As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Applying for two different jobs at the same place

SilverEternitySilverEternity Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm planning on applying for two different jobs at the same school and I'm not sure of the etiquette for doing so. Should I send one cover letter/resume and just explain that I am interested in both positions in the cover letter or send two sets of cover letters/resumes?

One job is a part-time teaching position and the other is a long-term sub position. I would prefer the former but would take the latter; the contact person is the same for both postings.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

SilverEternity on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Not sure if there's etiquette for this but you might call and ask them.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • NODeNODe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I would send a separate cover letter/ resume for each position. Even if it's the same person hiring for both they're likely keeping the hiring process for each distinct; might have a different time line for interviews etc.

If you feel it's appropriate you can mention in each cover letter that you are applying for the other position. Perhaps word it to show your enthusiasm for this particular work place.

NODe on
  • Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    How different are these positions? Are you thinking of tailoring your resume to each position? If you're in the habit of tailoring your resume's (and you should be) then I would submit one for each position.

Iceman.USAF on