As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA - Hivebent: The Week of Making Out

SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう판다리아Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Social Entropy++
Wow.
Avraham wrote: »
>Pick up the webcomic
You're not sure if that's a verb copasetic with the abstract behavioral medium in which you post, but you give it a shot

ophomestuck.png

Hey there! For the uninitiated, MSPA is a website run by artist/writer/animator Andrew Hussie. Homestuck is a comic framed as if it were a text adventure game, told in second person. The command beneath each panel serves a "next" button. Don't forget to read all the dialogue and watch all the musical animations!

Homestuck is also an epic story of time travel paradoxes, alien civilizations, chess monsters, teleportation, human cloning, and Nick Cage tributes.

Wait, forget about that. That sounds incredibly silly! What's the story really all about?
Andrew wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Futility brought on by their own mistakes.
Are they mistakes if they have no free will? If their mistakes are the reason they exist in the first place?
Whoops, there you go, asking the Ultimate Riddle.

Why you got to be asking all these Ultimate Riddles like that???

Homestuck is a seven act story in progress, currently at Act 5. There will be a short hiatus 7/20 to 7/27, so now is a good time to get caught up, or reread the story.

Earth heroes

homestuckgunnerkrigg.png

Alternian heroes

trolltracker-2.png

their social standing:

02122.gif

Homestuck Music is available for purchase and download!

resources from the MSPA forums:
npipr.gif

Troll logs in plain English
current Incipisphere map by Tenebrais
Grist Cache by Tenebrais

Compendium of Unanswered Homestuck Questions
Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer
Obvious Things You Didn't Notice for Months
Preemptive Troll Naming Topic
Voice Acting thread
Fan Music thread
MSPA Emoticons II: Shrunken Heads Abound
Homestuck Fan Radio
Introduction to the MSPA Forums

Current fan art threads, ripe for crossposting
MSPA Fanart 16: 12 Trolls + 4 Kids = D4(^2)'d
ROMANTIC FANART %: We're 0k with this

But wait, there's more! The MSPA format has inspired a whole forum of original adventures. Roomland and Deadly Dance are two of the most notable.
Favorite Forum Adventure Directory
Completed Forum Adventures
Forum Adventure Mirroring Site

Other notable things by Andrew Hussie

Misc confusing stuff:
sillyjack.gif
The server user builds up the client's house.
An exile's station will appear at the server user's location. That exile will talk to the client.
For example, WV found the cork station at Rose's place and talked to John.
The station will resemble the cruxite item.

John had a blue Sassacre book, and found an aged brown copy in a safe. The brown book had an inscription from his Nanna, which we saw at the start of Act 3. At the end of act 3, Nannasprite inscribed the blue book and sent it to LOWAS. Grandpa Harley retrieved it and took it to the Veil. The blue book went back in time on a meteor and eventually became the brown book.

Rose and Dave dream on Derse and hear the gods. Aradia hears the voices of her dead ancestors. Terezi dreams on Prospit and hears her incubating lusus. Sollux hears screams of the imminently deceased and has psychic visions.

GG > TG > TT > EB
Red team: AT > TC > GC > CG
Blue team: AC > AA > [AG or CT].
TA will presumably be on the blue team.

SabreMau on

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I warned you dogg

I told you about preemptive thread-making

Squall on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    larlar's probably reading this thread right now, hoping to see a bunch of angry reactions

real cool

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    well, Sabre holds the mantle might as well give it to him.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have just now figured out the ending to Homestuck

Lord English is the reader, and the way we are beaten is that Hussie unveils his character picture and description generating program, which he will deploy to automatically update Homestuck 25 times a day with introductions to new characters and the first few pages of their stories.

At first some of us will think it's the greatest thing ever, but then the seams will start to show, we'll have cataloged all the different combinations and be able to predict what's next. After three months Hussie will relent and end with a declaration of ad infinitum/nauseum but all but the most hardcore would have conceded defeat.

Seriously on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Posting in this, it did come first.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    larlar - mind easer

Projeck on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    larlar's probably reading this thread right now, hoping to see a bunch of angry reactions

real cool

rolleyes.gif

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Did you guys have the OP already quoted?

I didn't think you could even get to the quote post screen in a locked thread

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ha! gotcha

that was a fake angry reaction

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I thought we had a solid thread but give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile, so I can understand why.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    You win this round.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Trying to recreate all the links and images without a Quote button available does take up some time. Lots of Ctrl-Tab back and forth to copy things in.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    LilliLilli Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh no! Our hubris and preemptive thread making.

Lilli on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously wrote: »

yeah people have it quoted and saved

happens to reoccurring threads

Raneados on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

You can't, that I can recall. I think a lot of people foresaw the closing of that thread due to being preemptive (which is apparently a big deal? I dunno, I'm kinda new in town) plus Sabre is always on top of things sooooo

no surprises there.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Yup, just in case the thread got locked, which did just happen. Good that Sabremau also quoted it, it was a fabulous OP, shame it could have gotten lost.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Poor thread

Cut down in its prime

Why must the tall poppy always get the chop :(

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    edited July 2010
    But I didn't quote it. At least, not with the automatic quoting button. As soon as I saw the thread locked, I just selected the entire post, copy-pasted it in, and then started importing the links and images one-by-one using the createlink.gif button.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You can't, that I can recall. I think a lot of people foresaw the closing of that thread due to being preemptive (which is apparently a big deal? I dunno, I'm kinda new in town) plus Sabre is always on top of things sooooo

no surprises there.

I'd say we are rather civil here and wouldn't cause too much ruckus but I do think it is fine of the mods to say on top of what we may consider unnecessary rules, nip a possible problem i nthe bud, so to speak.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    muse is the teenage girl who speaks for us all

a little child shall lead us, as it is written

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    But I didn't quote it. At least, not with the automatic quoting button. As soon as I saw the thread locked, I just selected the entire post, copy-pasted it in, and then started importing the links and images one-by-one using the createlink.gif button.

What? No way, I even mentioned that I copy/quoted the OP in the first pages, I could have sent you a copy! Poor Sabremau.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »

That's right. Sabre suffered for your sins.

Winky on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    I warned you dogg

I told you about preemptive thread-making

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    muse is the teenage girl who speaks for us all

a little child shall lead us, as it is written

I'll admit sometimes I find some of the rules frustrating but I can respect the principal behind it.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

no surprises there.

I'd say we are rather civil here and wouldn't cause too much ruckus but I do think it is fine of the mods to say on top of what we may consider unnecessary rules, nip a possible problem i nthe bud, so to speak.

I've always been a fan of case-by-case judging of situations.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    no one cares dogg

we all have had beefs but really don't get mad at internets

Skull Man on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Two in the morning ten minute fanart frenzy GO
    mrnowhere.png

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ha! gotcha

that was a fake angry reaction

The Skull Man ruse was a....

DISTACTION

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TraikanTraikan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Now everyone is over here!

I just can't keep up.

Traikan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    no one cares dogg

we all have had beefs but really don't get mad at internets

Do I look like Karkat over here? Is that what you're saying? Are you saying I look like some 13 year old gray kid with candy cane horns and a constant grimace? Are you saying I was born as some sort of grub and that I was raised by a monstrous crab creature, and that I'm always getting angry at things. IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYIN?!

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    lil bit

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wants to be in the last posts in a thread so when it reaches the moon they go ahead and make a new one but then people are posting in the old thread and people are getting mad at them for posting in the old thread they're all like pay attention silly goose but the new thread is titled by some clever quote and halfway down the page and the old thread is right there in the user panel and how were they supposed to know and there are two threads at the same time and people are trying to cite rules at each other and then the old one gets locked and then the new one gets locked so five people make another one so all those have to get locked

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the aristocrats

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

no surprises there.

I've always been a fan of case-by-case judging of situations.

There is a principle behind it, I can understand that. But it doesn't seem like it was too much trouble for anybody so we should just move on to enjoying our thread :)

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This all happened because last night I had to go see Grown Ups for the second time at the other theater, and I didn't much like it, but then I got back and there were two threads up and it was all very chaotic, but then a few hours later I had to go screen Standing Ovation and it's worse than Last Airbender.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm being quoted in the title!

I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So, speaking of Karkat, I wonder what color his blood is. HIS GRAY TEXT COLOR IS SO DAMN MYSTERIOUS I'M ALL CURIOUS. NOT AS CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT GA, YEAH I GOT THAT RIGHT THIS TIME, WHAT GA'S REAL NAME IS, AND WHAT THOSE FREAKY WATER PURPLE-BLOODS ARE ALL ABOUT. FOR SOMEONE WHOSE PRETTY OBSESSED WITH B1OOD COLOR STATUS EQUIUS SEEMS TO PRETTY EASILY DISCOUNT THEM FOR SOME REASON.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I guess we'll be getting to how Terezi lost her eyes soon. Should be interesting.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Maybe CA and CC are King and Queen of Trollkids.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    At least we know why Troll culture is all about kids knowing about architecture.

Doc Scratch!

Seriously on
This discussion has been closed.