As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New heater - which one?

IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mightyand facepalm.Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
A few months ago our gas heater broke. We tried using our fireplace, but it didn't work out so well. So we used space heaters for a month and a half, until the weather warmed up.

The pilot light went out, as a servicer discovered. More than that, though, this was the heater that was installed when this place was built - almost 30 years ago. We decided not to relight it, since its guarantee's expired nearly twice over and we're not in need of heating at this point in time. So we're now in the market for both a new heater and a new air conditioner (which we didn't have in the first place). While my mom looked at the same brand we've got right now (Payne), a local contractor recommended three heaters and two ACs from Bryant.

The three heaters are: a Legacy 310, with single-stage heating (the Good one); a Preferred 312 with two stages (the Better one); and an Evolution 315 with two stages, variable fan speed and a programmable thermostat (the Best one). The prices are around $1400, $1750 and $2660, respectively, and we're not sure if two-stage heating is worth $350 (or if variable fan speed and a programmable thermostat is worth another $800-1200).

Does anyone have experience with these sort of things? I'm going to check some online reviews, but any extra testimony from here would be awesome.

steam_sig.png
Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
Backlog Challenge List
Ianator on