As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

oh god oh god oh god

• humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    fuck the bat if you're in the car just run them over

yeah but if I'm outside the car

I've been meaning the move the bat into my room, actually. I'm usually closer to my house than my car when I feel like things might turn ugly (I live across from a/"the" bar)

don't be a tough guy hero, just call the cops

your only going to escalate things

humble on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    thinking about shank as a tough guy hero is funny

satansfingers on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

where the hell do you live?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • NebulousQNebulousQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I quickly learned in high school that if you get in a fight it's best just not to fight back. Otherwise there is a good chance someone is going to die or get seriously hurt.

NebulousQ on
    edited July 2010
    we get a murder like once every 15 years, and maybe 40, 50 a year in the nearest big city (utrecht)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    That's also why I got my permit to carry a concealed firearm. After my wife's uncle just got killed by a psycho with a knife, I felt it was time to not fuck around with it anymore.

better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

i seriously hate having to walk to my truck at 3am and worry about ghetto thugs and crackheads outside the bar who have a bone to pick with somebody that may have thrown them out for being an asshole

but by 3am most of the time there is nobody around.

still disconcerting when you're at work and you've got a whole crowd of jackasses walking off saying they're gonna fuck you up later and get you another time white boy etc etc

Yeah, it's amazing how many minor incidents I read about turn ridiculously violent for no reason. People are fucking insane.

For instance, 2 weeks ago my wife's uncle heard a scream at his neighbor's place (it's a double home). He was worried because he knew the lady had two young kids like 10 and 12 years old, and her elderly grandfather (85) lives there too.

So, he went over their back deck and knocked on the door, and through the glass saw tons of blood. He told his wife to get back in the house and dial 9-1-1. He went in to check and the psychopath ex-boyfriend of the lady, who was out of jail only a year or two for stabbing someone else to death at 18 years old, went fucking nuts in the house because she was going to get married to another man.

Her uncle fought the guy, but he ended up getting stabbed and falling over. Then he got his throat slit. The cops caught the asshole, but my wife's whole family is now in a state of shock. This clown killed 3 people in the house and her uncle that came over to help. First quadruple homicide in this area ever.

ugh goddamn that's terrible

ran through a few ideas about putting a mount in my truck for an 18" double with 00 buck in it on the floorboard where it's accessible by the driver and not have it be visible to pedestrians. in the end don't feel like having my truck broken into by some crackhead and have to report a stolen firearm.

it'd be much easier to just put a j frame in my pocket

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited July 2010
    NebulousQ wrote: »
    I quickly learned in high school that if you get in a fight it's best just not to fight back. Otherwise there is a good chance someone is going to die or get seriously hurt.

because you can't control your sayan powers, right?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    humble wrote: »

I've been meaning the move the bat into my room, actually. I'm usually closer to my house than my car when I feel like things might turn ugly (I live across from a/"the" bar)

I mean I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where I would actually use the bat in a fight, it's mostly just hilarious novelty

there have been a few times where dudes have gotten up in my face and calling the cops has not been an option before the situation gets resolved, though

Charles Kinbote on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    bwanie wrote: »
    jesus christ hunter.

A very quiet area. It's like a one in a billion kind of thing.

There's crime, sure, but like people getting busted for drugs or drunken idiots fighting. Not murders.

Still, Pennsylvania is a death penalty state with a 1 time mandatory appeal. After you get that, it's straight to the gurney and a needle for you. None of this 10 years on death row and 20 appeals.

Hunter on
    edited July 2010
    is crack really that big of a problem in south texas

satansfingers on
    edited July 2010

if you're already in a fight you should either a) look at getting the fuck away as fast as possible or b) end it as soon as possible with extreme violence

Dead Legend on
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

There's crime, sure, but like people getting busted for drugs or drunken idiots fighting. Not murders.

Still, Pennsylvania is a death penalty state with a 1 time mandatory appeal. After you get that, it's straight to the gurney and a needle for you. None of this 10 years on death row and 20 appeals.

k, and what if everyone starts buying guns? they get stolen, found by children, picked up in heated domestic violence etc.

isn't it better to suffer the odd psycho instead?

because i understand that you'd be resonsible and knowledgebale about whre to store your firearm, but plenty of people won' t.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited July 2010
    is crack really that big of a problem in south texas

not as much as meth

and i'm more central texas than anything.

but yes in this area i can go people watching and point out who's a wanna be ghetto thug, who is actually a legitimate gang shit heel, or point out the meth heads.

Dead Legend on
  • humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I mean I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where I would actually use the bat in a fight, it's mostly just hilarious novelty

there have been a few times where dudes have gotten up in my face and calling the cops has not been an option before the situation gets resolved, though

if drunk people get in your face don't do anything, just ignore them and don't provoke them

humble on
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

k, and what if everyone starts buying guns? they get stolen, found by children, picked up in heated domestic violence etc.

because i understand that you'd be resonsible and knowledgebale about whre to store your firearm, but plenty of people won' t.

there's like 300 million legal guns in the US and november 08 - all of 09 guns were being sold like hot cakes at the cannabis cup because people thought the gubbmint was gonna ban all the fun ones

rise in violent crime? nope

Dead Legend on
    edited July 2010

if drunk people get in your face don't do anything, just ignore them and don't provoke them

yes, this is exactly what happened two nights ago

drunk shirtless dudes started gettin' up in our shit, we were walking away and continued to walk away

Charles Kinbote on
    edited July 2010

if you're already in a fight you should either a) look at getting the fuck away as fast as possible or b) end it as soon as possible with extreme violence

last option sucks when you're outnumbered and you have someone with you to protect (like my girlfriend)

also the only time i ever had to fight and it sucked. got hit pretty hard a few times and it's hard to fight three people at the same thime when you have no idea what you're doing. dit get one good nosebreaker in at least.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

there's like 300 million legal guns in the US and november 08 - all of 09 guns were being sold like hot cakes at the cannabis cup because people thought the gubbmint was gonna ban all the fun ones

that's because all criminals pretty much had guns at that time no?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

because i understand that you'd be resonsble and knowledgebale about your firearm, but plenty of people won' t.

Those scenarios are old wives tales. Like the bogey man and the yeti.

In fact, studies have shown children exposed to guns by responsible parents when put in a position of finding a gun (during a controlled experiment) actually knew to not fuck with it and just not touch it because they're dangerous where kids not exposed to them played with it like a toy.

Also, replace gun in your statement with knife, baseball bat, sledgehammer, ice pick, etc and you'll see that if you want to kill someone you're going to find a way to do it.

Hunter on
  • NebulousQNebulousQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

because you can't control your sayan powers, right?

Naw, because you never know what the other guy is packing. Or how many friends he has. Or what those friends of his are packing.

I still remember sitting in the school library at lunch when some guy I never met before comes up to talk to me. We chat for awhile and then he goes hey look at this and pulls out a knife with over a 6" blade on it.

I also remember getting jumped by a philipino gang over a basketball game. One guy had a problem with me and then the next thing I know they all have a problem with me.

I also remember multiple times sitting in the nearby supermarket when gang fights between wanna-be gangs would break out. I remember one time I was sitting there watching these two groups of guys stand there yelling at each other when all of a sudden bam bat to the face and violence broke out. It was like a free show.

NebulousQ on
    edited July 2010
    all i'm saying is that i was pretty glad those thugs who jumped me didn't have any guns because they are a bitch to get a hold of here unless you're a hardcore criminal. and they don't run around shooting people willy nilly. they kill other criminals.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    heh, guns

I fend off all would be attackers with COLD STEEL

1581605986.01-1.MAIN._SX300_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

These people watch way to much anime.

Hunter on
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

ehh i'm not an fbi crime analyst so i can't really say

Dead Legend on
    edited July 2010
    all i'm saying is that i was pretty glad those thugs who jumped me didn't have any guns because they are a bitch to get a hold of here unless you're a hardcore criminal. and they don't run around shooting people willy nilly. they kill other criminals.

If they wanted to kill you, access to a gun would be irrelevant. They would have killed you with any one of a million other objects or just kicked your head in.

Hunter on
  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    my personal experience with fighting:

once, when I was about five or so, my mom just got so fed up with me for something that she just smacked me right in the face. Now, mind you, this was a very Portland, OR, touchy-feely liberal kind of family. I don't think I had ever been hit in the face by anything or anyone in my life, nor had I done as such to anyone else.

I stand there for a moment, just shocked, and then repeat the mantra I was taught, my voice starting to break and tears welling up:

"We" *sob* "don't" *sob* "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" *crying*

Backwardsname on
    edited July 2010

If they wanted to kill you, access to a gun would be irrelevant. They would have killed you with any one of a million other objects or just kicked your head in.

Pretty much this.

The means don't matter if they have the intent to kill.

Like robbery victims who are told to get face down on the floor. Pretty much guaranteed death sentence right then.

Dead Legend on
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

i'm not either but by your own assertion the rise in purchases was because of governmental fears, which are much more likely to be held by people like you than criminals

satansfingers on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ugh, I've been in one fight and had someone try to mug me once. In the fight some cracked out white trash in Seaside decided she didn't like my pants (legit, she didn't like my baggy jeans and felt the need to hit me over it). And then I just knocked her down and sat on her until my friend was able to get a couple cops to arrest her. That was really bizarre and I'll be happy if that's the only fight I'm in.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited July 2010

no, we eventually ovepowered them/scared them off (got lucky with some friends who came looking for us), but i don't think they would have given up that easily if they could have threatened us with a gun. ( they wanted all our moniez)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited July 2010
    jesus christ hunter.

i'm not either but by your own assertion the rise in purchases was because of governmental fears, which are much more likely to be held by people like you than criminals

true. that just goes to show that the majority of gun owners are responsible i guess?

anyway, most criminals aren't going to buy guns because they are expensive, they're going to steal them. or buy cheap shitty ones.

Dead Legend on
    edited July 2010
    well, no, it shows that one particular anomaly in gun purchasing patterns was tied up in fears not held by most criminals

satansfingers on
    edited July 2010
    also hunter you only adressed one of my concerns. what abou the other two?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

Pretty much this.

The means don't matter if they have the intent to kill.

Like robbery victims who are told to get face down on the floor. Pretty much guaranteed death sentence right then.

hoo boy this again

listen guys -- apparently ease and mechanical aids have nothing to do with human action! If you want to get from Pennsylvania to Los Angeles, it's not like you're more likely to do with a car! You'll just walk if you really want it! Technology that makes things easier never influences' peoples intentions at all. Nope.

Backwardsname on
    edited July 2010
    jesus fuck, if you're getting mugged just give them your shit and don't fight back

not when it's just two scrawnly little marocs who then proceed to get their whole fucking tribe and jump you in the next ally.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited July 2010

no, we eventually ovepowered them/scared them off (got lucky with some friends who came looking for us), but i don't think they would have given up that easily if they could have threatened us with a gun. ( they wanted all our moniez)

any money i'm carrying in my wallet is so not worth the cost of having to take a trip to the doctor and get patched up cause i wanted to hang on to some cash.

and the credit cards ain't no thing cause you can cancel them any time.

Dead Legend on
    edited July 2010

So if they were armed with pipe bombs and flame throwers you could have kicked ass, but a 22 pistol and it was like France circa 1940 when the Germans came calling.

Hunter on
    edited July 2010
    well, no, it shows that one particular anomaly in gun purchasing patterns was tied up in fears not held by most criminals

because they can get their firearms elsewhere via other criminals or criminal activities??

Dead Legend on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jesus fuck, if you're getting mugged just give them your shit and don't fight back

Pretty much this. Granted, the one time I got mugged I fought back and the got arrested because I chased after them yelling for help when they tried to take off. I did get a nasty black eye though. Fuck those assholes. But yea, smart thing to do is give up our shit. Unless your Bruce Wayne's folks.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited July 2010
    had they mugged me at gunpoint damn right i would have given it up.

see my point?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited July 2010
    my friends used to drive out to Diablo Canyon (I think? don't quite remember) and line their cars up in a circle facing inwards with the headlights on and beat the christ out of each other

I also got in a couple fights with, uh, aggressive hispanic males in Santa Fe

really don't know very much about fighting, and most of the fights were over as fast as they started

I hate fighting, it is the dumbest shit

Charles Kinbote on