As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help with my HP TouchSmart tm2

AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
Hey guys, I just got a TouchSmart and have to say it works pretty nicely as a slate. However, it isn't exactly the most powerful computer on the market. So I was wondering if any of you knew a way to use it as just a tablet for a more adept computer running photoshop. Basically the touchscreen and pen would function as the input for a separate computer, probably through wifi. I've tried Googling for a how-to with no luck, so I came here hoping one of you know of a program that allows this. I'm sure it's at least possible, because I recall a few iPhone apps that let you do it.

leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
AzadIsCool on

• Options
    pentium166pentium166 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You might try Synergy+ but it's meant for mouse/keyboard so you'd lose the pressure sensitivity and multitouch (if touch works at all). I mainly use it the other way around to use my desktop keyboard/mouse on my laptop, which also happens to be a TM2.

pentium166 on
  • Options
    AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's a shame, I was hoping to keep the tablet functionality, including pressure sensitivity.

I tried out logmein.com, but it has the same issue.

AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg