Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Social Entropy++: AWESOME POST in "New Comic - 7/30/10 - Blood And Oil: Part 4", by Arbitr

Zilla360Zilla360 Spaaaace!In Space.Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
Zilla360 has reported a post.

Reason:
Too soon, or too awesome?
Forum: Social Entropy++
Assigned Moderators: WhipstitchZombie, Larlar, Bogey, Knob, potatoe, Orikaeshigitae

Posted by: ArbitraryDescriptor
Original Content:
This comic is seriously wonderful. The most I've been engaged by any pa property in memory. Hire the team to produce a graphic novel, Khoo. Do not hesitate.

To be followed by:

Automata-Small.jpg

...What? Too soon?

Zilla360 on

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just started watching the Tennant run of Doctor Who and it's a bit hard to imagine him as an emotionless robot. I'm not sure about Laurie as Regal either. He seems kind of like a Gerard Butler guy. Course with Zack Snyder (misspelled in the image) directing, there'd be too many 300 comparisons despite being nothing like it and...

I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

• FearghaillFearghaill Midgard I hear some secret agents only get cars.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You may be overthinking, but ArbitraryDescriptor was underthinking. Zack Snyder directing? For the love of god, why?

Poster is still awesome, though I agree with the person in the original thread who questioned having 2 british leads for such an american story.

lokisigtrustme.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 Spaaaace! In Space.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, as much as I like Tennant, Brent Spiner would be my go-to choice. Why not Zack Snyder?
    If you didn't like Watchmen you're dead to me. :P

/OverThinkingIt

• A duck!A duck! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    After seeing Inception I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would make a good Karl.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    that is the worst cast and director for an automata movie I could ever imagine

• ForarForar #432 Already prepping for Toronto Fan Expo!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The soundtrack had better be done by Hans Zimmer.

sigone.png
  • JudgementJudgement Registered User
    edited August 2010

Rob Schneider and Eddie Murphy in Automata. Directed by Uwe Bole and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

309151-1.png
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Judgement wrote: »

Rob Schneider and Eddie Murphy in Automata. Directed by Uwe Bole and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

OH GOD MY EYES

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.

Height: 5' 11" Weight: 225 Goal: 200
  • A duck!A duck! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2010
    Not enough Gilbert Gottfried and Carrot Top.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, I always imagined Kevin Spacey's voice for Carl. This is still pretty great, though.

• KlundtasaurKlundtasaur Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, I always imagined Kevin Spacey's voice for Carl. This is still pretty great, though.

YES. Although, I wonder if he'd do such a similar performance after Moon. He does have such a good voice, though.

Ilinana wrote: »
    I find it highly offensive that the topic of this thread is "Getting Offended: The New National Pastime."
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look, Kevin Spacey as Carl, Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Royal, directed by Ridley Scott.

That's how it's done, bitches.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Indeed, well done sir.
    Adus wrote: »
    I just started watching the Tennant run of Doctor Who and it's a bit hard to imagine him as an emotionless robot.

You ever been really hungry and find yourself fantasizing about this delicious sandwich you had once? Then someone asks you what they should serve at their fancy dinner next month and the only thing you can come up with is "Sandwiches?"

David Tennant is my sandwich.

Automata-Sg.png