As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good Deeds

John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Social Entropy++
So, first a little story.

Today I was on my home from visiting my Mother in hospital. I was stood at the bus shelter, in the pouring rain with about 8 other people. Suddenly a car ground to a halt about 30 feet from the shelter in the middle of quite a busy road ( this is outside the hospital still ).

Luckily nobody hit this car but the lady inside looked distraught at causing so much chaos. So like a knight in shining armor ( or in this case a dude in jeans and a soggy sweatshirt ) I marched out into the pouring rain and proceeded to push this lady about 50 feet down the road, past the shelter and onto the side of the road.

I gave her an imaginary tip of the hat through the windshield and resumed my spot at the bus stop.

It gave me a little boost after the week I have had and it made me think.

What good deeds have you done today?

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
John Zoidberg on

• Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's pretty awesome John, good on you

I help my little brother with his homework every day, does that count? I haven't had the opportunity for anything huge yet

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I stopped a homeless guy from stealing this lady's iPhone when she left it on a table at Starbucks.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2010
    f53wch.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd prefer to talk about dirty deeds.

Done dirt cheap.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my friend's brother (Ian West) was missing so I tracked him down (he was staying with some sketchy people) and convinced him to return to his family
    Gained Karma!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I stopped this ladies dog from getting run over one time.

She was just pissed that I touched her dog.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2010

Today I was on my home from visiting my Mother in hospital. I was stood at the bus shelter, in the pouring rain with about 8 other people. Suddenly a car ground to a halt about 30 feet from the shelter in the middle of quite a busy road ( this is outside the hospital still ).

Luckily nobody hit this car but the lady inside looked distraught at causing so much chaos. So like a knight in shining armor ( or in this case a dude in jeans and a soggy sweatshirt ) I marched out into the pouring rain and proceeded to push this lady about 50 feet down the road, past the shelter and onto the side of the road.

I gave her an imaginary tip of the hat through the windshield and resumed my spot at the bus stop.

it's not really selfless if you come onto the internet to brag about it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Today, I installed StarCraft II.

Darric on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Keith wrote: »

True. But it was good exposition for the main question.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

You're the first person to use the word "selfless" in the thread.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I work for Disney. My day-to-day involves doing nice things for people who hardly ever appreciate it.

Sheri on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yesterday I saw a cat

in my infinite mercy and compassion I did not murder it

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ShimSham wrote: »

Done dirt cheap.

Kindly deeds and they're done for free!

Actually, I had the same song running through my head when I saw this thread.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    I stopped this ladies dog from getting run over one time.

She was just pissed that I touched her dog.

Did you punt the dog back into traffic?

Never mind, don't tell me, I'll just assume you did, and are therefore awesome.

Well, except for the whole Uriel thing.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Sure it is. It's not selfless if you did it SO you could come on the internet to brag about it.

Javen on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    yesterday I saw a cat

in my infinite mercy and compassion I did not murder it

Pussy

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I spend time every day interacting with people on the official BioWare forums.

I also look at some of the fan projects and offer feedback from my esteemed position as LORD HIGH OBSERVER OF ALL CINEMATIC DESIGN.

By which I mean people ask if I could look at their stuff because I am ostensibly a professional in that field.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    vsove wrote: »

I also look at some of the fan projects and offer feedback from my esteemed position as LORD HIGH OBSERVER OF ALL CINEMATIC DESIGN.

By which I mean people ask if I could look at their stuff because I am ostensibly a professional in that field.

You work for bioware huh?

Dragon Age Keeps crashing on loads...

Where do I go to lookup a fix?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I gave a lady my seat on the bus.

I mean I'd been in it for all of three seconds but still.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When I was walking to the bar to meet some friends this lady completely crashed out on her bicycle. I helped her up and she skinned her knee and her bike chain came off the gear. I helped her get it back then got her on her way, and I got covered in grease in the process. I felt good after that.

Another time I saw an old lady in a walker stuck in a revolving door. I helped her by going in the door and pushing it a little slowly so she didn't have to push it.

Another time I was walking to work and this lady just collapsed on the sidewalk. I helped her up but then realized she was addicted to meth and she started screaming at me. That was awkward.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Probably those same forums! I dunno, I'm not a technical person. I'm an artist. I make art. (Well, technically I'm actually a designer).

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Probably those same forums! I dunno, I'm not a technical person. I'm an artist. I make art. (Well, technically I'm actually a designer).
    Goddamn it I am having so much fun as a city elf.

Let your employers know that they have pleased the Uriel.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am a social and personal deficit

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i gave a coworker all of my old jewelry because she wears that stuff and i do not
    she was exceedingly happy, i thought she was going to tear up

mully on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I grace people with my presence daily, which undoubtedly makes their meager pointless lives worth living.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    don't do nothing, i sit around, jerk off and take a dump in between breathing, eating and posting on the internet

my ma volunteers at hospice

good job ma!

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Last winter there was a pit-bull mix standing outside Wendys when I went to lunch. No collar, no leash, no owner anywhere nearby. She was just staring at people who came out with to-go bags, following them a little when they went to their car and whining, but if anyone looked at her directly her tail would go down and she'd slink away. When she walked, her teets were dangling down, she obviously had a litter of puppies somewhere nearby.

She was still out there when I finished my lunch, which was good, because otherwise she wouldn't have gotten the triple with no sauce that I'd bought her.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Vsove works for the game that involves fucking alien blue chicks, not swords and sorcery. Also, Vsove does art or some hippy shit like that.

Hunter on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yesterday, i was pooping at work and courtesy flushed twice

also, i gave a random little girl on the metro some of my peanut m&ms because she was just staring at me with hungry eyes. then her mom gave me a dirty look

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

Vsove works for the game that involves fucking alien blue chicks, not swords and sorcery. Also, Vsove does art or some hippy shit like that.

I actually like Dragon Age a lot more than ME...

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i agree with uriel
    DA > ME1&2

i showed my agreement with uriel
    that is a good deed in itself

mully on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    yesterday, i was pooping at work and courtesy flushed twice

also, i gave a random little girl on the metro some of my peanut m&ms because she was just staring at me with hungry eyes. then her mom gave me a dirty look

It's probably because you took the shit on the subway and just made the flushing noise with your mouth. Also, you didn't wash your hands.

Hunter on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Done dirt cheap.

a friend of mine once told me his dad sang it as "dirty deke and the thunderchiefs" and now it's in my head that way forever.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cadmunky wrote: »

Done dirt cheap.

a friend of mine once told me his dad sang it as "dirty deke and the thunderchiefs" and now it's in my head that way forever.

oh god, now you've infected me, i'll only hear those words as well - and i listen to that song a lot

mully on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I work wherever I am needed.

Right now, I'm working on Dragon Age 2!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i thought it was thunderchiefs when i was a kid

satansfingers on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

She stopped the car there on purpose as part of an elaborate heist scheme. You ruined it all and her fellow robbers murdered her for screwing up the plan. Congratulations.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    mully wrote: »
    cadmunky wrote: »

Done dirt cheap.

oh god, now you've infected me, i'll only hear those words as well - and i listen to that song a lot

somebody call weird al.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I work wherever I am needed.

Right now, I'm working on Dragon Age 2!

If Oghren or some bastard child of Oghren isn't in this game I will hold you personally responsible.

Hunter on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just helped a friend of mine come to terms with her sexuality. She told me she'd been struggling with the idea of being a lesbian for a long time, but had been trying to ignore it out of fear. Even just in the past two weeks since it happened, she's been so much happier.

That feels pretty great!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on