As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A funny [chat] happened on the way to the forum

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    isn't thom's issue with his father in-law a class thing?

Part of it is. I'm lower middle class. Leigh's family is upper class and there is a conflict there.
    Wait, when did you get a chance to demonstrate this? Is taking your daughter's boyfriend shooting a thing down there?

You didn't get to hear this story? So a while back, Leigh's dad came to Houston for business. And he wanted to meet me. So this was arranged. And he's pretty old school, and I think he was assuming I was Leigh's age rather then my real age. This lead to him trying to do the whole "intimidate the hell out of the boyfriend" thing. He did this by arranging to meet me at a local gun range where he rented a Desert Eagle chambered for .50AE. Now this gun has a reputation, and it's reputation is that it's owners are morons and Counterstrike players. So we did some shooting. Now I'm a target shooter. It's how I relax, is making sure I put every shot where I want it to be. He wanted to scare me with the big loud gun. Which didn't work so well when most of his shots weren't hitting the target and I had a nice grouping.
    Nothing impresses a dad who shoots like knowing how to shoot. We went target shooting for my "bachelor party". My wife's dad came along. I put 3 of 8 from a .45 into the bullseye and the remaining 5 into the first ring. We pulled the target back, he pulls it off the cardboard, looks at it, turns to me and goes "If Nickie ever gives you lip, just show her this."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Wally read the debate page on wiki. Basically it comes down that it is from conditions for some diseases but a lot of the diseases are just commonly carried by the animals who we get milk from. About the only way you will be able to lower you chances of getting sick is by milking your own cows in a barn and environment you take care of yourself.

please don't send people who have done some actual research to debate pages on wikipedia. it simultaneously make you look foolish and insults the intelligence of the other party.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    isn't thom's issue with his father in-law a class thing?

yeah, the father in law is a hunter, and thom is a rogue

I was so going to make this joke and then didn't. Glad somebody capitalized. Bravo.

Smurph on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hm, speaking of pax and nice jackets...

How am I going to get my suit to PAX without wrinkling the hell out of it?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    1275509823913015.jpeg

Is that for sale somewhere?

I need a backpack that's initially amusing, but that will eventually be a source of embarrassment.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Buy a suit bag, and pack it at the top of your suitcase?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We're not like... going to have dinner and drinks anywhere nice are we? I'm not really big on wearing something nicer than a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    Man, I think the non-stick coating on this pan has finally gone completely to shit.

But I don't want to buy a new frying pan :(

Non-stick pans are for chumps anyway :P

I'd rather not have to use a bunch of oil and get fat.

MrMister on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wally read the debate page on wiki. Basically it comes down that it is from conditions for some diseases but a lot of the diseases are just commonly carried by the animals who we get milk from. About the only way you will be able to lower you chances of getting sick is by milking your own cows in a barn and environment you take care of yourself.

please don't send people who have done some actual research to debate pages on wikipedia. it simultaneously make you look foolish and insults the intelligence of the other party.

Wiki is quick. You want I can dig up more. But in general someone said it best, if you have a couple of cows it is easier to maintain the conditions need to reduce the risk of raw milk. The more you get the harder it becomes.

And Wally, how do I know you have researched this in large ways. Nothing you have stated has shown that. So if you have you have not mentioned it in this [chat]. Or do you expect me to read your entire post history to know this?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

That seems..sensible? I was asking because I'm genuinely curious. I've owned this suit for all of like, 2 months now.

Of course, maybe you just had the ? mark at the end as you were asking a question. Sometimes a ? at the end of the statement means you were being snarky and sometimes it means you are being curious. Oh internets!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    We're not like... going to have dinner and drinks anywhere nice are we? I'm not really big on wearing something nicer than a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.
    At PAX East we were classy dudes for a night. Jackets and ties.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Wiki is quick. You want I can dig up more. But in general someone said it best, if you have a couple of cows it is easier to maintain the conditions need to reduce the risk of raw milk. The more you get the harder it becomes.

And Wally, how do I know you have researched this in large ways. Nothing you have stated has shown that. So if you have you have not mentioned it in this [chat]. Or do you expect me to read your entire post history to know this?

just check the dossier you keep on each forumer

updated continually with intimate details and hair samples

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

They did a fancy dinner at PAX East Silas.

Are you going to let those east coast fuck-wads outclass us?!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

That seems..sensible? I was asking because I'm genuinely curious. I've owned this suit for all of like, 2 months now.

Of course, maybe you just had the ? mark at the end as you were asking a question. Sometimes a ? at the end of the statement means you were being snarky and sometimes it means you are being curious. Oh internets!
    I didn't know if you had a suit bag, or if your suitcase was shoulder-width wide. But this is how I transported mine to PAX East and it worked out fine, just hang it up once you're there.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If this happens at Prime I'll probably just go to my hotel room and get stinking drunk there. And while everyone else is partying it up, I'll say nasty things I don't really mean about them in [chat].

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    mori even I went to the nice east dinner

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If this happens at Prime I'll probably just go to my hotel room and get stinking drunk there. And while everyone else is partying it up, I'll say nasty things I don't really mean about them in [chat].
    Justin wore khakis and a polo shirt and was accepted into the herd.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

OR

you could rent a pure white tuxedo with tails that nearly brush the ground

and a glistening alabaster top hat

and show up and punk their fancy faces off

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I didn't know if you had a suit bag, or if your suitcase was shoulder-width wide. But this is how I transported mine to PAX East and it worked out fine, just hang it up once you're there.

I have a suit bag that came with a different bag and I'm sure I can get a suitcase that is shoulder width at least from my dad if I can't find one.

Thanks for the pointers matt. <3

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so i have determined that if you blend an avocado with yogurt and garlic and then put it on salad with olive oil and lemon juice it is delicious

also fuck excel

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Why should we act like yuppie Easterners? We are the hippie coast and we should be proud of it!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Will was like the Ricardo Montalban of our group that night too. The classiest.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Why should we act like yuppie Easterners? We are the hippie coast and we should be proud of it!

CIVIL WAR i'm with mazzyx

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am cooking a pork fillet tonight. Om nom nom

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You guys are breaking my finely dressed heart.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    pax prime are hippies, pax east are elitists

I'm fine with that

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Since I'm in favor of being finely dressed I guess that makes me Iron Man.

Which makes me Tony Stark.

Which makes me Robert Downie Jr.

Are you really going to side against this trifecta of awesome?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I used a suit bag for PAX East but Bama had this suit bag luggage combo thing that folded in half. It was fucking cool.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Choco is making me hot dogs and kraft dinner <3<3<3

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

You guys are breaking my finely dressed heart.

You can dress nice. But guessing from last years pictures of PAX prime, it just means you outclass. Which you will anyways.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I used a suit bag for PAX East but Bama had this suit bag luggage combo thing that folded in half. It was fucking cool.

Bama is truly all class.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You can dress nice. But guessing from last years pictures of PAX prime, it just means you outclass. Which you will anyways.

Dawww <3

It would be weird being the only nicely dressed up person.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wanted that suit bag luggage combo thing.

Couldn't find anything in the hotel to bludgeon Bama with though.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gay thread is terrible thread.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Since I'm in favor of being finely dressed I guess that makes me Iron Man.

Which makes me Tony Stark.

Which makes me Robert Downie Jr.

Are you really going to side against this trifecta of awesome?

I'm not scared! I'm gonna run you down! Here we go!

vlcsnap2010071820h50m46.png

GERONIMOOOOOO!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yeah, that's usually how that goes.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Part of it, is I loathe to check baggage. To bring my suit I have to check a bag. Even though I get two bags free(flying southwest) getting checked baggage at DIA can take like an hour. Its horrible so I usually just do carry-on for anything two weeks or less.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Choco is making me hot dogs and kraft dinner <3<3<3
    p_franklink_frank.jpg

+

40113cl.gif

:?:

that is my dinner

we are the same

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Are they still complaining that gay rights activists are distracting the country from the economy?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

Yeah, that's usually how that goes.

look you gaymos need to just wait for a non-terrible gay thread to gaypoast in

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.