As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Rambunctious Young Krogan Lasses

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where are these TIM background comics?

electricitylikesme on
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Now you ruined it. That's exactly what it will be.

Only ME2 bug was with that stupid robot that was supposed to walk forward and clear a path... DAMN THING WOULDN'T WALK!

In ME1 though I repeatedly had a bug where elevators simply wouldn't move. I'd reload and go to the same elevator and it would suddenly work. It of course tended to happen right when I hadn't saved in awhile.

Also I totally let the council die, cause what the hell does protecting the council have to do with killing a big ass Repear? Obviously no matter what you choose it will magically work out in the end but come on, be logical!

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In ME1 I'd repeatedly find enemies stuck behind walls where I couldn't get at them. Made completing certain areas a gigantic pain. And then there was the one time I destroyed that Geth transmitter on Feros but it didn't register...weird.

Orca on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure if it's a bug but I lifted Benezia into the Rachnii cage and she intantly died

Dox the PI on
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, I'm probably the millionth person to comment on this, but I played through Bring Down the Sky for the first time today (because I only discovered it was free on the PC today), and
    Why the hell didn't Shepard have Joker turn on the stealth system and follow whatsisnuts until the hostages were secured, then explode/disable their ship?

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • _Mattman__Mattman_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So, I'm probably the millionth person to comment on this, but I played through Bring Down the Sky for the first time today (because I only discovered it was free on the PC today), and
    Why the hell didn't Shepard have Joker turn on the stealth system and follow whatsisnuts until the hostages were secured, then explode/disable their ship?
    I have that on a bonus disc but I've never touched it. I'm too infatuated with ME2 to go back to the first. Is it any good?

_Mattman_ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _Mattman_ wrote: »
    I have that on a bonus disc but I've never touched it. I'm too infatuated with ME2 to go back to the first. Is it any good?

Better then any other side mission and 100x better then pinicle station

Dox the PI on
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

If you like shooting batarians, it is exactly that. There is also Mako involvement, if you loathe such things. It's basically a new planet (asteroid, really) that you can land on, complete with a few missions and maybe a moral choice or two.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    edited July 2010
    If you like shooting batarians, it is exactly that. There is also Mako involvement, if you loathe such things. It's basically a new planet (asteroid, really) that you can land on, complete with a few missions and maybe a moral choice or two.
    A Mako mission with actual exploration? That's what I wanted all along! I totally have to check that out. And play the sequel for a fourth time.

_Mattman_ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    A Mako mission with actual exploration? That's what I wanted all along! I totally have to check that out. And play the sequel for a fourth time.

Exploration in that it's not a story planet "drive along this straight path to place, get out, shoot guys" place. It's more or less like any generic planet, big square of drivable area, there's some bits visible on the map, some you have to find, etc etc.

NEO|Phyte on
    edited July 2010
    Exploration in that it's not a story planet "drive along this straight path to place, get out, shoot guys" place. It's more or less like any generic planet, big square of drivable area, there's some bits visible on the map, some you have to find, etc etc.
    Does the entire DLC take place on the planet, or is it just a side mission with some hidden goodies? Because I thought the Mako sections in the first game were largely unrewarding. If there are decisions and combat to be had, I will have finally gotten what I had hoped for out of the Mako exploration. :)

_Mattman_ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Does the entire DLC take place on the planet, or is it just a side mission with some hidden goodies? Because I thought the Mako sections in the first game were largely unrewarding. If there are decisions and combat to be had, I will have finally gotten what I had hoped for out of the Mako exploration. :)

Entire DLC is on the planet.

NEO|Phyte on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just play it, I mean it's not like you have to cut a finger off or something.

TychoCelchuuu on
    edited July 2010
    Just curious. I'm definitely playing it eventually.

_Mattman_ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yea BDtS was a good DLC. It was of reasonable length for the price (anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on if you've done it before and what difficulty you're playing on) and for a mako stage it as far better than any other mako planet in ME. It was a lot like Overlord if you've played it for ME2 in its layout and progression.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I always saved it and the Lunar mission for when I was sick of scrounging around texture.terrain_planet_0xx.

Pinnacle station, if it hasn't been mentioned recently is not worth it (not if you have ME2 anyway) unless you just want to have everything in the game. The apartment is nice and all particularly for the vendor, but the "mission" itself is really really bland and infuriating on Insanity.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited July 2010
    Bring Down the Sky was, IMO, what all the main questline Mako sections should have been, and most of the side missions besides. Big, pretty scenery, mountains that aren't jagged peaks from hell, ignorable exploration bits, a moral choice and some solid fighting.

Also, FUCK Engineers and varren spam at low levels.

I don't suggest trying it at high difficulty and low level unless you enjoy frustration. :)

Orca on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    In ME1 I'd repeatedly find enemies stuck behind walls where I couldn't get at them. Made completing certain areas a gigantic pain. And then there was the one time I destroyed that Geth transmitter on Feros but it didn't register...weird.

Certain events don't register in ME1 properly.

It particularly sucks when you're in one of the game sections where you hadn't been allowed to save for a while.

Synthesis on
    edited July 2010
    More ME1 musings:

Why doesn't the colonists alive counter increment down when the colony leader shoots himself on Feros?

The Thorian fight is far more fun if you go out of your way to Push each clone off the platforms for instant kills.

NEO|Phyte on
    edited July 2010
    The Thorian fight is far more fun if you go out of your way to Push each clone off the platforms for instant kills.

I love doing this. Bonus points for a Lift followed by machine-gunning them off the platform.

Orca on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I love doing this. Bonus points for a Lift followed by machine-gunning them off the platform.

Damn it, I should have done this. Sounds way more fun.

Synthesis on
    edited July 2010
    Synthesis wrote: »

Damn it, I should have done this. Sounds way more fun.

It's actually a little difficult; easier with shotgun + carnage because they don't stay Lifted very long. Kind of like krogans and armatures in that respect. Annoying buggers.

Orca on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BDtS was nearly ideal

but thinking back on it, it really highlights the lacking parts of overlord

particularly the lack of a map

i mean 90% of ME2 is lacking a map

WHY

there's no good reason not to include one

you have the button right there

why you gotta leave it grayed out all the time

why you gotta do me like this

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BDtS was nearly ideal

but thinking back on it, it really highlights the lacking parts of overlord

particularly the lack of a map

i mean 90% of ME2 is lacking a map

WHY

there's no good reason not to include one

you have the button right there

why you gotta leave it grayed out all the time

why you gotta do me like this

Does Gears of War have a map? Exactly.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i don't understand the logic behind that decision either

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What happens if you "pull" and then "throw" people in ME2? Well at least I can launch people if I do a pull and then apply a Combustion-Shot(?) afterwards. Its always fun watching then doing wheelies towards the level borders :D (while being on fire).

Dratatoo on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    What happens if you "pull" and then "throw" people in ME2? Well at least I can launch people if I do a pull and then apply a Combustion-Shot(?) afterwards. Its always fun watching then doing wheelies towards the level borders :D (while being on fire).

When weightless, Throw or Concussive Shot sends people flying ridiculous amounts. On Garrus' loyalty mission, I Pulled and then Heavy Throw'd a dude straight up

apparently there is no ceiling where we were fighting

because he was the last guy I finished off in the fight

and he took 20 seconds to come back down again

and he didn't even hit the ground

he landed on some crates stacked 50 feet high.

This post has simulated the wait I experienced looking for his body to come down.

DarkPrimus on
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The worst is when they land on some far away piece of geography that still is in the bounds of the level. Basically what happens is that you constantly hear their screams, but can't kill them, making it impossible to advance to the next party of the level in some parts, or making it so that your squadmates wont revive after the fight (I found this fun tidbit out during my Insanity Adept Run on Grunt's planet).

It's more funny when they survive a biotic attack. They end up screaming until they die.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ^Pretty much.

3cl1ps3 on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

he's stuck, on top of a box? D:

Please don't tell me thats actual in game screaming, Please tell me its some edit someone made

Buttcleft on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

he's stuck, on top of a box? D:

Please don't tell me thats actual in game screaming, Please tell me its some edit someone made

That needs to be autotuned, STAT.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It sounds like in-game but at the same time I think.... maybe? they edited it a bit.

DarkPrimus on
    edited July 2010
    They didn't edit it. It's happened to me before on the same planet. Sometimes they'll completely glitch out and stop firing altogether, other times they'll keep on screaming while still shooting at me. It's sort of entertaining, at least for the first 30 seconds.

finnith on
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just started playing through on Insanity. Really sucks the fun right out of the game. Encounters now seem waaay too long, with wave after wave of enemies slaughtering your moronic teammates.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just started playing through on Insanity. Really sucks the fun right out of the game. Encounters now seem waaay too long, with wave after wave of enemies slaughtering your moronic teammates.

Sure they have more health, but it's still not half as bad as even one enemy with immunity

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

It's like I am always finding out something new about this game.

Lux on
    edited July 2010
    screaming is the new enemies everywhere

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    edited July 2010
    Spoit wrote: »

Sure they have more health, but it's still not half as bad as even one enemy with immunity

I agree with Spoit (for once). I think ME2 Insanity finds a great balance between bullet sponge and difficulty. As long as you can take off their shields, armor, or barriers, you should be fine.

finnith on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    screaming is the new enemies everywhere

no, the new enemies everywhere comes from your allies, actuYEAH, RIGHT ON YOUR ASS

Nuzak on
  • johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dunno if this has been posted yet. A bunch of people is building a Grunt costume for comic con and they are almost done. See the results here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfdJHMQY6ts&feature=player_embedded

johnwing on