As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Does anyone play Warcraft 3 anymore?

suicidexcusesuicidexcuse Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
With starcraft now out I was thinking about playing warcraft again but since I lost my cd keys I need to purchase it again. Before I do that I just wanted to know if anyone still plays it online. I only play random team games, no custom games. So does anyone know if there is enough people to get a good amount of games in? Thanks

suicidexcuse on

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm positive that people still play it. DotA still has an active community of players, even with League of Legends being out there.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you mean ladder, there were still games to be had last time I was active, which was months ago so may not be accurate anymore, and I only played 1v1 and 2v2.

If you choose to get more organized, get on gerana, and get to know the community, then there are still games. But the skill levels are quite high and it's mostly 1v1 and 2v2 until you get to know people well enough to hang out and get larger pickups going.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the more popular types should be fine (1v1 2v2) but an FFA might take a while to find

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    its not really that popular anymore, to be completely honest. unless you were really really good, you'll get totally stomped as the only people who play anymore are the people who are good.

at least, that was my experience.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A shit ton of people still play it, at least last time i played which was about a year ago. But it's a blizzard game, people will play it like crazy till they make a Warcraft 4.

Only down side is that the only people that do seem to play it now are the pros. So you go online and basically get completely stomped by uber players who have been played for 7 years or whatever and are unbeatable by the normal casual gamer.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    AdventAdvent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would suspect more than a few remaining players have migrated to Starcraft II since it came out last week...

Advent on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Probably less than it seems. They're not really comparable in gameplay.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream