Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 4e PbP] The Serpent Swallows its Tail (IC)

SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Critical Failures
1st of Uktar, 1479 Dalereckoning -The year of the Ageless One-

It is a bright, brisk day of Uktar. The winds whipping down off the Greypeak mountains buffet the plains. Only the walls and buildings of the small town of Loudwater provide you with protection from their chill. A thin crust of snow blankets the ground, freshly fallen the night before. Here and there the white of the snow is broken by a bit of trash, rubble, or grass.

Wanderlust, tasks, and traumas have brought you to the wayward town that is Loudwater, far from other civilized lands, on the precipice of what is monstrous Najara. Danger surrounds this isolated bastion of civilization, but against odds the town is secure and prospering. Gates stand open during the day, the garrison is full, and travel is steady although always risky. On this morn, for one reason or another, you all find yourself in Loudwater's South Square. Perhaps you were perusing the wares offered by the shops proprietors, merely passing through, or felt drawn here by some mysterious force.

Despite the cold, the South Square is alive with activity and doing a fair business. The snow on the main thoroughfare of the streets is worn through to cobblestone already. Many others mill about, traveling to their destinations, visiting the few shops that line the street, visiting the tavern for a morning tankard of ale, or just trying to stay warm. There are a series of carts parked along the wall and merchants are set up at two of them. One a farmer, the other a traveling merchant, both hocking their wares to the public.

"Get your fresh Vegetables here, last of the season!", cries out the Farmer.

Most folk in the square blend in to the normal hubbub that is daily business in a town of this size, yet a few other souls stick out from the norm.

Map and Instructions:
I need you to place yourselves on the map (tell me where you want to be), describe yourselves, and if you'd like to do a little RP, I encourage it. Maybe meet one or two others of the party if your character is the social type.

Those of you who have History, or streetwise, roll your checks please.

South-Square.jpg
The Cast:

Snowdown on
«13456732

Posts

  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zan is at I10, buying a few things from the farmer for lunch. While he certainly stands out, the people of Loudwater have probably seen adventurers of all shapes and sizes stopping in. After getting some fresh vegetables, Zan begins walking towards the street in-between the curiosities and knives stores: good hubs for fellow adventurers. Perhaps he could enjoy a tale or two. Still, the Genasi keeps his eye open for anything on the way.

    History: 1d20+9 12

    Despite having a knack for knowledge, Zan may not be all that familiar with history pertaining to Loudwater and the surrounding area.

    Squints on
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Starts at E-20

    Rolan stood in the Curiosity shop staring at all the curious collectibles. He absently rolled his orb around in his hands, while he looked on at the goods. With a wave of his hand he would turn his orb from the petrified white that is it's base color to vibrant hues of blue, green, and even deep crimson red.

    As Rolan pondered what he knew about this place, he became distracted as a quite busty woman walked past the entrance to store and headed towards tavern.
    History: 1d20+4=9
    That looks like a good place to go

    He thought as he left the shop for the warm atmosphere of the tavern.

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Garwan's Curiosities:

    A sign bearing the image of a unicorn horn, an hourglass, and the words “Garwan’s Curiosities” hangs at the front of this store. Windows provide a view of bizarre items, including a shrunken head, candy wrapped in colorful leaves, playing cards, smoking accessories, fancifully decorated tankards, and more.

    The shop is dusty and slightly cluttered, with all manner of curios laying about haphazardly. A wizened old Dwarf sits behind the counter, puffing furiously at a prodigious old pipe.

    Oddly, the shop's window displays a single item. A curious black horn, straight, with the base wrapped in worn leather forming a crude looking dagger.

    Snowdown on
  • AlphaboomerangAlphaboomerang Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Start me at... H15

    Thogg is wandering the streets, looking for prospective employers.
    Streetwise: 6 C-C-C-CRITICAL FAILURE

    He remains absolutely silent, however, not even seeming to notice that other pedestrians exist. He starts to head toward the tavern.

    Alphaboomerang on
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Start at J5

    After buying a few supplies from the farmer, and giving him Pelor's blessings, Kallas starts toward the tavern, looking for a good meal and some ale.
    As he moves, he glances around, pondering what little he's heard of Loudwater.

    Korsahn on
    Kallas Sunbringer, Human Invoker
    HP 17/28 Healing Surge 7 (4/8 left)
    AC 14 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Now I'm at the point where when I lose, I feel like I was fairly outplayed; except for [FACTIONS I LOSE TO], those guys are assholes.
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zan looks at the dagger. While not one to wield such a weapon, it certainly looks... interesting! He turns his head as he hears pedestrians huff and swear at Thogg while he barrels through them sauntering over to the tavern. Most of them probably know not to get between a man and his drink, anyway.

    Zan heads into the shop. "Tell me about the dagger," he says smoothly before motioning to the window.

    Squints on
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Noticing the bustle caused by the burly man, barging his way towards the tavern, Kallas smiles s little at the seeming straightforwardness of his actions.
    Taking a slightly closer look around, begins to spot the more exotic amongst the crowd, particularly the stark blue skinned person investigating the knife shop.

    Albreck pokes his head out, tasting the air of the marketplace before scampering onto Kallas' leather shoulder guard as Kallas enters the tavern.
    End at C8.
    !Ready though will gladly rp with anyone!

    Korsahn on
    Kallas Sunbringer, Human Invoker
    HP 17/28 Healing Surge 7 (4/8 left)
    AC 14 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Now I'm at the point where when I lose, I feel like I was fairly outplayed; except for [FACTIONS I LOSE TO], those guys are assholes.
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not here, just a ghost whispering through town to get a blue dot on the thread to keep up with whats going on. See y'all down the road.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Amid the hustle and bustle of the daily grind few notice the short, starry eyed youth wandering through the South Square, taking in the sights with a reserved bemusement. . Breathing heavily into his hands to warm them in the brisk Uktar air, the vapor from his breath obscures the faint silvery rune at his forehead.

    "Facinating" he muses to himself as he listens in on the conversations around him.


    Feeling the anxiety of being around so many unknown people at the same time beginning to rise, Radulus starts off towards the curiosities shop, hoping for a calmer environment, as well as perhaps the chance to view some of the wares of this towns people.


    Streetwise
    start me at H12

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rolan stops following the woman just as he's about to leave Garwan's shop.

    "What kind of playing cards are these?" he inquires of the old man. Looking up from the cards he notice the Genasi in front of him, nervously he waves his hand over his orb and changes it's color to a purple similar to Zan.

    "H-H-hello" Rolan says with a slight bow.
    !ready but willing to RP some more

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Radulus:
    Radulus, you've caught word during your short time in town that mysterious small creatures have been seen about town at night. Some blame it on gnomes, others on goblins or faries, even others say the creatures will soon start nabbing children. None have been caught, and they havn't caused too much trouble.
    The town guard has been denying any of the rumors are true.

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Ahh, that?", said the grizzled old dwarf behind the counter.

    "Interesting piece, innit'? That there horn was brought in by the crazy Wizard Curuvar just a few weeks ago. Said he got it from some goblin barrow nearbouts."

    Just as the old man finishes his sentence, those of you inside a building hear a loud explosion from outside.

    Those of you in the square see the southern wall of the square explode outwards sending rubble and dust flying everywhere. Townspeople begin to scream and flee the square as a large band of goblins race forward through the hole in the wall.
    The goblins gain surprise, for blowing a hole in the wall, but only get to move into position.

    I need initiative from everybody. (good god this is going to be a heck of a lot of initiative rolls)
    All of them are goblins. The ones with the purple halos have short swords and leather armor. The two by the fountain marked "warriors" have leather armor, spears, and javelins. The one slightly back from the warriors has chainmail and a battle axe, and the one standing in the breach in the wall is wearing robes and holding a rod.

    The villagers will all go on initiative 10 and full-out run. For the time though, they're going to block the squares they're in.

    4821039375_fc94e49624_b.jpg

    Snowdown on
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    With amazing grace Rolan is aware of the explosion and ready for combat. His orb in his hand, and his mind ready for combat.

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zan wheels about after hearing the explosion. "Take cover," he tells the dwarf. "If you have a back door, I suggest you use it."

    The Gensari looks over at the wizard with his orb. "I hope it does more than change colors."
    Initiative: 1d20+0 2

    And with that he... cautiously prepares to move after the wizard!

    Squints on
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Kallas notices Albreck's head snap round, alerting him to the danger. Jumping off his stool he readies himself for combat, a light yellow glow in his eyes...
    15 a promising start!

    Korsahn on
    Kallas Sunbringer, Human Invoker
    HP 17/28 Healing Surge 7 (4/8 left)
    AC 14 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Now I'm at the point where when I lose, I feel like I was fairly outplayed; except for [FACTIONS I LOSE TO], those guys are assholes.
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Rad feels the explosion, sees the town's people fleeing, some on fire, all terrified..."Hurry!" he thinks to himself...this could be...problematic...


    the silvery rune at his forehead begins to flicker as he attempts to remain composed...
    Initiative: 19hehe yay awesome initiatives!

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    (in the nature of getting SOMETHING out there rolling for you guys to post on during the weekend, I'm going to roll Alpha's initiative for him. Alpha, if you don't like this, you can re-roll next round yourself, I don't have a problem with that)

    Thogg is mildly distracted by his trek through the villagers of the square. The explosion catches him completely unawares, but only some of the goblins act before his quick reflexes kick in.

    Initiative: 1d20+4 = 10

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Half of the goblins make quick use of the surprise, darting amongst everyone in the square and attacking fiercely.

    The goblin in the back yells out in a high-pitched screech, "Get me the Totem!"

    (since there are a LOT of tokens on board, I will edit the map after this round is over, as many should be gone/cleared)

    Initiative:
    Cutter- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Hexer- HP 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    Cutter3- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Cutter4- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Cutter5- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Cutter1- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    :arrow:Rolan- HP 20/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15

    Cutter8- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Radulus- HP30/30, AC 17,.Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13

    Cutter7- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior1- HP29/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12
    Cutter6- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16

    Cutter9- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Thogg- HP25/25, AC16, Fort14, Ref 17, Will 11
    Villagers

    Cutter2- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior- HP29/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
    Skull Cleaver HP 53/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12

    Zan-Kyri- HP 31/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12
    Actions:
    Goblin Cutter- Move (I,11) to attack Radulus MBA vs. AC 1d20+5= 11 MISS! (Provoking from Radulus)

    Goblin Hexer- Move (N, 15) after attacking Romulus Blinding Hex vs Fort 1d20+7-2(concealment) = 18 HIT!
    Radulus takes 9 damage and is blinded (save ends)

    Goblin Cutter3- attacks Villager5 1d20+5= 6 FUMBLE!

    Goblin Cutter4- attacks Villager5 1d20+5=18 Hit Villager 5 is DEAD

    Goblin Cutter5- Shift (J,15) Attack Thogg 1d20+5=23 HIT! 4 Damage

    Goblin Cutter1- Charge Radulus Move(J,12) 1d20+7=16 MISS!

    !Rolan is on deck, Radulus gets an OA vs Goblin Cutter (before he was blinded)

    Snowdown on
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited July 2010
    As one of the charging goblins raises its hand to strike it sees a dark blur...then nothing...Rad glances downwards at the stickey mess now splattered all over the nearby farmers goods..."My apologies" he mutters.

    OA vs goblin cutter: 20vs Ac...Splat!

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    With a grin Rolan steps out of the shop, "Oh, I can do a few tricks with this orb"

    The orb glows a faint yellow as tiny daggers can be seen swirling on the outside of the orb, with an open hand Rolan appears to pull the daggers from the surface of the orb and with a thrust of his arm he launches them into the goblin party.

    As razor thin daggers slice into their bodies a few of the goblins fall (too many tokens to see which are which). As Rolan returns his hand to his side the daggers stay floating in the air tempting to slash at anybody foolish enough to enter their area.
    Two rolls for the attack because I'm a genuis:
    Free: Witty remark to Zan
    Move: F-20 -> G-20
    Standard: At-Will: Cloud of Daggers
    L-15: 23 vs reflex HIT! 9 Damage!
    K-15: 6 vs reflex MISS!
    L-14: 23 vs reflex HIT! 9 Damage
    M-15: 20 vs reflex HIT! 9 Damage
    M-16: 10 vs reflex MISS!
    L-16: 24 vs reflex CRITICAL HIT! 10 Damage


    Any creature that enters or starts it's turn in the cloud (burst 1 centered at L-15), takes 3 Damage

    Next up: :arrow: Goblin Cutter 8

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited July 2010
    cutter 8 just bit the dust so i guess I'm up.

    As Radulus glances up from the goblin that was just turned to soup, he catches just the faintest glimpse of the Hexer's rod flash, then an instant pain in his face and darkness..."NO!" he thinks to himself. "Not another blackout!....these poor people..." Rad then braces himself as the rune at his forehead vanishes completely...not good...
    Move Action: none
    Standard Action: Take full defense
    Minor Action: Panic thinking that he is having another rage blackout

    save: 9 the darkness presists :(

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User
    edited July 2010
    I know the warrior is before me, but got work in 5 hours (saturday is the only day at the moment), so if anything is invalidated, let me know. Turn also assumes I won't be blocked by the warrior!

    Kallas rushes to the door of the tavern, Albreck safely tucked into his pocket, and quickly assesses the goblin attack.
    Turning to the villagers just outside, he says, "Get inside, hurry, and bar the door in case!"
    He then proceeds forward, to assist the blinded man, struggling against the horde pouring in.
    Minor, grab my staff
    Move 6 to J11
    Standard, Astral Terror (close burst 3 vs enemies) vs Cutter, Cutter 1-3 and Warriors 1+2
    Cutter Hit!
    Cutter 1 Hit!
    Cutter 2 Miss...
    Cutter 3 Hit!
    Warrior 1 Hit!
    Warrior 2 Miss...

    Those hit take 6 psychic damage and are pushed 2 squares
    Warrior 1 pushed to M14 and 23/29hp
    Cutter, Cutter 1 and Cutter 3 all dead (and bodies flung everywhere!)

    Covenant of Preservation slide: slide Radulus to H11
    Invoke Resilience: Radulus gains +1 power to saves before my next turn

    Free: Bask in Pelor's glory...

    PS; Snowdown, I have AC 14, not 12

    Shrouded for a moment, Kallas bursts into a nova of light, Pelor's rays obliterating the closest goblins and flinging one of the warriors back towards the breach.
    Directing one of the rays onto the stricken beside him, he utters a word of protection, granting the man respite from his ailments.

    The light fading, he observes the effects.
    Next up: cutter 9 Cutter 9 is dead so...
    NEXT: Warrior 1...
    NEXT: Thogg

    Korsahn on
    Kallas Sunbringer, Human Invoker
    HP 17/28 Healing Surge 7 (4/8 left)
    AC 14 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Now I'm at the point where when I lose, I feel like I was fairly outplayed; except for [FACTIONS I LOSE TO], those guys are assholes.
  • AlphaboomerangAlphaboomerang Registered User
    edited July 2010
    (I'm fine with you rolling init for me when I'm not present... i don't want to hold up the action for a single roll =P)

    Alphaboomerang on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay, here is an update map, noting what has actually been killed...there are still 6 cutters to deal with.
    I've also re-posted initiative.
    The villagers remaining alive have fled the map.
    Creatures actions are posted.

    Map:
    4822250861_ac7d20491c_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [strike]Cutter- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Hexer- HP 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    [strike]Cutter3- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Cutter4- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Cutter5- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    [strike]Cutter1- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Rolan- HP 16/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15

    Cutter8- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Radulus- HP21/30, AC 17,.Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13

    Cutter7- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior1- HP 29/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12
    [strike]Cutter6- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Kallas- Hp 24/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16

    Cutter9- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    :arrow:Thogg- HP 21/25, AC16, Fort14, Ref 17, Will 11
    [strike]Villagers[/strike]

    Cutter2- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior- HP 29/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
    Skull Cleaver HP 53/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12

    Zan-Kyri- HP 31/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12
    Actions:
    Goblin Cutter8- Charge Rolan Move(H,19) 1d20+6=16 HIT 4 damage
    Cutter7- Double move(H,21)
    Warrior1- Move(J,19) Javelin vs Villager6 1d20+6=14 HIT Villager6 is DEAD
    Cutter9- Move(J,11) MBA vs Kallas 1d20+5=17 HIT 4 damage

    Snowdown on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh, good. No where I can go outside the store without drawing a OA.

    Squints on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thogg is UP!

    On Deck after Thogg
    Cutter2
    Warrior
    Skull Cleaver


    Zan-Kyri is pulling up the rear

    Snowdown on
  • AlphaboomerangAlphaboomerang Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Thogg unloops his spiked chain, building up a shrieking momentum. Without warning, the bladed tip streaks toward the goblin in front of him.
    STANDARD ACTION: Piercing Strike vs Cutter5
    14 vs Reflex: HIT for 9 damage
    Cutter5 is DEAD

    THe blade whips under the goblins guard and punches right through his sternum. Thogg yanks it out of the goblins chest, bits of viscera flying off as the goblin slumps to the ground. Looking at the others defending themselves and the villagers from goblins, Thogg moves to help the elf wizard and genasi.
    MOVE ACTION: move from (I,15) to (G,18)

    Various goblins UP

    On Deck: Zan-man!

    Alphaboomerang on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    One of the goblin Cutters moves up to replace a fallen comrade, swinging wildly at Kallas, his blade making a pretty sound through the air as it connects with nothing.
    The slower Goblin Warrior throws a Javelin at Thogg, piercing him solidly before pulling out a blade and stepping up to challenge him
    The Goblin in the back wearing chainmail yells ferociously before running up to the Curio shop window, and smashing it in with his Axe.

    Map:
    4823921651_dd787cc7c6_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [strike]Cutter- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Hexer- HP 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    [strike]Cutter3- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Cutter4- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    [strike]Cutter5- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    [strike]Cutter1- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Rolan- HP 16/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15

    Cutter8- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Radulus- HP21/30, AC 17,.Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13

    Cutter7- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior1- HP 29/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12
    [strike]Cutter6- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Kallas- Hp 24/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16

    Cutter9- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Thogg- HP 11/25, AC16, Fort14, Ref 17, Will 11
    [strike]Villagers[/strike]

    Cutter2- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior- HP 29/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
    Skull Cleaver HP 53/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12

    :arrow:Zan-Kyri- HP 31/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12
    Actions:
    Goblin Cutter2- Move (J,9) MBA vs Kallas 1d20+5=10 MISS!
    Warrior- Move(J,15) Javelin vs Thogg 1d20+6=29 HIT 10 Damage
    Skull Cleaver Move(G,22) Smash shop window.

    !Zan is up
    Gobbos are on Deck

    Snowdown on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zan squeezes into the doorway and heads towards the Skull Cleaver.
    Move action: F21 to G20 to G21, drawing OA from Cutter 7.

    Assuming his melee attack doesn't kill Zan, after the OA:

    Minor: Aegis of Ensnarement on Skull Cleaver. -2 to attacks on anyone other than Zan. Zan also gets to teleport to an adjacent square after any attack not including him and perform a free attack.

    Standard: Booming Blade on Skull Cleaver. Booming Blade vs Skull Cleaver's AC:1d20+7 15 Miss

    That was totally worth the OA. Yay.

    Squints on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The goblins rally as one of their own close on the goal.
    Zan is struck as he tries to slip by the Cutters flanking the door.
    Kallas is blinded as the Goblin in robes shoots a shadowy black ray into his eyes.
    Radulus, still blinded is struck again by an unseen (to him) assailant.

    Map:
    4825681698_6e686a5036_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [strike]Cutter- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Hexer- HP 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    [strike]Cutter3- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Cutter4- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    [strike]Cutter5- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    [strike]Cutter1- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    :arrow:Rolan- HP 16/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15

    Cutter8- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Radulus- HP17/30, AC 17,.Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Blinded (save ends)

    Cutter7- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior1- HP 29/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12
    [strike]Cutter6- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Kallas- Hp 16/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Blinded (save ends)

    Cutter9- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Thogg- HP 11/25, AC16, Fort14, Ref 17, Will 11 Bloodied
    [strike]Villagers[/strike]

    Cutter2- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior- HP 29/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
    Skull Cleaver HP 53/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12
    Zan-Kyri- HP 27/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12
    Actions:
    Goblin Cutter7- OA vs Zan-kyri 1d20+5 = 24 HIT! 4 Damage!
    Hexer- Blinding Hex vs Kallas 1d20+7 = 16 HIT! 8 Damage! Kallas is Blinded
    Cutter4- Move(I,12) MBA vs Radulus 1d20+7(CA) = 18 HIT! 4 Damage

    !Rolan is up
    Cutter8 is on Deck

    Snowdown on
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hmm...this, is not good

    As Rolan slides back into the doorway to the shop he notices that the Goblin who appears to be in charge is going straight for the item in the window.

    Well that simply won't do!

    Rolan slides his hands over his orb again plucking the pale yellow daggers off the surface of his orb, however instead of flinging them at an enemy he makes a small gesture and leaves them where he was standing mere seconds ago.

    "Well, at least the genasi won't be hit from behind." he mutters to himself, "Now, about that odd looking dagger..."

    With a twist of his wrist a pale blue hand appears and picks up the dagger. He prepares to move it away from the goblins.
    Move: Slide back G-20 -> F-20
    Standard: Cloud of Daggers in G-20, any creature that enters that area takes 3 damage
    Minor: Mage Hand to pick up the dagger in the window that the goblin broke in.
    Free: Prepare to fuck over the goblin's plans!

    !Cutter 8 is up
    Radulus is on deck

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Mage Hand will be in F,22 (where the dagger was in the window). The mage hand can be moved by using up your move action on your next turn, Rolan.

    Snowdown on
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was planning to do

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cutter8 swings wildly at Rolan, missing by a hair!

    Cutter8-
    Minor: Snarl
    Move: Snarl
    Standard: 1d20+8=13 MISS!

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Radulus snarls like a caged animal, his fear that he has succumbed to another blackout rage tricking him into nearly falling into a real rage.

    Just as he is about to succumb, his vision returns to him, the battlefield revealed!

    Standard: Defensive
    Saving Throw: 1d20 = 20! hallelujah!
    Minor: Thogg may spend a Healing Surge regaining 6 Hit points

    Thogg, Kallas, and Radulus gain +1 to all defenses until the end of Radulus' next turn.

    !Cutter7 and Warrior1 are on deck

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cutter7 mimicks his ally nearby, swinging wildly at Rolan and missing by a hair!
    MBA vs Rolan 1d20+5 = 13 MISS!

    Warrior1
    Move: (H,17) Javelin vs Rolan
    1d20+6 = 8 MISS!

    Kallas is up
    Cutter9 is on deck

    FINALLY a series of rolls seems to go your groups way!

    Snowdown on
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Stepping back swiftly from the cutter, Kallas' vision goes red as he succumbs to the hex.
    Drawing upon his faith, he sends the blood clouding his vision to hamper his foes, flooding their minds with his own pain.
    Move: shift 1sq to H10
    Standard: Visions of Blood, close blast 3 vs enemies (aimed directly south)
    vs Cutter 2 Miss...
    vs Cutter 9 Hit!

    Minor: rub my eyes
    Save vs blinded: I once was blind, but now I see!

    Summary:
    I'm at H10, on 16/28hp
    Cutter 2 lives
    Cutter 9 dead
    Save vs blind

    Don't hit post before doing stuff :P

    Korsahn on
    Kallas Sunbringer, Human Invoker
    HP 17/28 Healing Surge 7 (4/8 left)
    AC 14 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Now I'm at the point where when I lose, I feel like I was fairly outplayed; except for [FACTIONS I LOSE TO], those guys are assholes.
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Goblin Cutter9 would be taking his turn, but he is now deceased

    Thogg is up!
    Goblins are on deck!

    New map with next gobbos turn.

    Snowdown on
  • AlphaboomerangAlphaboomerang Registered User
    edited July 2010
    Although Thogg is refreshed by the divine power that courses through him, Thogg is still lookin' pretty bad.
    After releasing a serious of blows designed to slip past the goblins armor, Thogg uses a surge of adrenaline to get himself back in the game.
    STANDARD ACTION: Piercing Strike vs Goblin Warrior at J15
    26 vs Reflex: HIT for 9 damage!
    ACTION POINT:
    Second Wind!

    Thogg is now at 23 HP, with +2 bonus to defenses until EOMNT

    Oh noes its the GOBLINS
    But then comes Zan Francisco to save the day!

    Alphaboomerang on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kallas' vision clears up just in time to see a goblin sword bite into his thigh.
    The Goblin warrior facing Thogg swings, the wind of his blade ruffling Thogg's hair as it flies by.
    The Skull Cleaver snatches the Horn Totem from the mage hand, wrenching it out of its grip.
    With a triumphant roar, he cries out "I've got it!" and moves back behind one of the wagons, drawing a free attack from Zan-Kyri.

    Map:
    4827086239_9ccba532cd_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [strike]Cutter- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Hexer- HP 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    [strike]Cutter3- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Cutter4- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    [strike]Cutter5- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    [strike]Cutter1- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Rolan- HP 16/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15

    Cutter8- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11

    Radulus- HP17/30, AC 17,.Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13

    Cutter7- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior1- HP 29/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12
    [strike]Cutter6- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Kallas- Hp 12/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Bloodied

    [strike]Cutter9- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

    Thogg- HP 23/25, AC16, Fort14, Ref 17, Will 11
    [strike]Villagers[/strike]

    Cutter2- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11
    Warrior- HP 20/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
    Skull Cleaver HP 53/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12
    :arrow:Zan-Kyri- HP 27/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12
    Actions:
    Goblin Cutter2 - Shift I,10 MBA vs Kallas 1d20+5=17 HIT 4 damage
    Goblin Warrior MBA vs Thogg 1d20+6=13 MISS!
    Skull Cleaver- MBA to grab Horn Totem 1d20+6=21 HIT
    Contested Strength vs Mage Hand 1d20+5=25 Critical, hand cannot beat.
    Move: (K,17) Zan-Kyri gets an OA vs Skull Cleaver

    !Zan-Kyri is up
    Hexer is on Deck

    Snowdown on
«13456732
Sign In or Register to comment.