As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Recettear: RPG Shop simulator - It's out and great and you should buy it

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wait what? holy shit that's awesome for me, but I hope they don't burst their bubble taking 3-4 games at once, cost wise.

edit: aw dang no game names announced.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Praying for Game Dev Story for PC

Jintor on
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GameDevStory is pretty well sewn up as far as I know; they got someone to do the English version of the phone version so those guys will probably do the PC version too.

I mean if they want our help that'd be cool but as far as I know GDS is off the market.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Recettear on sale for $5 along with some other games I don't know much about. It's a deal so good even the little girl won't refuse.

Tertiee on
    edited November 2010
    And Yet It Moves AND Puzzle Agents as well? For Five Bucks? That's less than a pizza! GET IT YOU GUYS

Jintor on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tertiee wrote: »
    Recettear on sale for $5 along with some other games I don't know much about. It's a deal so good even the little girl won't refuse.

- The price of Item Shop Games has decreased. -

Vic on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just got this for $5, looking forward to it!

Xagar on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Woah, nice sale there. Thanks for the heads up on it, definately grabbing this one now.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Vic wrote: »

You sir, win.

RainbowDespair on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Vic wrote: »

You sir, win.

After seeing that I got this itch to buy like 50 copies.

I haven't even played this in a month and it still has its hooks in me D:

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Allegedly, an 8-pack of this title will be available later during the Steam sale (now --> 11/29)

Zoelef on
    edited November 2010
    Zoelef wrote: »
    Allegedly, an 8-pack of this title will be available later during the Steam sale (now --> 11/29)

If true, definitely picking that up also

Jintor on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So...how do you use the special attacks in the dungeon?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bought.
    You know, this seems, so far, like it'd be ideal for a DS port.

Xagarath on
    edited November 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    So...how do you use the special attacks in the dungeon?

Use the "X" button. If you have more than one special attack available you can switch between them with "C".

Tertiee on
    edited November 2010
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Bought.

My thoughts exactly

Probably would cost a tonne though... not to mention distribution...

Jintor on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I bought this game at 5% of its original cost! I am a master merchant!

But yeah, it's a fun game. I'm kind of a sucker for making money and killing shit, though

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This game is so fucking frustrating sometimes...

Is there even a reason to use Charme?

I'm just going to stick with whatever the first guy's name is...

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also... are you supposed to fail on making some of these payments? I barely made 80k to avoid defaulting for the first time, but I have no idea how I'm going to make 100k

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Failing on your first loop is okay. You'll start back over on Day 1 on a new loop with all of the items you still have, your customer affection levels, and your adventurer levels (but none of your money). If it looks like you're gonna fail, spend all of your money.

Charme is incredibly easy to clear dungeons with once you get the hang of her, especially since she can run and Louie can't. You just need to get some gear for her and learn the monster attack patterns and you won't get hit.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This game has a pretty solid grip over my nights the last few days.

Charme's speed is off the proverbial chain. Sometimes you're just there to get to chests and she's clearly better than the other options. Also her first magic is incredible. Caillou deals instant death to everything, which is awesome. The punchy guy (Elan?) has so much defense he only gets hit for 1-5 even on the bottom floor of the last dungeon, and his powerup magic is ridiculous. Also he can run in straight lines, and since it's an attack he doesn't take damage when he bumps something.

Xagar on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, Elan (I think that was his name -- the monk) was my favorite while I was playing. Huge damage, huge defense, huge HP, and decently fast. He's pretty great.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    Bought.

My thoughts exactly

Well they'd have to end up paying royalties to Nintendo before they could even ship a copy.

Last I heard, this release had actually outdone the original Japanese release several years ago. That was long before the sale.

subedii on
    edited November 2010
    Nagi is the best~

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    subedii wrote: »
    Jintor wrote: »
    Bought.

My thoughts exactly

Well they'd have to end up paying royalties to Nintendo before they could even ship a copy.

Last I heard, this release had actually outdone the original Japanese release several years ago. That was long before the sale.

I don't currently have a PC, only a Mac (refuse to boot camp/emulate) and a DS. I would buy this for DS (or iPhone actually).

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Style savvy is supposedly kinda like this. Except with less japanese. And less monster hunting

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, I was interested in this when I first heard about but was unemployed at the time of release. I have a job now and a little free cash left over from debt payment to buy this right now. So I missed the sale.

But it's going to finish downloading in an hour and it gives me something to do while I install/patch WoW from a Battlechest install.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm surprised that this thread isn't getting more love after the Steam sale.

Finished the main game without having to restart thanks to having a good idea what to do from advice in this thread (basically build up just combo by not haggling) and a rush of women buying up my inventory on the last day. Still screwed up some things (forgot to expand my shop and didn't really pay attention to the crafting).

Now I'm messing about in endless mode. Like others, I'm struck by how much the dungeoneering seems like almost a separate game given how much time each trip takes. Normally I'd just go early in a week after opening up in the morning to take care of any orders. Then I'd shop and hit the dungeon, killing the rest of the day. Maybe that's the wrong way to do it.

Anyway: Awesome game with an awesome localization! Would buy again.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Going to the dungeon and only the dungeon takes 2 slices of time. Going anywhere else in town takes an additional one, so a lot of people end up thinking it takes 3 slices (sometimes 4, if you go town-dungeon-town).

What I would usually do was either Dungeon-Dungeon-open store-open store, or town-store-dungeon-dungeon depending on my needs, since morning seemed like the worst time to be open and evening the best.

Bremen on
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm surprised that this thread isn't getting more love after the Steam sale.

Finished the main game without having to restart thanks to having a good idea what to do from advice in this thread (basically build up just combo by not haggling) and a rush of women buying up my inventory on the last day. Still screwed up some things (forgot to expand my shop and didn't really pay attention to the crafting).

Now I'm messing about in endless mode. Like others, I'm struck by how much the dungeoneering seems like almost a separate game given how much time each trip takes. Normally I'd just go early in a week after opening up in the morning to take care of any orders. Then I'd shop and hit the dungeon, killing the rest of the day. Maybe that's the wrong way to do it.

Anyway: Awesome game with an awesome localization! Would buy again.

I picked it up during the Steam sale, but I don't like it that much. The style of the whole thing just isn't for me, but I knew that going in so I'm not super disappointed or anything.

a5ehren on
    edited December 2010
    Anyone care to explain exactly how newgame+ works?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone care to explain exactly how newgame+ works?

Sure. Be warned I haven't played in a few months, so my memory might be fuzzy.

You keep your Merchant Rank, Inventory, Adventurer Levels, and Adventurer Equipment.

You lose access to Dungeons, Adventurers (except those you have the True Card for), and all your Money.

gjaustin on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like the game, but not enough to play it very much on my computer. This feels very much like a portable game, I'd like it better on my PSP.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like the game, but not enough to play it very much on my computer. This feels very much like a portable game, I'd like it better on my PSP.

It would make a great PSP game, but honestly I didn't find myself playing in short chunks very often. The gameplay's pretty addictive, so it's easy to sink a few hours into just buying and selling shit, or it was for me anyway.

Plus it's nice to have extra buttons to have every skill bound.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited December 2010
    So survival mode. Are price fluctuations eliminated along with all the character interactions? I don't think I could stand to play for long without the joy of selling really, really high or buying really, really low.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    [strike]So I just found out the VA for recette is now voicing this:[/strike]

edit- i'm dumb and confused a little girl for a little girl.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    So I just found out the VA for recette is now voicing this:

Don't call me kanakana you pervert

That....that is kind of awesome. I thought something sounded familiar about the voice in that but I couldn't place it.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited December 2010
    Easy Game Station's website credits 水月 蛍 Kei Minatsuki for doing Recette.

Tertiee on
    edited December 2010
    Easy Game Station's website credits 水月 蛍 Kei Minatsuki for doing Recette.
    Stolen picture of where i stole the info from:
    recetteva.jpg

edit- looking more closely I'm totally wrong. for some odd reason, I confused some schoolgirl for recette. i have no idea how that could of happened.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2010
    Uh

What is Nanoha aka Tamura Yukari doing there?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg