As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castlevania HoD - I'm interested in this!

• ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I already got the boned achievement myself, but I haven't been able to play this game with a large group in a while. I'm in.

Zaylenz on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    boned is easy

I still need the seduce one and the dual crush.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capt Howdy - can't say I have the answers for either, but you looking for company for a bit? Very bored on this end.

(If we could get a group going for Boned sometime tonight, that'd be awesome.)

Sent the friend request. KAYLE SOLO

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also...

All I want is a damned Wrecking Ball and Ricochet Rock.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK, GAME?

Hylianbunny on
    edited August 2010
    Capt,

Chapter 4 boss drops gold rings which makes more gold drop in candles.

Other than that its not worth farming anything in normal mode because you get so much better stuff in hard mode.

Daybreak isn't that good iirc because it's slow and 2handed. There's a 10k sword that's one handed who's name I can't remember that's pretty good.

If you like the style, the combat knife is great. You can attack as fast as you can hit the button doing insane damage, more than you can with most weapons. It's just really short range is all.

The Dude With Herpes on

• SojornSojorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Madpanda wrote: »
    So is Yatsutsuna essentially Crissogrim from SoTN?

I don't think so. From my understanding (and from looking at the wikia), the Crissaegrim is a drop from Drac on hard mode. I picked the Yat up from a chest drop on LVL5. The Yatsutsuna is similar, but I don't think it has the same attack power, or number of hits per button press as the Criss. The Yat is kind of like the Vorpal Blade but with a higher attack power and cooler animation.

Still, it blade rapes just about everything already. It's hard to imagine just how OP the Criss is going to be when I finally get one.

Sojorn on
    XBox Live: NBKHavoc | Facebook | Sorry for the sig, it's just temporary. =)
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good runs tonight. Thanks again to everyone for basically carrying me through all those hard stages. I started to feel slightly useful by the end.

SteevL on
    edited August 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    Good runs tonight. Thanks again to everyone for basically carrying me through all those hard stages. I started to feel slightly useful by the end.

Thanks for getting me past Drac. Wayyyyyyyy past! :^: If you guys see me on, shoot the invite. I hear hard mode Drac drops good stuff.

Now to configure a good armor set.

Capt Howdy on
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Thanks for getting me past Drac. Wayyyyyyyy past! :^: If you guys see me on, shoot the invite. I hear hard mode Drac drops good stuff.

Now to configure a good armor set.

Certainly does.
    Every 300 kills

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
    edited August 2010
    My current setup still only has me in the 40's in Attack and defense. :? Which ring makes grinding subs go faster?

Capt Howdy on
    edited August 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    My current setup still only has me in the 40's in Attack and defense. :? Which ring makes grinding subs go faster?

Jonathan? The $200,000 one.

mastrius on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Add Pastalonius to the pile of wangs.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    edited August 2010
    Sojorn wrote: »

I don't think so. From my understanding (and from looking at the wikia), the Crissaegrim is a drop from Drac on hard mode. I picked the Yat up from a chest drop on LVL5. The Yatsutsuna is similar, but I don't think it has the same attack power, or number of hits per button press as the Criss. The Yat is kind of like the Vorpal Blade but with a higher attack power and cooler animation.

Still, it blade rapes just about everything already. It's hard to imagine just how OP the Criss is going to be when I finally get one.

Is the Crissagram a confirmed drop?

I just thought it was some bullshit gamefaqs thing that wasn't actually in the game; or at best was in the files for the "dlc".

I will say though, having two Yatsu's they are in fact this games Crissagram. They don't have the same visual attack but its the same end result. You can attack while moving, and non-stop and each attack hits several times. With two you can attack as fast as you can spam the attack buttons. They don't have the range the Crissagram had (Valmanway is more in that line) but it's not a huge issue. Valmanway is the other end of the coin of the Crissagram. It's considerably weaker than Yatsu's but it has about 2x the range on its hits.

Kind of the Yatsu's are for Alucard and the Valmanway is for Soma.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, I am just starting out. message me if you want to jam on some co-op.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    edited August 2010
    Sojorn wrote: »

Is the Crissagram a confirmed drop?

I just thought it was some bullshit gamefaqs thing that wasn't actually in the game; or at best was in the files for the "dlc".

I will say though, having two Yatsu's they are in fact this games Crissagram. They don't have the same visual attack but its the same end result. You can attack while moving, and non-stop and each attack hits several times. With two you can attack as fast as you can spam the attack buttons. They don't have the range the Crissagram had (Valmanway is more in that line) but it's not a huge issue. Valmanway is the other end of the coin of the Crissagram. It's considerably weaker than Yatsu's but it has about 2x the range on its hits.

Kind of the Yatsu's are for Alucard and the Valmanway is for Soma.

I can't solidly confirm it as lootable, no, but it's listed under Valmanway in the wiki. I've never really differentiated between the Valmanway and Crissaegrim. It's listed as a +10ATK weapon with a 5-star rarity. With a such a low attack power, I'm wondering how it performs for Al.

And I never even thought to stack two yatsutsunas and roll with it. Wow, that just made me want to try and farm another. Damage output would be great. =)

Sojorn on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've taken a break to play Dawn of Sorrow, and let me tell ya, it has the worst fucking castle out of all the Metroidvanias. Ugh.

I'm having trouble beating Death, but I found out I could practice the magic seals I have to draw, furthermore, you can visibly see how much time you have, and speed is more important than precision. I thought the game was mocking my horrible handwriting.

One of the best all around soul in that game, it the one from Witches, which is much better than the one in this game.

Castlevania needs more sexy Witches :winky:

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited August 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    I've taken a break to play Dawn of Sorrow, and let me tell ya, it has the worst fucking castle out of all the Metroidvanias. Ugh.

Really? even worse than Harmony of Dissonance? I don't remember why I disliked that castle, but I definitely enjoyed it the least.

SteevL on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    *flipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflip*

Unable to join the team.

*ding!*
    The team has been disbanded.

At least I finally picked up that Ricochet Rock. Anyone on and want to go for a bit? (Or even level up some subweapons?)

Hylianbunny on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can hop on and grind subweapons for a bit

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited August 2010

Unable to join the team.

*ding!*
    The team has been disbanded.

At least I finally picked up that Ricochet Rock. Anyone on and want to go for a bit? (Or even level up some subweapons?)

I have noticed that whenever I try to join a team, it does the Fail Flip once, then I try again, and it works the next time. I dont know why but I never join my first try. Like you have to warm the book up.

mastrius on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have only the kill a metric shitton of enemies achievement left. If anyone needs me, i'll be killing things forever.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited August 2010
    So I made it through Death on Hard mode last night, the Yasutsuna made that pretty easy. Even spent a few hours loot-farming on LVL 6 this morning. Still haven't made it through Drac's 3rd form on hard mode yet, the blue lasers keep tagging me even when I'm ducked under them. o_0

Doing all this on solo because Time Warner still hasn't come to hook cable up at the new apmt yet.

Sojorn on
    edited August 2010
    Someone on gamefaqs made a google spreadsheet of a bunch of the loot/items/souls in the game. Not sure if it's complete, but it seems extensive.

edit: OK, definitely not complete. I only see 4 Shanoa spells listed.

SteevL on
    edited August 2010
    Someone on gamefaqs made a google spreadsheet of a bunch of the loot/items/souls in the game. Not sure if it's complete, but it seems extensive.

Good link, thanks for sharing!

Sojorn on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Looks like a good list. I don't know if it's complete, but from what I see it does list all of Shanoa's spells and weapons. Confodere, Lapiste, and Pneuma are listed under weapon drops. After that she only has the 4 spells, Fulgor (Lightning), Grande (Ice), Ignis (Fire), and Nitesco (Piercing Beam).

Zaylenz on
    edited August 2010
    Ah, ok. I just don't know much about Shanoa I guess. :)

SteevL on
    edited August 2010
    Zaylenz wrote: »

Looks like a good list. I don't know if it's complete, but from what I see it does list all of Shanoa's spells and weapons. Confodere, Lapiste, and Pneuma are listed under weapon drops. After that she only has the 4 spells, Fulgor (Lightning), Grande (Ice), Ignis (Fire), and Nitesco (Piercing Beam).

Wow, I'm OPing that.

Cantido on
  • Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sadly the spreadsheet has no location for the yasutsunas which I need since that seems to be the choice alucard setup. I'm finding myself worthless in multiplayer because EVERYBODY has awesome stuff and I hate being the guy who holds everybody back. Any tips on where to find this wonderful weapon?

Sharp10r on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ch. 5 hard. Get into a 3 person party, the 3rd person in the group picks Shanoa and uses her Magnes to get to the purple chests really quickly. Get the one straight up, and the one you jumpkick off harpies for and then die and reset until you get your 2x yasus.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Ch. 5 hard. Get into a 3 person party, the 3rd person in the group picks Shanoa and uses her Magnes to get to the purple chests really quickly. Get the one straight up, and the one you jumpkick off harpies for and then die and reset until you get your 2x yasus.

:^: Thanks!

Sharp10r on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    anyone up for some Jonathan/Shanoa grinding?

Walt on
  • LasgarLasgar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Could I be added to the list of Wangs?
    SyndicateLasgar

I already sent a friend request.

Lasgar on
    edited August 2010
    Walt wrote: »
    anyone up for some Jonathan/Shanoa grinding?

She's too good for him! :winky:

Cantido on
  • BathTubbBathTubb Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    (Bathtubb). I am so pumped to play this game online.

BathTubb on
    Steam-BathTubb Xbox Live - Bathtubb
    edited August 2010
    Damn this game is confusing when it comes to stats. I decided to try new weapons and saw I had 1 Kaiser knuckle. I equip it and it drops my attack from 48 to 13. Undeterred I equip the dark shield in the other hand for a Def boost and start the game. The Kaiser knuckle is doing +40 damage a hit, the same as the weapon that had my attack at 48! WTF? And I can blender with it!

Kaiser Knuckle has made all the bosses (except menace and his stupid distance) my bitch. The painting boss doesn't even have a chance to transform, Death is too easy, and Drac can barely get me down to half life.

Anyway, stats are confusing and for God's sake try different weapons.

Capt Howdy on
    edited August 2010
    I wish they'd indicate whether a weapon was 1- or 2-handed. Or maybe they do and I just didn't notice.

SteevL on
    edited August 2010
    Anyone know where to find Winged Boots or Mercury Boots?

EDIT - Disregard. GameFAQS comes through for once. In case anyone else anted to know; Mercury Boots - Chapter 6 Boss Chest. Winged Boots - Chapter 6 Hard Mode Boss Chest.

Capt Howdy on
    edited August 2010
    I wish they'd indicate whether a weapon was 1- or 2-handed. Or maybe they do and I just didn't notice.

You can tell with Alucard by equipping a shield in his off hand and when you go to select a weapon if your def goes down it is two handed.

It's not an ideal solution but if you're just curious without having to start up a chapter to find out, it's a way to do it.

For Soma I have no clue since he can't equip shields and his offhand weapons don't show up on the main stat page until you select that hand.

EDIT: What are mercury and/or winged boots?

The Dude With Herpes on

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Winged boots increase your movement speed. Not sure about mercury boots.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just installed this and I'm running around as Charlotte in Ch 1.

Add tehpreest!

IvanIssacs on