As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4e PbP] The Serpent Swallows its Tail (IC)

• Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Free attack:
    Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+5 8 Miss!

The Skull Cleaver gets back before Zan's blade hits him. With a snarl, the Genasi crackles with electricity and takes his fury out on the Cutters in front of him!

His sword cleaves the first cutter in twain! Then, with an flash, electricity blasts from the corpse as it falls and blows a hole through the cutter nearby!

With the two Cutters in front of him slain, the Genasi sparks and strides towards the warrior nearby. "You are next," he growls.
    Lightning Clash on Cutter 7.

Lightning Clash vs AC: 1d20+7 21 Hit!

Secondary target: One creature within 5 squares of the primary target, vs. Reflex.

Cutter 8:
    1d20+7 18 Hit!

Move: to H, 18.

Minor: Aegis of Assault on Warrior 1. Skull cleaver is no longer marked, Warrior 1 is.

Squints on
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Goblin Cutter4's blade whizzes by Radulus' ear, so close he could feel how sharp the blade was by the smooth path it took through the air.

The Goblin Hexer conjures a thick noxious cloud covering a 3x3 area, (squares K,L,M, 14, 15, and 16)
    Concealing the Skull Cleaver within, then backs into the breach in the wall Move (P,14)

!Rolanis up
    Radulus is on deck

Snowdown on
  • Options
    Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Waving his hand Rolan's cloud of daggers disappear as he steps through them, as the last of the arcane energy swirls around him and dissipates Rolan's orb turns bright orange and of heat emanate off of it as tiny solar flares arc off of the orb and into Rolans outstretched hand. Forming a flaming ball infused with magical energies that he can control.

Once enough energy had formed in his hand Rolan gently lobs it onto the ground, letting it roll to its intended target. As the ball rolls into position it launches at the magic wielding goblin, missing on it's first attack Rolan rolls his hands around to make the ball rebound into the goblin. As soon as the ball lands Rolan flicks his fingers up and the ball strikes again.
    Minor: Dispel Cloud of Daggers
    Move: To (I, 19)
    Standard: Flaming Sphere in (L, 16)
    Attack Skull Cleaver: 13 vs Reflex, Miss.
    Re-Roll with elven accuracy, 21 vs Reflex, HIT! 13 damage!

Action Point!

Standard: Attack again with Flaming Sphere, 24 vs Reflex, CRITICAL HIT! 16 damage!!

Free damage for being next to Flaming Sphere to be taken at the start of Skull's turn, 6 fire damage

Total damage to Skull Cleaver: 29 this turn, 6 at the start of his turn.

If any creature moves adjacent to the sphere he will also take 1d4+4 fire damage.

Radulus is up, but his post in the OOC
    Which makes Warrior 1 up

and Kallas on deck

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    As the blindness is shaken from Radulus's eyes and he realizes that his worst fears have not come to pass, he calmly takes a breath shifting out of the reach of the two goblins harrying him. A new pale blue rune suddenly flickers into existence before his head as the healing energies wash over himself and the nearby strangers.

He draws back his mighty maul and the rune pulses... as the blow falls he suddenly stops short pointing his hammer at the two offending goblins. For an instant the hammer glows a bright orange, before spewing forth flames of divine purity encompassing both goblins and the Holy invoker who came to his aid. As the flames die down the two charred goblins lie dead, judged for their evil, whereas his new-found allies heart has been judged to be pure and he feels the healing powers of the shielding rune wash over him.
    Move: shift to G11
    Standard: Flames of Purity in blast 3 incompassing Kallas and cutters 2 and 4.
    16 vs ac ( cutter 2) Hit and dead.
    17 vs cutter 4 Hit and dead.

Kallas regains 3 hp.
    Action Point!

Confident from his two fresh kills Radulus Catches the unscathed goblin warrior in the corner of his eye... his pupils dilate, a vein pulses in his head and with a howl of rage, he lets go...just a little bit. flying towards his new mark, he however, misjudges the strength of this new foe and the goblin quickly deflects the would be crushing hammer blow into the dirt.

Charge Goblin warrior 1 using Howling Strike.
    10 vs AC... miss
    end at I14 (you can't occupy square i,16, so i changed to i,14)

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The Goblin Warrior shifts past the Flaming Sphere, deftly maneuvering around its licking flames before sending a javelin streaking towards Kallas.

Map:
    4830651654_17e0138de5_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [strike]Cutter- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Hexer- HP 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    [strike]Cutter3- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    [strike]Cutter4- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    [strike]Cutter5- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    [strike]Cutter1- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

Rolan- HP 16/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15

[strike]Cutter8- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

Radulus- HP17/30, AC 17,.Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13

[strike]Cutter7- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Warrior1- HP 29/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12
    [strike]Cutter6- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

Kallas- Hp 5/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Bloodied

[strike]Cutter9- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]

Thogg- HP 23/25, AC16, Fort14, Ref 17, Will 11
    [strike]Villagers[/strike]

[strike]Cutter2- HP 1/1, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 11[/strike]
    Warrior- HP 20/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
    Skull Cleaver HP 24/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12Bloodied
    Zan-Kyri- HP 27/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12
    Actions:
    Goblin Warrior1- Move(L,13) 1d20+6 vs Kallas = 20 HIT 2d6+2 damage = 7 Damage

!Kallas is up
    Thogg is on Deck

Remember, Any attacks on the Hexer are taking either -5 (if ranged) or -2 (if adjacent), plus any extra cover bonus if anything is between you and him. Also, the Flaming Sphere is in K,16. Crimson wanted to attack the Skull Cleaver since he only would've hit once on the Hexer.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If your marked target makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10 squares of you, you can use an immediate reaction to teleport to a square adjacent to the target and make a melee basic attack against it. If no unoccupied space exists adjacent to the target, you can’t use this immediate reaction.

Zan disappears from Rolan's view, coalescing with a shock of electricity next to Warrior 1! He slashes at him with his longsword! The Genasi just barely weaves the blade through the warrior's defenses, and cuts him deeply!
    Aegis of Assault. Instant teleport to (K,12). Basic melee attack on Warrior 1.

Melee Basic Attack vs Warrior 1's AC: 1d20+5 17 HIT 1d8+2 9 damage!

Squints on
  • Options
    KorsahnKorsahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, my plan got sooo completely fooked... >.<

Kallas reels back as the javelin pierces his shoulder, forcing him to take a knee.
    Wrenching the crude weapon free with a gasp, he digs deep into his resolve, his faith relieving some of his pain.

Standing slowly, he whispers a prayer and light erupts along the length of his quarterstaff before directing the blaze towards the offending goblin.
    Unfortunately, the bolt veers wildly, embedding itself in the ground.
    Grimacing with annoyance, he takes cover behind a cart to ward off future javelins...hopefully.
    Standard: second wind to go to 15/28hp

Action Point!
    Standard: Sun Strike vs reflex
    vs Goblin Warrior 1 Miss..
    Move: K9

Korsahn on
  • Options
    AlphaboomerangAlphaboomerang Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Grateful for the assistance, Thogg leverages the presence of the very angry man to get the upper hand over his now-outnumbered opponent.
    Standard Action: Clever Strike! Thogg gets CA with Radulus there.
    BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER CRITICAL FAILURE

Uuuuugh that would have killed the warrior, too T_T

At least, that was the plan. Turns out, Thogg just has a very active imagination.

Warrior and Skull Cleaver are UP
    Zan-Kyri is on deck!

Alphaboomerang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rolan's Flaming Sphere singes both the Skull Cleaver and Warrior next to it, waves of heat radiating off it.
    Posessing a sense of duty characteristically absent in goblins, despite being burned badly and facing certain death, the Warrior facing Thogg and Radulus lashes out. Stabbing ferociously at Radulus, his spear misses its mark.

The Skull Cleaver continues his retreat, moving through the breach in the wall, and out of sight.

Map:
    4830651654_17e0138de5_b.jpg
    Initiative:

Warrior1- HP 20/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12

Kallas- Hp 5/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Bloodied

Warrior- HP 14/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12
    Skull Cleaver HP 20/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12Bloodied
    Zan-Kyri- HP 27/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12
    Actions:
    Goblin Warrior 1d20+6 vs Radulus= 11 MISS

!Zan-Kyri is up
    Hexer is on Deck

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm actually at (K, 12), but I can handle it ;)

Zan-Kyri smiles gleefully in the midst of battle. Sparks dance across His skin, and the air around him seems to darken and rumble. He has called the Storm. Zan's sparking longsword digs into the Warrior again, this time creating a field that will give the warrior a shock if he tries to move from their melee engagement. "FACE ME!" The Genasi growls, his eyes completely white and electricty sparking between the hard ridges of his hair. Lightning strikes the end of his blade as it slashes the warrior, searing him!
    Minor: Promise of Storm. Until EoMNT, thunder powers (all of my at-wills and encounters) deal an extra 1d8 damage.

Standard: Booming Blade on Warrior 1.

Booming Blade vs Warrior 1's AC: 1d20+7 23 HIT! for 1d8+5 9 Damage!

If Warrior 1 moves away from Zan on his next turn, he takes 1d6+3 damage.

Promise of Storm extra damage: Promise of Storm: 1d8 5 Damage!

14 total damage to Warrior 1.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, didn't update the map last turn since the only things that moved were you and the skull cleaver....I think, and nothing died....I think ;)

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    With a final cackle of glee, the Hexer raises his rod and sends a sickly greenish cloud of wasps towards Zan-Kyri. The wasps swam him, stinging him viciously before surrounding him.

The cloud of mist drifts lazily to cover the gap in the wall, obscuring the view as the Hexer disappears out of sight.

You all start to hear a clamor approaching from the street between The Green Tankard, and Garwan's Curiosities. To those of you familiar with it, it sounds like the clash of metal equipment when being put through a brisk jog.

Map:
    4831611662_bc4b156f3b_b.jpg
    Initiative:

Warrior1- HP 6/29, AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 12Bloodied

Kallas- Hp 15/28, AC 12, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Bloodied

Warrior- HP 14/29 AC 17 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 12Bloodied
    Skull Cleaver HP 20/53, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12Bloodied
    Zan-Kyri- HP 12/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12Bloodied
    Actions:
    Goblin Hexer-
    Minor: sustain vexing hex, includes moving it
    Standard: Stinging Hex vs Zan-Kyri 1d20+7 vs Will = 20HIT! 3d6+1 damage = 15 damage. If Zan-Kyri moves during his turn he takes an additional 3d6+1 damage (Save Ends)

!Rolan is up
    Radulus is on Deck

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Calm down Rolan, let the magic flow through you

Rolan calms himself as he redirects his flaming sphere to attack the closest warrior, almost felling him in a single attack.

<I will get that dagger back> He mutters under his breath, still watching the area where the two goblins escaped.

Moving his hands away from the Warrior Rolan slides his flaming sphere up next to the goblin close to the genasi.
    Standard: Flaming Sphere against Warrior 1d20+4 vs Reflex = 18 HIT! 2d6+4 = 10 damage
    Move: Move Flaming Sphere to (L, 14)

On Warrior1's turn he will take: 8 damage

!Radalus is up
    Warrior1 is on deck

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Warrior 1 is down to 6 Health, too.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Warrior1 will insta die then

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    We're currently out of combat, feel free to spend healing surges, and take whatever actions you'd like.

As the Goblin Hexer and Skull Cleaver escape out of the breach, the mysterious cloud still blocking their exit, two crossbow bolts and an arrow streak past your group. The projectiles all find their mark and bite into the two remaining goblins deeply. Both adversaries collapse to the ground, their lifesblood leaking out.

A contingent comprised of a dozen guardsmen marches down the street from between the tavern and curiosity shop. As they come to a halt just behind you, a tall elven male holding a longbow steps to the front of the small cluster of guardsmen.

With such a varied and war-ready group before him, he mistakes you for an adventuring company instead of a series of eccentric individuals who by chance were in the right place at the right time. Coincidental, isn't it?

"Who leads this adventuring company?"

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Very coincidental!
    I'll spend 2 surges, taking me to full.

Panting heavily, Kallas looks around him at the devastation and his erstwhile allies.
    Standing up straight he moves towards the fountain to get a closer look at everyone.

Humbly he speaks, "Friend, I cannot speak for everyone, we were just in the right place, though we failed to save all villagers..." he trails off as he glances at the fallen. Shaking himself out of reverie, "I'm Kallas Sunbringer, servant of Pelor, I presume you are a member of the watch, keeping such company as you are?"

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rolan let's his flame sphere wink out of existance and goes back to changing the color of his orb. Softly walking up and giving a slight bow to the armed men, "Rolan Landrahil, elvan wizard" pausing for a second he turns to Kallas, "I saw you on the field of battle, good fighting servant of Pelor"

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Nodding, he smiles at the wizard. "The arcane is in your very veins, you control it with such ease..." he says, almost ruefully.

"It seems you were in the thick of it, I'm glad you made it out relatively unscathed. How is your friend, the sparking man. I've never seen one of his kind before," he rubs his sore shoulder as he speaks, casting a wary eye towards the Genasi, "though I've dealt with some elementals before."

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I must confess I had but met the strange colored man in the Curiositiy store, mere moments before those goblins blew out the wall...as for me being unscathed...well it helps when one has magic at their disposal."

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The elf is fair of complexion, with dark hair and green eyes. He deftly unstrings his longbow and places it in some sort of catch on his back.

"I am Captain Harrowleaf, captain of the Loudwater watch. You say you are no adventuring company? Well then, perhaps you should be. You handled yourself with much skill and valor according to the citizen who fetched us."

The captain gestures towards a large man in the rear of the guard, he is dressed somewhere inbetween commoner and noble, very fit, with a cleanly shaven head. He almost looks as if he could be an adventurer until your gaze falls upon his legs. He walks with a cane, and one leg is whithered and useless beneath his britches.

"Can any of you tell me what happened here? We've had reports of small shifty characters about the town at night, but no injuries until now. Being on the verge of the wilds as we are, raids are one thing, we accept them as part of the territory and repel them. But an all out breach of our walls and attack on our citizens? This is unacceptable and must be repaid in kind. Why, if you were an adventuring company, I bet I could convince the council of Magisters to reward you for repaying this act, and finding out what caused it."

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Let me know if anyone has resting heal help. As of now, Zan uses 3 surges, bringing him to full health. He has 8 surges left.

As the Elves approach, Zan looks towards Rolan. "Never block a doorway in combat, ever again. If that is the one thing you take from today, take that."

The Genasi turns towards the captain. "I am Zan-kyri, Captain Harrowleaf, of the Zan clan in Airspur. It at first appeared to be some sort of pillaging effort, but as you can see, little was taken. Two of them escaped, one that was near the curiosity shop over there. If we could talk to the owner, we could see if anything was missing."

Squints on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kallas chuckles, "A fine adventuring company I'm sure we'd make! I shall offer my aid in hunting these goblins down at once. As for what happened, I know not fully. I was in the tavern, about to enjoy a simple ale, when the explosion rocked the building. I rushed out to find a swathe of goblins pouring in. My new companions here rushed to aid the villagers, as I did myself. However, my mind was a little preoccupied with immediate threats, perhaps my arcane friend here can shine Pelor's light on what they sought..."

Kallas takes a half step back and looks over the others, nodding to himself.
    Perhaps the Defenders of Liberty, he breathes to himself.

Korsahn on
  • Options
    WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shaking the lingering tension from his muscles Radulus stows his maul and the blueish rune at his forehead fades to a faint silver. "Despite our " skill" and " valor here today we managed to protect so few..." he says motioning to the several dead civilians littering the South Square. " Is this manner of incursion commonplace around these parts? "

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Captain Harrowleaf stands unflinching in the face of the dead townsfolk, cold and easy.

The captain seems to gaze off into the distance, focusing on nothing at all as he recalls the glory days of Loudwater.

"Loudwater was once a proud and large city. It was prosperous and bustling, the pride of Najara, a gleaming gem against its monstrous blight. I was young then, but that was nearly a century ago. After the spell plague, villages and cities around us faltered. Trade was disrupted and many townspeople were lost in the early years. Llorkh to the northeast and Zelbross to the southwest, both bustling cities in their own time now lie in ruins."

"The culling of the weak wasn't altogether a bad thing, but the scars persist on the city still. Monstrous raids are common place here, yes. But in the 100 years since the spellplague, the city walls have only been breached a handful of times, and then normally in the early years. Loudwater's citizens are rarely at risk."

The captain turns to Zan-Kyri, as he takes the most leaderish role in both identifying a possible clue to the raid and chastising another for a counter-tactical maneuver.

"What say you to 50 gold each for the men who find out what the goblins were after and who sent them? If you kill them in the process, all the better."

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Visually Rolan ignores the Genasi's comment, but does make a mental note

Perhaps I shouldn't block the person with the big flaming sword

Rolan bows to the Captain and speaks in elvish,

<Captain, the goblins took only one thing that I could see. It was a strange looking dagger that was in the window of the Curiosity shop. With your leave I would like to see if the owner of the shop still lives, and if he does then I would have word with him in regards to the origin, and particulars of the dagger. I tried to stop them, but unfortunately I was not powerful enough>

Rolan grips his orb tighter.

If only I was better in the arcane arts like my father is, perhaps I wouldn't have failed again

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I'll go for 50 gold." The Genasi looks at the others, "Whoever else that wants to come is free to. It appears fate has brought us together."

Zan doesn't understand Elvish, so he grows a little irritated that the Wizard decided to change the language of the conversation. The swordmage cleans off his blade slowly and sheathes it, "We should talk to the shopkeeper. The goblins are far enough away that they would probably set up an ambush if we chased. Our only leads are what they took."

Squints on
  • Options
    AlphaboomerangAlphaboomerang Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thogg smirks at the captain calling the group an adventuring company, but does not correct him. At the mention of gold, though, he perks up. Perhaps an adventuring company isn't a bad idea... it'd certainly put my skills to good use, without all the rules of the Guard.

"I'd be glad to take the job for 50 gold. A small price, but its on small heads."

Alphaboomerang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Captain Harrowleaf smiles happily.

"A deal then! I'll tell the Magister of Loudwater, they will be pleased the matter is being looked into."

"The curio shop owner is named Garwan, a good Dwarf he is, nearly here as long as I. He loves to talk about his curios, and I'm sure he'll have plenty to tell you."

Feel free to now go talk to Garwan or visit any other parts of the town. In the morning, I will put a screenshot of the town up with a guide to what's what. The time is early morning, the Captain gave you no timeframe to leave in, so you can take as little or much as you'd like. Explore, buy provisions, rest, or even set out.

As soon as the Captain leads his contingent of guards off, the bald man who accompanied them comes up to you.

"Gentlemen, I am deeply in debt to you. If not for your heroics I would not have lived to see another day.....right? I am Sunsteen Urbeth, and in Loudwater I am assistant to the town's Magister. If ever you have need of anything regarding the Magister, please seek me out. Your heroics will not go untold in Loudwater. I understand you now have a job to do...right? I will leave you to it. A thousand thanks."

With that, he departs.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rolan smiles as the other elf leaves. It was nice to see another elf, and to have someone to speak elvish to, but there was something nice about being the only elf around...it made him feel special, like he didn't have to try and live up to anybody else. Turning to face the group he carefully thinks about his words before speaking.

"The goblins came with a clear goal. They went directly for, and took the dagger that was in the Curiosities shop window. This was no random pillaging, they came prepared. I tried to stop them but I was too late. I do believe that...Zan was it?" Rolan points to the genasi "saw the goblin at the shop smash the window. I intend to be going back to talk to Garwan, if anybody would like to accompany me I will welcome the company."

Rolan pauses for a moment to let everyone consider what he said, giving them ample time to respond (and to not appear rude) before he turns and walks towards the shop he was in just mere moments ago.

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Listens to what everyone has to say, including Rolan's native interchange.
    "Not as subtle as you might think!" He says in Elven with a wink.

With a nod to Sunsteen, he says, "Sir, you are most welcome. Those with the means, have the responsibility. That is the creed by which I have led my life."

Turning to address everyone, Kallas leans on his staff.
    "I'm all for finding these treacherous little beasts. Zan-kyri, Rolan, I shall accompany you both."
    With that, he goes to follow Rolan into the curiosity shop.

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Woogs, since everyone else has taken the job, I'm just going to assume you do as well. If anyone would like to go anywhere other than the shop, please let me know.

Map of Loudwater:
    4834290226_9a663cef8f_b.jpg
    1. Town Gates
    2. South Square
    3. Garwan's Curiosities
    4. Starra's Knives
    5. Green Tankard
    6. Loudwater General
    7. Stables
    8. Loudwater Smithy
    9. Loudwater Apothecary
    10. Patrol Headquarters
    11. Tenements and Homes
    12. Temple
    13. Docks Gate
    14. Docks
    15. Fisher's Friend Pub
    16. Manor House
    17. Tenement

Garwan's Curiosities:

A sign bearing the image of a unicorn horn, an hourglass, and the words “Garwan’s Curiosities” hangs at the front of this store. Windows provide a view of bizarre items, including a shrunken head, candy wrapped in colorful leaves, playing cards, smoking accessories, fancifully decorated tankards, and more.

A White-bearded, wizened dwarf comes rushing out from the back of the shop as soon as you enter.

"My saviors! You've surely saved my shop and my life. May Moradin bless and watch over ye, an fill yer bellies with as much spirits as ye kin drink. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zan nods, although he seems a bit disinterested in praise. "Of course. Garwan, I assume? You can repay us with some information. Anything and everything you know about the dagger that was in the front window. This fellow here, Rolan, believes that the dagger was the center of that attack."

Squints on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Yes please do tell us what information you have as it pertains to the dagger. The goblins seemed very adamant about obtaining it."

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Garwan gets out a broom and begins sweeping up the broken glass, puffing furiously on his prodigious pipe.
    As he talks, he waves the pipe about wildly.

"Buying such curios can be a dangerous craft. The Wizard Curuvar brought me that Horn a little over a week ago. Said he found it in a goblin barrow a little over a day's travel to the south of here. Other than that, I know very little. Never seen any animal what's got horns like that. I shoulda known better than to buy it, but I never seen the likes'o it. It was shiny and dark like dragonglass, incredibly sharp."

He puffs furiously on his pipe again and swipes the broken glass into the back room of his shop before emerging a second later.

"You might wanna go see Curuvar. He likes his drink, that one. I'd look fer 'im at the Green Tankard. Or ye could just go after the smelly buggers. A force their size woulda likely left lots o' clues."

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    His interest piqued, another wizard...this should be fun! Rolan thinks to himself. Looking around the store and seeing the mess that it is in Rolan believes that he can help the old dwarf.

"Garwan, you wouldn't happen to have some alchemical reagents would you? I ask because I believe that if you do, I can help you fix your window before the days end."

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zan nods, "Thanks." And turns on his heel to leave as Rolan speaks to the merchant some more. The Genasi has little time for such trivialities. Assuming that those two only went into the shop (could be a bit awkward with the entire party dodging broken glass), Zan shares the info with the rest of the group.

"We can learn more about the dagger from the wizard, or begin going after the group of goblins right away. We have been hired to finish the goblins off; the dagger isn't an important objective to me. We can always learn about it later."

Squints on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Well, i do carry many, depending on what you need. They're over here. If you could help me do that, I would be even further in your debt."

((If you're going to use Make Whole, he can provide the implements. In return, once you get back from the Barrow of the Ogre King, he'll be keeping his eye out on curios coming in and have something for you.))

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Assuming Zan and I are the only ones in the store...

"If you'd like to go ahead I'll catch up in just a little bit..."

His voice trails off as Rolan follows the dwarf to pick out the appropriate reagents to prepare the ritual.

You read my mind Snow, I am going to do the make whole ritual

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Standing at the doorway, Kallas listens to the conversation and waits for the Genasi to head to the tavern.
    He still seems somewhat uneasy in the presence of the elemental.

Korsahn on