As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Shaman], Enhancing your PVPs like crazy

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is it just me, or does fulmination currently do significantly more damage than lava burst on a crit?

I'm seeing 22k crits with it, which is wicked awesome.

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For shield monitoring, I can highly recommend ShieldsUp

Senshi on
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    daggah wrote: »
    naengwen wrote: »
    Enhance DPS minmaxers state that Lava Lash should be used once it's up, for now. Don't wait for the stack, just hit it if wolves or MW5 aren't up.

If you have ST down, then after your first lava lash, by the time LL comes back up again you'll have a full stack of Searing Flames on your target anyway.

Pretty much; I'd imagine that was stated more for folks curious about how the queue worked for entering the fight, when ST stacks weren't quite up yet.

naengwen on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does fulmination currently do significantly more damage than lava burst on a crit?

I'm seeing 22k crits with it, which is wicked awesome.

Well, probably, but it also takes *much* longer to set up as well.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Stupid N00b question here: how to write a basic macro to let me deploy all my totems at once. I am lvl 21 and its not really been a problem with only 2 totems, but I am starting to see how it might become time-consuming with 3-4.

I have seen shammys deploy all of their totems with one cast and I suspect there is a macro for that.

Can someone please post a copy of said macro for me?

In advance thanks.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You learn a spell that does that for you at level 30.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's an ability called call of elements you get it at lvl 30 I think

Edit:beatd

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bummer, thanks anyways.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    daggah wrote: »
    Quoting myself on another forum:
    OK, public service announcement time. Dunno if there are any holy paladins or resto/ele shamans reading, but if you ARE, and, like me, you had a hard time picking up a decent caster shield, then you have a task next time you log in. Run (don't walk) to the veteran arena vendor in the Dalaran sewers, and go pick up your new Wrathful caster shield for *70* honor. Don't worry about the tooltip saying it has a ratings requirement. Just go right click it and claim it as your own.

For reference, you get 90 bonus honor the first time you win a BG every day. So that should tell you just how much effort is required.

Ele shamans, you can probably easily justify buying the "healer" shield since you get +hit from spirit.

Oh my god thank you. While it wasnt on my shaman, this helped my Warrior get a new shield because I accidentally sold my own one. Thats a huge ass buff.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    daggahdaggah Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I finally have dual ilvl 264 weapons. I had the heroic 10 man loot ship axe, now I have the 2.6 speed off-hand wrathful axe as well. Socket bonus is +8 AP...is that worth activating the socket bonus with a (purple) gem? I'm hit capped so I don't need to toss a +hit gem in there. Right now I just tossed a rare quality agi/stam gem in as a placeholder.

daggah on
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've heard complaints about resto being boring since 4.0 - for some reason, it's all that I've wanted to play. Raid healing is way more fun now to me. So, I've got t10 chest, legs, and shoulders with the matching non-set head from icc. I'm on the fence about the gloves - should I get the gloves for the set bonus or go for blizzard keeper's mitts that have way better stats and are also really nice in an ele set?

sim on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Resto shaman have probably changed the least since the patch.

Yeah ok, Healing Wave got changed, and we got Greater Healing wave as well, but that's about it.

The "problem" is, is that everything still costs not very much to cast, and we've still got very good regen, so until we start hitting the new instances, and the base mana of spells starts to go up, then people can still continue to cast those "going to be expensive" heals and not be punished. Healing Surge (or LHW) is probably going to be more punishing mana wise at 85, than it is now where I can pretty much spam it.

Personally I like the new Healing wave as I was never a fan of the massive overhealing that went on in this expansion. I also like being able to dispel magic effects and seeing a little heal proc off that as well (although I did nearly kill myself in HoL trying to dispel a poison on me and not actually healing myself).

As a side bonus of how Healing Surge is now, you can heal yourself a fair chunk as Elemental.

If you wanted to push me to pick at the new resto tree

Soothing Rain

Seems to be a push towards healing stream; I'll admit I don't know what that totem is going to be like at the level cap with all the talents and glyphs and everything, but I've never really been a fan of the totem. Plus, I thought blizzard were going to get rid of talents that boosted buffs.

Ok, it also does something to Healing Rain, but you can't get that spell until 81 is it?

Improved Water shield I think is bugged, as I'm pretty sure pre-patch it didn't consume a water shield charge, but it seems to atm.

Er....I still think Instant GW should be base, and think it's daft that 2 specs are now locked out of it until level 83, but I'm going to stop myself there as I've already ranted about that earlier in the thread.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Seems to be a push towards healing stream; I'll admit I don't know what that totem is going to be like at the level cap with all the talents and glyphs and everything, but I've never really been a fan of the totem. Plus, I thought blizzard were going to get rid of talents that boosted buffs.
    That only applies to talents that buff raid buffs/debuffs, so that one spec doesn't bring a better version of the str/agi buff (i.e., enhance shamans), etc. Healing Stream Totem isn't a raid buff. It's a party healing spell.

forty on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I dunno what it is, but resto really feels boring as hell now. I think im going to level a priest to do my healing with and just stick to ele ownage.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What's great about Resto currently is Telluric Currents, the talent that gives mana back on Lightning Bolt. At 80, my LBs cost 230 mana or something and return 1-2k. So heroics are essentially EarthShield, Healing Stream (which also gives resistances) and then spam LB and Fire Nova with infinite mana. Healing Surge when needed, because the mana cost is no concern at all.

Grobian on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Halp...

I'm using Powerauras (the addon, not the Blizzard ones), and I honestly can't find any that work after 4.0.1. Am I just fail?

Toldo on
  • Options
    daggahdaggah Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Toldo wrote: »
    Halp...

I'm using Powerauras (the addon, not the Blizzard ones), and I honestly can't find any that work after 4.0.1. Am I just fail?

PowerAuras is working for me. I downloaded it from Curse (manually).

daggah on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just making sure I'm on the right track. Does this look right for a Ele leveling build?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Mugslee&gn=GIFT

Mugsley on
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I went from despising raid healing to really enjoying it with the three new heals. Though, I rarely use HW (seems like a waste of time if you aren't having mana problems). Most everything is riptide and GHW now with chain to top folks off or to try and time pre-casts for moderate aoe damage and proc earthliving. The new healing stream glyph is nice now too - to keep me from worrying about those occasional times when resist totems are handy.

I really want to use focused insight and telluric currents, but I'm really not sure if they're very useful right now. :?

sim on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The low-speed, high-efficiency heals will start to show their value at 85. Spell costs will increase from anywhere from 5 to 10 times what they currently are, while mana pools will roughly increase by 2.5x.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The low-speed, high-efficiency heals will start to show their value at 85. Spell costs will increase from anywhere from 5 to 10 times what they currently are, while mana pools will roughly increase by 2.5x.

Wonder how this will affect enhancement. Right now my mana pool is effectively infinite. Hell it doesn' even move most of the time.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It'll still be infinite for enhancement. Mental Quickness, Primal Wisdom, Shamanistic Rage, and Maelstrom Weapon all have you in good hands.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Especially since MW affects heals by making them free and instant.

Toothy on
  • Options
    mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Just making sure I'm on the right track. Does this look right for a Ele leveling build?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Mugslee&gn=GIFT

I'd suggest something like this

Leveling Build

using lightning bolt and flametongue weapon glyphs in your major.

your next points would go

reverberation
    fulmination
    elemental mastery
    totemic wrath
    2/3 lava flows
    2/2 lava surge
    3/3 feedback
    earthquake
    3/3 lava flows

then go into enhance with
    2/2 elemental weapons

mturalon on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT MY SHAMAN EVER:

Should I race change him from troll to orc?

Dys on
  • Options
    mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No, change them to a dwarf

mturalon on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    > he wants to race change away from the best race

yeah no

Senshi on
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    He wants to race change away from tauren?

naengwen on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    troll is the answer

always

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If you're on a min/maxing kick, the Orc racial serves enhancement the best. But if you couldn't be bothered/are elemental, then stick with aesthetics.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Trolls get facehorns.

Why is this up for debate?

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Makershot wrote: »
    If you're on a min/maxing kick, the Orc racial serves enhancement the best. But if you couldn't be bothered/are elemental, then stick with aesthetics.

Doesn't Blood Fury boost Spellpower AND AP on Shamans? Or did they stop that?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    Makershot wrote: »

Doesn't Blood Fury boost Spellpower AND AP on Shamans? Or did they stop that?
    It does, but I was speaking more of Command and Axe Spec.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh. Spirit Wolves. Command. Durhurhuhrurhurhurhrur.

Yes orcs are pretty boss for smashing faces.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    berzerking is always nice

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Discovered that I have 43 Shammy I forgot about and he's now my best alt candidate to my main. I've always wanted to to resto - can you effectively PVE as that? Any build suggestions?

hamdingers on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    hamdingers wrote: »
    Discovered that I have 43 Shammy I forgot about and he's now my best alt candidate to my main. I've always wanted to to resto - can you effectively PVE as that? Any build suggestions?
    You can get dual spec super cheap now (100g) so I'd snap that up and solo as Elemental and dungeon as Resto, they share gear so it'll be pretty easy and much more fun than soloing as Resto.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, any spec is viable for leveling nowadays. The real question is how much you hate yourself.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I recently tried out playing my shaman and found out Enhancement is fun as hell, and since I have never played a melee class past 40, how do you do it?

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=Lanayru

Rotation: Right now I'm keeping Stormstrike, Lava Lash and Fire/Earth shock on cd and no one is bitching at me for doing crappy damage so I guess I'm doing something right.

Weapons: Now, I have Windfury on MH, Flametongue on OH. As for weapon speeds, what should I look for?

Aeyther on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Weapon speeds are always 2.6, or a slow as you can find. Faster weapons gimp your DPS, as WF is tied to weapon damage and FT is normalized.

You never need spell gear, as Mental Quickness takes care of that.

As far as meleeing goes, stay away from cleaves and stand behind the boss. It's pretty straighforward.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png