As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA The Series: Season Finale

15678911»

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah, I really hope you don't write advertising copy, because your last several posts have left me really confused.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ColeT wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    ColeT wrote: »
    Fiber One bars are actually a healthy snack alternative for a high fiber diet, not junk food.

No. These are candy bars marketed as health food.

product_image.aspx?catID=23347&itemID=24420

You don't put High Maltose Corn Syrup in healthy snacks.

If it pays the bills it pays the bills. I don't look to Penny Arcade, whose culinary exploits include pocky, Cinnabon and Meef Chewbaccas, for dietary guidance. CuriousPencil raises a valid point and is allowed to address it respectfully. He got an actual response from Khoo, who certainly doesn't need your postscript to make his point.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of High Fructose Corn Syrup. High Maltose Corn Syrup is a product that is used in an effort to move away from High Fructose Corn Syrup by health food manufacturers. Unlike HFCN, HMCN contains a sweetener (Maltose) that is found commonly in nature. Consumed in moderation in conjunction with a balanced diet, as snacks are intended to be, it is not considered harmful to the human body at all, and is about half as sweet as HFCN. CP's point is less than valid, as his statement about the "only good games" advert policy and any other form of advertising are not related in any way. That policy was not only established before PATV was ever considered, but if i understand it correctly, they're able to pick and choose games by experiencing them directly, which is far from likely with random food advertisements done through an ad agency. And even assuming he did have a valid point, am I then not aloud to show my support for Khoo by making my own point about how CP is making suppositions about penny arcade advertising practices on a flawed basis?

Edit: I should add that Fructose is also an ingredient, but Fructose its self is -also- a naturally occurring monosaccharide found in many naturally sweet foods, including honey and many types of fruits.

I know what HMCP is, unlike several of the ingredients in this particular snack. I know what Fructose is as well. But here's the news: when you take things that are found in nature and make them additives in highly processed products because you can sell them for more than, say, an apple or a bag of grapes, unexpected and often bad shit happens. Not only are these types of snacks not healthy, they are in actual practice harmful in ways we are only starting to understand.

As to your other point about what we are and are not aloud {sic} to do, I started to address it and realized it was not productive. I reacted to your using the ColeT account's second post on the forums to effectively call someone else less than "marginally intelligent." We are both fortunate to have Penny Arcade around to allow us to discuss the issues of the day, and it sounds as if we both trust Khoo to make the best business decisions possible to allow that to continue.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2010
    Let's try and keep this vaguely on topic

Tube on
  • Options
    TekiecidTekiecid Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    I truly enjoyed this episode, not to say i haven't the previous. I sincerely find this look into the lives of these 2 artists a fascinating introspective on how 2 normal people, despite their celebrity, can retain the "normality" of their lives. Today we are constantly bombarded with celebrities on TV, in the newspaper, and in tabloids who live their lives for themselves and never thinks to use their fame to spread a good message and to help others less fortunate. To watch this show, to see into the lives of these 2 gentlemen, and see that THEY want to help other less fortunate with the "blessings" the have, well, it's a breath of fresh air in cave rank with the filth of selfishness. As i mentioned I my heart truly went with this episode. It made me think of the episodes they did on Child's Play, and how much that really touched my hear. I hope these 2 continue to do their good work, and hopefully, more people follow in their step. You sir's are gentlemen and scholars.

Tekiecid on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This episode was amazing.

Gabe and Elliot are the cutest and the ending wedding pictures were just heartwarming.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    TraeiaTraeia Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    To be honest, I really don't care what PA advertises.

I also wonder what the correlation is between people who complain about the ads and people who complain when they have to pay for things.

Traeia on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    not having to pay for anything would be good, let's do that

L|ama on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've enjoyed not having to pay for these.

However, when the DVD comes out, I will pay for them so hard.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    not getting paid for anything would be good, let's do that

Ivar on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would personally be willing to pay for a premium PA service!

I dunno I like PA that much...

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    I would personally be willing to pay for a premium PA service!

I dunno I like PA that much...

I don't know..maybe if it came with a 24/7 Robert Khoo chat line.

Roger Wilco on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Hi, you're through to the Khoo hotline. $4.95 a minute. Here are some words that rhyme with Khoo: Blue... True... Glue..."

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "...Xanadu..."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too"

gilrain on
  • Options
    TimlanTimlan Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Add my name to the list of long-time lurkers, first-time posters. I just wanted to say that the positive and honest way the series unfolded was excellent. On a lesser scale, it was that "good" sort of magic that you get from Child's Play. I'm excited to see more.

Off to go see what the other forums are like.

Timlan on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Season 2 opener: Mike's bachelor party as planned and executed by Robert.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Unless I'm mistaken there's a blam tomorrow and two weeks after that, but what lies between?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Darkness, depression and beer.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I thought khoo mentioned there would be extra blams, or other material as some kind of consolation?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2010
    YOU WILL SEE

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's Robert Khoo, Business Whiz, isn't it.

or The Best of the Awesome Posts Forum: A Dramatic Reading By Wil Wheaton

EDIT: Actually that's the best idea

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2010
    business guy

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i want a dokhoomentary

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Business Guy: Men of Business

Starring Robert Khoo as Business McGee

KalTorak on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    It's Robert Khoo, Business Whiz, isn't it.

or The Best of the Awesome Posts Forum: A Dramatic Reading By Wil Wheaton

EDIT: Actually that's the best idea

Only if he can read straight-faced from the Poop Thread

chromdom on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Robert Khoo, let's play some pong at my bar and talk about PATV.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
This discussion has been closed.