As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hell, it's about time!

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So by the end of the campaign is money plentiful enough to get everything? My hoarders instinct is making me really conservative with upgrades / mercs

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    anyone playing?

Cornell002 on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So by the end of the campaign is money plentiful enough to get everything? My hoarders instinct is making me really conservative with upgrades / mercs

If you can get away with hoarding, you're not playing on a high enough difficulty.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    neville wrote: »
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Hilarious spoiler:
    Mayday, Mayday, this is General Warfield: I have taken terrible, terrible damage.

Or something similar, I forget.

Edit: This would probably be funnier if people knew about this: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=121769

A whine about Moving Shot.
    How original (for very unoriginal values of "original").

You missed the point entirely Neville.

The funny part was terrible, terrible damage. That article was just the only thing I could find talking about the idea of Terrible, Terrible Damage.

Also: the little things in the campaign are the things I enjoy the most. Like the news report where
    Donny Vermilion commits himself to a mental hospital wearing only his socks while carrying Mengsk's manifesto and a pound of peanut butter.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
    edited July 2010
    TheStig wrote: »

If you can get away with hoarding, you're not playing on a high enough difficulty.

upgrades aren't that game changing, and i'm still buying essentials like stim and concussions. (also playing hard, getting all the achievements as I go. I'll save brutal for another playthrough when i'm not thinking about achievements.)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    edited July 2010

upgrades aren't that game changing, and i'm still buying essentials like stim and concussions. (also playing hard, getting all the achievements as I go. I'll save brutal for another playthrough when i'm not thinking about achievements.)

Yeah, I think some of them are near impossible to get on brutal.

TheStig on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am still TheLaw.603

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cornell.931. Looking to play now if anyone is around. I keep getting owned

Cornell002 on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I put all my hatcheries into one hotkey, usually 6, but I should probably switch to a way that lets me get to each hatch quickly for spawning larva. having them all on one key makes it really easy to make a shitload of units quick though

You can do a combo of the two; one hotkey for all you hatcheries and seperate Ctrl Groups for your queens.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010
    sarukun wrote: »
    I put all my hatcheries into one hotkey, usually 6, but I should probably switch to a way that lets me get to each hatch quickly for spawning larva. having them all on one key makes it really easy to make a shitload of units quick though

You can do a combo of the two; one hotkey for all you hatcheries and seperate Ctrl Groups for your queens.

I put all my queens and hatches into one hotkey then use backspace (bound to my mouse) to jump between hatches and spawn larvae. If I want to build I just tab over to the hatches.

TheStig on
    edited July 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    you are going to have to divide the roll call into US/EU

This is an Excellent Point.

IF YOU ARE EU, LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU POST YOUR ID.

WE WILL HAVE A SEPERATE CONCENTRATION CAMP FOR EURO TRASH.

I KEED.

MOSTLY.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010
    Baidol wrote: »
    I would assume the choices you make now will be reflected in subsequent campaigns.

Personally I would be shocked if any of the people that show up in Wings of Liberty are ever referenced in Heart of the Swarm.

Which is unfortunate because the Editor totally allows for shit like that.

I guess we'll see!

sarukun on
    edited July 2010
    Damn that was a good campaign.

Edit: Now who wants to play multiplayer? I am Isolate.252 on the US server.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
    edited July 2010
    psyck0 wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    But Protoss are so fun

I honestly feel intimidated playing Zerg. Is there a trick or a standard on how you should hotkey your hatcheries & queens?

My system is generally to hotkey only my queens.

Each hatchery gets a queen. Whenever I want to look at my hatchery, I double-click the hotkey for the queen associated with that hatchery. This makes it a lot easier to remember to Spawn Larvae; the first thing I do if the Hatchery doesn't have eggs already on it is spawn larvae. Then I click-select the hatchery and go from there.

How in the eff do you macro during battle?

I do hatches 6, queens 7 and spawn larvae on the minimap. I want to work on making my newest hatch 5 as well to focus on making drones there, and then hitting 6 shhhhhhhhhhhhhh (I basically only mass hydras at this point, haha)
    Practice.

Lots and lots of practice.

You ever watch Pros do that mess? They analyze a situation and decide what to do in a heartbeat, then immediately switch back to macro, then switch back to check on the progress, then switch back again....

It's disgusting.

sarukun on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Actually, if you're on a hard enough difficulty, they can be.
    And if you pick intelligent upgrades.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited July 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    at one point Tosh says "Your boys sure know how to walk the walk, Raynor"

"I believe that a man is what he chooses to be..."
    "Then let us know when you've made your mind up..."

I'm expecting an "I was born ready!" any moment now

I guess mayyybe the case could be made for "We are who we choose to be" as a cliche.

Also the lines are "We are who we choose to be, Matt"

and "When you figure it out, let us know! We're waitin' on ya!"

I mean, if you wanted to bitch about cliches, there's an assload of way more appropriate lines than those.

sarukun on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have to run this on medium when I play online. Ghey.

Tallahasseeriel on
    edited July 2010
    Sarukun, why did you do this to me?
    Why is Heart of the Swarm the next campaign? I thought you were going make it Legacy of the Void for me!

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
    edited July 2010
    Hilarious spoiler:
    Mayday, Mayday, this is General Warfield: I have taken terrible, terrible damage.

Or something similar, I forget.

Edit: This would probably be funnier if people knew about this: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=121769

Man, you BLAZED through that Campaign.

sarukun on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    how do i find the numbers after my username

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited July 2010
    isn't the terrible terrible damage thing from dustin browder and the battle reports

Yes.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010

No.

You will need to make choices about what you want.

Which I really kind of like, even though I'm usually a completionist. There are achievements for Dumping all of your Money into one category or another, too.

sarukun on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    First you have to smoke the spirit flower.

Only then will your journey of discovery will begin.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

should be when you click Add friend, in the top right

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited July 2010
    Sarukun, why did you do this to me?
    Why is Heart of the Swarm the next campaign? I thought you were going make it Legacy of the Void for me!

I chose instead to take all your money and forget that you exist.

sarukun on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will be getting this once I sort out the region locking thing

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

there are probably other ways but it shows you if you mouse over your character portrait after logging in

FrylockHolmes on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also if you mouse over your profile picture, it'll be in the tooltip

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Great to see a certain ghost again!

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Goliaths that can shoot ground and air at the same time are freaking deadly

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited July 2010
    Staleghoti wrote: »

should be when you click Add friend, in the top right

EDIT: This question was answer 30 times before I got here, so instead I choose to do a dance.

sarukun on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    oh okay! it should probably be made more obvious!

I'm pinkhotpants.492

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Goliaths that can shoot ground and air at the same time are freaking deadly

It is by far one of the most powerful upgrades on the Vehicles pane.

sarukun on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010

No.

Which I really kind of like, even though I'm usually a completionist. There are achievements for Dumping all of your Money into one category or another, too.

I like that, since it's another incentive to replay the campaign and make different choices

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah, i've already decided i'm going to have to replay the campaign on hard for achievements and to take a look at what i skipped on upgrades (like the panther! already regretting that one)

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited July 2010
    I think my favorite part of the campaign, other than the news reports and hidden stuff, was the
    protoss side-campaign. Massing carriers under a mothership was so fun, but it almost made my computer explode.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got the panther but never used it. I think I'll get a few of those to sacrifice to my siege tanks in the last mission.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My online name is SLyM.631 (i'm doing that from memory, but I'm pretty sure I'm right). Now I flee the thread until I finish the campaign for fear of unmarked spoilers.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited July 2010
    When everybody has played the Campaign a couple of times, I want to have chats.

sarukun on
    edited July 2010

No.

ok good to know. Those achievements were really the only reason I was wondering, and I may be screwed already as I've already spent some money down both paths. Oh well, something for next time

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
This discussion has been closed.