As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Baking subtitles to video

VistiVisti Registered User regular
Hey guys, I have a bunch of files that I need to have subtitles (idx and subs) added to. What can I use to hardcode this to the stream, maybe something that will allow it to be done in batch? I'm on Linux mainly, but have a few Win 7 machines as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Visti on

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sure about the Linux version, but on OS X I've been using ffmpegX to do exactly this, while simultaneously converting the video stream. With any luck the Ffmpeg version should provide the functionality you're looking for. I admit I know zilch about Linux, though, so I'm not sure what would be entailed in setting up or running Ffmpeg.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I have ffmpeg and it is the exact same thing as the OS X version (just CLI), so I'll look into that, thanks.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]