As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

game over man

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I ought to play this more tonight

i will be up for a game in a bit if anyone is willing to accept a drunken player

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i am also down for a game

what's your steam name, Fandyien?

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    it is

Fandyien

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man, I just saw that there was such a thing as fast reloading. This is going to save me from so many deaths.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    well then

sent you a request

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    Oh man, I just saw that there was such a thing as fast reloading. This is going to save me from so many deaths.

bro

bro.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, dang.
    Alien Swarm
    The Vindicator’s grenade explosion effect should no longer crash users running a GTX260 graphics card.
    Fixed a bug where marines would continue to be buffed by the Damage Amp if they were standing in it when it expired.
    Fixed ammo usage on the Tesla Cannon to properly decrease 4 times a second instead of 2 (doubled clip size to account for this).
    Rebalanced Tesla Cannon’s damage to encourage it to be used more as a support weapon.
    Tesla Cannon will now use ammo slowly even when it isn’t damaging something.

Fixed Unicode text chat

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dang

antiboner

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would like to play this now, with some people who would also like to play this.
    Who would like to play this?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/GMijango

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    FlatEric wrote: »
    Well, dang.
    Alien Swarm
    The Vindicator’s grenade explosion effect should no longer crash users running a GTX260 graphics card.
    Fixed a bug where marines would continue to be buffed by the Damage Amp if they were standing in it when it expired.
    Fixed ammo usage on the Tesla Cannon to properly decrease 4 times a second instead of 2 (doubled clip size to account for this).
    Rebalanced Tesla Cannon’s damage to encourage it to be used more as a support weapon.
    Tesla Cannon will now use ammo slowly even when it isn’t damaging something.

Fixed Unicode text chat

Yeah I knew that thing was OP. I won't be surprised if the vindicator gets a slight nerf later on.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Need one more for Insane!

TheStig on
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    First time playing was last night. Had a great game with randoms, almost no FF and a good balance with a decent medic, tech, sarge, and Wep Spec...
    Until we got the last level and then we discovered that the aliens were just a mini game and the real main game was drawing wangs.

It devolved into us drawing wangs on the mission map during briefing for 30 minutes.
    At one point it was a competition to see who could draw a stickfigure and finish before someone else gave it a cock and balls. The level of coordination was astounding. The comments over mic had me cracking up and we didn't even finish the last level.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Flamethrower and extra ammo
    burn
    everything

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    rockmonkey wrote: »
    First time playing was last night. Had a great game with randoms, almost no FF and a good balance with a decent medic, tech, sarge, and Wep Spec...
    Until we got the last level and then we discovered that the aliens were just a mini game and the real main game was drawing wangs.

It devolved into us drawing wangs on the mission map during briefing for 30 minutes.
    At one point it was a competition to see who could draw a stickfigure and finish before someone else gave it a cock and balls. The level of coordination was astounding. The comments over mic had me cracking up and we didn't even finish the last level.

Mission map? That you can draw on?

What the shit?

Gonna fuck around with that so much...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There needs to be an equippable item to double the time it takes for your drawings to disappear

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I played a little bit last night. Game seems really fun but pick-up-groups are murder. There's always the one guy who runs ahead of everyone and the other dude who lags behind. The game wouldn't be anywhere near as difficult if people learned to stay with the group.

It's like they've never seen Aliens before.

Also, they need to learn not to run-around erratically in front of other people's machine-gun fire.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Running ahead should never be the problem. You have to keep moving forward. It is the responsibility of the rest of the team to keep up with you. Unless there is some other objective. If there are enemies behind, shoot them while moving and keep up with the team. Of course you are getting swarmed if you are sitting way behind your team.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Uh no holmes, if dudes are getting attacked and need to stop a minute to fend them off you should be there to help them, not a million miles away.

Its exactly like l4d where a dude can get stomped by 5 guys and idiots are too busy being all "keep up fgt" over mic to actually look behind them.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nah. They should just keep moving. People in both games have this big problem of just dicking around in one area instead of doing the one thing they should really be doing, which is keep moving. You can still shoot when you are moving, and you don't get slowed down by enemies in this like l4d

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Artreus is correct, except that only the bottom three of you should be shooting to avoid FF... the point man should be facing ahead clearing the way and setting the pace... if they are moving, the rest should be moving

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also Trus, Stig, and Ginger

sorry I had to bail so suddenly earlier today

shits were being chucked at me for playing instead of helping clean the apartment :(

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    S'alright by me, was almost 6am i should've been gone long before.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That mall level, or whatever it is, is a different beast from all the ones before it on insane. Also much harder now with the tesla nerf.

TheStig on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    The residential level? Yeah, I'm excited to play it now.

Especially since I have the Gallium Cross and level 1. Gonna be fun.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    gonna play this presently.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Need a 4th for Insane.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just reinstalled Steam and downloaded this. I should be on some time later.

User name: PenguinIncarnate

Go figure.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Would anyone like to swarm some aliens?

TheStig on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    chrishallett83 add me. Steam won't let me add other people, 'cos I've only got this and Portal.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sure, I'm down.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    PI, you are the worst at accepting invites.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well I just tried to do a 2 player campaign with some pubbie random. Wouldn't unweld the doors on the first level, so I shot him in the face with the autocannon until he was really really dead and quit.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Friendly fire is good for something then.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When the tech dies that just means you have 5 seconds to mercy kill your allies

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    He was the tech, I was special weapons.

If you're the tech, unweld the fucking doors.

Or I'll turn your face into mince.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Everyone near the tech gets the weld speed bonus. You can carry it too!

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I didn't want to have to keep dropping my damage+ and picking up the welder, then swapping again every time we got to a welded door or I wanted to weld one shut behind us. It was two-player, do your job and I won't kill the fuck out of you.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sorry about that silent playthrough earlier, Stig. I was on skype at the time with the two other people in game (my roommates), because they prefer it over game chat for some reason.

Dys on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ah, np. I figured you were using other means of communication.

The in game chat doesn't allow for a low enough mic sensitivity.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah when I played a game with Viv and Valvejunkie, her voice was sort of muffled.

I have no idea whether Blake was in the room with her or not.

Donovan Puppyfucker on