As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sonic Wall

variantvariant Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Anyone know much about this VPN app?
I ask because I was using it earlier to enter my time for work and didn't realize I had left it on the whole day and I've looked at some NSFW sites since then... it doesn't route/relay any information from web browsing, does it?

variant on

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Reading over the general product information it doesn't seem like it, it just establishes a secure connection for other programs to use. If they downloaded some other program onto your computer in the package of software then it is possible. If you have been using the VPN that was established as your internet connection then you were essentially using your work network and internet connection so anything they normally could look at in networking traffic they would be able to see. If you reconnected to your normal internet after using the sonic wall you should be fine, without knowing the exact program it would be impossible to say though.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As VS said, the sonicwall doesn't store that info, but it does pass your requests into the corporate network that may store it. I usually set my connection up to use the vpn for an internal IP range (so I could get to the work servers and whatnot) but not for everything else.

If you did that on my network I would be understanding, as long as you weren't doing it at a time when you were supposed to be working.

Also, if your computer went to sleep during this time the connection was probably broken.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162