Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Shut the door. Have a seat.

12345679»

• MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    well, I thought this was great
    Spoiler:

• Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    well, I thought this was great
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    also,
    Spoiler:

edit:
    Spoiler:

• MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm more unhappy with the way don was acting in this episode than the actual twist. It felt like they forgot this was the last show of the season so they just jammed a bunch of stuff in.

buh buh I was looking at you lying there in tha bed and you looked so nice. I can't stop thinking of you duh duh duh I'm don

I miss Walter white

do not ask for whom the snerd tolls
    edited October 2010
    that being said, the Joan/Peggy scene right after was really cathartic, to the point where Weiner must know what he's doing

• DraperDraper __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I'm more unhappy with the way don was acting in this episode than the actual twist. It felt like they forgot this was the last show of the season so they just jammed a bunch of stuff in.

buh buh I was looking at you lying there in tha bed and you looked so nice. I can't stop thinking of you duh duh duh I'm don

I miss Walter white

When he said "I'm in love with you and I want to marry you" I was basically 100 percent sure it was a dream sequence, and when it turned out it wasn't I couldn't stop laughing and giggling for like 30 seconds. And then after that I got pissed off thinking about how good I expected the episode to be when it turned out being the worst Mad Men episode of all time.

lifefinal3.jpg
    edited October 2010
    that's because you only have baby science

edited October 2010
    I just don't buy that don is all of a sudden 13 and listening to pink Floyd for the first time

• DraperDraper __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2010
    Same. I'm just eager to see what Season 5 is going to be about.

lifefinal3.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    god this is all going to go so horribly

• DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man

It is like the writers overheard me a few weeks ago trying to convince my parents that the glance Don gave Megan didn't mean they were going to hook up

and they just wanted to absolutely pound into the ground the point of how wrong I was

• BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Don's fucked in season 5.

edited October 2010
    i guess engaged doesn't mean getting married

and even if they do get married, don will sleep around, guaranteed.

• risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ugh, I did not like where this episode went...

Curious how long of a break there will be between this and the next season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On the surface, I'd love to believe Don is so infatuated with Megan because she represents the stable, happy family setting he has recently discovered he wants. Or, at least, wants because he's supposed to want it.

Anyway, now that the season is over, let's talk about The Walking Dead

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just love how much shit don gave sterling over jane and he just did the same dang thing

edited October 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I just love how much shit don gave sterling over jane and he just did the same dang thing

I think it's kinda different, though. Actually what Roger did with Jane is closer to what Betty did with Henry. And Don didn't really give Roger shit because she was Don's secretary, but rather he was pissed at Roger for breaking up his family, which despite his utter debauchery, Don is vehemently against.

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    remember though that don has historically been pretty opposed to guys getting with their secretaries in general. he yelled at pete in the pilot for hitting on peggy, and that and roger/jane are hardly the only instances of it coming up. it definitely represents a shift in character for him.

edited October 2010
    Well, not just secretaries, since he didn't want to let it known that he was seeing Faye while she was working for SCDP. He just doesn't like mixing business with pleasure. I'm certain that'll come up in some fashion eventually if they actually get married. Either he'll just want her to stop working at that particular agency, or he'll want her to be a stay at home wife.

bar-cc-1.jpg
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, not just secretaries, since he didn't want to let it known that he was seeing Faye while she was working for SCDP

This isn't a moral (use that word loosely) thing like it is with the secretaries though. They would have both been well and truly fucked professionally - at least Faye would've - if they had gone public with that.

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I started making vector silhouettes of other mad men characters to print out big and put up in my house, I'm going to remake don in vector and also do peggy, betty, bert, and lane

149268_457306462141_500257141_6099850_5300601_n.jpg

76283_457306917141_500257141_6099859_7874262_n.jpg

kQwcZLJ.png
    edited November 2010
    are you going to make prints of them?

is there anyway i could pay you to make copies?

edited November 2010
    Sterling was on 30 Rock by the way, if anyone missed it. He was awesome.

edited November 2010
    yeah of course! I won't charge you for it but you can pay for whatever the printing costs

I haven't figured out where to get them printed

kQwcZLJ.png
    edited November 2010
    edited November 2010
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Probably kind of late, but I just found out that Rubicon got canceled.

:(

penguins.png
    edited November 2010
    haha, that makes the ending to the series really, really awesome.

• risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did anything ever happen? I wanted to like it, but the episodes were just so damn slow I lost interest. Think I made it to 6 or 7.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    It just ended very well, I thought.
    Spoiler:

So but anyway, I like that ending, with a sort of un-satisfaction in terms of making everything end succinctly, than more seasons which might dilute that.

• YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    betty_draper.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
    edited November 2010
    yesss that's my favorite too, even if it doesn't work all that well in silhouette

two more

lane_pryce.png

bert_cooper.png

kQwcZLJ.png
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh man the cooper one is excellent

bugss2.jpg