Okay first of all, if this thread is inapropriate for SE++ please excuse me and feel free to close or move it. I just thought people here are actually a bit more down to earth than the people in H/A. At any rate, that place is somewhat scary.
I broke up with my girlfriend of two and half years the day before yesterday, or rather she broke up with me. All the emotional trouble this brings aside, there are other, more immediate problems I now have to deal with. Mainly this involves getting a new apartment, either for me alone or in a sharing-community.
After thinking this through, my options are as follows:
a) Have my parents pay half of the rent for [strike]our[/strike] my current apartment
b) Find a single-room one closer to the city
c) Find a room in an apartment-sharing-community (I hope this is the right word)
- Awesome kitchen
- Awesome broadband
- Lots of room for a single person
- Nice landlady
- Somewhat expensive
- In the middle of fucking nowhere, so about an hour every day just to get to Uni and very little in the way of supermarkets and such
- Due to this I have very little contact with other people and just going to a bar or something is very problematic due to the long-ass way home
- Next to no furniture once my ex is gone. All in all I currently own a table and a couple of shelves
- Maybe TOO MUCH room for a single person (2 1/2 rooms)
New apartment for me alone
- Hopefully IN the goddamn city
- Would be awesome for me as a bachelor
- Better possibilities of going out or having people visit me (
- Less furniture needed
- Hard to find
- Questionable internet access (Depends on which part of the city, either it's shit or it's fine, no in between)
- Probably no great kitchen, but at least it'd be my own
Flat share apartment
- New people, whoo!
- Relatively easy to find
- IN the city
- Single room of decent size might be perfect for me
- A bit cheaper than the old apartment
- Less furniture needed for a single room
- New people, boo! (You know how it is...)
- Terrible, shitty kitchens
- Internet probably sucks because there is always one douche who leeches porn all day
- Little privacy, especially for... intimate stuff
So yea, tell me what you think SE++.
Maybe some of you were in a similar situation, how did you deal with it?