As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recettear: RPG Shop simulator - It's out and great and you should buy it

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Monthenor wrote: »
    *(friend) wants to Steam chat*
    3:46PM (friend): what the H are you playing?
    3:46PM Monthenor: I believe "item shop simulator" is right there in the title
    3:46PM (friend): haha yeah, why?
    3:46PM Monthenor: I just sold a blacksmith dude a worn sword, and some housewives came in for walnut bread
    3:47PM (friend): haha
    3:48PM (friend): only you monthenor.
    *(friend) is now playing Team Fortress 2*

I failed to sell my friend on Recettear. I wonder...do I really have no talent?...

Your hype was too high, you needed to drop down to around 110%

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    *(friend) wants to Steam chat*
    3:46PM (friend): what the H are you playing?
    3:46PM Monthenor: I believe "item shop simulator" is right there in the title
    3:46PM (friend): haha yeah, why?
    3:46PM Monthenor: I just sold a blacksmith dude a worn sword, and some housewives came in for walnut bread
    3:47PM (friend): haha
    3:48PM (friend): only you monthenor.
    *(friend) is now playing Team Fortress 2*

I failed to sell my friend on Recettear. I wonder...do I really have no talent?...

Your hype was too high, you needed to drop down to around 110%
    Unless your friend was a little girl, in which case you would need around 106% for at least a Near Pin.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, this is quite the addictive game. About 3 weeks or so in, I've got 2 adventurers over LV10, and I just finished the first 5 floors of the first dungeon after the demo. Merchant LV is in the low teens. Not entirely sure how I'm going to come up with enough money for the bill at the end of the week, but hopefully some lucky shopping & some treasure from the new dungeon will fix that.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh, right. review copy. *hate*

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And one round through the demo I really pushed adventuring...got Louie to floor 10 of the Jade Way, and goddamn that boss was scary. Protip: there is a trick to it. The trick to it is not "back attack".

Monthenor on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What

w-what

What is this I hear about us getting a shoutout at the Gabe & Tycho Q&A session at PAX?

SOMEONE ELUCIDATE PLEASE

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SpaceDrake wrote: »
    What

w-what

What is this I hear about us getting a shoutout at the Gabe & Tycho Q&A session at PAX?

SOMEONE ELUCIDATE PLEASE

Someone got to the mic, did a Sponge Bob impression, and mentioned it as a game Jerry should check out.

Artereis on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is the coolest fucking idea.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    fuck 5 more days until i can sink my teeth into this game! I FUCKING NEED IT LIKE CRACK :shock:

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The day my payment was due a guy strolled in, sold me a 4000 gold statue for like 2200 then I sold it off for like 5000 a second later. It was good times.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The day my payment was due a guy strolled in, sold me a 4000 gold statue for like 2200 then I sold it off for like 5000 a second later. It was good times.

Yeah, when you're a few thousand short on Termesday suddenly it's EVERYTHING MUST GO, busting deals like everyone's a little girl.

I can never find buyers for any treasures. Most of my living is in books and food.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Why is this coming out on a Friday anyways? That is strange.

captaink on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So that it can get right to work consuming people's weekends.

Last Son on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    At first I was skeptical of this game's concept, then I recalled that I'd wanted to do EXACTLY this back when UO was fresh and new.

I downloaded the demo.

Love it, good times.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't really like the gameplay of the game, but I am a total sucker for bad puns.

Space Drake, you write the worst puns.

That guy up there? Ignore him, he's a silly goose. This demo was amazing and now you have my monies.

Well, of course he's a silly goose. I write the best puns. All of them.

But the worst puns ARE the best puns!

Cymril on
    Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And one round through the demo I really pushed adventuring...got Louie to floor 10 of the Jade Way, and goddamn that boss was scary. Protip: there is a trick to it. The trick to it is not "back attack".

I didn't find him that scary, just make sure you kill the red mushrooms and then attack him after he eats the poison ones.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Cymril wrote: »

thats_the_joke.jpg
    I didn't find him that scary, just make sure you kill the red mushrooms and then attack him after he eats the poison ones.

But those first thirty seconds? Until you figure that out? Terrifying. Didn't help that I had sweet armor and was still rocking a Worn Sword.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yeah, when you're a few thousand short on Termesday suddenly it's EVERYTHING MUST GO, busting deals like everyone's a little girl.

I can never find buyers for any treasures. Most of my living is in books and food.

Man, I put out a book in the front shelf and one inside for like 10 selling times straight and no one even offered to buy it. I think I had to sell it back to the guildmaster to make the 10k payment.

Tertiee on
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

thats_the_joke.jpg

But those first thirty seconds? Until you figure that out? Terrifying. Didn't help that I had sweet armor and was still rocking a Worn Sword.

Good point, it is a bit scary til you figure that out. Can't wait til this comes out and get more dungeons.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tertiee wrote: »

Man, I put out a book in the front shelf and one inside for like 10 selling times straight and no one even offered to buy it. I think I had to sell it back to the guildmaster to make the 10k payment.

All I know is that every time I try to go big-ticket items like armor and treasure, I end up with three old men and Louie poking around and not buying anything. Every time I go food/book/clothes, I'm swamped with housewives and little girls clamoring for the latest dragon adventure.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't really like the gameplay of the game, but I am a total sucker for bad puns.

Space Drake, you write the worst puns.

That guy up there? Ignore him, he's a silly goose. This demo was amazing and now you have my monies.

Unless someone will suffer from the telling, it's not a pun worth telling. After all, "pun" is the root of "punishment."

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The thread title scared me until I remember some of those non-americans write dates wrong just like they drive on the wrong side of the street. Didn't want to wait a whole month for the game.
    :lol:

Zerokku on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, I caved in and preordered. Can't wait for the real release.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thread title should be updated that the pre-order is 10% off in Steam, Impulse, and Gamersgate.

Pre-order, guys - support these fine products for capitalism.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's really amazing how addictive the game is.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    All the postive reviews on here has me intrested enough to grab the demo, to bad the 'Steam servers are to busy to handle my request, and hope I die in a fire"....

Ill try again after breakfast...

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    All the postive reviews on here has me intrested enough to grab the demo, to bad the 'Steam servers are to busy to handle my request, and hope I die in a fire"....

Ill try again after breakfast...

Alternative demo sources.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just played through this. Ended with about 6000 left after payment. Not bad. I'm not completely sold on the actual dungeon stuff yet, but that may just be Louie, I guess.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just downloaded and played through the first week in one shot. It's pretty enjoyable. Apparently I missed a whole bunch of stuff because I didn't know there were stuff like fusion and even another hireable character in the demo.

Peas on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Peas wrote: »
    Just downloaded and played through the first week in one shot. It's pretty enjoyable. Apparently I missed a whole bunch of stuff because I didn't know there are stuff like fusion and even another hireable character in the demo.

you really need to push the limit of the demo to get on that stuff, i think merchant lvl 7 is fusion?

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Peas wrote: »
    Just downloaded and played through the first week in one shot. It's pretty enjoyable. Apparently I missed a whole bunch of stuff because I didn't know there are stuff like fusion and even another hireable character in the demo.

you really need to push the limit of the demo to get on that stuff, i think merchant lvl 7 is fusion?
    Fusion is 5.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So is a release date for this firm now?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I hope it's the tenth. I want my harvest moon-esque dungeon-esque nonsense game.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It is absolutely no question dropping on the tenth.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    These game looks fucking adorable.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Drake did you do the localization of this or what

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It is absolutely no question dropping so far away from now ARRRRRGGGHHH!!

Monthenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Drake did you do the localization of this or what

yeah space drake is part of the localization team

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Cool beans

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    He is the localization team.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts