As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't remember name of 1+ year old online game

KlundtasaurKlundtasaur Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
OK, H/A, you guys have helped me regain sanity in the past when I haven't been able to remember where I saw something; I'm hoping you can help again.

About a year or two back, I played a flash game where you controlled different colored streams of particles that combined to form music. It was a very simply presented game--the only colors (red, yellow, cyan) were in the particles themselves. Each color represented a different repeating musical line, which you had to funnel into collectors to get to play the music. Some levels had filters where you would pass white particles through the colored circles to change the type of music they played. The particles were manipulated with physics-modifying orbs (pushing orbs, pulling orbs, rotating orbs, etc).

The game was very well done and a blast to play. At the time there were only 3 levels, but it seems like the perfect game to be adopted for an iOS device, and I wonder if the developers ever ported it over. Even if not, I'd love to be able to find it and play it again. The music was hauntingly beautiful.

All my google-fu is useless. The game was not hosted on a flash games repository (like AddictingGames.com or miniclip.com), the developers built the website specifically for the game, with the URL being the name of the game. I've spent the better part of an hour trying to remember/google around, but I'm stumped. I'm really hoping that someone here saw the game and remembers what it was called, so I can play it (and more importantly, be able to fall asleep tonight without it festering in the back of my mind) :)

Klundtasaur on

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    it's called auditorium

http://www.playauditorium.com/

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    KlundtasaurKlundtasaur Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    that's the one! How did you find it so fast? Wow, awesome. To the AppStore!

Klundtasaur on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    holy shit. that's the one! How did you find it so fast? Wow, awesome. To the AppStore!

It's pretty popular. I also figured it was Auditorium, just after reading "About a year or two back, I played a flash game where you controlled different colored streams of particles" in your post. There aren't too many games that fit that description and people were talking about it heavily here about a year ago.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Chases Street DemonsChases Street Demons Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, I'm hooked.

Chases Street Demons on
    "Sometimes things aren't complicated," I said. "You just have to be willing to accept the absolute corruption of everybody involved."

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    holy shit. that's the one! How did you find it so fast? Wow, awesome. To the AppStore!

lol only because I play it all the time on my phone. :P

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I didn't realize this was on the iPhone. I've only played it online. Thanks!

Esh on