. GameRabbit
63. MistyHide
64. Enigmas
65. j0z1e +1
66. Atalla
67. Courin
68. akjak
69. VonXWolfenstein

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
EruditeAphrodite on

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll be there, with a possible +1

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I should also be there, as long as I'm not already broke by Sunday, lol.

cabsy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Even if you are broke, coffee is always dirt cheap. :D

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    KatherineKatherine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am a girl and I will be there with two other lovely ladies.

Katherine on
    Max sig size: 500x80 px or 4 lines of text
    signature-1.png
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was so thrilled at how the girls meetup at East turned out that I've decided to do it again at West. I'm thinking Sunday morning again at 10:00. Yes, I know this won't work for everyone, but no time is perfect. I'm looking at places right now that will accept reservations for Sunday brunch and are within walking distance of the convention center. I'm open to suggestions and will let you guys know once I find a place that fits the criteria (affordable, close, reservations for a large group).

So let me know if you're interested in attending so I can get a rough head count. Also, there may be bonus buttons.

/me posts this now, praying to avoid the drama that went with East's girls meetup

lol, avoiding drama. I had no idea you were so optimistic! :P Also I want to know what happened. Or, at least more info about the East meetup, for us poor unfortunate souls. Also, I will be there, and I suggest Fonte on 1st.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm in again! <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    lol, avoiding drama. I had no idea you were so optimistic! :P Also I want to know what happened. Or, at least more info about the East meetup, for us poor unfortunate souls. Also, I will be there, and I suggest Fonte on 1st.

The meetup itself was FANTASTIC. I really enjoyed getting to meet people and talk about nerdy stuff as girls. It was really the thread that got dramallamaed before Moe put the banhammer down. Message me sometime and I'll tell you about it.

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oooh, I'm in! <3

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Of course I am suuuper in. Let me know if you need/want help organizing or doing any legwork. =)

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll be there, not to worry!

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ravenger wrote: »
    I'll be there, not to worry!

Soooo original. Haven't already heard that 50 times today.... or in the thread for East.

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    oh, i see. is this where we get together and talk about nintendogs and cooking mama? im in!

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    oh, i see. is this where we get together and talk about nintendogs and cooking mama? im in!

This is not funny. Please don't.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wormdundee wrote: »

This is not funny. Please don't.

im a girl, i was being sarcastic

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Cooking mama nothing. We compare our Babyz!

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Cooking mama nothing. We compare our Babyz!

lol, exactly, now thats the spirit...as long as theyre crackbabies though

(im in forrealz, btw)

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What!? No Imagine Fashion Designer? I am disappointed!

On the slightly more serious side, I have never actually gone to any sort of meetup at PAX before, but I want to, and this sounds like fun.

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    MetaverseNomad said I can totally borrow her Barbie Horse game for this meetup. SWEET!

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    We can start a hello kitty online guild just for girls!

And maybe have an awesome slumber party!

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd love to, but that would leave Brian without anyone he knows for the time that I'd be at the meetup. He needs me, lol.

Edit @BA: Oh snap, a slumber party? Can we braid each others' hair and have a pillow fight? I'd leave Brian for a few hours for that, I'm sure he'd forgive me. :p Of course, he might ask for pictures. >.>

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    I'll babysit him for you.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

LOL, he won't let me leave him with Winyder, why would he let me leave him with someone he's just met?

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    We'll distract him, you run away, then he wont' have much of a choice.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    We'll distract him, you run away, then he wont' have much of a choice.

Ah, but I have an ~8 hour flight BACK from Seattle with him, even if I could avoid the wrath (and by wrath, I mean sulking) between breakfast and the flight, he'd get me then. :p Seriously, if he had met multiple forumers/TSers multiple times well before PAX, he might be okay, but saying he's uncomfortable when out of his element is an understatement, and he's already going through an enormous amount just coming to PAX with me. If Seattle weren't so awesome by itself, I have a feeling he wouldn't have agreed to a second trip; he's just not into crowds and adding that to new environments then abandoning him would be cruel. :p

Edit: Although ironically, I did have a random dream a few months ago that GenXer and Chelsea were running interference so I could go do something Brian wasn't wanting to do. Which is silly, cause Brian wouldn't listen to any of the TSers. :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Brenna: throw him in IRC with us! Winyder too! <3 We will assimilate them borg-style by pax :D

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was promised a pillow fight.

Or is that what Homewood is for?

Either way, I'm in.

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sadness, this is probably going to clash with the dim sum run so I won't be able to go :(

Hypatia on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was promised a pillow fight.

Or is that what Homewood is for?

Either way, I'm in.

Woooot!!!!Homewood slumber partyyyyy!!!! I'm bringing fuzzy slippers and a stuffed animal!! :P And booze.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Possible Dim-Sum run. Coffee. Possible Dim-Sum run. Coffee.

*Actually does a Pro-Con list*

Okie. Coffee wins. Unless there is an ultimately cool panel going on, I'm in.

Unlike Brian with the Lovely BrennaCeDria, The Boyfriend can be on his own. ...Just as long I have my phone on me and not like two years ago.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    KryptaraKryptara Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I missed a girls meetup at PAX east? :-( That will teach me to not browse the forums more. None the less, I'm interested in coming this year if it works with my schedule!

Kryptara on
  • Options
    WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

LOL, he won't let me leave him with Winyder, why would he let me leave him with someone he's just met?

Because he knows he is not safe with me. I would summon the TS horde.

Seriously, RSVP after talking to him. He's welcome to hang with us while you're there.

Winyder on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If my Enforcer schedule doesn't overlap, I'd love to join. :) I may have some chainmaille hair bands made by then too! (My flowers are METAALLLLL \m/)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Liger wrote: »
    I may have some chainmaille hair bands made by then too! (My flowers are METAALLLLL \m/)

*Crosses fingers!* Oh please please please. Or I can wait until they go up on your Etsy if you decide to place them up there.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    KryptaraKryptara Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If my Enforcer schedule doesn't overlap, I'd love to join. :) I may have some chainmaille hair bands made by then too! (My flowers are METAALLLLL \m/)

Liger, I follow you on twitter because I love checking out your chaimaille work. Can't wait to see more of it at PAX! Keep up the awesome work!

Kryptara on
  • Options
    AKReignAKReign Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would love to come! Mayhap I should bring my collection of Barbies that I remade into my various RPG Characters!

AKReign on
    ~Lurking through PAX since 2008~ [E]
    - Slytherin OotP: HoH - Twitter -Slytherin OotP
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kryptara wrote: »
    Liger, I follow you on twitter because I love checking out your chaimaille work. Can't wait to see more of it at PAX! Keep up the awesome work!

You'll see plenty of lanyards walking around. :) I hope to have a few more goodies as well.
    *Crosses fingers!* Oh please please please. Or I can wait until they go up on your Etsy if you decide to place them up there.

They'll be on Etsy for sure, but I want to have at least a couple ready for PAX. Need to figure out price, too.

Here's hoping I'm free to come to this so I can girl out with the girls!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Winyder wrote: »

Because he knows he is not safe with me. I would summon the TS horde.

Seriously, RSVP after talking to him. He's welcome to hang with us while you're there.

Haha, no, I told him about the thread and he looked like a deer in the headlights. When he realized I'd already declined RSVP, he thanked me. I definitely can't rescind and abandon him now. :P

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow, I missed this at East! I'll be there with bells on (metaphorical bells for the hung-over).

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Ohh, are they like ponytail holders or headbands?

Also, OP has been edited with location information.

EruditeAphrodite on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Ohh, are they like ponytail holders or headbands?

Also, OP has been edited with location information.

I would like to test one or more! I've been looking for sparkly shiny things for my hair recently.

KaitouAyashi on
This discussion has been closed.