As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Free and also Awesome

1565758596062»

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Playing Eve is the best way to get RSI.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nirya wrote: »
    Probad wrote: »
    Yep, if nobody is picking up oracle's/wards, Eve can run around and shit on people at will; once the other team catches on, she needs to rely on her team more, which good players will do.

Bad players just start feeding at that point.

Probad gets it.

nope

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is there something im missing? Why doesnt Malphite get more love? I almost never see him even now that hes free. Dude isnt the best tank in the world but man can he wreck a teams day, hes a great initiator with aoe pop up and can aoe slow both move and attack speed plus a single target slow. Plus he is fun as shit to play, what am I missing someone educate me.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Riot seriously sucks out loud at character design for females.

Every single female, human character has the exact same face structure with different colored lips or hair. Miss Fortune looks like they took the scar off Katarina and gave her bigger tits.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=54204&d=1283454654

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would wager that people feel that other tanks such as Amumu, Shen and Rammus bring more to the table. Shen and Rammus's taunts are super useful in disabling carries while Amumu's ult is pretty much better than Malphite's. Maybe the right way to play him hasn't been popularised yet, and I would consider him an excellent counter to autoattack champions.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    first time playing nassus

man, if you time it right you can be two levels over some cats in your lane fairly quick

his E is useful for farming

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have changed my mind.

My new favorite champion is Karthus.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Karthus is cool as fuck

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just lost a game yes, but I ended up being 12/6/10, which was the second best over tall (opposing teemo had like 20/5/8 or some shit). Next best guy on my team had like 6/10/5.

Team just couldn't get it together to take down towers.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Riot seriously sucks out loud at character design for females.

Every single female, human character has the exact same face structure with different colored lips or hair. Miss Fortune looks like they took the scar off Katarina and gave her bigger tits.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=54204&d=1283454654

45549_bj.jpg

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Karthus is cool as fuck

I really enjoy him, but I find his end game is pretty weak.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Singed is the trollingest tank

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, this just happened...

scoreboard.png

I'm Crusix1, I'm pretty proud. About the 5th game I've played with him.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    re: Phantom Dancer
    It's alright as a 5th or 6th item but you really need to have a ton of AD items to make it useful

now that I step back and think about it, this makes sense. I play Tristana a fair amount and my general item build has been

-start with Doran's Shield + health pot to stay in lane
    -first trip back, get some basic boots and either a pickaxe or a BF sword, depending on how long I managed to stay in the lane--usually a pickaxe
    -Merc Treads
    -finish Infinity Edge
    -start working on Phantom Dancer

So, now that I think about it, Phantom Dancer probably isn't the right item to build after Infinity Edge. I'd do better with something that offers more raw AD, some armor pen, and/or some crit chance. What should I start building after Infinity Edge? Black Cleaver, maybe?

Phantom Dancer's definitely a good item to build eventually on a physical carry, but I'm not sure what to do in between IE and it (as a 5th or 6th item).

Captain K on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Phantom dancer has a shitty cost efficiency ratio

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    it IS outrageously expensive

how tanky does the other team need to be for Bloodrazors to be worth the investment? I always kinda consider it but I figure "hmm by the time real teamfights roll around, if I've got enough AD and armor penetration already an extra 4% of maximum health isn't really worth it"

maybe I should just work out the math and compare a Bloodrazors as a followup to Infinity Edge vs. a Black Cleaver or something like that

but... ugh, math

Captain K on
  • Options
    kabuki64kabuki64 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You can always go for Madred's Bloodrazor, its always great for those health stacking champs, see vlad and geren!

Not to mention its great for getting those jungle buffs.

kabuki64 on
    Poké FC: 0516 4736 9808
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Bloodrazor isn't a terrible item since she attacks so fucking fast

But I've seen boots/infinity edge/bloodthister/cleaver/GA/whatever

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    hmmmmmmm I've also been reconsidering my skilling order, I think I should be prioritizing Rapid Fire much earlier than I am, since teamfights seem to break out earlier as my ELO creeps infinitessimally higher

sooooo if I'm planning on contributing to teamfights mainly by focus firing my high-speed auto attacks, Bloodrazor sounds more promising

still, Black Cleaver might be a better item directly after Infinity Edge. hopefully nobody's stacking enough armor around the level 10-12 point in the game that a -60 debuff won't make a difference

Black Cleaver followed by Last Whisper. and then Bloodrazor. That's the plan

Captain K on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've only bought a Phantom Dancer in games that have gone on over an hour and everyone has all six items plus extra gold lying around

It really isn't something you'd build in many games

Black Cleaver is great for ranged autoattackers like tristana and corki though

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also Bloodrazor and Wriggle's on WW is ridiculous

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    see I really like Phantom Dancer on Yi and Sion because they have artificial boosts to damage as it is

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man I love playing Tank Morde....I feel invincible late game.

Rinder on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Singed is the awesomest tank

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rinder wrote: »

Yes.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Skill order for Trist should be R>E>Q>W, with getting just one rank in Rocket Jump for escapes.

And I get Phantom Dancers on Gangplank, because he's actually a pretty good farmer mid-game.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't prioritize Rapid Fire on Trist. Could you explain?

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    early game farming and harassing is so much better with explosive shot passive, I find

and it's great having a pseudo-ignite without having to use a summoner slot for it

actually shit, you have a flash too with rocket jump, man I love trist

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Captain K wrote: »
    early game farming and harassing is so much better with explosive shot passive, I find

and it's great having a pseudo-ignite without having to use a summoner slot for it

actually shit, you have a flash too with rocket jump, man I love trist

Well, yeah. That's why I generally take a rank Exploding Shot at 3 or 4. It just seems like Rapid Fire is also an effective farming tool in combination with Exploding Shot, in addition to being useful for teamfights and taking down towers.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Trist doesn't have that much mana, so you don't want to use abilities as much. If you keep using Rapid Fire to farm, you're gonna run out of mana pretty quickly, which hurts if a gank attempt comes and you can't Rocket Jump out. Prioritizing Exploding Shot first works because it's a passive, and you should be last-hitting anyway.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    yeah, until the later game I do my best to only use mana when I'm in some actual conflict with an enemy champ

Captain K on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, explosive shot is a must have early game, particularly in mid where it will allow you to wipe waves of monsters quickly thanks to your increased level.

I've actually moved away from one point only in rocket jump until everything else is maxed out.

I think it was a game against a Mordekaiser that made me prioritize it a bit more. It was me versus him in mid and it was a tough stalemate. I was too good at dodging his attacks, he was too tough to really push on. Curiously, he would disappear every other wave, have me push forward, then return and kill my pushing minions with a few swipes with his AoE spike attack. I realized that he was constantly farming the wraith camp right there very methodically. He started out leveling me and becoming a serious threat. I tried to emulate him but I took way too much damage when I went to fight wraiths, and it took far too long.

I started looking at the wraith camp as a seriously untapped resource and found that with a few extra points in Rocket Jump I could jump in and have all the tiny wraiths die to the jump damage + one explosive shot, and the big wraith would die a shot or two afterward. Thanks to explosive shot I could return to mid quickly and kill the opposing heroes' weakened wave just as Morde did to me.

Now when I go mid as Trist, I try to skill according to the composition I am against. Often, pushing their mid tower is impossible against any team worth their salt. Their jungler will come out and gank me upon pushing. Their mid proves far too threatening to easily edge out of his territory. A few points in Rocket Jump earlier allows me to take this more passive style and get more experience and cash. A mid's role is also to set up ganks on the side lanes, and the improved burst damage of rocket jump can help a great deal there when you get consecutive jumps from assists/kills.

I usually take the points from Rapid Shot. Rapid shot is quite nice, but the first point is worth 30% AS (each point after only being 15%) and its uses are somewhat limited early on so I don't feel too rushed to pump it up beyond that too fast.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rinder wrote: »

Yes.

Yes.
    lolgame922010.png
    This is not even close to my normal tank build though

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Abyssal Scepter seems like a weird item for Morde

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    apparently no one else is going to tell this story so I have to

normal games are down, so Nouveau Chapeau, Kabuki and I make a practice game that fills up with pubs. I want to try Jungle Olaf, so I spec accordingly.

we try to start the game and nothing happens, we're still in that first join screen. Waiting, waiting, nothing. Then, suddenly, we're at the final lock-in screen, and our characters have all been randomed. I have Vlad with my Olaf Jungle build. Nouveau has Singed, who he's never tried.

Kabuki has fucking Morde.

one of the funner games I've played

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've seen some interesting Spell Penetration builds for Morde. Not sure how they work.

Rinder on
This discussion has been closed.