Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 4e PbP] The Serpent Swallows its Tail (IC)

1192022242532

Posts

  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Where is the girl? She is our charge, we should at least have her accounted for. Go on and investigate, I will fetch Valanthriel and catch up to you. Amaunator guide you."

    Amos goes back to grab the girl and then follow. So however far behind that puts me is fine. Lawful good ftw, amiright?.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alright, so it's Radulus, Zan-Kyri, then Kallas bringing up the rear, giggity.

    Amos is going back for Valanthriel.

    I need to get the other guys caught up the few rounds it'll take you to get down...let me figure that out.

    Amos:
    Amos returns to the doorway of the room with a single move just in time to nearly bump into Valanthriel as she is exiting. She is draped by a dark, almost shimmering skin toga-style that barely covers her ample features, which very nearly became pressed tightly against you. (You recognize likely as one of the skins from the strange wolves you killed earlier. You remember seeing one draped over the shaman's chair) In her hands is grasped an ornate bastard sword, seemingly of elven make.

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We're back, and out of private messages! (for the most part) [EDIT IN PROCESS]
    Amos and Valanthriel have not caught up yet.
    Toman is somewhere below you, but you're not sure what's happening there.
    The chanting is audible to all now. It's in a language that none of you understand. Your body hair is standing on end, and you all can feel the power in the air emanating from it.

    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5122725751_5c3f46ea1c_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    Skinwalker- HP 11/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Toman- HP 24/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP 5/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 6/6 AP 1/1
    Radulus- HP 30/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1
    Hound1- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    Zan-Kyri- HP 31/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1
    Skinwalker1- HP 45/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Valanthriel: ????
    Combat Actions:
    Based on Initiative order, here's a bit of what happened to get us to where we are right now (the last round)
    The Skinwalker was on a readied action.
    Everyone hears someone shout in elvish from below "Care to shed some light, Wizard?"
    Rolan steps out from behind the corner and fires a magic missile hitting the Skinwalker skeleton for 8 damage.
    The Skinwalker's readied action triggers, and he charges Rolan.
    1d20+5: 17 HIT 1d8+8 = 15 Damage
    Radulus double moves down the stairs to where he is at now.
    The gravehounds don't appear to do anything.
    The Mage Wight attacks Radulus: 1d20+7 (vs reflex): 25 HIT, 1d8+3: 5 Damage, and Radulus is immobilized. A shadowy bolt streaks out and slams into radulus' chest, numbing cold consumes his body.
    Zan-Kyri double moves to where he is now.
    Kallas double moves to where he is now.
    Top of Initiative, I'll make another post.

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The rest of the party arrives on scene just in time to witness a badly charred skeleton slam its fist into Rolan, crumpling him to the ground. It steps forward, over the corpse of Rolan to get to Radulus.

    Map: (I did not update the map, the Skinwalker skeleton is now in Rolan's square E,24)
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5122725751_5c3f46ea1c_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    Skinwalker- HP 11/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Toman- HP 24/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP -8/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 6/6 AP 1/1
    Radulus- HP 30/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)Hound1- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    Zan-Kyri- HP 31/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1
    Skinwalker1- HP 45/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Valanthriel: ????
    Combat Actions:
    Skinwalker Skeleton- Pummel vs Rolan: 1d20+5 = 16 vs AC HIT!
    1d8+8 = 13 Damage
    Rolan is unconscious.

    Toman is Up!Radulus is on Deck (And immobilized)

    Snowdown on
  • MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    From somewhere below you hear Toman's voice, "Just push the damn things off the stairs!"

    Then a clattering scraping sound of bone deflecting a metal sword, followed by another cry, "For the cariad at y bedd! Just die already!"

    A few cautious footsteps are heard, "or again... whatever!"

    Elvish
    love of the grave
    Actions
    Minor - curse <unknown creature>

    Standard - attack

    Eldritch Strike vs <creature> AC: 1d20+5 14 - Miss

    Move - Shift 1 square away from <creature>

    Radulus is Up

    MidrealmDM on
    Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited October 2010
    what is the duration of that effect, do i need to roll a save? o also im a little confused. is that dark area next to the stairs a pit? also, the map says skinwalker and skeleton, but in ini order has 2 skinwalkers...srry want to be particular about what i do seeing as we already have a ko'ed party member.

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    As I understand it, and I may be wrong

    I think it is a 'Skinwalker Skeleton'
    Which I envision as a skeleton dressed in tattered 'clothes' made of skin
    (perhaps its own, perhaps someone else's)

    And yes the black area is a pit
    The Stairs Start at J25 - lead down (aprox 5 feet) to D25
    here you can turn to D24 which leads down (another 5 feet) to J24

    J24 and 25 are a landing (more stairs continue Down from J25 to D25 (under the previous set)

    The rest of the map is a large open area, with wolves and a mage

    MidrealmDM on
    Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited October 2010
    The Mage Wight's bolt strikes Radulus freezing his armor and impeeding his movement...the pain, however, seems to faze him only the slightest. Glancing down at the wizard lying on the floor he closes his eyes. Whispering a short prayer and tracing a rune of light in the air, the rune on his head flares up blue again, and a radiant light shimmers about Rolans limp body for a moment, before his wounds begin to close and his eyes open once more.

    Without opening his eyes he mutters "WeRe YoU tHe OnE wHO ABusED tHe GIRL?!!!" his hand shooting up from where it was tracing its rune in the air and grabbing the skeleton standing before him by the bones of its neck. His eyes blink open their pupils dilated as his arm twitches and the skeleton begins to slide off the stairs.


    hehe good fun this turn...

    Minor action: Rune of Mending on Rolan. Rolan may spend an H/S and everyone except for amos and maybe Toman...i dont see him on the map. but burst 5 on me gets +1 to all defenses ueomnt

    Standard Action: Grapple check vs Skinwalker skeleton 21vs reflex Hit! skelebones is grabbed.

    ACTIONPOINT!

    Strength check to throw the skeleton off the edge of the stairs into the pit

    21vs reflex/fort? Hit!

    the dm may now decide the poor skeletons fate, i dont believe he has acrobatics so i think he may be in for a fall...? Dm's Discresion.

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Radulus tucks his shoulder and throws every ounce of his bodyweight and strength into the Skeleton, attempting to topple him over the ledge. The skeleton is much more nimble than he expected, however and instead of falling it stumbles back a step down the stairs.

    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5125858323_fa92dd717d_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    Skinwalker- HP 11/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Toman- HP 24/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP -3/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 5/6 AP 1/1
    Radulus- HP 30/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)Hound1- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    Zan-Kyri- HP 31/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1
    Skinwalker1- HP 45/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Valanthriel: ????
    Combat Actions: Rules, blahblah:
    The rules for pushing/pulling a creature into any situation where it would take damage.
    Firstly, You can do this in two ways.
    1) Use any power that has a push/pull effect.
    2) Attempt a Bull Rush.
    3) Grab/Move, this does not work because you can only PULL a grabbed target WITH you, so both of you would have to go over the edge. The Benefit to using bull rush is you don't require an action point to do it.

    Since Radulus does not have any push/pull powers, he does a bull rush which is a normal attack roll without adding any weapon modifier vs Fortitude. So you did the right roll, which definitely hits.

    A Bull Rush you push the target 1, and move into its vacant space.

    However, any time you use a push/pull effect to force a creature into a damaging situation (i.e. off a stairwell) they get a save to avoid, even if you hit. So even if you succeed in the bull rush there is a 50/50 chance they won't fall....that leads into a DM's choice situation, either he could not be pushed, or could end up being pushed back instead of off the edge (which is what i'm going to rule). So, here goes the save.

    Amos Gets a standard Wight is on Deck
    Zan is after

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, since I don't feel like wasting all that effort, and making Radulus completely re-do his turn, Radulus did NOT move (since he was immobilized) but he managed to push the skeleton back. Radulus, make a save vs the Immobilization effect at the end of your turn.

    And FINALLY, Amos and Valanthriel arrive at the back of the pack, as per the map. Amos, you may take a standard action if you'd like. Your move was used up getting here.

    Snowdown on
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited October 2010
    save vs immobile 10 success! no longer immobile...ok ill take my ap back, srry for the confusing turn! As far as i am aware i couldnt bullrush him off the stairs from there anyways because i have always played a push can only be in a straight line away from you. :D

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Am I able to see anything besides Kallas and Zan's backs? I guess what im picturing is a log jam of peoples all trying to get down the stairs, but blocked by a skeleton and an unconscious wizard.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    First, a push according to the rules just has to be "away" from you....so I rule sideways works as well (even though technically it's the same distance). Basically, anything that doesn't bring him closer is a push to me.

    Plus, If he had fallen he most definitely would've been away ;)

    As for you, Amos. From your vantage point, you can kind of crouch down a little and see the entire flight below you. there is no wall inbetween the stairs. So you can see a bit of the skeleton (probably like pecks to neck), a little less of rolan (since he's laying on the ground) and most of radulus. (Since you're looking over the heads of the people in front of you and tothe side). Basically, everyone has some sort of cover from you.

    (make sense?)
    You could actually even try to drop down to the next lower level of stairs from where you're at (space G,24 right behind the skeleton) BUT, two things would happen. #1, the skeleton would get an OA. #2, you'd have to make a climb (athletics) check. If you failed miserably, there's a chance you'd tumble down into the pit, likely to your death.


    Sounds fun, no?

    Snowdown on
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Amos does best to avoid anything that requires athletic or acrobatic prowess.

    "So the wizard has nearly died again has he? You know Radulus and I may not always be able to show up in the nick of time for you..." Amos sighs smugly, before saying a quick prayer to help mend Rolan's wounds.

    Amos crouches down and eyes the skeleton that Radulus just assaulted. He stretches a hand out in the open stairwell towards the undead creature and mutters a practiced prayer. As he does bright flames pour out of his hand, simultaneously burning the skeleton and further soothing Rolan.

    The cleric stands back up, feeling rather proud of himself and flashes a confident grin at Valanthriel.
    Minor: Healing word on Rolan, Surge + 5
    Standard: Sacred Flame v Skinwalker (-2 for cover?) v Ref
    23 hit, 8 damage can I assume 5 more radiant? for a total of 13 damage. Also Rolan gets 4 Temp HP to go on top of his surge+5.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Skeleton tumbles, its bones rolling off the stairs to clack eerily on the stones at the bottom of the pit. The Mage Wight utters a command in some language unknown. As the Hounds retreat to him, he summons another of his chilling bolts, hurtling it and squarely striking Zan-Kyri this time. Zan-Kyri is immobilized and chilled to the core.

    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5125858323_fa92dd717d_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [Strike]Skinwalker- HP -2/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13[/strike]
    Toman- HP 23/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP -3/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 5/6 AP 1/1
    Radulus- HP 30/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1
    Hound1- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    Zan-Kyri- HP 25/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Skinwalker1- HP 45/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Valanthriel: ????
    Combat Actions:
    Mage Wight- DeathChill Bolt vs Zan-Kyri: 21 vs Reflex HIT
    1d8+3 = 6 damage, and Zan-Kyri is Immobilized
    Zan Kyri is up Skinwalker1 is on Deck

    No Update map, but the Hounds have moved to K,19 and I,19 respectively

    Snowdown on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Zan... stays in place!

    Save vs Immob.: 1d20 11 Save

    Squints on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The skinwalker shambles close to Toman again, lashing out with its meaty fist it finally connects. The putrid flesh smacks loudly as it hits, but the bone behind it carries a surprising amount of force.

    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5125858323_fa92dd717d_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [Strike]Skinwalker- HP -2/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13[/strike]
    Toman- HP 13/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP -3/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 5/6 AP 1/1
    Radulus- HP 30/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1
    Hound1- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 46/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
    Zan-Kyri- HP 25/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Skinwalker1- HP 45/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Valanthriel: ????
    Combat Actions:
    Skinwalker1- Slam vs Toman: 14 vs AC HIT (Barely)
    1d8+8 = 10 damage
    Kallas is up Toman is on Deck

    No Update map, but the Hounds have moved to K,18 and H,18 respectively

    Snowdown on
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Hurrying down the stairs as the skeleton slumps, Kallas vaults the bones and Rolan's prone body, words spilling from his mouth before an orb of light erupts in front of the wight, embedding shards of energy into its legs.
    Move: move to H24
    Standard: Grasping Shards on I17
    vs Wight Hit! For 5 radiant and slowed (+vulnerability?).
    vs Gravehound in H18? Miss...

    Korsahn on
    Kallas Sunbringer, Human Invoker
    HP 17/28 Healing Surge 7 (4/8 left)
    AC 14 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Now I'm at the point where when I lose, I feel like I was fairly outplayed; except for [FACTIONS I LOSE TO], those guys are assholes.
  • MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Toman slashes once more at the horrid undead thing before him; his blade finally striking with a flash of purple energy that sends the creature staggering of the stairs.
    With the way back up clear, Toman tries to sprint past the skeleton up towards his allies, but as he turns away, he is felled by the skeleton's return blow.

    Actions
    Standard: Eldritch Strike vs AC: 1d20+5 17 Hit

    Eldritch Strike
    Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier damage, and you slide the target 1 square.


    Damage: 1d6+3+1d6 6
    Modifier +1d6 from Warlock's Curse
    Skinwalker Takes 6 damage and is slid off on set of stairs onto the lower set of F30b (unless I can make it fall off completely)

    Move: Move 6 squares to I31b (activating Shadow Walk class feature)
    Provoking OA at F31 before before Shadow Walk ability activates.

    OA Hits - Toman is down and unconscious at F31

    Toman is prone and unconscious

    MidrealmDM on
    Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shaking his head Rolan stands up and smiles, "Thanks, but what took you guys so long? Cloth armor does not provide much protection."

    With that he shoots out his hands and launches two silver bolts at the grave hound! They both strike with deadly precision and sickening thumps!

    Realizing the predicament he is in he tosses out a storm pillar to make the hounds think twice about advancing.
    Move: Stand-Up
    Standard: Magic Missile 1d20+4 = 20, vs Reflex...HIT! 12 damage

    ACTION POINT
    Standard: Storm Pillar in K-24

    Also the MM is on Gravehound, not Gravehound1

    1 Healing Surge from Radulus
    1 Healing Surge +5 from Amos
    +4 temp hp from Amos

    Should put me back at 19 hp

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Toman pushes the skinwalker skeleton off the stairs and then sprints up past him. As he runs by the skeleton slams its fist into the back of his head, toppling him to the ground.

    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5139584625_261f8c7de0_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [Strike]Skinwalker- HP -2/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13[/strike]
    Toman- HP -3/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP 15/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 5/6 AP 1/1 (4 THP)
    Radulus- HP 30/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1
    Hound1- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 41/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16 (Slowed)
    Zan-Kyri- HP 25/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Skinwalker1- HP 39/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Valanthriel: ????
    Combat Actions:
    Skinwalker-MBA vs Toman: 18 vs AC HIT
    1d8+8 = 16 damage (Max damage, ouch)
    Radulus is up Hound1 &Hound are on Deck

    Snowdown on
  • MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Editied post to correct for OA - Toman is prone and unconscious (condition dying)

    MidrealmDM on
    Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How did the hounds move? Because I know they took damage :)

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hounds moved last turn - before you put up storm pillar
    Snowdown wrote: »
    No Update map, but the Hounds have moved to K,19 and I,19 respectively

    MidrealmDM on
    Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yah, I put it in comments, and said I didn't update the map. they moved a bit ago.
    Would you like to take back your action point? It will still prevent them from moving up this turn without taking damage.

    Snowdown on
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Radulus strides over the remains of the fallen skeleton, and nudges past Kallas on his way off the stairs. Taking a moment to wipe a little froth from his mouth before lowering his hammer from his shoulder in a defensive posture.
    Move: move to I24
    Standard: Take full defense.

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yea I'll take back the point. Sorry I was in a rush when I made the post

    Crimson Phantom on
    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited November 2010
    do we have any idea where toman is? kinda hard to tell on the map.

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In character, you know that toman is somewhere below you.

    OOC, Toman is on the stairwell about 1/2 a level below you (basically, he's directly UNDER Amos in the last picture)

    Here is a picture to give you a little better idea of what the stairwell is like.

    Now that you (Radulus) are down the stairs (on the current level with the room the monsters are in) you can see Toman laying on the stairwell that leads down from the room.

    Stairwell.jpg

    Imagine this, except for two things. #1, the stairwell is not nearly as steep, and #2, the actual stairs are much "thicker" because it is made of stone. There IS no railing, but because they are made of stone the stairs are about as "thick" as this picture WITH the rail.

    So basically, when you get like 1/2 of the way down the current flight of stairs, you can see to the level below because the stairs "scissor" away and the "window" becomes larger. That's why things on a different level have cover from you, because the stairs block the view.

    Make more sense?

    Snowdown on
  • WoogityWoogity Registered User
    edited November 2010
    cool thanks i got the idea of how the stairs looked, but didnt know if it went down further than this room or if he was above somehow.

    Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

    Henry Teach, human cutthroat

    the game assassino_O
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The hounds are the next on initiative, right?

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yes, Sorry.

    I've had a pretty bad 2 days. First was just hella busy. 2nd my work PC crashed...Hard Drive failure, non restorable. I lost a LOT of data, including my maps for the game.....a map that had a HELL of a lot of time put in it for the next leg of the adventure, etc. etc....

    maptools, all my the majority of my image files for maptools, plots, experience totals, treasure, etc.

    Had a good portion of it backed up on an external USB drive which also failed (was dropped)

    Plus i've a deadline of "move out by the 15th, or else" and am still having issues with the mortgage for the house i'm trying to buy.

    happy fun times!

    Snowdown on
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ack, sounds rough, Snow! Take your time, theres no rush, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't Amos.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • KorsahnKorsahn Registered User
    edited November 2010
    So inconsiderate! :P
    It'll take an upturn soon bud!

    Korsahn on
    Kallas Sunbringer, Human Invoker
    HP 17/28 Healing Surge 7 (4/8 left)
    AC 14 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Now I'm at the point where when I lose, I feel like I was fairly outplayed; except for [FACTIONS I LOSE TO], those guys are assholes.
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Valanthriel moves past Amos and the Immobilized Genasi. Two motes of light streak from her outstretched hand to slam into the closest Gravehound. It staggers with the blow.

    Both hounds rush forward, closing the distance with ease before snapping their jaws furiously at Radulus. One set glances harmlessly off his armor as he deflects the other set of jaws to the side with his hammer.


    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5365177026_7a4db6a523_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [Strike]Skinwalker- HP -2/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13[/strike]
    Toman- HP -3/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP 15/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 5/6 AP 1/1 (4 THP)
    Radulus- HP 30/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1
    Valanthriel- ????
    Hound1- 32/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 41/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16 (Slowed)
    Zan-Kyri- HP 25/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Skinwalker1- HP 39/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Combat Actions:
    Valanthriel - Missile Barrage vs Gravehound - 4d4+12= 22 Damage
    Hound1- Move, atk vs Radulus 1d20+7 = 17 MISS
    Hound- Move, Atk vs Radulus 1d20+7 = 16 MISS
    Amos is up The Wight is on Deck

    Snowdown on
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Amos winces as he hears Toman's voice grunt loudly followed by a sickening thud. He then sighs deeply, "I'll be there momentarily to save you, too!" As he descends the stairs he mumbles to himself, "Arcanists, honestly, its like they are made entirely of glass held together by women's undergarments."

    Murmuring a quick prayer to Amaunator as he rounds the corner of the stairs, Amos unleashes a bolt of pure light at the gravehound wounded by Valanthriel. The attack goes wide right of the hound though, and Amos turns to Valanthriel, obviously somewhat embarassed, "Sorry you had to see that. I must have been distracted by all that DYING that Toman is trying to do."
    Lance of Faith vs Reflex: 1d20+5 10 1d8+4 7...Miss

    end in F24, over the corpse? of the skinwalker. Before next turn I need to clear something up. I can see Toman from here, right? Also, If I needed to I could use my move or minor action to hop down to him (assuming that if I fail jumping this direction I only hit the wall, not the endless pit of doom)?

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Clarifications:

    You would have to move down to where Kallas is, or past, in order to be able to see Toman. So 1-2 squares more.

    And yes, if you failed the check to hop down, you wouldn't fall into the pit of doom.....maybe on a natural 1 :twisted:

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    (Will Update the Map after I take Zan-Kyri's Turn)

    The dark figure at the back of the pack steps a bit closer to the pit, emboldened now that its unearthly hound minions have the stairway blocked. Reaching out, he sends a shadowy bolt forward, slamming into Radulus. The shadows coalesce around his legs.

    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5365177026_7a4db6a523_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [Strike]Skinwalker- HP -2/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13[/strike]
    Toman- HP -3/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP 15/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 5/6 AP 1/1 (4 THP)
    Radulus- HP 22/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Valanthriel- ????
    Hound1- 32/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 41/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16 (Slowed)
    Zan-Kyri- HP 25/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Skinwalker1- HP 39/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Combat Actions:
    Mage Wight- Deathchill Bolt vs Radulus: 1d20+7 = 18 HIT 1d8+3= 8 Damage and Radulus is Immobilized
    Zan-Kyri is up Skinwalker1 is on Deck

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Zan-Kyri snarls in frustration and struggles against the shadowy bonds that root him to the floor.

    Just as he is about to give up, the bonds free.

    Actions:
    Zan can't take any actions really, he doesn't have anything ranged that will reach any foes, or anything beneficial to allies. He makes his save at the end of his turn. He could use an AP to move...but that's silly.

    Save vs Immobilized: 16 Success!

    Snowdown on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Skinwalker skeleton steps over Toman's unconscious form and shambles up the stairs towards radulus.

    Map:
    Light: Bright Light (Due to Radulus' Sunrod)
    5370148619_f5c2b94604_b.jpg
    Initiative:
    [Strike]Skinwalker- HP -2/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13[/strike]
    Toman- HP -3/24, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 7/7 AP 1/1
    Rolan- HP 15/20, AC 14, Fort 10, Ref 14, Will 15 Surges 5/6 AP 1/1 (4 THP)
    Radulus- HP 22/30, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13 Surges 10/10 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Valanthriel- ????
    Hound1- 32/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Hound- 54/54, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 11
    Amos- HP 25/25, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 17 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Wight- 41/46, AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16 (Slowed)
    Zan-Kyri- HP 25/31, AC 19, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 12 Surges 11/11 AP 1/1 Immobilized (Save Ends)
    Skinwalker1- HP 39/45, AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Wil 13
    Kallas- Hp 28/28, AC 14, Fort 14, Ref 14, Will 16 Surges 8/8 AP 1/1
    Combat Actions:
    Skinwalker1- Double Move up the stairs.
    Kallas is up Toman is on Deck

    Snowdown on
Sign In or Register to comment.