As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Leonardo Di[chat]rio x Joseph [chat]on-Levitt

• LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Linden wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I want another Takeshi Kovacs novel.

I read Altered Carbon recently. I take it the followups are worth reading as well?

They're less cyberpunk and more mil-scifi, but they're good.

Well, I'll take a look. And then look at my bookshelf in a few months and panic at all the unread books, I'm sure. Thanks!

Linden on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is like the new Seinfeld in that it's about a group of sociopaths that I find amusing.

Gim on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Picture7.jpg

Moo.

Silas Brown on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wouldn't give anything to Gamestop, even if they were paying me for it.

I think in this case I would actually be ripping them off, if they took it

Arch on
    edited July 2010
    oh no mori whyyyyy

also they won't take red ringed xboxes

Arch on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    does it hurt mori i bet it hurts

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    does it hurt mori i bet it hurts

It's a little sore.

Silas Brown on
    edited July 2010
    for reference the bro(ke)box looks like this
    brokebox.jpg

ignore the pink snail

i dont know what to do with it...the electronic recycling place should take it right?

Arch on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mori, you are now the noise ringed Doc Brown to me.

BacktotheFutureDocBrown-full.jpg

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit, Mori. Holy shit. Was I right, though? Did it, like, barely hurt at the time? It hurt waaaaay less than I thought it would. The healing was worse than actually getting it done.

Be sure to clean it with a saline solution. I would soak a paper towel in it and hold it up against my nose for a couple minutes, then use a Q-tip to clear out the inevitable crusties.

Edit: Until Fluffy gets unjailed, I'm going to take up the mantle of the cute one, so Greeper doesn't have to.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glorious CretinGlorious Cretin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Listenin' to Velvet Underground, eatin' lox and a loaded bagle, studyin' Arabic. Something ironic about this combination of behaviors.

Glorious Cretin on
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    Holy shit, Mori. Holy shit. Was I right, though? Did it, like, barely hurt at the time? It hurt waaaaay less than I thought it would. The healing was worse than actually getting it done.

Be sure to clean it with a saline solution. I would soak a paper towel in it and hold it up against my nose for a couple minutes, then use a Q-tip to clear out the inevitable crusties.

At first I was thinking "oh this isn't so ba--" then I shouted "HOLY SHIT" and started tearing up. It was kinda embarassing.

It's only a little sore now, every once and awhile I feel like... tiny pins or something, but it's light and brief.

It's a little off to one side, so I'm gonna take the piercist's advice and stick some gauze strips in one side to kinda let it slide overnight.

Silas Brown on
    edited July 2010
    Fuck, how do I blow my nose?

Silas Brown on
    edited July 2010
    You don't. You will never blow your nose again Mori. Look at what you have done to yourself.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    Bwahahaha!

I wonder if Prince Albert piercings have a similar conundrum.

Glorious Cretin on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In a week or so you can clean out the ol' bat cave

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit, now that hurts.

Silas Brown on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bwahahaha!

Jesus Christ.

Gim on
    edited July 2010
    At first I was thinking "oh this isn't so ba--" then I shouted "HOLY SHIT" and started tearing up. It was kinda embarassing.

It's only a little sore now, every once and awhile I feel like... tiny pins or something, but it's light and brief.

It's a little off to one side, so I'm gonna take the piercist's advice and stick some gauze strips in one side to kinda let it slide overnight.
    Haha. My friend was supposed to film my piercing, but she was fucking retarded and hit pause instead of record on the camera.

I was smart. I have a huge fear of needles (lol why did I get a piercing?), so I said "Just show my friends that the stuff is clean, I'll take their word for it!" and didn't look at any of the equipment. When I get blood drawn, I go pale and get woozy if I see the needle. It's a total involuntary reaction on my part, because I don't actually have any difficulty having my blood drawn, so long as I don't look at the needle.

My friend drove when I got my nose pierced, though. She drove for me and my other girl friend who got a tattoo that day. After I got my piercing done, we went to the waiting area to wait for the tattoo guy to be ready for my friend. After about ten minutes, I stood up to go get coffee and realised I was experiencing a blood sugar or adrenaline crash or something and my knees totally gave out. Now that was embarrassing, but at least I didn't have the coffee in my hand yet. Haha.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    As some one who has stuff for medical reasons put up that way. There is no fucking way you will ever a needle near it. Never.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2010
    Bwahahaha!

rotfl The local tattoo/piercing parlour in my college town had its price listings up for the different piercings they did, and Prince Albert was listed as "Free for a Good Cause."

I always wondered what actually constituted a good cause.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    brokebox.jpg

ignore the pink snail

i dont know what to do with it...the electronic recycling place should take it right?

just throw it in the trash, you fucking hippie

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    Fuck, how do I blow my nose?
    It's an adjustment. I'm suspecting there will be some trial and error involved. It was a while before I got the hang of blowing my nose in a way that did not make me go "OH FUCK! OH GOD! OW! OH JESUS WHY DID I DO THAT?!"

Also, be careful when drying your face after a shower. I don't think you'll have as much difficulty with a septum and ring combo, but terrycloth is not your friend.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Bwahahaha!

rotfl The local tattoo/piercing parlour in my college town had its price listings up for the different piercings they did, and Prince Albert was listed as "Free for a Good Cause."

That's an awful stimulating offer. I wonder if a holey dick is in regs.

Glorious Cretin on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man, my mom doesn't want to watch a third episode of Leverage tonight

I watched all two and a half seasons in four or five days

Captain Carrot on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Haha. My friend was supposed to film my piercing, but she was fucking retarded and hit pause instead of record on the camera.

I was smart. I have a huge fear of needles (lol why did I get a piercing?), so I said "Just show my friends that the stuff is clean, I'll take their word for it!" and didn't look at any of the equipment. When I get blood drawn, I go pale and get woozy if I see the needle. It's a total involuntary reaction on my part, because I don't actually have any difficulty having my blood drawn, so long as I don't look at the needle.

My friend drove when I got my nose pierced, though. She drove for me and my other girl friend who got a tattoo that day. After I got my piercing done, we went to the waiting area to wait for the tattoo guy to be ready for my friend. After about ten minutes, I stood up to go get coffee and realised I was experiencing a blood sugar or adrenaline crash or something and my knees totally gave out. Now that was embarrassing, but at least I didn't have the coffee in my hand yet. Haha.

Or land on your nose.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Will never understand the concept of paying someone to punch holes in my flesh. Nope.

HappylilElf on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Edit: Until Fluffy gets unjailed, I'm going to take up the mantle of the cute one, so Greeper doesn't have to.

Man I'm the cute one!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Bwahahaha!

That's an awful offer.

Fix'd.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Actually, I'm the cute one.

Silas Brown on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch I had that anteater beanie baby as a little kid, hi5.

Leitner on
    edited July 2010
    I have a friend that used to have a Jacob's Ladder. He lost about half of it, along with all the adjoining dermis, in a horrible fishing accident.

Glorious Cretin on
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Man I'm the cute one!
    Not while your image server is down, you aren't!

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie, what happened to superwoman?

JustinSane07 on
    edited July 2010
    brokebox.jpg

ignore the pink snail

:x

that is technically illegal, from what i understand

anyway dinner/more cleaning+packing time

Arch on
    edited July 2010

Will never understand the concept of paying someone to punch holes in my flesh. Nope.

Well I sure as hell wasn't going to do it to myself.

Silas Brown on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    now girls, don't fight
    :winky:

Captain Carrot on
    edited July 2010
    I have a friend that used to have a Jacob's Ladder. He lost about half of it, along with all the adjoining dermis, in a horrible fishing accident.

oh, you motherFUCKER

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    brokebox.jpg

ignore the pink snail

who cares

so is jay walking

[tiny]and fucking children[/tiny]

Organichu on
    edited July 2010
    brokebox.jpg

ignore the pink snail

who cares

so is jay walking

[size=tiny]and fucking children[/tiny]

BUSTED BY BAD BBCODE

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.