The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Stuff to do in Albuquerque

SteevLSteevL What can I do for you?Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
My fiancee is going to a science conference in Albuquerque. Last year she went to one in San Francisco alone and I ended up feeling bad for not tagging along, so this year I am going with her. We'll be staying there for about 5 days. Unfortunately, she's going to be in the conference every day except for the last one, and I'm not attending (nor would I really understand most of the stuff there if I were able to go). This means I need to find some things to do while she's gone for most of the day. While I am bringing my laptop and a few games, it would be ridiculous to spend my vacation in the hotel room. That's where I turn to you, PA H/A forum! Surely others here have been to/lived in Albuquerque!

So what are some neat things to do solo in the city during the day? Originally we weren't planning on renting a car (we are within walking distance to the conference) - is this a bad idea? Also, what are some good places to eat? Are there any good spots to get a nice view of the city?

I appreciate any suggestions!