As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yet another name that old PC game thread.

TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
So way back when I was in middle school I had one of those 1000 freeware/shareware games on CD compilation things. One of the games on there I really liked was this game that was like a wizard duel. It could have I think between 1 - 4 human players, and I don't remember if you could attack the other player directly or if it was all summons. I know you had like, some kind of mana or point pool from which you could summon creatures at the beginning of the game and place them around the map which was a big square, the whole of which fit on the screen and had like, tree and water and rock tiles. So you could like, get dragons, or put nymphs or nagas or something in the water squares. I think you could only summon certain creatures on certain land types, or maybe they had bonuses for being on the right land.
The monsters all had abilities you could use like, dragons could breath fire, and leprechauns had shillelaghs.

Anybody remember this game?

steam_sig.png
Tofystedeth on

• Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Chaos for the spectrum?

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's it! Though it was just a DOS/Windows game by the time I played it. Thanks Xag!

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, that was from 1985! Here is a wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos:_The_Battle_of_Wizards

Krathoon on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, an old Games Workshop game too.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah, I thought it was a lot of fun, even in 1997 when I played it. I've been thinking of learning XNA and thought that might be a fun and relatively easy project to remake.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sacrifice was basically a real-time modern update.

Xagarath on